Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they remove alien abduction pregnancy?

Comments

• Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    @PenguinFoop If you have info to pass on, please add it to the bug report at AHQ as it is guaranteed to be read by the gurus there. They don't respond to everything but they periodically assure us that they read it all.

Just that it appears to have happened after a patch. Which patch, I don't know. When, I don't know. In order for me to pass anything on of relevance, it would mean linking this thread. Because all of the data I know is in here.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I have skimmed the replies here so apologies if this comment is redundant and/or useless. :D

I had an alien pregnancy happen after the Growing Together release but before patches. I have just recently gotten into playing again so I will let you know if I get anything else. To be fair I have had 2 male sims abducted in this save... and both got pregnant. (I do steer away from anything alien related most of the time.)

You're absolutely sure that it was after you updated to GT? If not, that's fine but if you are, that narrows it down to a patch instead of GT.

Also, is GT the name of the EP or is it the name of the infants update? They both dropped simultaneously so I get confused about what is which.

I am more sure than not that it was after Growing Together/infant update. I keep flashcards for the sims in this save I know the order they should age up. I know the last baby I had before the update/pack and he is about 3 after that.

But like mightysprite has said, it could have been the update before the pack. I couldn't say for certain if it came between the two or not. Sorry.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @PenguinFoop I have some free time today, so will give this a test for you. What I will do is make a male sim in CAS, but just for some luck I will tick the can get pregnant and the can produce milk. Then I will make him a scientist and contact aliens every possible chance he has. If we do have success that way, then I will make antoher Male sim in CAS but leavet the pregnant and milk option unticked and see what happens. I just finished my last scenario so it would be fun to have a gameplay to have to do.
    0tMz9gI.png
    Loading my game now :)

• Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @PenguinFoop I have some free time today, so will give this a test for you. What I will do is make a male sim in CAS, but just for some luck I will tick the can get pregnant and the can produce milk. Then I will make him a scientist and contact aliens every possible chance he has. If we do have success that way, then I will make antoher Male sim in CAS but leavet the pregnant and milk option unticked and see what happens. I just finished my last scenario so it would be fun to have a gameplay to have to do.
    0tMz9gI.png
    Loading my game now :)

Remember, only male sims can get pregnant from abduction so having him able to get pregnant probably won't work. Also, there is only a 25% chance of success with each abduction. That means that if by abduction 100, there is no pregnancy, then your game too is broken.

Others have already tried the same test with failed results. So I don't hold out much hope that it will succeed. It's been reported in the bug forums but there has been no response (to my knowledge) from the devs. So it has not yet been confirmed that it is a bug (again, to my knowledge. )

Good luck though, I'd love to be proven wrong on this!
  • Options
    Remember, only male sims can get pregnant from abduction so having him able to get pregnant probably won't work. Also, there is only a 25% chance of success with each abduction. That means that if by abduction 100, there is no pregnancy, then your game too is broken.

Others have already tried the same test with failed results. So I don't hold out much hope that it will succeed. It's been reported in the bug forums but there has been no response (to my knowledge) from the devs. So it has not yet been confirmed that it is a bug (again, to my knowledge. )

Good luck though, I'd love to be proven wrong on this!

Alton is working real hard on this for you, he is yet to invent the satelite, but he has pleanty of crystals and metals in his inventory to try and lure the aliens towards him. He is the first trial where I did still select able to get pregnant and produce milk (I thought perhaps a change in the allowing who to fall pregnant could have changed the outcome. Will see how he gets on, he is doing his best to get an alien nooboo in the oven for you ;)

kMxYXFh.png

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Gonna have to test this - the only time I've had an abduction, I had pregnancies - it was a twofer, both my husband and wife were abducted at the same time, and both came back pregnant. I have female alien pregnancies turned on via MCCC - so they both can get nailed lol.
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    It seems that the only time my sims have alien pregnancies now is if I have mccc mod activated. If I play with no mods, then I can get abducted easily enough but can’t get him pregnant. I replayed the countdown after abduction for many RL hours with no pregnancy. Also tried replaying an abduction and countdown as well - no pregnancy after many tries. So for now I am back using mccc.
  • Options
    Testing so far.
    First abduction, no pregnancy and had the moodlet to say it was fun
    0iTNeEy.png

Second abduction just happened and had the moodlet to say it was fun
    N2CNSwA.png

I am wondering when the moodlet comes to say it was probing and not fun, perhaps that is when the sim will be pregnant. Alton has the satellite at home now, so he contacts the aliens now. They do also appear in hoards just walking into his house as well, but when that happens he locks himself away from them to make sure nothing happens while they are at his house ;)
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    In the past, my sims have gotten pregnant fairly easily, regardless of the moodlet. I’ve even had them pregnant when angry or dazed.
  • Options
    My test subject is just killing time til evening lol
  • Options
    My test subject is just killing time til evening lol

LOL, mine is being a scaredy cat at home while I am waiting for another abduction :D
    0m84FCH.png
  • Options
    Alton got a whole lot of visitors, but then he also got abducted. No pregnancy and the same aliens are awesome moodlet.

n8HoS0K.png

lMyXW44.png
  • Options
    That is me for today, hopefully tomorrow I will get more abductions. Happy simming all <3
  • Options
    So I got my guy abducted, and rerolled the abduction 50 times - no pregnancy. Had to stop cause it was getting stupid. He did have a fear of the dark 8/10 times though lol.
  • Options
    So I got my guy abducted, and rerolled the abduction 50 times - no pregnancy. Had to stop cause it was getting stupid. He did have a fear of the dark 8/10 times though lol.
    @WildIrishBanshee So did you save the game as he got abducted then exit without saving a few times after the abduction ? Did you get different moodlets? If we can test it that way, then I might try it instead of just waiting and waiting for it to occure every night ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the testing. I think it's fair to say that there is no longer pregnancy from abduction. So the question remains; did they remove alien abduction pregnancies or is it broken?
  • Options
    IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    I was unable to make a sim alien pregnant too some months ago, and it was after both patching and installing growing together. What I usually do is saving my game as the guy is being abducted and if he's not pregnant I'll restart the save.

This has always worked before, I made one of the Heckings pregnant that way after around the second abduction a couple of years ago. Then last summer in a different save Erwin Pries got pregnant after the fifth try. But when I wanted to make Erwin's human son pregnant after update/pack it didn't work.

I made a post about it at the time because I thought the reason could be that he had the loyal trait, as he got a confident moodlet about being loyal to his close ones each time he was abducted. I cheated to remove the trait but it didn't work anyway. The reason I thought it could be the trait was because people had talked about the male sims having to consent to the alien to become pregnant, so I thought the loyal trait made him not want to consent. In the end I had to download the mccc mod just to make pregnancy 100% and that worked. Removed the mod afterwards as I don't like to play with it.

On another note it also seems like listening to music pop/alternative no longer influences baby gender. The only way to do that now in my game is to eat strawberries/carrots.

There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Options
    IObelle wrote: »
    I was unable to make a sim alien pregnant too some months ago, and it was after both patching and installing growing together. What I usually do is saving my game as the guy is being abducted and if he's not pregnant I'll restart the save.

This has always worked before, I made one of the Heckings pregnant that way after around the second abduction a couple of years ago. Then last summer in a different save Erwin Pries got pregnant after the fifth try. But when I wanted to make Erwin's human son pregnant after update/pack it didn't work.

I made a post about it at the time because I thought the reason could be that he had the loyal trait, as he got a confident moodlet about being loyal to his close ones each time he was abducted. I cheated to remove the trait but it didn't work anyway. The reason I thought it could be the trait was because people had talked about the male sims having to consent to the alien to become pregnant, so I thought the loyal trait made him not want to consent. In the end I had to download the mccc mod just to make pregnancy 100% and that worked. Removed the mod afterwards as I don't like to play with it.

On another note it also seems like listening to music pop/alternative no longer influences baby gender. The only way to do that now in my game is to eat strawberries/carrots.

Yeah, pregnant from abduction was a common theme in all of my sims families which is why it's such a big deal to me personally. I've never played a family that didn't have at least one alien child from abduction. But it's definitely not working. I am still sure it is a bug but the lack of response from devs worries me that since men can now get pregnant in the game, they removed pregnant from abduction.

I'm wondering how much longer this game will appeal to me. A lot of the recent changes have forced me to ask the question "do I still love The Sims 4?" God, I hope so... one thing is for certain, I'll not buy another pack (including infants) until they get some of these long-term bugs fixed. And figure out how to add a pack without breaking the others.

I don't hate TS4, but I am definitely losing my love for it.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2023
    It's definitely a bug, I got a last exception every time my male sim should get pregnant. I already consulted to bienchen who said it's a script error. (My game is up to date)
  • Options
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    It's definitely a bug, I got a last exception every time my male should get pregnant. I already consulted to bienchen who said it's a script error.

Okay great! No squash it! Lol

Seriously, thanks for the info. I'm not sure who bienchen is but if they are a dev and know it's a script error, then why hasn't the script been corrected?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
  • Options
    @WildIrishBanshee So did you save the game as he got abducted then exit without saving a few times after the abduction ? Did you get different moodlets? If we can test it that way, then I might try it instead of just waiting and waiting for it to occure every night ;)

I saved as he was investigating lights - and didn't pay too much attention to his moodlets, other than looking for the pregnant one. But he did get the fear of the dark moodlet on a lot of them, but not all. There's even a tip on some sites that you can reload until pregnant - but after 50 exits without saving, my guy never got pregnant.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Hi guys :)

I played abductions until I got a last exception, I copied it below, I would guess this is the one where Alton should have become pregnant. I am now officially no longer going to try this method anymore. Instead a default male with the option to not become pregnant will move into Alton's house so he can use the satellite and Alton will move to a bigger place somewhere in the game ;)
    <?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>558aaecbd70f3be7648e5bae</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2023-06-18 13:22:08</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.98.158.1020-1.300.000.163.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>interaction_elements.py:174</categoryid><desyncid>558aaecbd70f3be7648e5bae</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (TypeError: cannot unpack non-iterable SimInfo object) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 216, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\interaction_elements.py", line 174, in _behavior_element File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\pregnancy\pregnancy_element.py", line 131, in _do_behaviorTypeError: cannot unpack non-iterable SimInfo objectrtim=0 Client Session Time: 18.28 Num Save Errors: 0 Num Load Errors: 0 Current Game State: 0x96d01090 LoadingScreenActiveFlag: 1 Origin Version: 12,208,0,5465 Modded: True SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19045 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 nvldumdx.dll 31.0.15.3203, GUID: D7B71E3E-58E1-11CF-1B7F-88280EC2D235 </desyncdata></report>
    </root>
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    Hi guys :)

I played abductions until I got a last exception, I copied it below, I would guess this is the one where Alton should have become pregnant. I am now officially no longer going to try this method anymore. Instead a default male with the option to not become pregnant will move into Alton's house so he can use the satellite and Alton will move to a bigger place somewhere in the game ;)
    <?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>558aaecbd70f3be7648e5bae</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2023-06-18 13:22:08</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.98.158.1020-1.300.000.163.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>interaction_elements.py:174</categoryid><desyncid>558aaecbd70f3be7648e5bae</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (TypeError: cannot unpack non-iterable SimInfo object) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 216, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\interaction_elements.py", line 174, in _behavior_element File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\pregnancy\pregnancy_element.py", line 131, in _do_behaviorTypeError: cannot unpack non-iterable SimInfo objectrtim=0 Client Session Time: 18.28 Num Save Errors: 0 Num Load Errors: 0 Current Game State: 0x96d01090 LoadingScreenActiveFlag: 1 Origin Version: 12,208,0,5465 Modded: True SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19045 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 nvldumdx.dll 31.0.15.3203, GUID: D7B71E3E-58E1-11CF-1B7F-88280EC2D235 </desyncdata></report>
    </root>

I'm gonna link this thread in the bug thread. That exception might help! Great work! Thanks to everyone, maybe they'll get it fixed!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top