Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer the new dialogue tree?

I am still getting used to it but I think it’s better.

Do you prefer the new dialogue tree? 105 votes

Better
63% 67 votes
Worse
13% 14 votes
About the same
22% 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    It’s about the same you just have to look through all them to find what you need 😂
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I think that once I get used to it, I'll actually like it better. But for now I'm still clicking through a lot of menus to find the interaction I actually want, and it's never really clear if I just missed it, or if it's not there for a particular sim for whatever reason.
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    At first I didn't like it but I'm getting used to it.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think it's slightly better, but I'm still learning it. I used to have the menu where the first circle is suggestions based on how the convo is going, but I switched from that to the one where I get straight to the category menu. I did this because I want to be more conscious of the interaction type my sim is going for and also because it removes one extra click when I don't wish to use the suggested interactions.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I like it, but it will still take time to get used to it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I love it! It makes way more sense to me.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I am still getting used to it and it will take a while before I can easily find everything but with so many social interactions, it is great to have them organised.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I think it would be fine, but I find that a lot of interactions end up missing for some sims/situations. Like only the wife in my current household can lecture the pet for behaviors, which annoys me because the dog was her husbands pet before they married. I’ve tested without mods, and clicked me too on a bug report, hopefully it gets sorted out.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    It's a really good idea, but they need to include all the interactions in the tree somewhere. Some interactions (like Ask to be Boyfriend/Girlfriend) cannot be found anywhere in the subcategories if they don't pop up in the "front page". You have to click on a sim, hope the interaction appears on the front page, click off the sim to close the menu, repeat 10+ times until the interaction happens to appear.

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I like it. I was using a mod beforehand to organize the pie menus.

Now it's about learning where everything is, and so far I agree with how they've organized the interations. It makes sense.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I used to be able to take care of infants and toddlers with one click. Now I have to go through two menus to feed or change clothes. That's irritating, like Windows 11 forcing me to go through two menus to print a photo from file explorer instead of right-clicking and choosing print. Change =/= improvement. That said, in time once I start remembering which interactions are in which category I might like it, but right now it's an irritant.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I can use options that start with W without pausing the game now.
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Theres still a few often used socials I'm trying to ferret out, but I'm getting used to it.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I think it would be fine, but I find that a lot of interactions end up missing for some sims/situations. Like only the wife in my current household can lecture the pet for behaviors, which annoys me because the dog was her husbands pet before they married. I’ve tested without mods, and clicked me too on a bug report, hopefully it gets sorted out.

This happened with me but instead my sim wanted to hug her toddler but the interaction for hug wasn't coming up the way to complete the wish
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It's nice, though I wish certain options were in multiple categories. Like, why is cloud-gazing in Deep Thoughts? I couldn't find it for a good while because I didn't think it would be there. I guess they might have thoughtful convos at some points, but I feel like the hobby is more light-hearted and fun. You're not going to get much from it on average.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    I’m confused there’s a dialogue tree in the sims 4? Not sure if it’s what I’m thinking it is?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    I’m confused there’s a dialogue tree in the sims 4? Not sure if it’s what I’m thinking it is?
    Not completely sure what new dialogue tree means exactly, but I call it more like a newly arranged social menu. The interactions are now sorted by type and you click the type first to access the selection.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »

I think they call it the pie graph or something - where all the interactions are.
  • Options
    Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    I'm getting used to it. I guess because I'm so used to the old one it's hard adjusting, but I'm getting there slowly but surely.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    I enjoy the colorful icons next to the categories more than I enjoy the organization of it all. It will certainly take some getting used to to remember where things are and until then may lead to frustration.
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    It took some getting used to but now that I know where stuff is I’m finding it more intuitive.
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    It was fine the way it was. There are more important things that could have been fixed before they wasted time on the dialogue tree, imho.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm back after playing it for a while. I like the interaction bubbles but even after playing for a week, I'm having trouble finding things! However, I'm still giving it a chance.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Remembering how I used to loop through the same friendly menu 3-4 times and still not being able to find what I was looking for - the new menu is A LOT better. With some adjustment time this will be tons more efficient and tons less rage inducing.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Yes, I do like the new dialogue tree better. But with the new patch update to take out the loose tooth issue the patch broke my dialogue tree and I am back to the old type of tree. I did make an EA error report.