Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Official Countdown Thread ( Out Now!!!)

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    Got my giveaway code, installed, played a bit no problems so far :smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    What about people who have the EP installed and the game won't recognize it?
  • Options
    usualsuspectusualsuspect Posts: 76 Member
    I purchase it this afternoon. It shows In my Order history that I did buy it. Got confirmation. I have tried every trick listed in this thread but the game still comes up with only a Purchase option for me
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,907 Member
    edited March 2023
    The EA App is a hot mess. But I'm glad to see a lot more people are finally able to get it to download.
    Also where do I go to get my bonus content?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's under add-ons
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Also where do I go to get my bonus content?

Customer service says we have to wait for a solution.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited March 2023
    If you bought through ea app i think the bonus content is there you don't have to separately get it (at least thats how it was for me) but i don't know otherwise
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I purchase it this afternoon. It shows In my Order history that I did buy it. Got confirmation. I have tried every trick listed in this thread but the game still comes up with only a Purchase option for me

That happened to me and I had to buy it 2 times before it would download. I called my bank and they know there could (will) be an issue if EA charges me twice.

DarkLady2788 had the same happen but it was a pre-order. I bought mine today without a pre-order. You can see if what she tried works for you but when I tried it nothing worked for me except buying it again. See this thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007228/growing-together-download-error#latest
  • Options
    I really don't want to have to purchase again. I guess keep trying, sigh. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the EA App. Honestly, at this point I am so frustrated that even if by some miracle I get the pack to work, I'm way way too over stressed to even enjoy it.
  • Options
    ShrimeShrime Posts: 33 Member
    I really don't want to have to purchase again. I guess keep trying, sigh. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the EA App. Honestly, at this point I am so frustrated that even if by some miracle I get the pack to work, I'm way way too over stressed to even enjoy it.

Click manage on the Sims 4 then manage add-ons it let me download from there I hope it does for you too!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited March 2023
    mine is downloading now that I'm home I"ll have to make sure I have the promised extras.
    CYYRKij.png
    RE26m3C.png
    I did get the extras I didn't see them mentioned they were just there, I was not expecting that adorable toddler sleeping bag, also there is a little keepsake box to designate to elders and I can't wait to have grandparents to see how it works.
    Oh and I already used this post but something new for adoption <3
    Don't know if anyone mentioned but I was testing some things and grabbed a toddler and infant off the gallery as the family I picked didn't have youngins yet and you can adopt them, not just as care dependents.
    fLww56P.png
    fzqipX5.png
    lz07iT9.png
    Yes she is now his daughter and I just think that is so cute even though I have to toss this save.
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    I am beyond frustrated. Nothing works still. My Orders show completed, with no option to cancel. I went to Refunds, and it says I am not eligible. Support is no help other than telling me to be patient. I am so lost what to do next.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Did you restart everything from the app to your computer also did you cancel the ea app in yourcomputers task manager?
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    I am beyond frustrated. Nothing works still. My Orders show completed, with no option to cancel. I went to Refunds, and it says I am not eligible. Support is no help other than telling me to be patient. I am so lost what to do next.

I got mine fixed. I'd hate to say order twice and EA not fixing it but I got it to download on the second purchase and got the first refunded when I talked to EA chat. I only needed to give them my email and they saw the 2 charges. I also attached a word pad file of both emails in the help request. You can try here and talk to the chat. The links are in mate54's post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Double-Charged-for-Sims-4-Growing-Together-No-Option-to-Download/m-p/12392698#M246504
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I got mine fixed. I'd hate to say order twice and EA not fixing it but I got it to download on the second purchase and got the first refunded when I talked to EA chat. I only needed to give them my email and they saw the 2 charges. I also attached a word pad file of both emails in the help request. You can try here and talk to the chat. The links are in mate54's post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Double-Charged-for-Sims-4-Growing-Together-No-Option-to-Download/m-p/12392698#M246504

Does this work if you already have the pack installed but the game doesn't know it's installed?
  • Options
    Did you restart everything from the app to your computer also did you cancel the ea app in yourcomputers task manager?

Yes, I did all that at least a dozen times. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the EA App.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    mine is downloading now that I'm home I"ll have to make sure I have the promised extras.
    CYYRKij.png
    RE26m3C.png
    I did get the extras I didn't see them mentioned they were just there, I was not expecting that adorable toddler sleeping bag, also there is a little keepsake box to designate to elders and I can't wait to have grandparents to see how it works.
    Oh and I already used this post but something new for adoption <3
    Don't know if anyone mentioned but I was testing some things and grabbed a toddler and infant off the gallery as the family I picked didn't have youngins yet and you can adopt them, not just as care dependents.
    fLww56P.png
    fzqipX5.png
    lz07iT9.png
    Yes she is now his daughter and I just think that is so cute even though I have to toss this save.

Interesting. Is it only toddlers you can adopt this way?
  • Options
    toddlers, infants, and children can be adopted this way.

as for the issues I think you may have to wait I am not entirely sure what else to try except removing the game keeping it off and trying again tomorrow @usualsuspect
    @catloverplayer will it let you unistall now and reinstall? How many times have you restarted?
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,235 Member

This is a shocking situation and others are reporting similar, bought and paid for but not showing as playable. If you bought using a credit card contact your bank and get a charge back. If all else fails take it to the press, kick up a stink.
  • Options
    Scrapdash wrote: »

This is a shocking situation and others are reporting similar, bought and paid for but not showing as playable. If you bought using a credit card contact your bank and get a charge back. If all else fails take it to the press, kick up a stink.

I used PayPal. If not resolved in a few days, I will file a report with PayPal.
  • Options
    I heard some people were having trouble with paypal specifically and needed to cancel and use their cards instead.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited March 2023
    I still cannot download the pack. :s When I load the game, it says I own the pack, and to download it. I have NO option under Manage Add-ons to download the pack. EA Help cannot help me because they're having "technical difficulties" and cannot access my account. I do not want to have to go the route of asking for a refund from Amazon because 1. They're a trusted seller 2. The code worked, it says I own the game 3. This problem originates with EA's app, not Amazon. Plus, it can be really difficult to reach a live person at Amazon for a refund!

@EA_Cade, am I ever going to get help with this pack?

Nevermind. My frustration level is through the roof so I gave up and asked Amazon to cancel the order. I'm taking a break from Sims. Maybe I'll be back next month.
    Post edited by Cabelle1863 on
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Does this work if you already have the pack installed but the game doesn't know it's installed?

I don't know but if you use the EA chat the service should be quick. I was number 39 when I started the chat and within 10 minutes they had got to me. I would use the bottom link in mate54's post and contact EA through chat. They should be able to help.

edit @catloverplayer I found this link maybe try the suggestions.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/DLC-installed-but-not-in-the-game-PC/m-p/12392832#M246556

My idea that may work is to install origin and let it do it's repair of the game before re-installing the EA app. I had to use origin to repair the game when the EA app couldn't. If you do that windows defender will (may) deny the EA app use on your computer after it deletes the origin files. Then use google to find out how to allow to run the EA app in windows defender.
  • Options
    grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    I had all the problems that all of you are reporting. If you can get your Sims 4 game to show in the app, click it and start your game. When I did this GrT was already installed even though I have the automatic download turned off. My download button stayed grey the whole time. My library of games was totally gone, I could not sign in to app, all of what you guys are reporting. Finally all I could get to show up was my Sims 4 so I clicked it and the game opened up and Growing Together was there. The game had already downloaded and it was ready to play to my surprise. Everything works fine. There was nothing in the app that showed it had been downloaded already. In fact it said I needed to purchase again. Don't know if this will work for everyone, but it did for me, so just thought I would pass it on. Just thought I would mention that I purchased the game 1 hour before it released. Hope this helps some of you.
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    I'm still not able to download it even after doing every suggestion here. I contacted ea help and was told that there are a number of people still experiencing this issue and that they are working on a fix and to keep and eye on social media to see when it gets addressed. So I hope this is the case and it doesn't take too long. This is the first time I have ever had any problems downloading a game or EP. And it had to be one I was really looking forward to as well. :(
  • Options
    cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    I'm stuck in the same boat, except I was able to download GT just fine but it won't install. According to the app it's in my library and I can play it but the files aren't there in Origin Games and the game says GT content is unavailable. I repaired (it reinstalled everything except GT), signed out and back in, cleared the app cache, nothing works. I asked about a refund and the EA chat guy said to wait.

IMO EA needs to do something to compensate players for this massive screwup.
    cmarNYC on MTS.