Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Roadmap Revealed! Horses!! 🐴

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,695 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish Nectar, as we had it in TS3, could be stored in a cellar and value would increase over time. It was a challenge to find a better recipe/combo, make it with good skills and store it correctly. Pointing at the bottle would tell you its age. Good for investors, but also fun for explorers/globetrotters (imagining my sim digging up a very old and valuable bottle in Selvadorada). Perhaps less interesting if playing the average family, but if playing Malcolm Landgraab I'm sure nectars will be an important bit of his everyday :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,989 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Simmerville It's been years since I played TS3 but I want to say your sims could make a decent, or even a really good living out of making and selling nectars? As you mentioned there was a lot involved with trying to make the best possible nectars, that much I remember. Gardeners in TS4 could have a field day with this one by splicing plants together to create the best grapes and such.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,695 Member
    @Simmerville It's been years since I played TS3 but I want to say your sims could make a decent, or even a really good living out of making and selling nectars? As you mentioned there was a lot involved with trying to make the best possible nectars, that much I remember.

That's correct. With some planning and a good routine, you could easily make a living from growing grapes and sell from your storage bottle by bottle. I recall it as a life style, and there was always chores and imaginary stuff to deal with. I miss it a lot, but I won't need "100" different grape species to make it work :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,018 Member
    edited June 2023
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    However, if this pack shows some kind of horse care / breeder / jockey career, along with the actual horses themselves, then that's a good thing. Good because it might serve as proof of concept for a future car pack:
    If you sort of squint at it, and swap the organic bits for machines, you could see how cars would work vs horses:
    A separate area for the key feature of the pack (garage / stable)
    A career (mechanic / horse breeder)
    A method of transportation (driving your car/ horse riding)
    Customisation options aplenty.

Hopefully this leads to cars, I guess time will tell.

it might also lead to dragons because if you can ride horses why couldn't you ride dragons :sunglasses:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    @Simmerville I'm really looking forward to that part of the pack. I have the perfect sim family to run a nectar vineyard, but I'll have to see how that works out in a rotational save. Playing rotations is something very new for me, up until May of last year I played strictly one save one household. I would imagine progress in the skill would be limited to when I'm with that household so it would be slow. Not a huge problem since I play with aging off.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    However, if this pack shows some kind of horse care / breeder / jockey career, along with the actual horses themselves, then that's a good thing. Good because it might serve as proof of concept for a future car pack:
    If you sort of squint at it, and swap the organic bits for machines, you could see how cars would work vs horses:

it might also lead to dragons because if you can ride horses why couldn't you ride dragons :sunglasses:

Then we could finally have a proper sim Daenerys Stormborn of the house Targaryen, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, First of her name, etc. etc.😎

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

I was thinking about per dragons in the size we had in sims 1 and 3 but big dragons could be interesting too. I hope we can get some kind of dragon.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish

There is a breed of goats and sheep that are miniature, they're in farms around where I live and in Washington state as well. The miniature sheep around my area have black wool.

https://faunafacts.com/sheep/smallest-sheep-breeds/

https://pets.webmd.com/what-to-know-miniature-goats
    Thank you! I didn't know that. Shows how much I know about farm animals. About time TS4 teaches me the ropes!

So if those goats are actually adults, I assume they could potentially be milked? Because that would be weird with a kid goat.
    @GrumpyGlowfish Nectar, as we had it in TS3, could be stored in a cellar and value would increase over time. It was a challenge to find a better recipe/combo, make it with good skills and store it correctly. Pointing at the bottle would tell you its age. Good for investors, but also fun for explorers/globetrotters (imagining my sim digging up a very old and valuable bottle in Selvadorada). Perhaps less interesting if playing the average family, but if playing Malcolm Landgraab I'm sure nectars will be an important bit of his everyday :)
    That sounds a lot more interesting than the juice fizzing we already have in the game. I still think they could easily be combined into one skill, but we'll see. I'm never saying no to more options.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,742 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    So it was all true, I'm a bit excited but still pretty sad we need to have cats+dogs, horses and rodents in separate when Sims 3 had them all in one pack.

Also I'm sick of kits.

In true Sims3 fashion, the horses will be part of the household, too. This would be fine, if they suddenly increased the number of Sims per lot. I'm not optimistic of this, however. What an incredibly unwelcomed way to do it, you know?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,477 Member
    I wonder if the goats and sheep can be Familiars for Spellcasters? Probably not, but I would be jolly tickled pink if I could have a tiny goat follow my Sim around.

I love a goat. Especially the screaming ones, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,148 Member
    I'm neutral at this point about the announcement, I would rather have bands than horses. I was overwhelmed with the country living animals, so I guess I will be overwhelmed here too. Also I'm moving into another country in a couple of weeks, then my stuff will take a long time on sea, so I won't be able to play anyway. Saves money, I guess.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited June 2023
    Monet11 wrote: »

Baby goats! I am here for the baby goats. I wish they would have pajamas. Yeah, I'd buy a kit full of nothing but baby goat pajamas for my little baby goats.

Fun fact:
    I recently went out for this really long, evening hill hike with my buddy, but before we set off we had a bite to eat and a couple of drinks to drink at the local pub, as you would, as you would.
    Just as we left the bar, we encountered this little girl -about 7 or 8 years old- hopping around the carpark near the entrance -wearing what looked like a pair of baby blue pajamas. That in itself is not strange of course; I assumed she was just the proprietor's kid or grand kid, or simply some random child wearing a pair of pajamas. What struck me as mildly odd though, was that she was holding this rather peculiar, pale looking dog on a dog leash.

Now, lucky for me I managed to do a double take and discovered that the bizarre looking canine was in fact, a smallish, white goat...
    The most unusal thing about this entire scene however, was perhaps the fact that the goat also wore a pair of matching, baby blue pajamas. I kid you not.

Is this a trend?! 😅

Speaking of baby goats... I'll have my favourite werebeast adopt 7 of these adorable little kids for no specific reason. I just hope it's all cross pack compatible...😈
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

That tiny sheep is the most adorable thing I've seen in ages. Now I want a dang sheep and probably a goat, too, as well as a couple of horses. I wonder if the sheep and goats will be locked to a building and a small space, like the cows and llamas. I'd love it if they could wander a bit, like the chickens and rabbits.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

Speaking of baby goats... I'll have my favourite werebeast adopt 7 of these adorable little kids for no specific reason. I just hope it's all cross pack compatible...😈[/spoiler]

Why does this sound oddly familiar? Is there a book out there about a werewolf shepherd, or an old fairy tale perhaps? Maybe I just dreamed it.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Speaking of baby goats... I'll have my favourite werebeast adopt 7 of these adorable little kids for no specific reason. I just hope it's all cross pack compatible...😈[/spoiler]

Why does this sound oddly familiar? Is there a book out there about a werewolf shepherd, or an old fairy tale perhaps? Maybe I just dreamed it.

It's a fairytale called The Wolf and the Seven Goats.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Toddlers Horses confirmed. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    Another difference between fizzy juice and nectar:

Fizzy juice only lasts a couple of days before it starts going rotten, unless you keep it in a fridge at all times. Whereas nectar is the exact opposite, it gets better (and pricier) with age and no refrigeration needed. It never goes bad so you can make huge batches to stock up on, carry it in your personal inventory to take with you to sell anywhere, etc. With fizzy juice, you're under pressure to sell it quickly before it goes bad once you take it out of the fridge.

And now for a wee commercial break from our sponsors....

It's time for simmies to pick up their resonator guitars and sliiiiiide on in to some tasty Delta Blues music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NqfiLJdVE8

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

Indeed there is! I had forgotten all about that one.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,675 Member
    I wasn't excited about this one personally, though I was happy for the folks who are, but I'm warming up to it.

Right now my big hopes are that riding counts as Fitness and/or that riding outfits count as athletic. I have some sims who are gym types but could totally be horse types. (I'm looking at you, Genie. 🙂 ) I'm also hoping for an option for English style tack and riding outfits as well as Western.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,481 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

That's right! From a collection by the Brothers Grimm. I remember it as The Wolf and The Seven Little Kids.

Spoiler Alert:
    Don't worry, the youngest baby goat saves the day and the wolf drowns in the end.🤭
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I wasn't excited about this one personally, though I was happy for the folks who are, but I'm warming up to it.

Right now my big hopes are that riding counts as Fitness and/or that riding outfits count as athletic. I have some sims who are gym types but could totally be horse types. (I'm looking at you, Genie. 🙂 ) I'm also hoping for an option for English style tack and riding outfits as well as Western.

I’m hoping horse riding is a separate skill from fitness, so that more abilities with the horse are unlocked as it levels. Such as jumping over the beams with more skill. Feels like it would be laziness if it falls under fitness, the horse would be doing more work than the sim
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,675 Member
    @SelinaKyles, I know a riding instructor who I think who take issue with your last point, but otherwise I see where you're going and I wouldn't complain.

I guess it's the tabletop rpg player in me that worries about supplements bloating skill lists. :)

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    @SelinaKyles - I also want it to be a separate skill. If my fitness buff sims are able to get on a horse for the first time in their little sim life and ride perfectly I'll be aggravated lol. I hate how much is always lumped into fitness skill. Honestly, even swimming I wish was a seperate skill. I have great fitness when it comes to running/lifting but I'm not a fantastic swimmer. My mom could swim all day but can't work out on land to save her lol

@luciusstorm haha the riding instructor is right to take issue. We went on a 20mile trail ride once and the next day every muscle in my body hurt. To say I wasn't using some sort of fitness and the horse did all the work is definitely wrong lol.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    I’m hoping horse riding is a separate skill from fitness, so that more abilities with the horse are unlocked as it levels. Such as jumping over the beams with more skill. Feels like it would be laziness if it falls under fitness, the horse would be doing more work than the sim

I definitely know plenty of folks who’d argue against that. 😉 it ain’t as easy as just sitting there (well maybe in a nose-to-tail dude string)

That being said I do agree that riding should be a skill and if possible, fitness of the sim ought to count. Both the horse and the sim ought to be gaining the skill to progress (say for jumping in starting trot poles and then on to cavalleti and low cross rails before you get to verticals and oxers).

I do think that a sim could gain fitness from riding separately from riding skill. There’s a lot to be said for how many calories you burn when riding (properly riding, I mean, as more experienced riders that develop an independent seat can become pretty fit — gotta cross train some, but for a lot of folks, riding is recreational exercise).

I’m not sure if the game mechanics can handle all that though. 🤔