Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    You know what… the angle on the world map is odd. I tried to click to see who lives in the top house on the right and thought the screen was going to scroll to reveal the content because it was so far up in the corner.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I still haven't installed Growing Together but I'm thinking I'll relocate the families and use San Sequoia for community venues.

What I love about my residential location in Willow Creek is how busy it is with walk-bys.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Sorry, I have no idea how this neighbourhood is spelled.

I've noticed that there is nobody walking the neighbourhood in this place. It can't be that I don't have the memory to support it on my computer but I cant figure it out. It's a huge open neighbourhood but theres no opportunities for my sims to meet other people.

It's a ghost town unfortunately. I hardly see any Sims walking around.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Daephene wrote: »
    I see a lot of foot traffic in Gilbert Gardens, but I think that's because I'm using the 40x20 lot and I noticed the spawn point is right beside the building across the street. I imagine if playing on one of the other lots in that neighborhood you might not notice them because they tend to walk past the rec center and over the bridge and go away. Several did swim in the lake on warm days though. I saw one walkby autonomously use the splash pad. It was Nanami Ito with an umbrella because it was raining, which feels like typical sims logic.

I'm disappointed there was no "Play in water together" interaction with the splash pad features. My sim wanted to take her granddaughter but since she was from another household she wasn't controllable and there was no way for me to get her to play.

Please sign Me Too and comment in the thread below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GRO-Groups-can-t-play-in-water-together-with-the-new-splash-pads/m-p/12393139#M242868
  • Options
    You do occasionally see sims entering and exiting the subway but unfortunately our playable sims can't even use it. The subway spawns sims.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    The worst part is the there is no sims spawning and there's NO reason to explore the world because there's nothing to find or collect. It's even MORE empty than Tartosa, and that is saying something.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    At least put some collectables or something - now there's no reason to go anywhere, and there's no sims. And with barely any neighbors, it's quite depressing to live there. I was looking forward to a new world, but it's so 'cheaply' done.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Daephene wrote: »

I'm disappointed there was no "Play in water together" interaction with the splash pad features.

Right? This seem like yet another an oversight. The sprinkler from Seasons and the water slides from Backyard Stuff have a "play together" option. The other day I had a couple having a date at the water park. There was no option to play together with the group feature from Get Together. Have only tried it once so far.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The last pack with a world I actually want to live in was Cottage Living.

All of my sims live in San Myshuno, Brindleton Bay, Strangerville, Sulani and Henford-on-Bagley.
    All of the new worlds look pretty but feel dead outside of your own lot.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    control any sim mod is broken according to posts on the mod page
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2023
    I do think it is rather like the spaces we have shells on i would have had those to be the lots instead

1. for instance Anchorpoint why couldn't we have one of those lovely 3 houses side by side thingies as apartment or even just one of the houses in row being actual lot why do i have to try to fake this house myself and put multiple families on same lot just to achieve which seems to be biggest theme of building in the area? just at least give me one would you
    I would trade one of the lots say robles one even for it

3. the pier building in hopewell hills
    why this isn't a lot when it would have been literally perfect - its prominent on map and also it wouldn't have forced you to repeat the other houses in this neighborhood I would any day trade this for the lot next to it would be so much better

3. actually I am conflicted about Gilbert Gardens i think here i have the biggest issue of just like lot count due to the whole community/ residential mix

on one hand i do want the lots in the middle of the park to actually be lots but also yeah there wouldn't really be putting treehouses n other pack stuff on those so i sort of get why they wanted normie lots instead of the cool lots here

yet it feels awfully distant to actually go to the park with fam living on one of those suburban house lots
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    happyopi wrote: »
    The last pack with a world I actually want to live in was Cottage Living.

All of my sims live in San Myshuno, Brindleton Bay, Strangerville, Sulani and Henford-on-Bagley.
    All of the new worlds look pretty but feel dead outside of your own lot.

I agree with you but think that’s by design. Henford, Sulani, Komorebi, San Myshuno are living packs, the world takes up most of the development and is a big selling point of the pack.

Things like San Sequoia are just made because builders would complain if there wasn’t a world I think. They got very upset about seasons. So we get these worlds which are just pretty set dressing, the main focus of growing together is not San Sequoia.

It’s more fair to compare it to Willow Creek than Sulani - island living had the opposite problem with a nice world but barely any gameplay.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited March 2023
    I agree on point 7 especially. I love how older worlds give us the opportunity to change the style of the street instead of just trying to match the shells. I have a japanese district in Willow Creek for example. TS4 is very limited when it comes to world building/shaping the surroundings and this right here is the little thing that we could do and now the newer packs don't have even that. I admit I've somewhat excused them when the world has had a very distinctive an interesting style like Mt.Komorebi or Tartosa, but now I can see where it has lead us.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2023
    I haven’t really started playing with the world, but I think it is cool if sims are going into and out of the subway system. I do wish there were more people walking around, than people say there are, but I assume they spent most of their time on this pack working on the dynamics between sims rather than putting a lot of emphasis on the world.

Personally, I do wish they had given us a cinema lot type rather than a rabbit hole, but at least they do have interactions with the cinema.

I am glad that they have people frequent the swimming lake occasionally. But, I do think they missed the opportunity of making that house over the swimming lake into a real lot over the lake. and, I wish they had made the fake lot on the boat marina in Hopewell Hills either into a lot where we could have put a houseboat, or into a food stall of some kind. I also would have liked to have at least 5 lots in each neighborhood. And, I would have loved to have had some apartments or townhomes in San Sequoia.

But again, in this pack I think they spend most of their time on the family dynamics and compatibility between people rather than working so much on the world. I have to admit I’m glad that we even got a world. I would much rather have a world without all the extra’s than not get a world at all like in seasons.

I plan to have a park or national park on the Michaelsons lot, including a place where tents can be placed, with camp fires etc, where people can visit and spend the night without charge, as well as a place for local children and local family’s to spend a day together. The rest of the lots in that area will be houses, possibly one will be a rental, but I’m not sure about that yet. Gilbert Gardens I plan to have a Recreation center, and I plan to have an Ecco Community lot. The other two lots In the area will be combinations of things like a cafe, a bowling ally, an arcade, a karaoke bar, art center, museum, library etc. On the warf I plan to have things like retail, bars, lounges, boba tea/thrift, restaurants etc. and possibly a tall thin home like you see in downtown San Francisco, I may make that the rental for the town, not quite sure till I look over the area whether to put the rental on the warf or in hopewell hills. I have had company this week, so have not been in my game. But, I’m looking forward to exploring it more in the coming week. I do like that Gilbert Garden does have the walking paths and the swimming/boating/jet ski area, and splash pad. I’m assuming we can also have our sims biking on these paths too. And there is a lake in Hopewell hills with a small pier where sims can fish from as well, and I assume our sims can bike or walk around that neighborhood as well, I was happy to see a picnic table, trash cans and Grill in the Gilbert Gardens area. I have also seen pictures of the warf area that show sharks in the water, and I believe the sea serpent from Windenburg makes an appearance too. I also saw somewhere in the forums that someone said there was a rose bush in one of the areas too, I wonder how many other plants there might be. So, it does look like they spent time making the world, and I think there will be nice opportunities for my artists and photographers to capture some nice paintings and photo’s for retail sale.

Overall, I’m just really glad that we got another city even if it is small, and doesn’t have a lot of features many of us wanted in it, instead of a generations pack without a town or city. I’m always needing more room for both families and community lots. This time I’m thinking I will most likely kick out all the residents and place my own people in the town. There are just too few lots for me to keep the premades in homes this time. I will leave them in the game, but not in lots….

I have seen a lot of people complaining that we have yet another American city, but I think people forget that we had a couple of years with covid and lockdowns where people didn’t do a lot of traveling far from home for a couple of years. Restaurants, gyms, spa’s, salons, and other recreation places were not open in many states ( especially California ) for a long while, and people tended to stay home or frequent open air places a lot, so like many other businesses in California, the sims had people working remotely from home. At least we have been getting worlds with each of our expansions and game packs, I praise the sim team for that.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    The neighborhoods in that world does seem rather large and the lots far away from each other. I prefer smaller neighborhoods myself, I think having the lots closer to each other is better, you can have specific theme and you can have things like playgrounds, plants, fishing spots and collectibles closer to the lots. They often also feel more alive if they have a lot of sims spawning.

One of my favorite neighborhoods that they made was the Spice District in San Myshuno, it doesn't offer much in terms of lots to build, but I do like that it's small, has a central area which a lot of sims spawn in and you can do different things there like playing basketball, buy food, watch street performers or perform yourself and there are also different events that will happen.

I think neighborhoods need a lot of that, otherwise they feel more like movie sets with empty areas where not much is going on.
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »
    They really need to return to the classic smaller neighborhoods, when they space out all the lots so far apart from another just to give the illusion of a bigger world, it feels more empty if they would instead just make a smaller more compact and dense neighborhood.

I actually like some worlds to have larger neighborhoods ( like a couple of the neighborhoods in Windenburg ), but instead of the fake houses, I would prefer them to have plants and collectibles.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    They really need to return to the classic smaller neighborhoods, when they space out all the lots so far apart from another just to give the illusion of a bigger world, it feels more empty if they would instead just make a smaller more compact and dense neighborhood.

I actually like some worlds to have larger neighborhoods ( like a couple of the neighborhoods in Windenburg ), but instead of the fake houses, I would prefer them to have plants and collectibles.

The houses are there to make the place look like a city, otherwise if it's just one lot plopped in the middle of a forest or field it would feel too much like Outdoor Retreat. Not saying that it would not be nice, but it would not be the same vibe. I would much rather just prefer regular lots placed next to one another like in the base game worlds where you can see neighbors and passersby from your lot and it makes sense to have your next door neighbour visit regularly. But I would not say no to some big open space beach type neighborhood with a huge beach to walk on not the tiny beach lots we currently have.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    I do like that Gilbert Garden does have the walking paths and the swimming/boating/jet ski area, and splash pad. I’m assuming we can also have our sims biking on these paths too. And there is a lake in Hopewell hills with a small pier where sims can fish from as well, and I assume our sims can bike or walk around that neighborhood as well, I was happy to see a picnic table, trash cans and Grill in the Gilbert Gardens area. I have also seen pictures of the warf area that show sharks in the water, and I believe the sea serpent from Windenburg makes an appearance too. I also saw somewhere in the forums that someone said there was a rose bush in one of the areas too, I wonder how many other plants there might be. So, it does look like they spent time making the world, and I think there will be nice opportunities for my artists and photographers to capture some nice paintings and photo’s for retail sale.

how can you keep canoes or aquazips in the water? When I arrive the next time, they are gone.

• Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @bandit5 It seems to work in my game. I do hope if it is broken it will be repaired because it is a very useful mod.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I built a townhouse in San Sequoia and finally took a look at the neighborhoods to decide where the house would go. It has a beautiful view from the deck in the back of the house, overlooking the water. But I found myself very disappointed in the world itself, as everywhere I looked I saw the fake backgrounds and very little else. I like that the theater is a rabbit hole. I would rather have rabbit holes where my sims can actually participate in and enjoy visiting buildings such as bookstores, grocery stores, and restaurants, even if rabbit holes like in Sims 3 than have them go to an area that looks beautiful but isn't functional. I feel the same way about Tartosa, which is beautiful but I only use it as vacation spot. In San Sequoia, I love the swimming area and the walking trails, as well as the splash pad park. However, I don't like these activities being tied to one world/pack. I want to be able to have my sims swim (Brindleton Bay would be an awesome place to swim!) and hike/group walk in any of the neighborhoods. I am very happy that I can build water pad parks anywhere, so thank you for that! I know we can replace existing lots with our own community builds, but there never seems to be enough lots for both residential and commercial. I do realize that I have to just accept it and continue to make a commercial area in Newcrest. I think Sims 2 & 3 spoiled me. I do love playing Sims 4, but still find myself disappointed at times in the way the "worlds" are done.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @SheriSim57 I agree with you. I am disappointed in the beautiful worlds with unplayable buildings. I would prefer rabbit holes such a bookstore, grocery store, restaurants like in Sims 3 than the emptiness of beautiful buildings that are only there to fill in a world.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    So my big project for the weekend was taking out the library and adding in a community space, per @EmmaVane's suggestion about making it into a four seasons festival lot, with one season devoted to each lot sub-type. It's a work in progress, but it has already made all the difference in the world to how lively downtown feels. I started with spring for the generic lot, then summer for the community garden, fall for the marketplace, and winter for the maker space, which I think worked out really well. I have art easels for every season, and garden pots for every season, to make up for the lack of both in the open world. There's also a photo booth for every season, sales booths, and a little area with a microphone and a guitar for live music.

Spring also has a swingset, lots of flower decor, meditation stools, and a little table with pink bubble bottles . Summer has the swingset and a few splash pads; I'd like to add in the ice cream stand from HSY, but if not, I may just stick an ice cream maker on a little table. Fall has a bonfire, extra sales tables and garden pots, a pumpkin carving station, and Patchy in a couple of spots; I still need to add more spooky decor. Winter has a bonfire, an iceskating rink, some non-functional Winterfest trees as decor, and a Winterfest tree to decorate for a community treelighting.

I still need to peruse debug items, which will hopefully give me even more to play with to make them truly seasonal. I'm also trying to decide whether any of the seasons need a food stand (or whether I should just hope for the seasonal food booths popping up in the open world eventually).

It's not perfect, and I really wish the lot was more like a 50x40, or at least a 40x40, so I would have more space for, like, the haunted house from HSY for fall. But even so, with the movie theater just across the street, it gives me big Isla Paradiso festival lot nostalgia vibes. So, I think after I replace the Robles house with a wedding venue, and add in a cafe or retail space to the empty lot on Manzanita Terrace, downtown will be much more interesting.

I think I saw someone post that you can actually add 2 food booths to an Eco Community lot.
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    Future wrote: »
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Sadly, San Sequoia isn't the only ghost town world. The outside spaces don't have many sims walking about because the sims spawn close to the active lots. Before the patch update I had downloaded a mod by weerbesu, that'll spawn sims to walk over a longer distance. Sims were actually walking through the carnival pier area. I wish they could get on rides by themselves and just interact with the objects in that area. I haven't put the mod back in my game yet after the update but at least you get to see sims walking around.

03-05-23-11-52-07-AM.png

Which pack added a carnival area??

High School Years

• Options
    edited March 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »

The houses are there to make the place look like a city, otherwise if it's just one lot plopped in the middle of a forest or field it would feel too much like Outdoor Retreat. Not saying that it would not be nice, but it would not be the same vibe. I would much rather just prefer regular lots placed next to one another like in the base game worlds where you can see neighbors and passersby from your lot and it makes sense to have your next door neighbour visit regularly. But I would not say no to some big open space beach type neighborhood with a huge beach to walk on not the tiny beach lots we currently have.

I don’t think the Hopewell hills area needed all of those fake houses…. It really seems more like a country type area where houses are spread out, few and far between, kind of like Petaluma used to be before developers took over the country part of the town and put in Subdivisions.

I understand fake houses for the warf area, but the real houses on actual lots in the warf area did not resemble the fake houses, and look out of place. That however can be changed if you have the building skill, or can find some gallery builds that fit the style of the tall thin (fake) houses.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I don’t think the Hopewell hills area needed all of those fake houses…. It really seems more like a country type area where houses are spread out, few and far between, kind of like Petaluma used to be before developers took over the country part of the town and put in Subdivisions.

I understand fake houses for the warf area, but the real houses on actual lots in the warf area did not resemble the fake houses, and look out of place. That however can be changed if you have the building skill, or can find some gallery builds that fit the style of the tall thin (fake) houses.

Hopewell Hills is meant to be suburbia, not some remote island with one house only on the lot. I prefer it like this instead of the huge lot in the middle of nowhere like we have in some of the worlds.
    The wharf area is so fake it's painful, there are not even chairs sims can sit on. The main thing that bothers me is that for a supposedly central downtown area it is rather deserted of sims. At least the lots attract sims on the lot while you are there so the area doesn't feel so empty. But I tried to play the piano in the park and no sim showed up to listen and tip. Also there is no festival, I guess we are meant to just ride the bikes in such large area. They could have at least added a bike race or something as a festival thing. Or a power walking marathon.