Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me about your big saves

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited March 2023
    My big save has over 40 households. I've been playing the same save for years. It mostly pre-mades

Clara Bjorson (long divorced) just got married to Summer Holiday's clone (Winter Holiday). Her daughter Sophia Bjrorson, took an inappropriate photo with someone, and she was worried about it getting out. So she asked the police to get it - Arun Bheeda. Arun goes by Aaron now. He got the photo from the shady, but gorgeous Theresa. Theresa was created from a challenge - villian with broken heart desire. She is the club leader of Theresa's hearts (which is basically a brothel)

Of course, Aaron is corrupt and they fell in love. They live together in a penthouse and everything that's there is stolen.

Aaron's wife lives quietly in Brindleton Bay with her boyfriend Geoffrey Landgraab.

Nancy is married to her soulmate, Daniel Pleasant.

Nancy and Daniel's kids also have a ton of drama
  • Options
    angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    I tend to start my world with one sim. I focus on them till they marry and have kids. As each kid moves out it turns more into a rotational save. I toggle on or off aging when I reach the first family again.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited April 2023
    Ninoosim wrote: »
    I think my problem with long lasting saves is that I take things too seriously and get mad when sims don't behave the way I created them to be. Like I don't want to see grandma at the club or my nerds at the basketball court. But maybe the chaos is the fun part? I also need to try and play without mods just to see if saves bloat less. I don't use many to begin with but can't hurt to try.

I think my problem is that when I reach my goal, I want things to stay perfect, but get bored at the lack of change. >.<

There may finally be enough chaos in Sims 4 to keep me going for a while. Lately I've been taking all my previous saves' Sims and putting them in the same save to test this theory. Almost everyone needs a makeover for all the packs I've bought since, but it turns out that there's no overlap. I always think of a house as belonging to someone even when I start a new save, so everyone gets to go just where they belong. Everyone except Phoenix Valentine... I've thrown him into so many random situations that he's getting a whole new home. o.o
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    > @Ninoosim said:
    > My favorite thing in the sims has always been playing with a big cast of characters, creating links between families. I like playing in a very loose rotation, always aging off, jumping from households to households as the mood strikes. Sometimes you wanna play a nice happy family, other times you need to play an unhinged old dude with his 16 cats, you feel me? A save always feels more special when you "know" everyone!
    >

I feel that I'm sharing this play style. I love to create sims, place them in the game and play them when I feel like it. Sometimes I spend longer time with a family, sometimes shorter. It all depends on the situation the family is in and what mood I'm in. I don't feel like creating more saves then the current one as I feel it would mess up my head.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My favorite Save is my occult/supernatural fantasy Save that I've been playing since Vampires GP. What started out as a simple story...of a vampire going up against Vlad for power....has become a generational/legacy save with about 10 families I rotate between that are all interconnected. What I love about this save the most, is that I feel I can be super creative and do things I wouldn't do in normal gameplay since they're occults. So there's this quest for power amongst the vampires...and with the addition of werewolves and spellcasters...some are teaming up to take down one vampire. I love this revenge plot I have going. But there's also a love story and there's family play, etc.

I honestly do plan things, but most of my gamplay is game-driven and I let things happen & tell the story around it. But when I do get ideas I try to execute them...like currently, this powerful spellcaster, Gabriel, has a long standing enemy with the vampire that started this save (Ambrose Gautier). Gabriel is married to Ambrose's twin sister Elora, but has no idea that she's Ambrose's sister. & Ambrose doesn't know his twin sister is even alive. I worked in some Batuu stuff...and made Elora escape Batuu & be on the run from Kylo Ren, after secretly carrying his child. She changed her name to Olivia, changed her identity, hair color etc. Fell in love with Gabriel, unknowingly that he and her brother were enemies. But now that she knows, she feels she can use that to her advantage. Elora also has a score to settle with her brother....so she's trying to play it smart & keep her identity secret, plus protecting her daughter (who is now a teen) from her father Kylo Ren. So Elora has been lying to her husband about who she really is....& to her daughter who has wanted to know about her father since she was a child. Gabriel is also secretive not forthcoming with her about his plans to take Ambrose down, as he's being dabbling in dark magic & has been banned from the Realm. So tons of secrets, lies, etc. with this twisted storyline lol.

& so while Ambrose is trying to navigate the drama with his foes, he's also an evil vampire and has plans of his own, with his own quest for power....training his son & heir to take over the Gautier legacy when he is of age. He used to be married to one of my favorite Sims of all time, and they've had quite the love story, but they didn't last. Ambrose is now engaged to a Goth descendant, Annabella. She's not the love of his life...but is marrying her for the Goth name and fortune it brings.

As it relates to their homes...I do try to make their homes match to the vision of the character. Ambrose has been in the same vampire castle since Vampires GP came out...& I've expanded the home with basements but I can't ever see him living in another home...even if same style. & other characters like Elora...I had her living in Henford-O-Bagley, since that world seems so far away...since she was trying to stay "hidden". But I just moved them to Brindleton....I see her having this more traditional, country vibe.

So far none of my "households" are really finished. The story just keeps expanding and growing. Ambrose's granddaughter, Harper...I used her to explore Discover University pack with...and in a way her story was done as I just wanted to experience that pack. But Harper has a child with Gabriel from an affair...(which Elora doesn't know about yet)....so Harper's storyline will go from background to main soon, once the child secret is revealed.
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    @Sha2520032003 Your very own telenovela, I love it so much :D
  • Options
    SimlingtonSimlington Posts: 26 Member
    Just...how?
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    My favorite Save is my occult/supernatural fantasy Save that I've been playing since Vampires GP. What started out as a simple story...of a vampire going up against Vlad for power....has become a generational/legacy save with about 10 families I rotate between that are all interconnected. What I love about this save the most, is that I feel I can be super creative and do things I wouldn't do in normal gameplay since they're occults. So there's this quest for power amongst the vampires...and with the addition of werewolves and spellcasters...some are teaming up to take down one vampire. I love this revenge plot I have going. But there's also a love story and there's family play, etc.

I honestly do plan things, but most of my gamplay is game-driven and I let things happen & tell the story around it. But when I do get ideas I try to execute them...like currently, this powerful spellcaster, Gabriel, has a long standing enemy with the vampire that started this save (Ambrose Gautier). Gabriel is married to Ambrose's twin sister Elora, but has no idea that she's Ambrose's sister. & Ambrose doesn't know his twin sister is even alive. I worked in some Batuu stuff...and made Elora escape Batuu & be on the run from Kylo Ren, after secretly carrying his child. She changed her name to Olivia, changed her identity, hair color etc. Fell in love with Gabriel, unknowingly that he and her brother were enemies. But now that she knows, she feels she can use that to her advantage. Elora also has a score to settle with her brother....so she's trying to play it smart & keep her identity secret, plus protecting her daughter (who is now a teen) from her father Kylo Ren. So Elora has been lying to her husband about who she really is....& to her daughter who has wanted to know about her father since she was a child. Gabriel is also secretive not forthcoming with her about his plans to take Ambrose down, as he's being dabbling in dark magic & has been banned from the Realm. So tons of secrets, lies, etc. with this twisted storyline lol.

& so while Ambrose is trying to navigate the drama with his foes, he's also an evil vampire and has plans of his own, with his own quest for power....training his son & heir to take over the Gautier legacy when he is of age. He used to be married to one of my favorite Sims of all time, and they've had quite the love story, but they didn't last. Ambrose is now engaged to a Goth descendant, Annabella. She's not the love of his life...but is marrying her for the Goth name and fortune it brings.

As it relates to their homes...I do try to make their homes match to the vision of the character. Ambrose has been in the same vampire castle since Vampires GP came out...& I've expanded the home with basements but I can't ever see him living in another home...even if same style. & other characters like Elora...I had her living in Henford-O-Bagley, since that world seems so far away...since she was trying to stay "hidden". But I just moved them to Brindleton....I see her having this more traditional, country vibe.

So far none of my "households" are really finished. The story just keeps expanding and growing. Ambrose's granddaughter, Harper...I used her to explore Discover University pack with...and in a way her story was done as I just wanted to experience that pack. But Harper has a child with Gabriel from an affair...(which Elora doesn't know about yet)....so Harper's storyline will go from background to main soon, once the child secret is revealed.

Wow! That is quite a story!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I have several saves that serve different purposes, but I'm guessing my "General Gameplay" save file is maybe the biggest one because it's the longest running (a couple dozen households played in rotation with more being added as time goes on).

On the other hand, my two building save files (Vanilla Builds, CC Builds) are also quite huge because of all the heavily detailed built lots with oodles of decor, furnishings, landscaping, etc? I probably spend just as much time (if not more) in build mode as I do in live mode (I love building, renovating, and decorating). So technically speaking, those save files might be bigger?

The save files I spend most of my time in are:
    - General Gameplay (my regular rotational game)
    - Supernatural Only
    - Vanilla Builds
    - CC Builds

My other save files that I play off and on:
    - Victorian/Edwardian
    - Medieval/Prehistory
    - Sci-Fi/Futuristic
    - Apocalypse
    - Townies Only Gameplay
    - Fully Custom Gameplay (all pre-made townies deleted, all pre-made lots bulldozed)
    - Vanilla Gameplay (for those inbetween times waiting for mods/cc updates)
    - Testing Testing (for testing out new mods/cc and downloaded gallery stuff)
    - Vanilla Game Template (a neverending work in progress)

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2023
    my biggest save on the sims 4 is playing with the michaelson family and thats my favorite save
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited April 2023
    Well, I'll start by the order of my many Timeline game saves.

1. Prehistoric/Biblical:
    Adam/Eve full household generational family
    FallenAngels household
    Cavewolf household
    CroMagnon Family household
    Prehistoric Couple household
    Prehistoric Cousins
    Lady Cro household
    Asian Spirits household
    Light Angels/Dark Angels household
    Time Travelers households

2. Ancient Times to Dark Ages:
    Cleopatra & Family household
    Babylonpersia Family household
    Jeannie Genie household
    Aphrodite Venus household
    Civilization Rulers household
    Hercules & Xena household
    Aladdin & Jasmine household
    Queen of Avalon household
    Wolfie household
    Time Traveler households

3. Medieval to Victorian:
    Ariel & Eric household
    Austenbonte' Couple household
    Beast & Belle household
    Cinderella's Family household
    Maleficent & Briarose household
    Oz Family household
    PrairieGables Cousins household
    Rapunzel Tower household
    Red Ridinghood Family household
    Tarzan & Jane Jungle household
    Wonderland Family household

4. RagTime to Awesome 80s:
    Darknight Family household
    Dorothy & Zelena of Oz household
    Drew & Hardy Couple household
    Mystic household
    Lavander Panther household
    Orphan Sisters household
    Prairecree Dreamlight household
    Royal Moon/Earth Family household
    Storm & Wolverine household
    Violet SpringFairy household
    Vympira Vympyr household

5. Futuristic 2525 & Beyond:
    Astra Cosmo household
    Doctor & Donnariverose household
    Good Bot vs Evil Doll household
    Gylxa Planette household
    Humalyn Family household
    Jyn Rey household
    Skywalker Family household
    Smuggler Cousins household
    Voyager Resolution Family household
    Strangerville Warriors

Yup, I've been busy with my game saves. :pB)<3;)
    PS: I only play Vanilla

• Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I have a few big saves, most of which are abandoned because at some point I get exhaused with all the drama I'm trying to remember and start anew.

"Strangers and Friends" is my very first Sims 4 save, created in June 2018 when I got the game at a steep discount and created three sims to test different aspects of the game. Two of the sims had a child, the other sim had a child with Liberty Lee, and the family blended into one which I followed for almost ten generations. I've loaded it up a few times since and don't play it, preferring to keep it intact as a memory of my first game.

"La Familia" is a multi-generational result of a sim-self which I used to test numerous mods. It was the first save to grow to the point that I could not keep track of what was going on, and started forgetting the stories I had.

"Pleasantview sans Gia" is my playthrough of someone else's save, "Pleasantview 25 Years Later". It got a little bizarre, with multiple zombie invasions, plus a witch fighting a corporate overlord for control of the neighborhood.

"Pleasants so Merrie" is still active. I started it to test a mod and continued with it. I started it with my version of the Pleasant family in the inter-game games (Daniel and Mary Sue are a young couple with twin children) and it grew into a legacy of sorts, in which I began referring to the Pleasants as the royal family and now they all have titles like "Prince Morgan", "Lady Sabrina", etc.

There are a few others I'm forgetting about, but I'm not on my gaming computer and can't look at them immediately.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Ninoosim wrote: »
    @Sha2520032003 Your very own telenovela, I love it so much :D

Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    It started out as just taking Laitha and fooling around. I think she woohoo'd like 56 different sims. Then I met the townie Brandi Denny and decided to start a family. No story to go with it, just a family for the sake of it. It wasn't until I got to Sam's family (Gen 3), did I start assigning "roles" to each family member, like a specialty only that sim could do. For example, Samantha was the artist. She was the only one who could paint pictures and thus was the head of what would eventually be the Denny Family Museum(basically paintings of every family member). The direction I would take would change starting with the birth of Josephine who would become the family vampire enthusiast. She had 4 plasma fruit trees and welcomed all vampires who wished to avoid feeding on humans and could just buy fruit from her. Then came Veronica, the first vampire born into the family, a result of a very strange union between Monica and an alien O_o, I still have no idea how that happened. Veronica would sit there for a long time since I had no real use for her at the time. Willow Creek, haha, there was literally only one pre-made family left, the Spence-Lewis family and they would play a huge role later, well at least one of them did.

EVERYTHING changed when Miranda was born. This is where I would make my first sims story. All the "pieces" I needed were steadily being placed as I went along without even realizing it. Also learning that I have an affinity towards vampirism, which is probably due to watching films like From Dusk Til Dawn, Fright Night 1 & 2, Buffy the Vampire Slayer(the movie, not the series with Sarah Michelle Gellar) the Blade Trilogy, as well as playing Bloodrayne 1 & 2.

Anyway, I'm just gonna post the list of my entire legacy family. This is in the order each member was born. I started this family 2020 and stopped sometime before the end of 2022. Yes I know "you could've had 100 family members!". So none of the original pre made sims and townies at the start of the game were around anymore, they all died and in their place were all their descendants, even Katrina and her daughters, they all died. Johnny, etc, Don, you name them and they were long dead. Probably the most interesting part about playing a long save is that eventually you're surrounding by completely new families of townies.

The 65th child was born to a townie that didn't share the same household as the member of the family and I had forgotten to check what the child's name was.

Founders: Laitha Florance(CAS), Brandi Denny

1.Brandi II	41.Latasha	81.Serenity
    2.Samantha	42.Sylvester	82.Brad
    3.Nanesha	43.Madina	83.Cedrick
    4.Leslie	44.Tiffany	84.Sharon
    5.Jenna		45.Wanda	85.Karen
    6.Jorge		46.Wanita	86.Zackery
    7.Brandi III	47.Helene	87.Xavier
    8.Sandy		48.Landen	88.Brandi X
    9.Sam		49.Trisha	89.Malachite
    10.Josephine	50.Miranda	90.Brandi XI
    11.Sodina	51.Moses	91.Charlene
    12.Monica	52.Jacob	92.Linda
    13.Jim		53.Felicia	93.James
    14.Jason	54.Brandi VII	94.Priscilla
    15.Brandi IV	55.Melissa	95.Maryanne
    16.Lakshmi	56.Jonathan	96.Michelle
    17.Madeline	57.Joshua	97.Chelsea
    18.Silandra	58.Kathy
    19.Stephen	59.Seska
    20.Veronica	60.Kiara
    21.Shannon	61.Trishka
    22.Michael	62.Nancy
    23.Jack		63.Brooklyn
    24.Jordan	64.Cameron
    25.Melanie	65.Unknown
    26.Sandra	66.Brandi VIII
    27.Diamond	67.Paul
    28.Shana	68.Brandi IX
    29.Hana		69.Catherine
    30.Jared	70.Nicole
    31.Brandi V	71.Candace
    32.Harrison	72.Batrice
    33.Madison	73.Valery
    34.Jasmine	74.Donovan
    35.Herald	75.Chadrick
    36.Melony	76.Kassy
    37.Henry	77.Kasey
    38.Brandi VI	78.Kevin
    39.Celeste	79.Kenny
    40.Natasha	80.Meralda

• Options
    bubbletozbubbletoz Posts: 16 Member
    Oh geez…

I’m starting over, sadly, but I am gonna make my new save a VERY big save, just like the past one which you will learn about.

It all started with a young woman named Destiny Miller.

She adopted a child named Tessa, and as time went on, the town kept growing with real-life based sims, cartoon-based sims, sims I’ve created all by myself, etc., etc.

Today, all of the households are mostly merged. I kept accidentally deleting the save. (*sob* *sob* ) FORTUNATELY, however, I managed to recover it TWICE from OneDrive!!! The households were sadly never returned to gallery automatically, but I can just manually add them back, despite the possible long and exhausting process. Ugh.

And now, even though there’s about 10+ recovered versions of this save, I usually just recover the first one so I can start over with the same world fresh.

And, with the extra new worlds I’ve got, let’s just say I’m gonna have to make more room. Lol.

Wait, hold that thought: forget my new save, this old save is more fun anyway!

Thx for reading, hope you enjoyed.

TL,DR; I have an old very big save full of old and new households. Enough said.