The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Roadmap Revealed! Horses!! 🐴

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    What a shame the EA app has me so nervous about buying dlc. I'd love to get excited about this, but I'll need a confirmation that the EA app will give me my purchase when I buy it before spending any more money.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,071 Member
    Horses and goats and sheep. Oh my!

I'm super stoked for this pack, it's right up my alley! :smiley:

- Country living on a ranch/farm
    - Rustic country western-style BB and CAS
    - A new world influenced by the Arizona area (hopefully some Navajo influences too?)
    - Growing crops to feed the animals
    - Horseback riding, training, jumping, competitions/prizes
    - Collecting horse poop for fertilizer
    - Nectar making and selling homemade goods
    - Building barns with stables inside
    - Saloon-style western bar
    - New dance hall venue (barn dances!) and new dancing style (the dosey doe/square dance or line dancing maybe?)
    - I'm betting we get a new country and western radio station
    - New Equestrian park venue (might be tied to the world though?)
    - Cookout/BBQ parties
    - Maybe the new world has a horseback riding trail through a national park area?

Things I've spotted in the pics thus far:

- paintable ceilings!!
    - sims drinking straight from the nectar bottle
    - a travel horse trailer (is it just decor or can we travel with it?), possible cars/trucks coming in another pack to haul the trailer?
    - rustic saloon-style upright piano
    - new hay floor (or maybe it's a rug or goat/sheep stable section?)
    - upright hay and water troughs for animals
    - large horse statue and small horse trophies
    - saloon-style bar, stools, and bar back
    - leather sofa and chair
    - antique looking radio (the old arched wood tabletop style) - I spotted it because I have the exact same antique radio in my home
    - cowprint dining chairs and coffee table
    - horseshoe shaped topiary
    - barrel-style planter bush/flower
    - barn doors (but no swinging saloon doors)
    - horse hitching post
    - a few new fence styles
    - different breeds of horses to choose from
    - (mini) sheep shearing for wool (maybe the mini goats give milk?)
    - new braided hair styles
    - horse riding cap, cowboy hat, farmer's worn/faded cap
    - new outdoor firepit with log seating

Will there be a new horse trainer career, aspirations, traits?

This pack is going to blend great with Strangerville and Cottage Living.... Rustic farmhouse chic meets cottagecore? I'm here for it! :smiley:

**doing the Happy (Square) Dance**

JY9T69m.gif

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,088 Member
    I'm more excited about the new world but I'm happy for the simmers who have been begging for horses for years. We should be getting a rural world so that will be a nice change of pace from nothing but cities. I haven't seen the kits yet, but given the theme of the EP I'm assuming some cowboy/cowgirl/country items.

There is one thing about this announcement though that has me really excited. This is two EPs this year that have added things we've been begging for, for years. Last year we got expanded gameplay for teens and we got werewolves. This gives me renewed hope that 2024 will finally see bands, and for those that are truly dying for them, cars.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I hope the new world is as open as Moonwoodmill, where you can basically go from one side to the other without loading screens, that would be good for a long horse ride ;)
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Couldn't make Batcow or my brother's girlfriend's rabbit, but you can guarantee I'm making Comet the Superhorse!
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I don't care about horses, but tiny goats and sheep!! Also, necter making will be good if they don't mess it up. I am going to assume there will be unicorns and centaurs too.
  • Options
    MiddayMidday Posts: 32 Member
    I'm super excited about the world! It looks kind of desert-y. I wasn't super excited about the horses initially but now I know I'm going to buy this
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I'm curious about the Sim in the roadmap image. Will she be one of the premade Sims that ships with Horse Ranch, or will she be something that Maxis eventually uploads to their gallery account?
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I really hope the new animals can be used in other worlds because I would love to add them to my legacy’s farm in Henford on Bagley.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,430 Member

- snip -

"Sims 4 Horse Ranch Key Features

Rockin’ Rancher Digital Content β€” Treat your Sim to some relaxation after a hard day’s work with a resonator guitar, **."

RESONATOR GUITAR??!!!

*faints*

Please PLEASE team horse ranch you'd better make it sound like one DANGNABBIT!😭

It's reasonable to ask, "Why make one if it doesn't sound like one?" But I am totally with you on this. I hope it actually sounds like one.
  • Options
    MiddayMidday Posts: 32 Member
    Honestly, paintable ceilings is THE most exciting thing about this pack and I hope it's not just for the promotional image.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,088 Member
    I don't care about horses, but tiny goats and sheep!! Also, necter making will be good if they don't mess it up. I am going to assume there will be unicorns and centaurs too.

I've been busy and haven't had time to sit down and dig into the details so I had no idea nectar making was coming with this! Oh hallelujah! In one of my stories I have a main character whose family has run a successful vineyard in Tartosa for generations. This is tailor made for that story. It would probably be too much to ask for the world to not have a strong American desert look. When I think about the nectar making and my story I see mental images of the vineyards of Italy. I know the world won't look like that but dare to dream that it won't look too much like the Southwestern US. Gentle hills and a semi-arid look to the landscape would do just fine.

I'm getting way ahead of myself, but nectar making is a dream come true!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,430 Member

Baby goats! I am here for the baby goats. I wish they would have pajamas. Yeah, I'd buy a kit full of nothing but baby goat pajamas for my little baby goats.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    I didn't *need* a horse pack for Sims 4, but I will very, very, very, very happily buy one.

This is more my speed than Cottage Living... and I loved cottage living, but horses and goats are more the sorts of animals I've actually shown at country fairs. (okay, and I had an award winning rabbit, but we didn't get rabbits as pets.)
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Aaaw the goats and lambs <3
    I hope there is a black goat, would love that for my witch.
    Oh and horses are cool too :D
    I agree tho, Unicorns please!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 331 Member
    There better be unicorns or else I refuse to accept a horse pack! #UnicornsForSpellCasters

Bonus points if they fart rainbows which you can catch in a jar!
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I want unicorns and centaurs. There should be a supernatural in every pack from now on.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,487 Member
    The first info on the EP looks interesting but horses aren't really my thing. I am more interested in the world, nectar making and small animals than the horses themselves.
    Two kits are just ... tiresome. How many more kits can the sims handle. Sure some of them are nice but I would prefer actual content over just new looks in kits.
    And no mention of an update? The update in the last road map was a let down and not even an actual update, just a SDX. And now no update? I hoped the paintable ceilings that are shown in a screenshot of the new EP would be a base game update.

The roadmap doesn't make me overly excited but at least we know what to expect.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,089 Member
    edited June 2023
    I think the ram in Growing Together
    was a hint

hint that i need more RAM for the next ep welp I might have to give up on the bonus items to get my computer running first before adding this

(though that is one movie picture, the goat, I wonder if rest of it is hints too)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,415 Member
    Ooooooooooh! I can hardly breathe. I have wanted horses since day one! So excited.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,211 Member
    Not to pee on anyone's parade, but could someone explain nectar making to me? Everyone seems excited about it, and maybe I would be, too, if we didn't already have bars, juice fizzing, herbalism, science and alchemy. What's so special about nectar making that sets it apart from other skills/ways to make beverages in the game?

Other things I'm wondering:
    - What's the world's name, and how big is it going to be?
    - Are there unicorns? And if not, can we at least get a horn accessory in CAS to play pretend?
    - Can kids ride horses? Someone in this thread said they could, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that yet.
    - Will the mini sheep and goats ever grow up, and if not, do they still age and die? I'm curious about the in-game explanation.
    - Will there be cross-pack compatibility with Cottage Living? I see we'll be sheering sheep, but can we also feed farm animal treats to horses?

I'm not going to ask if horses will be playable in other worlds, because that seems pretty obvious to me. Hopefully the trailer tomorrow will answer some of our questions.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,089 Member
    edited June 2023
    @GrumpyGlowfish
    there was kid riding a horse in steam leaked screenshot

as for nectar I never really asked for it but I like seeing my sim with the fancy glass every now and then and being able to make their own drinks is cool even if i never drink the stuff irl

also it just seems like something fun to do in Tartosa when theres really not much else to do than get married there

really hoping we get cross pack stuff like plasma nectar though in a fancy glass so they can sip some plasma while socializing without turning to guests for food

those bags are always so sus looking that it would feel weird to sip them mid fancy event
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,211 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish
    there was kid riding a horse in steam leaked screenshot
    Aaaargh! How did I miss that?? I actually saw a sim riding a horse in the screenshot, but didn't even bother really looking at them. That's so cool! One question already answered then. :)
    really hoping we get cross pack stuff like plasma nectar though in a fancy glass so they can sip some plasma while socializing without turning to guests for food

those bags are always so sus looking that it would feel weird to sip them mid fancy event
    I use fizzy plasma juice for that. Those bottles may not be the fanciest, but definitely prettier than plasma bags. Unfortunately, I had to install a mod so that plasma juice actually fills a vampire's thirst need, because it didn't before. I hope that will be taken into consideration when it comes to plasma nectar.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2023
    @GrumpyGlowfish

There is a breed of goats and sheep that are miniature, they're in farms around where I live and in Washington state as well. The miniature sheep around my area have black wool.

https://faunafacts.com/sheep/smallest-sheep-breeds/

https://pets.webmd.com/what-to-know-miniature-goats
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 331 Member
    I'll be honest, I'm not a horsey person. All power to those who've been hanging out for some equine chums since day 1 though.
    However, if this pack shows some kind of horse care / breeder / jockey career, along with the actual horses themselves, then that's a good thing. Good because it might serve as proof of concept for a future car pack:
    If you sort of squint at it, and swap the organic bits for machines, you could see how cars would work vs horses:
    A separate area for the key feature of the pack (garage / stable)
    A career (mechanic / horse breeder)
    A method of transportation (driving your car/ horse riding)
    Customisation options aplenty.

Hopefully this leads to cars, I guess time will tell.