Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you turn on aging?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I don't enable aging
    Oh wow. I always assumes we aging-off players were a much smaller minority.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 332 Member
    I don't enable aging
    Oh wow. I always assumes we aging-off players were a much smaller minority.

I know!
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I enable aging for only the active household
    I came to Sims 4 straight from Sims 2 so I prefer the old way where only the active household ages and if you want them to age together you have to rotate. Rotational play is my favorite kind anyway.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    edited June 2023
    I don't enable aging
    No aging at all. Sim life/time is very compressed as it is, so have no desire to compress it even more. This holds true for all versions, not just TS4.
  • Options
    ryouma17ryouma17 Posts: 49 Member
    I don't enable aging
    i always play with aging off because i like my sims too much i like to level up all their skills and explore the world, i grow attached to my sims and i dont like losing them, i've tried creating a generation save many times but i always end up deleting it before my sims reach old age
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I don't enable aging
    I play with aging off and only age up when I want. I like to take my time with my sims and their stories.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Something else (answer in comments)
    I always play with aging off and then decide how I want to age up my sims ;) The only time I do use aging is when I play Scenario's or challenges.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I enable aging for played sims and unplayed/NPC sims
    I play on long and once I decided to age up my played families it seemed better to me to age everyone. When I played Sims 2 sims aged but I played a couple of hundred families in rotation so few ever died. In Sims 3 I was more of a start over player so few died. Now I've felt the pain of losing Sims but as I still play many games and rotate families it's still a rare thing.
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 332 Member
    I don't enable aging
    ryouma17 wrote: »
    i always play with aging off because i like my sims too much i like to level up all their skills and explore the world, i grow attached to my sims and i dont like losing them, i've tried creating a generation save many times but i always end up deleting it before my sims reach old age

I agree. I’m very attached to my sims as well. I’ve never actually let a sim die, except by accident and then I always exit without saving. There’s so much to do in the sims that it would take far longer than a sims lifespan to explore it all. I have over 200 sims in my main save, and I still haven’t done all of the different careers, activities, etc.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play on the long lifespan with the aging set for the active household only.
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    edited June 2023
    After over 10000 hours in TS4 and 20+ years playing The Sims I have only just started altering the aging. I almost always played a normal lifespan with aging on. I occasionally turned it off for NPCs. Now I just do whatever I feel like!
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I don't enable aging
    I play with aging off and age up my household when appropriate.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't enable aging
    I also temporarily give all my non-wolfies the Werewolf immortality power & then remove the Werewolf trait, so they don’t die.
    FYI: This can be done as a vanilla player, it just requires the Werewolves Pack.😉
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    I don't enable aging
    I play with aging off, but unlike others, I did assume that playing with aging off was very common.

I am constantly starting over. At some point, I figure that I will turn aging on just long enough to let everyone age up together. First I will have to stick with a save long enough to make that necessary.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't enable aging
    No sim has ever died in my game. I do age them up manually at times.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 222 Member
    I enable aging for played sims and unplayed/NPC sims
    Long lifespan and aging are how I play most, but even if I am playing aging off, I still have a cycle of so many seasonal rotations before an age up, etc. I do have birthdays' set for my Sims each "year" that I celebrate without aging up.
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    It depends on the save. If I'm rotating, aging for active on and NPC on/off every round of rotation. If I'm playing one household, aging on for everyone. I rarely turn aging off because I forget to age my sims up. That causes me to get bored, and abandon a save.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    bubbletozbubbletoz Posts: 16 Member
    Active household only, but…IDK.
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    I play with aging for the active household and I turn it off when I need more time to do stuff.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    I don't enable aging
    Aging is always off. Like several others on this thread I age kids up when the story calls for it, but grown ups never age past adult. The only elders in my saves are the ones that were elders when the save started and even some of them get aged down to adult or young adult.

I did once age a young adult sim into an elder but that was part of a storyline where she wasn't aware that the one of her celebuserums was tainted. She was an actress but she decided to make the best of the situation while the Celebuserum people worked on an antidote. She wound up landing the role of a grandmother on a tv show. It was only supposed to be two or three episodes and then done, but the character was such a hit that she became the focus of the show and a global superstar. So when the Celebuserum people found the antidote after season three she told them to save it for the next sim who had the same reaction. I accidentally deleted that save a couple of years ago otherwise she'd still be playing that grandmother character on her tv show.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I don't enable aging
    i play with aging fully turn off and do not let any of my sims age
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I don't enable aging
    They only age if I stick them in front of a cake.
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    I don't enable aging
    I'm surprised at the results. Posts I've read previously made me think that most people played with aging on and I was the odd duck. I have a habit of going into houses I don't play and aging the kids manually if I want my sims kids friends to age with them. But I play aging off then age the kids up so they can move out of the house and make way for either additional children to be born or new sims to be added for various reasons. Uncle lost his job and wound up on our doorstep or brother was down on his luck & moved in. I've even moved Grandma in for a reliable nanny.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    In my current big save I will play with ageing on if I have pets in the home. Sounds mean that I don't get attached to the pets, but I love them having lots of cute pets.
    But also I will keep it off if the sims themselves are not at a point where I am happy for them to age. I will age them up manually when ready. Elders tend to move into a 'retirement home' to live with their friends. :) (Ageing on so they will die when it is time.)
    Every so often I will turn the ageing for unplayed/NPCs on to keep in line with mine too. :)

On a 'regular save' I will leave all ageing on for everyone.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2023
    I don't enable aging
    I play with aging off & age my sims up whenever I’m ready. I used to cheat my sims’ old age deaths, but ever ever since they got rid of the option to cheat either their deaths that way or the pets (I can’t remember), I just now move them out of the house when they’re old to act like that they’ve passed on, lol. I keep all of the NPCs & townies the same age, as well.