Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @Brd709
    Jayce and Daisy looked so defeated with the triplets around them. Originally, I wanted my main twins to be triplets, but when Arihi had twins… After doing everything possible to increase the chances of trips without cheats, I went with it.

The trips will be handful in the future. I know that twin merboys were and are difficult to keep up with.

Are you sure giving up the Gym will be enough? To raise my twins, I created an entirely new floor of the house. :D

Also, go easy on yourself. Weddings are a challenge and there are more people than you know that run late. I’ve assisted customers with buying formal attire an hour before a wedding. Things happen.

Before the triplets came around, Daisy had their room as a gym. Jayce's son has one room and there is one spare bedroom left. They have four bedrooms (just as the house in real life does)

I didn't do anything drastic with my sim self! I was just a bit disappointed he didn't show, even when i had Jayce invite him to hang out at current lot several times.

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    Hopefully there won’t be many issues when Growing Together comes out. 🤞
  • Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Cleveland: The family from The Sims 2 is now in part 4 form.

The most interesting thing is Justin's (the teen son) adventures in love. At first he had a crush on Cassandra Goth, but she rejected his attempts to ask her out three times.
    03-11-23-8-55-11-PM.png

Then there was a failed attempt to woo Sabrina Spellman (Sabrina the Teenage Witch). It might've helped if he didn't use her bathtub.
    03-12-23-12-09-07-PM.png

Here's him trying to dance with Lilith Pleasant and dropping her.
    03-12-23-12-18-15-PM.png

His current crush is Fu from Persona 3. Sadly, their dates have gone nowhere.
    03-11-23-9-59-06-PM.png

Finally, here's his new little sister, Clara.
    03-14-23-7-09-14-PM.png
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited March 2023
    Residents of Greater Pleasantview were horrified when King Jeff Pleasant died of old age in the middle of a national address. Not only was the sight itself grusome, but the question of succession had never quite been settled. The Ruling Council quickly convened and elected the King's son Paul to succeed him. He was the natural and obvious choice, but in his youth had been exiled from court for his frequent partying. Humiliated, young Paul changed his last name from Pleasant to Prince, and had made a success of himself in the big city of San Myshuno as a restaurant and bar owner, who maintained an active SimTube presence and was a minor celebrity. Over the years, as the King recognized his growing maturity, Paul was accepted back to court and even became a member of the Ruling Council -- but the shadow of that early rejection still hung over him, and many wondered what direction the council would go. They chose Paul over his intelligent but supremely socially awkward and disinterested older sister Princess Margaret; his celebrity billionaire younger sister Princess Sarah who is rumored to be so self-obsessed she lives in a mansion filled with portraits of herself; and his grand-niece Lady Eleanor, a young woman of remarkable talents. Granted, being a great-grandaughter of the king, hers was a long shot. King Paul quickly dealt with an attempt by his exiled, outlaw brother Daniel Wildfang to seize the Pleasant home, and rescued the late king's young widow and some of the younger children from Wildfang's sinister clutches.

Since taking the throne, he's proven an adept administrator and popular leader. Unlike his father, who only called together the Ruling Council in his age when he was old and increasingly infeebled, King Paul knows the value of that team and summons them every week. His grandniece and grandnephew, Lady Eleanor and Sir Richard, are his right and left hands: Lady Eleanor is a brilliant mechanical engineer, the creator of the first sentient android, and Sir Richard is an accomplished scientist who rumor has it has mastered the art of sim-cloning. The Ruling Council, which is defined to only eight persons, does not yet have any of the king's children on there, though he's known to confide in his eldest daughter Isabella on a regular basis. It will be interesting to see which of the three sons establishes himself as the worthy heir, since the King is no spring chicken. King Paul has also enforced a dress code on all those in his household, maintaining that the royal family must comport itself with dignity.

27dHUbN.jpg
    The youngest, Prince Zachary, looks very much like his father the king; Prince Alexander, the oldest male, would ordinarily have the nod if he were interested at all; and Prince Morgan is his father's favorite but suffered a loss of face upon becoming a teenager. "Great for poker, bad for public speaking," his father mused.

Pyru0j9.jpg
    Fortunately, after growing up and being established in his own house and in an arranged marriage to Annabelle Weiss, Prince Morgan's face reappeared.

zOgYngl.jpg
    And then there's....the other son, whose name I forget. I don't think it's Achilles or Ajax, they're still toddlers. Prince I-Forgot very much resembles his other grandfather, Raj Odin Bharma, whose own royal line merged with the Pleasants a generation ago.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well, after I played a little of my Test playing household in my Testing Game Save, I decided to check on my Cleopatra household in my Ancient Times Game Save.
    And Wow!! :* Her baby was no longer a pale ivory skintone, he actually had his Mommy's skintone, way too cool. B) So, I age him from a newborn into an older baby & fixed him up in CAS with outfits that might look like baby clothes ancient outfits. Then I turned Cleopatra's Hubby, into a "Great Caesar's Ghost!" Yup, so had to say that. :D
    After that I so had to add Mark Anthony into the Household so that Cleopatra can befriend, fall-in-love & elope with him. <3 And yes it actually is possible for a sim to be married to more than one sim in the gameplay in Vanilla. >:)<3 The CAS however only shows her being engaged to him. :/
    Anyways, now she is pregnant again, except this time Mark Anthony is the father of her 2nd Baby. <3 Oh, I made sure that her 1st Hubby can no long woohoo or get anyone pregnant anymore. After all he is a Ghost. :D
  • Options
    SimminDragonSimminDragon Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2023
    I think some romance simmers may appreciate this. My sim with no fame went out on a date using lupinou's mix and mingle dating app mod. Things were not going well at all. They were at a cafe standing at the counter waiting for their orders. When a hot global superstar blindsided me and my sim with the enchanting/beguiling introduction he gives my sim. First time I have seen an NPC use that anonymously let alone an untouchable will not talk to you superstar. They did not know each other beforehand either. Well, my sim ditched her first date, and went out with the superstar. I just wanted to share with someone.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    edited March 2023
    The saga of my broken game had a completely unexpected cause. It nothing to do with the update or any of the issues I had trying to play offline, it was 5 cabinets I installed in the movie set build. I put my backup saves folder in and went to work redoing everything I lost. Yesterday morning one of the last things I did before I quit to get ready for work was to install those cabinets. It turns out the problem I had with the missing mirror was tied to that also. In order for the Maxis made cabinets to show up in my game I have to turn off CC and script mods, so I did. Once I had them installed I turned CC back on. That was when I noticed the missing mirror and that I had to delete some clutter to make the mirror work. I didn't pay attention to the thumbnail for 'Resume'.

When I starting redoing my work last night I started with those cabinets. After I turned CC back on I noticed that Harley's picture in the Resume button was bald and naked again. So I took the backup save folder back out and got the original back from the trash. I deleted the most recent save point and lo and behold nobody was bald, naked, and shoeless anymore. And as a bonus all of my work on those two rooms was back, clutter and all, just the way I had it before that mess. I still needed to accept the update because that glitch with the cabinets borked my entire game and I had to do a repair to fix the damage. Even Under The Tartosan Sun where I wasn't using those cabinets was plagued with naked, bald, shoeless sims. So later today I need to submit a bug report for those cabinets. I first noticed the problem over the weekend when I was building Scoopy Doo's. Since I was going to put it on the gallery I didn't use any cc, but the cc cabinets are the only ones showing up in my game.

Just when you think you've seen it all, this game reminds you just how fragile and flaky it is.🤣 In the end I didn't lose anything, my game is right back where it was before I installed those infernal cabinets. Well I did lose a day trying to fix it.🙄
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Lucy_Henley, page 1126.
    Thank you!

I have the patch, and I have pre ordered Growing Together. Looking forward to the new cas and new world.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Leila_Leila_ Posts: 421 Member
    i brought a new house as Leila and Josh are having a baby! My sister has helped me get this far in Sims as I have a daughter myself so It's tricky finding time to play but, when I can play I enjoy it. I made the baby room all modern with brown cot and brown flooring, I really pleased with myself :))
  • Options
    OMG! Leila just gave birth to two boys! so cute :)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Just when you think you've seen it all, this game reminds you just how fragile and flaky it is.🤣 In the end I didn't lose anything, my game is right back where it was before I installed those infernal cabinets. Well I did lose a day trying to fix it.🙄

Aww, there will always be new surprises, like I had once just one color swatch of the object what caused all the havoc :s
    Im happy you got all working <3

JEpwDHH.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    I got a question, do I grow up the babies or do I leave them? I don't know what to do!
  • Options

Aww, there will always be new surprises, like I had once just one color swatch of the object what caused all the havoc :s
    Im happy you got all working <3

JEpwDHH.png

It is amazing how such small seemingly innocent objects can cause such widespread chaos in the game😲
  • Options
    sim is pregnant again.. the family is going to be a family of 5!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    So, I can’t play the Sims without updating it seems… Should I take the plunge and see what happens? What should I do to protect my existing saves?

Back them up! I just made a copy of my vanilla save to test mods. I tested two pieces of cc both of which failed. Pointed ears. Spock sure looks funny with human ears, but it no one steps up to make another cc of pointed ears, I'm vaporized.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @Metior_Ice Glad you enjoyed the update. I am only on this thread, when it applies to actual stories. They begin on page 1111 (3- chapters). 2-chapters on page 11112; one on page 1114, two on page 1115, two on page 1118 and the latest one on page 1119. I haven't written up anything else, thus far. Wind got blown out of my sails. I made a copy of my current vanilla copy to test mods with. I'm giving myself today for that. It may very well be a rough day. :'(

ETA: I misread my own chart, go figure. There are two more updates on page 1122.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    The MCCC has a hot fix that works for me, so I’m actually not experiencing any problems. Granted, I was testing the mods and not spending as much time playing.

But, the game isn’t crashing, there are no unusual behaviors I can identify so far, and everything I use mods for appear to be working fine. My merfolk have their tails so half their body isn’t missing. I haven’t used the pose player, but I don’t think I will have any issues.

Things are looking good right now. I hope everyone gets things working again soon.

Which hotfix would that be? Be very careful. I just checked the Discord and no hotfix is being touted. On the brighter side, for me, though, Sacrificial says he's tested his mods and they don't seem to be affected. I just put Road to Fame back in my game to test it. Let's hope he's right. I can play without MCCC, although I'd rather not. I need RTF. Bad enough the pointed ears cc, both of them, aren't functioning. Growl.
  • Options
    Not much happened in my game today except my adult sim kept picking the infant up and putting her down again when the infant needed feeding....

She then just left the kid outside and had a shower-

Hate to say this, but it's reminiscent of the whole highchair drama they said got fixed. Oi! Transference? I don't yet have a baby in my game. Working on it.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Praise Jeebus! That was scary, but I fixed my game...at the expense of everything I did last night and this morning. How ironic that it wasn't the update that broke it, it was my trying to play offline to avoid the update that broke everything.

I guess I should have made my backups this morning not yesterday morning.🤣 At least I have screenshots of the work I did on the movie set this morning to look at to put it back the way it was.😉

Oh, I am so very sorry that happened to you. It's like how I rushed making the backup for that tiny patch on 28 Jan. some touted to be the Patch. Oi. So glad I backed up my entire Sims 4 folder last Saturday when I was in a rather calm mood. (Cool, calm, collected.) That's safely tucked away on a Flash Drive, or are they called Thumb drives, these days? I can never keep them straight. Keep your spirits up and save the work to your My Library as you go. Or is that wiped out, too? :open_mouth:

@DaniRose2143 Great news you were able to recover your game! I am so very happy for you I could cry.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Not heard of any major, game breaking bugs which is great! I’m really looking forward to getting the new pack and playing with William and Barbara! There aren’t going to be any infants in the Masterson save for ages, Erytheia and Xanthe are only about halfway through the teen stage. Infants seem freaking adorable.

Well, I'm uncertain what it was, but the wedding was totally glitchy in my game, worse than it ever was before. I am going to do a game repair, that some suggest is a good thing to do after patches. I did get some cool screenshots, though.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    edited March 2023

I just checked the Discord and no hotfix is being touted.

Hotfix, MC Command Center 2023.1.1 , has been for several hours.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-2023-80029104
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > Well, I'm uncertain what it was, but the wedding was totally glitchy in my game, worse than it ever was before. I am going to do a game repair, that some suggest is a good thing to do after patches. I did get some cool screenshots, though.

how do you make friends on PC sims? sorry, I was trying to plan the wedding but had no friends haha
  • Options
    I am going to be re starting my game, things are hectic. I love sims!
  • Options
    Praise Jeebus! That was scary, but I fixed my game...at the expense of everything I did last night and this morning. How ironic that it wasn't the update that broke it, it was my trying to play offline to avoid the update that broke everything.

I guess I should have made my backups this morning not yesterday morning.🤣 At least I have screenshots of the work I did on the movie set this morning to look at to put it back the way it was.😉

Oh, I am so very sorry that happened to you. It's like how I rushed making the backup for that tiny patch on 28 Jan. some touted to be the Patch. Oi. So glad I backed up my entire Sims 4 folder last Saturday when I was in a rather calm mood. (Cool, calm, collected.) That's safely tucked away on a Flash Drive, or are they called Thumb drives, these days? I can never keep them straight. Keep your spirits up and save the work to your My Library as you go. Or is that wiped out, too? :open_mouth:

Everything is safe now. Once I deleted the save point where I added the cabinets and then repaired my game everything was back the way it was before. At one point I was thinking about how I would start over if I had to. Thankfully I didn’t have to.😁
  • Options
    edited March 2023

I just checked the Discord and no hotfix is being touted.

Hotfix, MC Command Center 2023.1.1 , has been for several hours.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-2023-80029104

Thank you! I know Deaderpool uses the Curseforge thing, so I wonder if that's why there was no announcement on his Discord? Sadness. But, thank you for supplying the link! I've got the new one installed, (AND i even remembered to pull my setting.cfg file from the older version before I deleted it.) :) Sacrificial has said his mods are okay, after he tested them. SNB and SNB-BILLS is deemed compatible, too. I'm going to test them for myself using the copy of my vanilla file, before I start playing my original save. Wish me luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top