Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Growing Together

First of all, the big one -- Are infants controllable? That is, can an infant be the active Sim, like a toddler?

Will we be able to age up our infants?

Do quirks come automatically, or do infants and toddlers gain them with certain behaviors?

Are Sims with high parenting skill better at teaching infants how to crawl, sit up, etc.?

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @MVWdeZT I'm sorry, but there's not much info about infants yet. There's a livestream on march 3rd to go over the pack so they'll hopefully answer at least some of those questions. And they'll likely release a gameplay trailer before then which might help too.
  • Options
    GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    There's not much info yet, nothing's been said, so nothing is definite, but there are some clues:

In the Twitch stream video, there was an almost invisible plumbob over one infant's head.

7GNnZlJ.jpg

Also, if you look at the news sites they're posting images of infants in CAS. Example: https://simscommunity.info/2023/02/01/sims-4-infants-everything-we-know/

What it means, I don't know for sure. But it leads me to start taking some guesses.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Regarding the quirks, when specifically talking about toddler quirks they said they were ‘discoverable’. I think most people think this means they’ll just be acquired as you play the game, like lifestyles. But not sure if that applies to infants or not.

As others have said, they really haven’t said too much and we can only really guess.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Both infants and toddlers get quirks, from what I understand - and they pull from 2 different sets. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited February 2023
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    First of all, the big one -- Are infants controllable? That is, can an infant be the active Sim, like a toddler?

Do quirks come automatically, or do infants and toddlers gain them with certain behaviors?

Are Sims with high parenting skill better at teaching infants how to crawl, sit up, etc.?

I'm curious about what quirks to which you refer? The only quirks I'm aware of in this game come with being a Celebrity. Could you please be more specific?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Infants and toddlers will have quirks with the new update.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

I'm curious about what quirks to which you refer? The only quirks I'm aware of in this game come with being a Celebrity. Could you please be more specific?

From the Growing Together blog post:
    We are also adding 18 discoverable Infant Quirks that change an infant’s behavior. With three Quirks per infant, each infant is bound to be unique! Some quirks include: Self-soother, Early Rise, Messy Eater, Frequently Hiccups, Gassy, Good Appetite, Snuggly Sleeper, Happy Spitter, Free-Air Tinkler and more.
    Toddlers are getting quite the update in this pack. As with Infants, we are adding 18 discoverable Toddler Quirks that change a Toddler’s behavior. These are discovered over time and make each Toddler unique, beyond their traits! Some examples include: Aggressive, Picky Eater, Early Riser, Little Singer, Good Appetite, Loves Water, Hates Bedtime, Loves being Carried and more.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited February 2023

We are also adding 18 discoverable Infant Quirks that change an infant’s behavior. With three Quirks per infant, each infant is bound to be unique! Some quirks include: Self-soother, Early Rise, Messy Eater, Frequently Hiccups, Gassy, Good Appetite, Snuggly Sleeper, Happy Spitter, Free-Air Tinkler and more.

From the official Expansion blog post:
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/news/the-sims-4-grow-together-guided-tour
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Now that the pack is out and im debating if i should start a new legacy save or continue my current one i have a question.

If I continue my current legacy and I want the new family dynamics of the new pack incorporated with current rotational generations would I have to use a mod to fix and tweak them to my liking? Or do they update as the gameplay processes?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Now that the pack is out and im debating if i should start a new legacy save or continue my current one i have a question.

If I continue my current legacy and I want the new family dynamics of the new pack incorporated with current rotational generations would I have to use a mod to fix and tweak them to my liking? Or do they update as the gameplay processes?

They will update with gameplay. You get a pop up and can choose if you want the dynamic that would fit based on interactions.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Anyone know where the movie theater is? Cant find it in the new world or in my gallery. :|
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited March 2023
    Did anyone have my problem? my sim ended up getting married to two at the same time.. but I thought you can't do that without a mod? I have no CC's or Mods in right now.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Anyone know where the movie theater is? Cant find it in the new world or in my gallery. :|

Don't have the pack yet, but I would look in the Wharf hood.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Can you adopt a baby that already has a parent?