Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@Brandontaylor
    Glenvale County is one of my favorite @Rflong7 / @Rflong13 worlds. My Forsythe Legacy Challenge finished there after I had an issue with the Sunset Valley save after about 4 generations or so.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited June 2023
    The adventures of Tox continue...

SkMThSz.jpg

zec6dSE.jpg

q5b3FOY.jpg

5lF0xRh.jpg
    Post edited by Cororon on
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Nice updates everyone. :smile:
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @emorrill Thanks a bunch for the comment!
    I adored that Titanic reference, but would you believe that the car stopped working? I had to delete it and now I'm a bit lazy to start fixing it all over again.

@Silverofdreams30 If I don't pop in it's probably because I'm not playing the game. ^^0
    That Bridgeport shot of the bridge is beautiful!

@blazerntq Oh gosh, I miss @CravenLestat, too. His passion for the sims is awesome, I started playing with townies because of him.

@Brandontaylor @texansky I think I'll download Glenvale County. I'm considering playing in Anne Harbor or edit Brooklyn Heights, but I'm not so sure.

BTW, Brandontaylor, Roaring Heights is a nice addition in case you're either a collector who wants to have all the official worlds or a builder who loves vintage items. The world itself is full of bugs and errors. I wish someone had uploaded fixes to it, at least a major fix for the routing issues.

--- x --- x ---

I was going to upload some pictures but Flickr won't cooperate today.

I'm trying to travel to the Adventure worlds and get things done, but frankly, I'm not much for exploring them. For instance, I felt sleepy and saved the game to take a nap yesterday. Or I watch youtube videos while my character is taking forever to run to his destination.

I think I prefer to go to those places as a tourist and just play around instead of being Indiana Jones.
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @thuggishsplicer He was so super nice and used to create Sims and homes for me. He even made me profile picture from a picture of one of my sims.

Sorry this is late. I had to get enough pictures to complete this chapter.

A House Full of Young Adults - Chapter 47 has been published to The Legacy Report.

david_young_adult.jpg
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited June 2023
    'New' post..

Where on the timeline? June 2022.

Chapter 5.2 – Palash and Sofias wedding, part II: The wedding.

Posting this one seperately, because it's the last of the june updates, and of course, because it's a pretty significant event.. Palash and Sofia is getting married. ;)

fLsdJVM.jpg
    Is the groom nervous for the big day?

m3zVqG2.jpg
    ..and here comes the bride. She was almost late for her own wedding! The person to the right is Palash's sister Udisha (in her everyday pregnant wear).

TK7Hipu.jpg
    Happy. ;)

JWKOTLs.jpg

..but when the big moment comes, Sofia decides to wear something completely different.. her work outfit....

"...are you proud of me now, daddy? Do you see me now.. daddy? .....daddy?"

tBAxm2w.jpg
    Sofias job is no doubt important to her, a quality which Palash likes.

358RFce.jpg
    However, there is a problem for the family oriented man.. her apparent dislike of children... because children, they're just annoying and in the way, right?

"Not now, Sofia... daddy is busy...but look what I bought for you..."

WC9jdQF.jpg
    ..nonetheless, it is a very happy day..

CVIMuvX.jpg
    ..and once they get home, Sofia finally gets her wish fulfilled, that she's been wanting for quite some time.. ;) Something the more traditionally oriented family man held back on until the rings were in place.. :p

Good night. ;)

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @thuggishsplicer

That can be the same for me sometimes,
    thank you.

some more randoms

dhTnFzL.jpg

I like this lightning mod by @brntwaffles

5wf64f4.jpg

tYOqull.jpg

2a0mJMS.jpg

ADOmJkP.jpg

Mxologist working.

iE7V7MC.jpg

JPuj7Uw.jpg

3YDr2GZ.jpg

cat cuddles

TjMYdfy.jpg

Two vampire townies made humans with nraas.

8c0MbVs.jpg

second cat

tCdxJOS.jpg

Matthew Hamming

All for now

Happy Friday!

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    @Sprottenham in my Perfect Genetics Challenge series I have a mother who dislikes children and her husband is family oriented. His lifetime wish is to be a Celebrated Five Star Chef, hers is to be a Menu Maven. They are both in the culinary career. They have had several children and she takes care of them when not at work. He is the one who stays home to look after the babies after she gives birth. It happens every time she has a baby. As a result she's a celebrated five star chef and he's still struggling to get there. But he's making progress. I was surprised when he stayed home to take care of the baby and she went to work as soon as each one was born.

I don't know if your couple would do the same thing. It might be interesting to find out if they do happen to reproduce. Of course he might manage an alien pregnancy or two. My family oriented sim started having endless alien pregnancies until I used NRAAS to stop them.
    @blazerntq That's really cool! I wasn't a friend of his like that but I do miss his posts. They were always really entertaining.

@Silverofdreams30 Another great sunset!
    Roaring Heights has this pinkish dusk and dawn, but I got tired pretty quickly. I'll try to find the sun to check if the sunset is as gorgeous as the one in your game.
    edited June 2023
    @thuggishsplicer

Thank you I use a lightning mod and it makes Bridgeport gorgeous.
    edited June 2023
    @Karritz Menu Maven? I had never heard that before, so I had to google it. (English isn't my first language.) Of course, I know what the lifetime wish is, because I already have a sim with that lifetime wish (to learn all the recipies). :P

Well, I don't want to say to much about their future, we'll just have to wait and see... but.. I can see it's probably gonna go a little bit like you said. She is already very career oriented. ;)

..and thanks for the info on alien pregnancies. That is totally out of the question! I'm gonna have to remember to go into NRAAS settings and find a way to turn that off immediately when I resume playing with them (if I haven't done it already..).

The reason is of course, because I'm one of those boring people that would aim for something that resembles realism...
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    edited June 2023
    ..and then, more stuff..

When? July 2022.

Sunset Valley:

Chapter 12.2 - Chess, books and family.

This chapter switches around a bit between households and locations.

k4xTcan.jpg
    I'm gonna show you the most boring picture from this chapter here, where we can see that Ingrids lawn has become more green since last month (watching the grass grow...), and also that she has started to expand her bathroom to fit the laundry machine she bought last month in there, I think.. of course, there are other things inside, don't believe my sarcasm...

No Lake Onebega chapter, because all the students have left for summer...

Sprottenham:
    Chapter 7.2 - July 2022 - Iselins birthday / The abandoned Peat Factory...

gQ0B8iM.jpg
    This chapter is not to elaborate, because when I made this one I did think things went a little slow. Anyway, a celebration happens in the Flansbarne household as Iselin becomes one year older and gets old enough to tackle learning her first life skills.

7NvES89.jpg
    ..but of course, you know me... and the joy has to be interrupted with what goes on over at 'Ye Olde Peat Factory' where we are introduced to this kid, a boy named George, in search for his aunt who he thinks is somewhere down south... yeah, what the picture really shows is.. kind of grim, and definately illegal...

Bewickton:

Chapter 5.3 - Can we make a deal..?

WonGtM8.jpg
    Palash has of course moved in with Sofia after they got married with his little puppy Yumi. (Sofia had the bigger house and with a swimming pool)... and Yumi found plenty of new furniture to chew on, and is even bold enough to wish for Palash to get a raise so he can buy more furniture to chew.. ;)

CWq3qwY.jpg
    Sofia feels confident about her own appearance and thinks about beds...

pQMBTKB.jpg
    The band, "The Bushweeds", performed at the park again and gets a bit of feedback too, where it's suggested that they switch up their style a little if they want to become more popular sell out. Maybe they'll get a record deal...

hMxneY5.jpg
    Palash and Sofia go on a date, have a discussion and a few drinks before they kiss and go home to..

G4QUc2C.jpg

..to uhmm.. ok, umm.. well, good night..
    th1das9.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    @Karritz Menu Maven? I had never heard that before, so I had to google it. (English isn't my first language.) Of course, I know what the lifetime wish is, because I already have a sim with that lifetime wish (to learn all the recipies). :P

Well, I don't want to say to much about their future, we'll just have to wait and see... but.. I can see it's probably gonna go a little bit like you said. She is already very career oriented. ;)

..and thanks for the info on alien pregnancies. That is totally out of the question! I'm gonna have to remember to go into NRAAS settings and find a way to turn that off immediately when I resume playing with them (if I haven't done it already..).

The reason is of course, because I'm one of those boring people that would aim for something that resembles realism...

What I did was go to the home computer and choose...

NRAAS > Returner > Settings > General > by Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > Alien Utils

Then there is a series of numbers with labels starting with k. I went through them and set any that related to Aliens to 0. Examples kAbductionBaseChance, kAbductionMaxSpaceRockBonus, kAbductionTelescopeBonus. I set them all to 0. I didn't worry about length of abduction as if they didn't get abducted that wouldn't matter to me.
    @Karritz Thanks! You probably just saved me some time getting lost in the menus. ;)
    th1das9.png
    edited June 2023
    It's been gloomy days in Salmon Woods. Goalkeeper Jessica got a goaltender nose.

iS9bX4G.jpg

zmbcFDp.jpg

Sim-me and Spencer decided to take the girls with us on a tropical holiday.

hVGokX6.jpg

The girls who cried wolf spider! These tropical wolf spiders hunt geese, monkeys, elephants, coconuts and bargains.

ENcbqKS.jpg

The beautiful parks for tourists are usually safe, but it's best to be careful.

2NFav7s.jpg
    Post edited by Cororon on
    cUrfGkA.gif
    @Cororon Great pictures as usual! I like the pose by the swimming pool. I almost downloaded Salmon Woods, but it needs expansions that I don't have installed.

@Sprottenham Palash was very smart to move in with Sofia. Her house is one of the best in Twinbrook!
    @Cororon Great pictures as usual! I like the pose by the swimming pool. I almost downloaded Salmon Woods, but it needs expansions that I don't have installed.

Thanks :smile: I have all expansions installed so I like worlds that have a little of everything.
    cUrfGkA.gif
    edited June 2023
    Jobs for Everyone - Chapter 48 has been published to The Legacy Report.

david_athlete.jpg

*Edited to correct the chapter number.
    Post edited by texansky on
    edited June 2023
    It's very busy now at the harbour in Smuggler' Cove Bridgeport Cyme Ixotic as more and more stuff gets unloaded..

shipping-containers.jpg

When? August 2022.

Sunset Valley.

Chapter 12.3 – Of snobs and bookworms...

J4JF4UO.jpg

Oliver Freddy and Inge return to university. Ranveig doesn't want to party this month and spends her day inside upgrading household items. Ingrid pays a visit to her aunt. Ingrids bathroom is also close to finished and a new builiding is being built in town.

OXQqBlF.jpg

Lake Onebega:
    Chapter 3.1 - We're not gonna be friends..

Kgppxzv.jpg
    Jonathan Dirk spills the beans to Inge, which leaves her no choice but to say it as it is..

j7pBjkb.jpg
    His clapping here turned to a frown quickly enough, and it's all downhill from here. ;)

deqKpL8.jpg

Sprottenham:

Chapter 7.3 - Well, we probably needed a new oven anyway...

bOK6HVe.jpg
    Agathi and Baturney replaces the oven in their kitchen, sims style..

Bewickton:

Chapter 5.4 - August 2022 - Welcome to the (rich) neighbourhood.

Sofia and Palash gets an invitation to a pool party by Marianne Skurchk, but never really make it to the party...
    bIKtXFk.jpg

Sofia stops on the lawn to talk on the phone with her friend, making it very clear she's never going to have children, regardless of what she says to Palash..

0yUsjTh.jpg
    Palash thinks his new home will be perfect to raise a big family...

NJtZc9p.jpg
    ..but Sofia is probably only in it for the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cookie. ;) (Of course the original word was censored, but if you know how to rhyme..)

134cU2i.jpg
    ..but Palash is again reluctant to open the jar...
    th1das9.png
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Got some good starter home suggestions to add to my town in the new save. I plan on downloading some tonight, but I did get a few bigger size ones added already. I still got to locate some Sims still and add them to the town after I get the houses sorted out. Still want a few extra things like a bowling alley and maybe some other places to hang out. Still got to add the Gothique Library too.
  • Michael_PattrickMichael_Pattrick Posts: 31 Member
    My last play was with a single Sim I had created to be a pop star... I've never actually really utilized the Showtime EP after all of these years so figured I would give it a go. I think I eventually got her to level 3? But I was not having much fun running all over town performing Sing-a-grams LOL and still have a lot to learn about the different venues and how to do performances and such. To be honest, I think I'm kind of over it and might start a new save elsewhere!

This is a few hours late, but here you go. Enjoy!

Promotions and Garden Gnomes - Chapter 49 has been published to The Legacy Report.

samuel_promotion.jpg
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,869 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Brandontaylor loved the titanic video, that's so interesting! My parents have been to Belfast where the museum is and apparently it's fascinating.
    @Nikkei_Simmer loved this update and the werewolf joke hehe
    @Karritz Penny's hair is so gorgeous! I haven't tried out the canning station much either so hopefully she survives the zombies long enough for you to keep us posted!
    @Sprottenham great updates, your towns look lovely!

My update: Chapter Eleven: Le Voyage de Noces

Blair and Jean-Claude explore Champs Les Sims for their honeymoon and use the time to understand each other's hopes and dreams for the future.

vzysrc8stzdz.png

Also very excited to be back streaming on Twitch! I returned last Wednesday for the first time in 2 years and have been playing my Sims 3 Astrology Legacy Challenge. Going live again in a couple of hours :)
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    Great updates everyone!

Happys simming.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top