Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next skill?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member

Next skill? 36 votes

Sewing
11%
Flikka_FlikkaArarineHavenRoseItsGamerRach 4 votes
Pottery
19%
crocobauraDarrellRBeebeAgentJuliaSERVERFRAPerti23skipJotaerre3D 7 votes
Glassblowing
5%
The_MercuriaAzukiMochi 2 votes
Blacksmith
5%
MilutinMujovicOceancat 2 votes
Woodchopping
5%
KimmerMak27 2 votes
Billiard
13%
MichelleWlisamwittsimgirl101083bienchenEnkiSchmidt 5 votes
Bass
0%
Drums
19%
LeGardePourpreNinja-Dan22LiELFRememberJoySimChiLT24Eleri 7 votes
Another
19%
Mariefoxprice83BariSaxyChadSims2comicsforlifeGrumpyGlowfishPatriceKatofhyrule12 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 439 Member
    Sewing
    Dang--I didn't see blacksmith, or else I would've chosen that. Metallurgy and metalsmithing in general would be cool.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Another
    Auto repair and body work.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    Another
    Swordplay.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,137 Member
    Pottery
    I'm hoping for this.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Another
    Since I hope the next pack will have something to do with horses, a horse-riding skill would be in order, or maybe a bigger encompassing skill that also includes taking care of the horse.

Besides that, I would appreciate any of the activities listed in the poll (although not all of them require a separate skill in my opinion).
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    Pottery
    There should be an "all of the above" button because I'd gladly take all of these. But, that being said, I've wanted the pottery wheel from Sims 2 to return for ages now. Although honestly, adding more options under the umbrella of the "fabrication" skill from Eco Living would be a fine way to add things like pottery, toy making, jewelry making, glassblowing, metalsmithing, etc., without having to develop a separate skill for each. Or make a new skill and call it "artisanry" for something like that.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    Pottery
    There should be an "all of the above" button because I'd gladly take all of these. But, that being said, I've wanted the pottery wheel from Sims 2 to return for ages now. Although honestly, adding more options under the umbrella of the "fabrication" skill from Eco Living would be a fine way to add things like pottery, toy making, jewelry making, glassblowing, metalsmithing, etc., without having to develop a separate skill for each. Or make a new skill and call it "artisanry" for something like that.

There is the idea that artisan crafting is usually hand made so you would expect to see a craft bench not some machinery. I suppose that could be done, but I think the fabricator object is too industrial looking and it does that silly animation where it will swallow your sim and cover them in paint way too often. It also doesn't help with story telling because visually, the fabricator looks like no real object and if you want to tell a story about a pottery artist, well you are stuck with the fabricator instead of the pottery wheel. There is no personal artistic skill involved in that because it's all machine made.
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    Pottery
    Yeah, I agree. I wasn't recommending an expanded use of the machine, just the skill name and levels. I would DEFINITELY want a real pottery wheel with animations, etc., back. But you're right, a separate skill would probably be in order.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 731 Member
    Another
    Skills for Kids
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,101 Member
    Billiard
    I want sewing, pottery, and drums back too. And glassblowing would be awesome. I guess I could have picked "other". lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,300 Member
    edited June 2023
    Drums
    Drums skill but also Streetdance and Acrobat skills.

Globally like the musical instruments and sports, there also are several dance styles.

png-tr10.png

• Options
    ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    Sewing
    Sewing would be super fun as a stuff pack if those weren't gone. Otherwise I'd say pottery!
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member
    Glassblowing

Man, I meant to click pottery! I don't want glassblowing.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    Another
    I voted for Other but would still like the pottery skill.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Another
    A woodwind or brass instrument, pleaseeeee.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    Glassblowing
    Darn, unpopular opinion. xD
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Another
    riding horses
    more for sim kids and more drama please