Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Dinosaur in Oasis Springs.

VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
Is it available via cheat to put on a lot? If so, what is the cheat(s) I need to enter?
ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2023
    I believe it's in buydebug/liveobjects.

bb.showhiddenobjects (buydebug)then type debug and enter in the search menu.

I forget the cheat for live objects.

You need to enter both cheats.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    bb.showliveeditobjects is the other one
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    bb.showliveeditobjects is the other one

Thank you.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It can be a real challenge to find specific objects in debug. I just look for them on the Gallery. There’s always some kind simmer who has uploaded the item. I’ve downloaded the dinosaur from the Gallery myself, but unfortunately I don’t have the link or anything. I just search for something like “debug dinosaur” in the item title.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I totally forgot about the Dinosaur in Oasis Springs. I remember raking my brain about what was missing for my Prehistoric Age Game Save, it was Dinosaurs. So after I’m finished updating my previous households in my other timelines Game Saves, I’ll go back to my Prehistoric Age & a Flintstones household & possibly some Dinosaur landscapes.🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕😉
  • Options
    Thank You Everyone!🙂🙂
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    Wait, what? There’s dinosaurs in Oasis Springs? I’ve had this game since day one and I never knew that. Granted I never spend much time in that neighbourhood as in my game the only thing to do there is bowl (or visiting Don for the more romantically inclined sim).

Well, you learn something new every day!
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    things in buydebug are easier to find if you select the pack before you enter the debug menu.
    so oasis springs is basegame, select basegame and it only shows the basegame debug menu without the objects from the other packs.
    the dinosaur is in the bb.showliveeditobjects section, so you don't need to enter bb.showhiddenobjects eighter = less objects to look through
    👩‍💻
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Wait, what? There’s dinosaurs in Oasis Springs? I’ve had this game since day one and I never knew that. Granted I never spend much time in that neighbourhood as in my game the only thing to do there is bowl (or visiting Don for the more romantically inclined sim).

There is one but you have to be on certain residential lots in Oasis Springs to see it. :)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

It's in the area where Johnny Zest lives. In the not accessible part beyond where the fishing spots are as part of a line of commercial buildings. Next to the gas station, I think. Back in the old days there was a gas station company that had a green brontosaurus for its logo. Sinclair, I think.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

It's in the area where Johnny Zest lives. In the not accessible part beyond where the fishing spots are as part of a line of commercial buildings. Next to the gas station, I think. Back in the old days there was a gas station company that had a green brontosaurus for its logo. Sinclair, I think.

How cool! I found a picture.

yBLvLD1.jpg

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Wait, that actually exist in real life. Way to funny & cool. :DB)
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Wait, that actually exist in real life. Way to funny & cool. :DB)

Yes! Sinclair Oil was started long before everyone had cars. He was digging oil wells in the late 1800s. Some believe oil to be left from dinosaurs.
  • Options
    If only we had a debug gas station with the dinosaur on its sign or at least green & white.. lol
  • Options
    I only knew about Shell Oil, Esso & Del Oil when I was growing up. However, that was back in the 1970s & 80s.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Oh, they have been around since before 1900 and still are. I think they are mostly in the southern states. Harry Sinclair was a cousin to my great great grandmother somehow. He stayed with them for some time while digging oil wells back then. Her maiden name was Sinclair.
  • Options
    That explains it. I'm Canadian & have never traveled to the US.