Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think the hot update is?

We know it's not a vibrating heart shaped bed. So what is it?

What do you think the hot update is? 130 votes

Update on the Caliente family
36%
CK213BreeSashaMichelleWalexspoom13MartinvPlayerSinger2010imhappyxoJessiJokubasncisGibbs02AnmirlaloubyloulougreydonnKhrisstynepearlbhEmmaVanecece15624painted_dreams87sorokonozhkaOnverser 48 votes
New spicy food
3%
LaruhellPeralAmapola76KathMHughes 4 votes
Pool update
6%
auroraael14catmom1987mcruddIObellejcp011c2AuronoiChieftainEvilyn_1007HillOfTaraFuture 9 votes
Summer outdoor activities
18%
Bluegaylebandit5alan650111IceyJMariefoxprice83Paigeisin5KennziKaigeCarmineboredbeauty111mookie1981Dr. Borpolexus20Bren91Briana2425SoapBubbleKuroimrs_starkeySimsStarfishAenalanasch_katze 24 votes
Other
34%
crocobauraSimmervillelisamwittMsMayIsb917simgirl1010friendlysimmersrobyngravesglory_joycatloverplayerSimplyJenashcrash19bixtersMoonCrossWarrior22SelinaKylesID-ChristianTrimothCAPTAIN_NXR7NationalPokedexEnkiSchmidt 45 votes

Comments

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Other
    I'm hoping for a dating app or neighborhood stories to include marriage and divorce.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Other
    Lamour. <3<3
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Other
    Vibrating heart bed from sims 1, maybe some romance uipdate.
    If not, I would go for pool&summer activities and clothes
    Or Caliente update but not only them but whole world
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    Bugs.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    Other
    Dating app or something else to do with dating.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2023
    I think its Calientes

but if so I hope theres bigger romance update attached
    with new romance interactions, heart bed or say matchmaker from ts2, dating app or something

just some things that Calientes and Lotharios for that matter might find lots of use in

aaand if it indeed is Calientes
    I am hoping they come with couple special cas things to match the earlier games
    like that legendary sims 2 dress Dina and many other ts2 girlies have
    I haven't really found match for it in ts4

also btw

*puts on tinfoil hat and turns into conspiracygal*
    don't you think there might be a reason the faces gone broken lately

I bet they were messing with it to support new face sculpt later for Calientes
    only they ended up breaking something while at it

*xfiles theme*
    sure it could be coincidence...
    but why just faces and why faces in specific you know
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Other
    It will probably be something that's not very hot at all or only useful for some minority of players. They like to hype a lot.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited April 2023
    Other
    None of the above.

I’m 97% positive it’s a new CAS button that will sit next to the sim randomizer. It’ll be called the 🔥Hot🔥button and when you click on it any selected sim will turn into an extremely hot sim, even if they’re already hot. Sims will never be hot enough unless you hit that 🔥Hot🔥button!

This is exactly why the latest patch introduced that cursed face bug. The rig got all messed up because Team Maxis is still testing out this new hotify feature, alas…something in the code must have gone haywire since we’ve all experienced that right now it has the opposite effect on sims. Wait until the button is there and fully functional. It’s gonna be hotter than hot. Looking forward to it. Be gone, ye wonky, pear shaped squishy head weasels!

If it’s not that it’ll most likely be one of the following:

• Firewalking skill. Although I would have welcomed it, no fire woohoo in a heart shaped bed this time. Instead, we’ll be getting a bed of hot embers for our sims to walk on. I used it plenty in Sims 3 for ceremonial purposes. 😈
    • Inferno lot trait. A trait that turns any lot into a hell hole. Includes demon NPCs. Bit like the Paranormal Bubble Ghosts, but less cute and more dangerous. 😈
    • Ehr…More hot pants shorts? Because we don’t have enough hot pants shorts? Of all the things I mentioned, this one would be my absolute favorite…

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    New Hot dog costume.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Other
    Neighboorhood Love Stories and Romantic Compatibility.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Anything but an update centered around the Calliente family. After having them in my game for what I believe to be eighteen years, I'm ready for them to retire. While setting up new saves they are one of the first households to be deleted. After so many years of playing that family, it was like eating the same cereal for breakfast over and over. But I do understand they have a long history in the Sims franchise and a lot of players like to have them in their games. Beyond giving them a seriously awesome make over, what else can we expect to see in this 'hot' update? As @CAPTAIN_NXR7 wrote, the idea we might get a better Sim randomizer is at the top of my list of wants. I'd like to see a larger variety of face shapes, noses, mouths, cheeks, jawlines and chins in CAS that would add so much to how we could customize each Sim. Just recently I began to experiment with CC presets for noses and lips. And I am finally able to create Sims that look different from every other Sim. If this new bug that has popped up is connected to what will be coming in the next update, I sure as heck hope the devs get it fixed soon. Like in, before they release this 'hot' new update. If they don't, this next update will be the newest 'Hot Mess' we'll be dealing with. So, lets hope the update is all about new fun summer stuff.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2023
    None of the above.

I’m 97% positive it’s a new CAS button that will sit next to the sim randomizer. It’ll be called the 🔥Hot🔥button and when you click on it any selected sim will turn into an extremely hot sim, even if they’re already hot. Sims will never be hot enough unless you hit that 🔥Hot🔥button!

This is exactly why the latest patch introduced that cursed face bug. The rig got all messed up because Team Maxis is still testing out this new hotify feature, alas…something in the code must have gone haywire since we’ve all experienced that right now it has the opposite effect on sims. Wait until the button is there and fully functional. It’s gonna be hotter than hot. Looking forward to it. Be gone, ye wonky, pear shaped squishy head weasels!

I have no doubt pressing the 🔥Hot🔥 button on my Simmingals would be throughly cursed
    you might be onto something

I imagine it would change the sims face so they squint sultry in all their expressions like those gallery cc hot sims
    that and the endless possibilities of plastic surgery ofcourse
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Other
    I'm hoping we'll get pool equipment and more swimwear.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    I’m hoping a romance more interactions update but I doubt it, I’m thinking it’s probably summer items and possibly an updated story to the caliente family. The only way I bet it’s a hot update as in dates or romance is if the sims team is planning on releasing a game pack or expansion pack in the future that has to do with romance.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    Other
    Maybe a dating app or attraction system.
  • Options
    glory_joyglory_joy Posts: 134 Member
    Other
    Fixing what they just broke so I can update my game and purchase the 2 new kits. . .
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Pool update
    I really have no clue but I would love a pool update. One where you could add stairs to the pool and make different sections deeper. Pool slides and diving boards.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    New spicy food
    What if instead of giving us the heart bed, they give us the heart shaped HOT tub!!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Other
    As much as I want a pool update I have to go with other. I think it's going to be the vibrating heart shaped bed based on the description of the broken heart bed motor that came with the latest basement kit.
  • Options
    Other
    Bren91 wrote: »
    I’m hoping a romance more interactions update but I doubt it, I’m thinking it’s probably summer items and possibly an updated story to the caliente family. The only way I bet it’s a hot update as in dates or romance is if the sims team is planning on releasing a game pack or expansion pack in the future that has to do with romance.

I think the Next Gamepack is in July and it might be a Romance Theme so the Heartbed could be part of a pre patch update.
  • Options
    Other
    I'm hoping we'll get pool equipment and more swimwear.

I hope we do as well. I could really use some pool slides and interactive pool waterfalls since we can now build water parks with the splash pads.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Other
    I honestly have no clue. It never turns out to be what I think it might be. The Love Tub would be a fun surprise. We already know it's not the heart bed, they confirmed that in a tweet, a fact that still has me feeling bummed.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Other
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I honestly have no clue. It never turns out to be what I think it might be. The Love Tub would be a fun surprise. We already know it's not the heart bed, they confirmed that in a tweet, a fact that still has me feeling bummed.

Is there a link?
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Other
    Is there a link?
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Did they confirm that the heart bed is just clutter?

The sims broke the Heart-shaped bed by overusing it for decades (TS1/TS2/TS3) :p

Now it's a relic of the past.

Could be a hint 🤔

I may be reaching, but could it possibly have anything to do with the "hot" update?

SimGuruFrost's response to someone who also thought it might be a hint to the 'hot' update.

Here you need
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Maybe the "hot" update was referring to the undies they added in the 04/18/23 patch.