Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumoured SDX Sleepwear Set

Comments

• Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    As someone who has purchased pretty much everything Sims has tried to sell me(except kits) since sims 1, at full price... this feels like a slap in the face. I don't play on console, I don't believe in sub services. Perhaps I am no longer the target audience and should take my money somewhere else.

I feel the absolute same. I've bought every sims game since sims 1 and I feel cheated. I'm thinking of cancelling my preorder for the new pack and just finding a new game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I really like the one on the cover and the socks as well. I wish this was available for all players granted I play the game on PS5 and PC I'm still not an EA Play subscriber.The base game still needs more sleepwear even after the Simtements Kit. Maybe it will be on PC soon but I don't like the idea of having it locked behind a paywall.I would love this set.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all,

I understand the FOMO, but here's just a small selection of items that PC players have had that console players still don't:
    • Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Awesome Animal Hats (all PC players got this free)
    • Mods
    Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.

Oh yeah that's right I had forgot us console players don't have that Family Portrait.
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Just bring back the stuff pack and get rid of all this other mini stuff.
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    I thought they said that there will be monthly sdx ? 2 months have gone and no sdx :/ did they not say that?? Back in October??
  • Options
    Kai252018 wrote: »
    I thought they said that there will be monthly sdx ? 2 months have gone and no sdx :/ did they not say that?? Back in October??

Yes they said it.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    they will deny it lol
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    Hey all,

I understand the FOMO, but here's just a small selection of items that PC players have had that console players still don't:
    • Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods
    Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.

I have no issue for you guys making some items for consoles .What I don't understand is why that you made it exclusellvally for people who have ea play?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hey all,

• Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods

I have no issue with them getting something we don't have but I don't like that its a sub
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    i don't care either way if you make for consoles is ok.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm sorry for being informed of the exclusive for PC players and I don't feel superior to my gameplay platform at all.
    I hope you all know that EA play subscription for a month is more expensive than one kit.
    I've spent so much money and still can't get it all.
    Please give back all PC-by mistake-exclusive content for console players which is not due to a technical issue.
    Sleepwear? Who cares? They are out of my perception of beauty.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited March 2023
    Starfree wrote: »
    @GalacticGal eh, I don't mind. The way I see it we PC players have access to all the cool mods & cc so it's only fair they get something for themselves. I *do* agree, however, that they should have given a reason why (ie console anniversary, etc).
    I have played sims 4 on pc since the first year it came out. I don’t use CC, but I buy all the packs and kits. I’m not going to get a subscription service for the sims 4. I left a subscription service to buy sims 4 and the packs. I own them all, and now they are putting content behind pay walls. Well I guess you live and learn. It’s sad that I was finally going to get a complete set of a sims series….. looks like not anymore. It’s pretty bad when you can’t even buy things outright anymore. I’m on a fixed income now, I don’t rent, I buy things…. Now, I can’t even do that with this pajama set. I feel like I am being punished for buying all the game packs and kits….. now I can’t even buy the pajamas……if they keep doing this, it looks like this may be my last sims game….. so sad….. a few years ago I splurged for a nice gaming laptop for this game. I will probably not be doing that for sims 5 if it is going to be subscription. looks like I will have to be looking for other simulation games.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 62 Member
    *cough* PATREON *cough*

EA has surely been observing the aggressive monetization of CC over the past few years. Nothing like new content locked behind a subscription, am I right or am I right?! It's like an unstoppable tumor, and it'll only keep growing.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    In the first Sims Summit we were promised an SDX monthly. That promise has been broken. It didn't have to be the pajamas. It could have been anything. I just think EA should stop making promises.

I hate that I'm feeling disappointed when I've been so excited about infants and the new pack. I don't know why I'm so down about it. On PC, I can go download CC pajamas whenever I want.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    oh and guys this is there testing ground for making sims 5 a pay to play sub and also them trying to see how much trouble they'll get in for doing it to sims 4 well ea Your In Trouble if you do this to any game play in sims 4 I walk I meant what I said about sims 5 I will not play if its sub
    based and the same goes for sims 4 and I buy all my packs when they first come out and I have all sims 4 packs if you make sims 4 sub based you can kiss my money goodbye and others will do the same ask yourself this ea do you feel lucky is stuff like this really worth losing your paying costumer over because we have other hobbies you were just one of them

Well I don't really have other longtime hobbies :lol: but I guess I'll need to find some for I'm not gonna stay playing if it gets all subscriptions and time limits n whatever exclusive nonsense I will simply exclude myself because shockingly enough I'm not actually billionaire
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »
    oh and guys this is there testing ground for making sims 5 a pay to play sub and also them trying to see how much trouble they'll get in for doing it to sims 4 well ea Your In Trouble if you do this to any game play in sims 4 I walk I meant what I said about sims 5 I will not play if its sub
    based and the same goes for sims 4 and I buy all my packs when they first come out and I have all sims 4 packs if you make sims 4 sub based you can kiss my money goodbye and others will do the same ask yourself this ea do you feel lucky is stuff like this really worth losing your paying costumer over because we have other hobbies you were just one of them

Well I don't really have other longtime hobbies :lol: but I guess I'll need to find some for I'm not gonna stay playing if it gets all subscriptions and time limits n whatever exclusive nonsense I will simply exclude myself because shockingly enough I'm not actually billionaire

oh its real easy to find other hobbies and games I would say I would miss the sims but that's not true if they charge me monthly
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hey all,

• Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods

Oh yeah that's right I had forgot us console players don't have that Family Portrait.

I don’t have the family portrait either because I don’t play sims mobile, and I paid to buy the animal hats, I don’t use mods or CC because, I don’t want to wait for them to be updated, and I don’t want to have to worry about bugs caused by them. I don’t really care for the Gnomes….,, but I would really love to have the matching pajamas, I don’t even mind paying for them, I never minded that people got free clothes and hairstyles that I paid for, or that they are getting a basegame free that I paid for. But I do mind that I can’t even pay to buy the matching pajamas. I feel like I’m being punished. Being a business major who concentrated in marketing, I think this is a terrible strategy. I won’t buy a subscription service to get what I should be able to buy outright. I have paid full price for most of the packs I have bought, and I didn’t really mind doing that. But now I’m being punished for being a good sims customer….. bad strategy in my opinion. If the sims is going to operate this way they are going to lose a lot of faithful customers who have paid to make them successful….

We were not told we would have to pay for a subscription to get the content for the sims 4 when it began., I feel like I am being cheated. Like I am being stolen from….. bad strategy….. a great way to make those who have absolutely loved the sims feel like they are now being cheated….

This whole pajama stuff being locked behind a paywall has made me lose my enthusiasm for infants and and the new EP….I’m upset, it’s bad enough to have a few bugs that they can’t fix, but I figure the guru’s are trying. I hope whoever’s decision this was to put these things behind paywalls feels just as cheated as I do when they lose their job over a horrible marketing decision…
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,436 Member
    Hey all,

• Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods

I am on pc and also don't have the family portrait. I wish there was some way to get it in my game. I would even install out sims mobile to unlock it. But this one time offer was never repeated. I wish they would repeat it for All players.

As for the pyjamas, they would definitely have been nice but I can do without. What worries me is the principle. This opens the door for withholding other content from a certain player group based on platform. And that goes both ways. Console players should also be able to get the items created by EA in the list above. I can't think of no reason why this is not available for console players? I thought we all played the same game?
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    The content has been created. What stops EA from giving it out to loyal PC players who support them for years?
    I was so looking forward to this rumored SDX drop... :'(
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Hey all,

• Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods

I am on pc and also don't have the family portrait. I wish there was some way to get it in my game. I would even install out sims mobile to unlock it. But this one time offer was never repeated. I wish they would repeat it for All players.

As for the pyjamas, they would definitely have been nice but I can do without. What worries me is the principle. This opens the door for withholding other content from a certain player group based on platform. And that goes both ways. Console players should also be able to get the items created by EA in the list above. I can't think of no reason why this is not available for console players? I thought we all played the same game?

There is a CC version of the family portrait.

https://sims4studio.com/thread/13060/glassplumbob

The pyjamas will probably become available as CC as some point too.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 170 Member
    I personally don't care about the pajama set, but I really don't like the direction this could go. What if it would be a very useful and needed gameplay item locked behind some subscription to EA Play?

I am NOT willing to subscribe to anything that I don't need, even if I have the money to do so. That's for sure! I love the Sims 4, but this is a terrible idea.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I don't like this idea but I guess this is like how Amazon prime gives exclusive gaming content including free EA Games. I have most of the games that I would play on EA play for free that way, so a subscriptionn now doesn't seem worth it to me for what they have to offer.

I suppose a subscription service makes sense if you play lots of games and don't mind if, at some point, your favourite game is no longer part of their subscription service. I'm not even sure why a subscription would be needed for the Sims 4 since basegame is already free.

Yeah, You're right Sims 4 base game is even free now, they've given away free games through Amazon Prime and Epic Games but I get some free games and don't even play them. I tend to stick to playing The Sims 4. I know it's a game where you really invest your time being creative, not a good idea to go subscription base route and like someone mentioned I don't want this to become the norm either.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I don't like this idea but I guess this is like how Amazon prime gives exclusive gaming content including free EA Games. I have most of the games that I would play on EA play for free that way, so a subscriptionn now doesn't seem worth it to me for what they have to offer.

I suppose a subscription service makes sense if you play lots of games and don't mind if, at some point, your favourite game is no longer part of their subscription service. I'm not even sure why a subscription would be needed for the Sims 4 since basegame is already free.

Yeah, You're right Sims 4 base game is even free now, they've given away free games through Amazon Prime and Epic Games but I get some free games and don't even play them. I tend to stick to playing The Sims 4. I know it's a game where you really invest your time being creative, not a good idea to go subscription base route and like someone mentioned I don't want this to become the norm either.

The issue I have with subscription systems is that they usually don't keep up the good work that convinced you to get a subscription in the first place. This isn't about EA, all subscription systems work this way and they eventually cut corners.