Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    mulberrysimsmulberrysims Posts: 34 Member
    I like that kids can ride horses, the Western theme, the possibility of nectar making, and the look of the world. The baby animals are a bonus too.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    New animals is a nice surprise. I don't have strangerville so I'm looking forward to a new desert world.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    BEYOND excited! I've been waiting for this for years. I loved the horses in S3 and am so thrilled they will be back. :heart: Happy they will be a family member...though that means I need to rethink my family situation as with two cats, four children (two are adopted occult) etc I'm at max. May end up having her twin sister have the two adopted occults instead to make room for at least a horse and foal. Not sure yet :mrgreen:

I do have a llama and cow and chickens on the lot, will definitely need a larger one to fit the horses, goats, sheep etc! Cannot wait!!!!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,916 Member
    Official Description and Key Features

Work hard and play hard with animal friends and your own stretch of land in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch Expansion Pack. Raise, train, and form special bonds with majestic horses that are customizable members of your family. You can also care for mini sheep and mini goats, or make a living selling homemade Nectar. Carve out your own unique life on the ranch. Purchase through August 31 to get bonus items** for your hard-working Sims to enjoy.

Sims 4 Horse Ranch Key Features

Rockin’ Rancher Digital Content — Treat your Sim to some relaxation after a hard day’s work with a resonator guitar, wagon wheel art, and rustic rocking chair available when you order through August 31**.

Make a Life — Get up early in the morning, look out at the big open countryside, and know that all your work is worth it. Spend your days keeping your animals happy and clean, harvesting Prairie Grass to feed them, collecting Horse Manure to fertilize your plants, and making your own Nectar to sell. Do it all on a ranch you design, whether that means a traditional cabin or a big red barn.

Bond with Animals — Fill your ranch with animal friends and carve out a life together. Your horses — including adorable foals — are part of your household and have lots of special interactions with both Sims and other horses. You can also care for mini goats and mini sheep, and invite neighbors to come see how cute they are.

Join a Thriving Community — Living on a ranch has its moments of peace and solitude, but there’s also a lively social scene. Your Sims can go into town to meet friends at the bar, blow off steam at the dance hall, or train at the equestrian park. They can also host events like cookouts and dances on their own property, and hire a ranch hand to help when the work builds up.

Raise Horses — Horses are part of the family. Customize hoofed friends in Create a Sim, or get new horses by rescuing or purchasing them. Foals can also be born on your ranch. Sims can learn the Riding skill, and horses can train in the Agility and Jumping skills. Skilled horses and riders can even win awards at the equestrian center.

https://simscommunity.info/2023/06/20/the-sims-4-horse-ranch-official-leak/
  • Options
    sorokonozhkasorokonozhka Posts: 20 Member
    BABY CHAPS!!!!! HORSE CLOTHES!!! BARREL RACING!! I just got all my complaints out in the negative thoughts thread but I'm mainly excited for this pack. Part of what I look for in an expansion is how much I'm gonna use the gameplay. So my sims rarely go on vacation, rarely do occult stuff and rarely go to public lots like pools, gyms, bars etc. My sims mainly stay at home and work at their hobbies and play with their pets and families etc. This pack is right up the alley of all homebody simmers (such as me).
    I am building a 64x64 farm right now (day 5 in the process) and the screencaps with build items are a huuuuge help. I am going to also have to make room for goats and sheep somehow without changing my extensive landscaping. I also have to make room for a horse. Just one because we don't want to get into an animal hoarder situation with the new animals plus the cottage living and pets animals.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Honestly, for me horses trump cars hands down! I love horeback riding irl and would live to have it in game! So this looks like a good trade off for still not having cars.

Of that is once they fix some of the many bugs we're dealing with.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    My positive thought: SHEEP.

SHEEP.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    Have to admit, as I’m starting ranch chores (the first of which is mucking the paddock) I’m getting a good chuckle about “collecting horse manure for fertilizer” because that’s pretty much what I’m doing IRL and now my sims are gonna do it too.

Makes me wonder if there’s gonna be messy horses like my mare was that go anywhere they want all over the stall/paddock and neat horses that go in one spot (like my gelding, which is conveniently by the back gate closest to the manure pile)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    BEYOND excited! I've been waiting for this for years. I loved the horses in S3 and am so thrilled they will be back. :heart: Happy they will be a family member...though that means I need to rethink my family situation as with two cats, four children (two are adopted occult) etc I'm at max. May end up having her twin sister have the two adopted occults instead to make room for at least a horse and foal. Not sure yet :mrgreen:

I do have a llama and cow and chickens on the lot, will definitely need a larger one to fit the horses, goats, sheep etc! Cannot wait!!!!

I simply love how you list the two cats before the children :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Looking forward to seeing the trailer on Thursday! Honestly, I love all the exciting build up before a pack as much as actually getting a new pack.

I'm so happy that all of you who wanted horses are getting them. I'm also happy to see a child on horseback! It looks like the Sims team is listening to us.

The world looks more northern Arizona to me than the southern desert area. I'm a little disappointed that there are no cacti 🌵, but eager to learn more about the world.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    edited June 2023
    I just feel excited! I had to create a few advertising boards for my game, to subtly remind me of the upcoming pack, wherever I take my sims. This is from The Showbiz Academy in my Del Sol Valley.

20230621a.jpg

More pics on my blog, including a diploma, that I just had to make as I'm warming up to lots of planning. And well, a horse diploma will come in handy, I'm sure :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited June 2023
    I’m not really thrilled with the western theme.

But I’m loving everything else I’ve seen. So excited for the horses and other animals. Finally, nectar making. I’m always here for new events and lot types. Also excited to have a ranch hand. I’m thinking of all the ways I’m going to incorporate this with cottage living.

I am really surprise nothing on unicorns so far.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,916 Member
    edited July 2023
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited June 2023
    For me this just extends my family play, farm play extends into ranch play. I am super excited about the whole pack and the trailer has not even been shown. This has been an exciting year for Sims 4. I can now have tiles or wood on the ceilings oh, wow. Nectar making yes, drinking out of bottles, the lambs and goats. Yup, I am buying this pack early, bugs and all.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The easy positives so far is the clothing I love the western wear it's like nothing we have in the game the distressed/fadded jeans are so nice the color swatches at least seen so far are so natural. The beard is also nice its great seeing them finally add in unique and high quality beards that don't look like blobs of playdoh. Adding any new dance is great but it's so nice to see some American cultural content nice way to be able to make the new world feel unique.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I just heard the news five minutes ago. Since then, I’ve said, “Oh, wow!” out loud approximately 55,984 times.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,131 Member
    I'm so excited. FINALLY, there's going to be an Olden Days Western Pack. Also, the new world so reminds me of Appaloosa Plains in Sims 3. This pack will so go way perfectly with my Get Together, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Cats & Dogs and even Strangerville packs. <3B):p;)
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited June 2023
    Stupid question....Has this been confirmed by EA? If this is official, I think it's awesome and I'm very excited about this.
  • Options
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    Stupid question....Has this been confirmed by EA? If this is official, I think it's awesome and I'm very excited about this.

Apparently there was a full leak via the Steam page (which seems to have been taken down). There’s a link to the tweet from the Sims Community which has all the information on the first page of this thread.

• Options
    I’m hoping that there’s a horse forum community (kind of like Equus-Sims) for all kinds of CC and nifty horse breeding stuff. I’ll definitely have my horse farm like I had in up in Sims 3, but make it Haflingers. 😁
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,924 Member
    I'm on the fence about this one o:)
    sorry everyone

On the one hand, I already have 2 farming packs (Cottage Living is one, and Eco Lifestyle and Seasons basically count for 1/2 a farming pack each.) I don't need another one. I'm happy for those who have wanted horses forever, but horses are not a big deal to me.

On the other hand... nectar making and line dancing make me happy.
    But $40 happy?

And of course standard procedure about definitely not buying it before I see the bug reports start to come out...

Anyhow, this is going in the positive thread because it does look cool and fun and I hope all the people who want horses get what they have been hoping for!

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm most excited for nectar making! I will build a French nectar farm with grapes & goats in Tartosa and then open a wine shop.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    The first screenshots look interesting.
    - I noticed the kid riding the horse so it is nice that it's not only adults. But horses in general are a nice thing to have, not something I absolutely need. So this might be a 'wait for the sale' pack but I like what I have seen too much to skip it. (based on the limited info we do have)
    - The baby sheep and goats are cute but I wonder if they ever grow up? I hope we get wool from the sheep that can be used like llama wool to knit clothing?
    - Nectar making sounds interesting. I am curious how this will differ from juice fizzing because that was also making drinks. (I never played with nectar making in sims 3). I hope it works off grid too. I can already see my sims earn money with making and selling Nectar
    - Another upright piano. First they make us wait for 9 years and then we get an upright piano two packs in a row? not complaing though, it is good upright pianos aren't exclusive to only the growing together EP.
    - Paintable ceilings are so needed. I really hope this is a base game update.

Note: this is not my full opinion. I will now head over to the negative thread as well.
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    The pack looks cool if it is to be released. It looks like there will be horse jumping so maybe there will be barrel racing. It would be nice to see calf roping and bull riding too. Especially if they tie in the fair from Henford Bagley and make it a real county fair. Maybe they will throw in quilts like from Sims 2 and being able to actually show an animal at the fair. Because fairs aren't just about the best canned goods, pies and talking to other sims. It's about watching the trained animals put through their paces, learning new agricultural techniques, seeing critters from other parts of the world, pig races, three legged races, eating contests, barrel racing, trick riding, bull riding and showing how that lama or horse can rear up on its back legs. Its watching the kids lead those animals they've worked with for so long out in the ring and show off their talents.
    The very first fair I ever saw was the Montana State Fair and my sister showed her horse. She placed but I don't remember whether it was 1st or 2nd. My folks had pictures taken which she covets to this day. He was a stubborn but beautiful horse and he would do anything for my sister.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2023
    Though I think it's quite ludicrous to split farm animals into two packs, I think in this case it's kinda smart. When Cottage Living was leaked, people were split between wanting a country ranch or cottage core/non-American approach. This way, we can have both :) I want more rural worlds in general, but this specific theme makes me feel nostalgic and happy. If the world has a good amount of lots, I'll probably play there a lot since I've tried renovating Oasis Springs to a country theme but failed, and Strangerville is beautiful but the infected are off-putting for normal gameplay. I enjoy desert worlds a lot since they're so visually different from all the green worlds, and having more of them will allow me to appreciate each one as unique instead of trying to turn it into something else. I'll probably also play with cows more in this world since I haven't played in Henford-on-Bagley much so far, and there aren't always space for them in the suburbs.

I really hope that we'll get something new to do with wool and milk, such as sewing and soap-making (goat milk soap!). If not, I'd feel cheated for paying for the same feature twice.
    I am very excited for nectar making, which I hope will be customizable and have depth. I also hope we'll get corn and wheat, which can be distilled into bourbon/whiskey, and that we can make brandy or "fruit nectar" with fruits.

Tbh, I don't care about horses (barely touched them in TS3), except for their use in historic saves for transport and aesthetics. I doubt we're getting jousting lol. The equestrian center looks like a rabbithole, and I think that makes sense since all the animations required for races and competitions would easily take up the entire pack budget. I hope we can at least see the training on obstacle course objects etc. And I hope that the center can host charity events. I'd love to make a snobby equestrian fundraiser club that I can infiltrate and corrupt.

Overall, I'm curious to learn more.
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on