Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @Brandontaylor Awesome!
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,777 Member
    edited June 2023
    @ddsims3world Awesome houses! I really should download them because it's always nice to have them if I need a good house.

@Nikkei_Simmer Well that stinks, but glad you are getting some play time in. Yeah, I think I've commented on something you had on the Facebook group not long ago. I don't know if you knew it was me since I was using my real name though, but maybe you did.

@texansky Great updates!

@Sprottenham Christa is also one of my favorites.
    Great updates!

@Silverofdreams30 Congratulations on the job!
    Awesome pictures, looking forward to seeing more.

@lizzielilyy Great update!

@thuggishsplicer I've yet to play in Roaring Heights. I really need to buy it soon.
    Great update!

@MantleJackal Go figure Grim would break the laptop.

@GraceyManor Great update!

@Karritz Nice pictures from the town Texansky made. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

@emorrill Thanks! Yeah, I didn't really do much editing to him, other than the color of his eyes and hair but he turned out great. That hair color is one I got online and I liked it on him.
    For Walmart, we haven't been very busy lately at all. I hardly got bothered by anyone, and was able to get a lot of work done today, stocking freight, scanning outs in my departments since it's Tuesday, made a bale, and did some price changes. A lot of the time, I seem to get called up to check but that hasn't happend at all for the past several days now.

***More comments are to come tomorrow at some point. As some of you know, I have been interested in the Titanic for several years now and have sometimes posted videos or picks from Titanic: Honor and Glory. I'd like to share their newest video of Titanic's launch that took place on May 31, 1911. This was after they had finished building the hull (the main body of the ship) and superstructure (the white parts above the yellow sheer stripe). Back then, when they built a ship, they'd build the body up and the superstructure. The ship is mostly empty at this point and is pulled by tugs to the fitting out wharf. At the fitting out wharf, the funnels, masts, boilers, propellers, interior like the Grand Staircase and all that is put in. That would have happened between June 1st 1911 and around the end of March 1912, a few weeks before setting sail and striking the iceberg. Anyway, here is the video, hope you all enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmXvzHNyphk
    iX5LeII.jpg
    One picture from the real launch, just to show how closely they recreated it, minus the fact they didn't put a crowd in the video above.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @blazerntq
    The bug you speak of is getting a call and having it cancel correct? That happens because the house is on foundations, for some reason the job glitches. You need to make sure the homes don't have foundations.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Thanks! I would love to play the firefighter career again. Do you know whish world would be the best to play the firefighter in? Like one that does not really have foundations.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Nikkei_Simmer Well that stinks, but glad you are getting some play time in. Yeah, I think I've commented on something you had on the Facebook group not long ago. I don't know if you knew it was me since I was using my real name though, but maybe you did.

Find one of my newest posts... and comment. I'll try to see if I can send an F.R.

WXPPtVF.jpg
    "C7YD3 (Clyde)...if you hook me in the...swim trunks one more time, I'm going to dismantle you."
    A2bNrgG.jpg
    Somebody got hold of a bottle of "Bottled Curse of the Lycan" - that stuff's 100-proof and will really put some "hair on your chest" :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2023
    blazerntq wrote: »
    @GraceyManor Thanks! I would love to play the firefighter career again. Do you know whish world would be the best to play the firefighter in? Like one that does not really have foundations.

I mostly play custom worlds. But riverview never gave me issues.
    But the bug seems to only effect small house fires so once you level up it should happen less
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Now I am going to start a Riverview save!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Brandontaylor thanks. I'm just getting to know it at the moment. I'll probably eventually set it up with extra venues and use it in one of my video series as a place to send extra sims.

@Silverofdreams30 * waves back *

Nice pictures of Bridgeport and the rolling cat. I rarely venture into that world. I like big lots where my sims can garden. And I'm not too keen on vampires. But it is interesting to venture there for an occasional visit.

@texansky my sim, Penny Rush, found the mine and collected two gems from it. She also established a garden.

Penny-Rush.jpg

I need a sim to do some gardening to get some produce to help me test the upgrade to Grandma's canning station and to make some new recipes I added to this Sims 3 folder. The canning station seems to work. I might add my gondola lot to the world too as it has a restaurant that has the tea tables where sims can order scones and jam. I want to see the different coloured spreads that I believe came with the canning station overhaul mod. I haven't got to that yet. I can't sit at the computer all day yet. Need to take a break and a little nap in the middle of the day. But I'm getting back to it gradually. I might be a while before my video is done. I did make a start on it yesterday though.

I didn't do a very good job of adding sims to the world. I looked at Penny's relationship panel and found she knows herself so I must have put her into the world twice. I also added the original Oscar who is a young adult. He's a teen in the story I'm doing about him. At least I left Louise out. I am sort of tempted to add her though just to see if they autonomously get together. He's flirty and so is she. The possibilities are interesting.

I found she had an extra television in her family inventory as well as one she had to repair. She returned the one she had to repair the other one is currently sitting in her yard and she occasionally stands in front of it to watch it. She's got a garden and she's made some jams and preserves so at least the new canning station mod hasn't broken it yet.

She's playing chess because she wanted a chess table and I got her an outdoor variety. I also fenced the lot so the zombies won't attack her garden if I play this game for long enough to experience the zombies.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Brandontaylor Thanks. ;)

You like your cruise ships, I see. That's a cool video, though it feels a little sad knowing how it ended.. Well, the Titanic looked pretty massive. Must have been an awe back in the day.. until it sank, that is...

----

..and of course, I got more stuff. How can I do this? Well, admittedly this is mostly just a copy/paste job at this point.. expect it to slow down considerably once I'm fully up to date...

----

Timeline: May 2022.

It's spring time in the Simbrian nation, and there's a bit of celebration and partying going on... I split some of the chapters into two parts here, as the original postings were quite big and since there were kind of two posts in one already topic wise.

Sunset Valley:

Chapter 11.3 – Part I: Spring Party Time
    Jo4a181.jpg
    Ingrid has her day off from work and goes to the Spring Festival to do some dancing and flirting that doesn't really lead anywhere. :P She develops a crush on Mikael Bastiansen (Michael Bachelor).

EkN94B3.png
    Ranveig is there too, dancing and enjoying herself until she gets anxious and goes to hide in the shade behind the playground tower.

Chapter 11.3 - May 2022 - Part II: Kristinas birthday
    RpMssVG.jpg
    Kristina Reppe celebrates her birthday, and there are now three teenagers in town. ;) The first one that aged up was Margrethe Holm-Fredriksen, the daughter of the Prison Warden and the Psyhciatrist.., and the second one was Kleopatra.

AVDS3mR.jpg
    Kleopatra and Kristina playing ping pong. Margrethe wasn't invited to the party, I guess they didn't know her well enough.

Lake Onebega:
    Chapter 2.5 – part I: Exam...
    LFR5ckG.jpg
    Inge is at university preparing for her exams (along with her boyfriend Oliver Freddy) so she misses out on her sisters birthday party, but they will have their own party later on once they are done with their exams..

Chapter 2.5 - May 2022 - Part II: Let's get this party started...
    J0DUwuK.jpg
    Of course, it ends with naked people running rampant and someone calling the police.

Sprottenham:
    Chapter 6.3 – May 2022 – The girl by the Harbour Café..
    Ps8il4s.jpg
    Things are a little more serious in the town of Sprottenham where Robert takes his son Mark with him to do some shady business with this woman at the Harbour Café.... (content warning, reference to illegal activities..)

--

No post for the town of Bewickton here, as the last one covered both April and May for them.
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    @Karritz Hi! How are you? Not too sure you would remember me. I remember you though. Awesome to see you are still playing.

@Sprottenham Cool you have so many different pictures and updates.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,204 Member
    @blazerntq

* Waves*, nice to see you,
    *thank you.

@Brandontaylor

Thank you I enjoyed the updates",
    I will have to work some weekends too but then get days off during the
    week.

@Karritz

I play with the supernatural stuff off and use Nraas so not too much of a
    problem that way.
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 *waves back* Have a good day today.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Opened up an older save last night of the Goth Family, back a few days before they moved to Moonlight Falls. I have just been messing around in it and looking at some of the Sims I didn't get to play since I stuck with my family. Currently, I am downloading some CC to give myself some more clothing options.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @Brandontaylor Cool. I have not played the Sims yet today. Been on the Switch most of the morning. Still playing the Switch but will switch myself to playing the Sims in just a bit. I think I just learned you can still buy things for the Sims 2 on Amazon so I am going to take a look into that. Just looked and the Sims 2 stuff is way to expensive for me.
  • Options
    djUjZw9.jpg
    L2FhnWx.jpg
    Hello. I am taking a break from other games to play the Sims a bit. I started playing Don Lothario as a firefighter in Riverview.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @blazerntq Hi! I do remember you and am very pleased to see you have come back. I hope you're enjoying your game. These days I mostly focus on making YouTube videos so most of my game play is for the various videos I'm working on. But I like to stay in touch and often come here to read the posts and sometimes post something myself.

@Silverofdreams30 I have supernaturals turned off too. One of my sims still got turned into a vampire while living in Moonlight Falls. There are vampires living there and I suspect it must be possible for them to turn other sims even when the supernaturals are turned off. Turning them off just seems to stop the game from turning sims into supernaturals.
    I use NRAAS mods now too, but not when we first got Bridgeport.
  • Options
    Thinking of starting something new to play alongside the Goth Family save. I’m thinking I’m going to use a custom world or something and build an actual legacy and fill the world with some Sims I’ve made, Sims @CravenLestat has given me, and maybe other stuff I haven’t figured out yet. No idea exactly what I want the end result to be though, just got inspired by a video I was watching. I guess we will see how it goes, lol. Soon as I have enough details to get started, I’ll make some kind of post.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor Sounds cool. Does CravenLestat still jump on the thread?
  • Options
    @blazerntq I don’t believe he does, or at least he hasn’t posted since March 2022. He did post on his YouTube channel 5 months ago. He either quit playing Sims, or something happened to him. (God, I hope not, he was an awesome member of our community)
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

The Sound of Silence - Chapter 46 has been published to The Legacy Report.

lucy_home.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Working on adding lots to a base game custom world called Glenvale County. Luckily, it already had the community lots I needed, just have to add the non base game ones I want. Got to get some houses too, only one in the town. Then I gotta dig around for some older Sims I made, download some, take some from EA towns, or create some. Giving backstories for them all as well.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,204 Member
    Great updates, I'm in my random save playing the firefighter career, it works okay
    just that the co-workers are not that good. Happy simming !
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor I was trying to see because he was a friend of mine on the forums. He was awesome and made the forums a better place.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,146 Member
    @blazerntq Thanks, I'm glad you think it's cool. ;)

@texansky Your latest post makes me think about music. :P

----

Here comes the next batch of stuff.

Sunset Valley:

Chapter 12.1 - June 2022 part I - Ingrid goes to the gym..
    hKx5XT0.jpg

It's just a short update about Ingrid going to the gym, not much else. ;)

Lake Onebega:

Chapter 2.6 - June 2022 - Exam results and going home again..
    Zx6H3Lx.jpg
    Over at the university town, Oliver Freddy and Inge wake up to anxiously check their exam results.. before it's time to say goodbye and go back home for summer.. they do absolutely nothing in between!

Sprottenham:
    Chapter 7.1 - June 2022 - Travel, new boss and a birthday
    bC7rm89.jpg

Someone travels to somewhere again for some reason, someone gets a new boss, and someone ages up... :P

Bewickton:
    Chapter 5.1 - June 2022 – Palash and Sofias wedding, part I: Preparations.

K3F2u3d.jpg
    Someone is preparing to get married...

aMCGtXR.jpg
    Palash adopted a puppy called Yumi.

WqX4N4h.jpg
    Sofia begins to think about the question of having babies..

6EXZ2PS.jpg

Someone arrives at a hotel at the outskirts of town, and one of them begins to suspect the hotel might be haunted, but it probably isn't. I've never heard about a haunted hotel.. have you?
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    @Sprottenham Thanks for the update. It's cool to be cleaning just to take a break and have something fun to look at.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top