Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Less than a month away! @CAPTAIN_NXR7, I love your outlaws! I am already planning sims from some of my favorite westerns like Bonanza, Gunsmoke, and the TV Show Longmire. Can't wait to see the rest of the build/buy items. Really love the new log cabin wall and plan to update my log cabins I have when the pack comes out. Will be adding a horse or 2, goats and sheep to some of my farms in other worlds as well. I really enjoy Cottage Living and have farms in several worlds. I think the animals from both will fit together well!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    well ea won't let me buy 5 dollar kits but a 40 dollar expansion you can have that. sorry it just amused me.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hope they added horse hair shampoo to buy from the vet. I've seen people buy it for themselves from the pet store, apparently it's very good for your hair. :lol:

Mane 'n Tail! Yes, I know people who do this, although I've never tried it myself. Apparently if you use the horse shampoo, and take prenatal vitamins even if you aren't pregnant, your hair and nails will be amazing.

Not trying to promote a specific brand of horse shampoo here, but I'm one of those Mane 'n Tail® (and body) - people.
    I also buy it at the local chemist, no petshop needed. Horse shampoo works like a horse (just like myself ) plus my hair looks and feels UH-MAZING.

*whips majestic manes*

I don't think I'll be getting pregnant anytime soon though so I guess I'll leave the prenatal vitamins to the ladies and just stick with a hard boiled egg in the mornin'. :D

Mane'n'Tail is on the shelves at our local grocery store. Plenty of folks I know who use it for their horses (I use Manely Long Hair for my gelding) and myself) will buy it there because it's cheaper than going to the ta k shop or feed store.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2023
    One horse that I want to re-create when I get the pack is Joey from the movie, War Horse (a really good movie featuring a spectacular, smart horse).
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    Horses were never on my wishlist for TS4 but I'm (tentatively, depending on upcoming livestreams) planning to get this pack just for nectar-making. In the description it says that they're bringing back the nectar rack and nectar-aging. I hope this means the Nectar-Making Career will also make a return. Also, that there's cross-pack features, particularly with Seasons (Gardener traits) and Eco Living (so that we can combine nectar making and juice fizzing). I'm not expecting a vineyard lot type, but it'd be nice if we got one of those, too.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Personally didn't expect to see another decent pair of jeans for males reaching their ankles.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i was able to order it. for me thats positive because When i try and order the new kits the transaction doesn't go through.its the same card.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Is it confirmed that horses will take up a family slot? I know they say part of the family but wondering if there is a chance they change that.

I'm still over the moon of course but was just wondering if I missed that info somehow. I am really spending wayyyy too much time here. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member

My sim will definitely start a horse poop retail store! I'm still debating if it should be indoor or outdoor store ;)

Indoor poop shop what has few angry bees, and works as nightclub.. Why I am thinking of @Nate_Whiplash1 all the sudden? :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    One horse that I want to re-create when I get the pack is Joey from the movie, War Horse (a really good movie featuring a spectacular, smart horse).

Ooh good idea. I love the Secretariat movie so maybe I'll try to recreate him.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

As for myself, I want The Dancer. Anyone read “The Heavenly Horse From The Outermost West”?
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

As for myself, I want The Dancer. Anyone read “The Heavenly Horse From The Outermost West”?

I read both books in that series more than once. LOL Took me awhile to track them down. Great idea!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing the trailer on Thursday! Honestly, I love all the exciting build up before a pack as much as actually getting a new pack.

I'm so happy that all of you who wanted horses are getting them. I'm also happy to see a child on horseback! It looks like the Sims team is listening to us.

The world looks more northern Arizona to me than the southern desert area. I'm a little disappointed that there are no cacti 🌵, but eager to learn more about the world.

Actually in one of the pictures I did see a smaller cactus, and you can always make them bigger, if you want.to. Also I think strangerville has some type of cactus too.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Hope they added horse hair shampoo to buy from the vet. I've seen people buy it for themselves from the pet store, apparently it's very good for your hair. :lol:

Mane 'n Tail! Yes, I know people who do this, although I've never tried it myself. Apparently if you use the horse shampoo, and take prenatal vitamins even if you aren't pregnant, your hair and nails will be amazing.

I tried it once in the 80s and was underwhelmed. Maybe it’s different now though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    Absolutely hyped for sheep and goats! I'm excited to see what the difference between them and llamas/cows will be. Like, will they give the same products but maybe we only get 2 bottles of milk from goats instead of 6 from cows? Or will we get goat milk and sheep wool that you can only use for certain specific new things?

Also there was no indication in the trailer so I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but... the mechanical bull from Sims 1 was one of the best items in the game. Maybe that makes its way back with this pack...?

Also hyped for all the Bojack Horseman memes that people are going to be able to make now.

I'm way happier to see horses in the game than cars, even though I've never been into horses. Horses feel like they fit the Sims 4 world better than cars at this point, other than the random and mysterious parking lots in some places.

The western/country build/buy stuff back in sims 1 is actually some of my favorite stuff (the spooky/goth and Art Deco stuff from sims 1, and also the banana window are my other favorites), so I'm excited for this new pack.

Don't really care about the paintable ceiling. I can't even remember ever seeing the ceiling in any of my games anyway. I just hope if we can paint the ceiling someone will make a cc ceiling paint that has "gullible" on it. Because gullible is written on the ceiling, you know!
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited June 2023
    I absolutely love the little goats and sheep, they're so cute, and the new world looks great. I also love that we can have Saloons and the whole Western theme is awesome. :smiley:
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Thank you @Babykittyjade and @maggiemae8135 for your kind comments re: my band of outlaws.
    I’m looking forward to moving them into town soon to wreak some long-overdue havoc. 💥
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I am so exited! Now I will just have to wait a little longer because I'll be away for release week.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    cant wait excited about goats and lambs.
  • Options
    I just watched Deligracy's video on the trailer. She noticed an old-fashioned hand water pump on the residential lot! Please let this be one that works to gather water! That would be awesome!
  • Options
    The water pump looks like wrought iron with a pail hanging off the spout and bucket below it. It is at 1:02 in the actual trailer. You can see it behind the angry looking sheep.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm not into cowboy/Wild West stuff (I have too many memories of being forced to watch old films I had no interest in during my childhood) but the Sims 3 horses were so much fun, beating the mounts in Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim and The Witcher 3, and I've been hoping for nectar making. The other animals will be welcome too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Anyway I will return to my supernatural families now because the combination of both themes is what I like most about the sims. Supernaturals and families are not opposites but can go hand in hand perfectly fine.

I totally agree. My supernatural sims almost always have families.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I want this horse. He seems to have a bit of an attitude. 😄

He is naughty. I do like that the horses all seem to have different hairstyles. Hope they added horse hair shampoo to buy from the vet. I've seen people buy it for themselves from the pet store, apparently it's very good for your hair. :lol:

This was one of my favorite parts of the trailer 😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(