Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much do you edit your born in game sims?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I play with the parent's genetics and keep going till I get a Sim that looks decent as a teen and work from there making slight changes to the face then revert to toddler giving it eyelashes and normal eyebrows not the base game ones making it's sure genetic features like eye color match some family member be it parent or grandparent.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited March 2023
    For sims born in game I always edit clothing and hairstyles. I occasionally edit the haircolours, mostly to the hair colour of the other parent. I never change the facial structure, my sims are who they are.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I will know from the sim's extra DNA-string (in my spreadsheet) whether they should have some freckles, how much hair they grow etc, so I will only adjust hair length and skin details. And normally just their everyday outfit. I never adjust the looks of my sims, not even the eyebrows. I really think some eyebrows should be adjusted, but I learn to accept them, LOL. *Looking at you, Crown Princess Emireza*
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I will generally only touch makeup, hairstyle, and clothes. I can sculpt a sims body with exercise and food(it's one of the coolest features in the game). Overall, I've been really happy with the born in game sims lately. Someone at EA made a really good adjustment and townies look much better too. CAS DNA Sims can be really exceptional as well.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I only edit hair and cosmetics. Nothing in CAS. I just go with the luck of the draw, just like real life.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I don't, really. I give them a whole new wardrobe because, face it, some of the clothing our Sims spontaneously end up in is simply atrocious. The only fiddling I will do with their looks, is if there is supposed to be a set of identical twins. I will decide which one I think looks better and then clone that one, deleting the non-identical twin.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    If they're born in the game, I edit their faces/bodies little to not at all.

I only fix things that are technical issues, like the fact that Caleb Vatore's children are all born with weirdly tiny eyes, even though his eyes are a normal size. I boost his kids' eyes up to normal, and that's it. Jacob Volkov's first three children got his nose, and all of them kept it. His fourth child may have been made with CAS genetics (it took a long time to get mom's nose), but her siblings got the three best names, so everyone's even, lol.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Well, the cc preset eyes and lips that I tend to use on my female sims looks wonky on male sims. So if my male child inherits them, then I try to edit their eyes and mouth to look more like the father. Other than that, I may change their eye and hair color (both genders)
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Always adjust clothes and hair. It's rare that I'll fiddle with their genetics, but if they have a kid that looks less than mm....playable, then in future I might let them have kids by using CAS to play with genetics until I roll one who looks like someone I'm OK staring at for hours.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    This thread make me feel like the odd one out.

Everything is fair game. I turn on cas.fulleditmode and go to town. I try to keep their uniqueness and not overly edit. If something looks odd or disproportionate I tweak to what I think looks best.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]