Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    @Ciralinde I’m more relaxed playing rotationally as I don’t have a set schedule or goals. I just bounce where I fell like it. It’s kinda freeing and I can still have that legacy aspect if I want without feeling like I’m suffocating.

When I was playing my ancestral save, I would just bounce, too. If a child had to be born in a different household, I would bounce there to get that done, then go back to my 'main' household. It is freeing, I agree. When I took up rotation play back in Sims2 it was because there was no story progression. I found it very weird that children or even grandchildren were inviting 'friends' from school over, who were the exact same Sims as the earlier generation. :open_mouth: I made a chart, that I kept. I would play the first household for seven days. I would rotate at midnight on the seventh day. I used highlighters to denote where I'd left off for the next gaming session. Once I made a full rotation, the color of the highlighter was switched so as not to cause confusion. Yeah, I was remarkably strict with myself. And it is constraining.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2023
    @GalacticGal It isn't too bad I don't think. I don't always finish a round (they're long right now, 15 days - not sure how many days I'd like, just yet. Also playing on long lifespan.) and some families I have to get into. I return to them and just play to finish up, if I feel like it. I am planning on getting everyone to round 2 first, even though I'm already in year 4 and playing everyone existing in the world. I guess the bit about rounds is sort of stringent. What I do like about it, is that these families, even the ones I don't like, start to have much more depth. I also like to write their little stories down and keep count how many days they've aged.

I have experienced a lot of fatigue of "sameness" when starting a new save, again and again. I would edit the parks again, I would change outfits and styles again. I would setup clubs again. Some of these premades already had a set story, a set personality from previous plays and so, I would get Eliza into education again and give them a poodle, again. I would recruit Marcus into Lilith's fold again and him being the first sim to be turned into a vampire. And so on.

I like to change things on a whim and also only when I feel like it. Perhaps I take the kids to the park today and I feel inspired to change it up. And it's persistent now. I like it a lot! It's a big project and it will never end. I'm also willing to be a bit alternative with the aging, considering it's not real life, it is a "blessing" to age and develop in this world. I haven't really fleshed this odd philosophy out. I'm having a lot of babies right now, and things are going to get rather strange once the gameworld reaches higher rounds.

Anyway ;) I feel this way of playing plays into the strenghts of this game. It is a bit dollhousey after all.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited February 2023
    Well looks like a few too many study sessions (pizza) so Blue hits the jogging circuit. Classes are going well though so should soon be ready in time for Growing Together! Now to just lose a few pounds. Boy can I relate. Ha ha
    jVE4kSo.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I made a fundamental discovery. I used to believe that Logan and his elder brother Philippe look identical, but after comparing screenshots taken in cas I discovered that they...don't. At all. They have the same coloring - pale skin, green eyes and silver-blond hair, but everything else is slightly different and Logan is much better looking. Philippe is lucky that they are so far apart in age that their social circles don't concur, or all his lovers would leave him for his younger brother who is both more handsome and a better person.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Another discovery from cas: I wanted to play around with settings to see if Philippe's female form resembles his sisters, but was unable to, since turns out he is pregnant. Last I saw him was few days ago at fitness club meeting - excuse me, sir, that's not what gym is for!
    It was either that or when his husband called about whether or not to have a baby. I said no, because he already has 6 kids under 6 and barely any money left after purchasing a mansion, but sure, what would I (aka the one responsible for actually running this madhouse and keeping watch that no one dies of stupid) know?
    I really feel like a failure when it comes to parenting my sims: as I am only able to keep an eye on 1 or 2, max 3 at the time, everyone else (100+ sims) keeps running around doing whatever they can think up, and they are very creative. Thank god I've never aspired to try my hand in raising human children.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    In my very latest NEW Main Save, Erik's career is doing very well. He managed to write all twenty-two songs, with time to spare. Yay! He took Friday of the week to have a bit of fun. He and three of his siblings went to the Jokes and Hijinks Festival. They played on the Prankster side, but sadly lost. Having fun was the whole point, a chance to unwind, as it were. Erik recorded, packaged and released his very first album and started the obligatory concert junket to promote it. He then licensed his first written piece, Early Morning Mist. His mother insisted he wear a suit to the Starlight Accolades, once he received a nomination for Best Song. She accompanied him after church late morning on Sunday. Louise, a Proper Celebrity in her own right, was surprised to win a Starlight Accolade for being a really nice Sim. The music category came up and Erik was stunned to learn he'd won. He stood up, with some coaching from his mother, straightened his jacket and stood before the microphone, just gazing out, bewildered, at the studio audience, Accolade in hand. I must look really dumb on TV. Finally, he found his tongue, quipped about not having any notes on him and then went on to thank his parents, his violin teacher, Taygeta Studios for giving him free rein on his album, and Orion Entertainment, Limited for booking the concerts. All four Cantrell Teens went to Copperdale High on Tuesday after the Labor Day holiday. When they returned home, hungry and exhausted but ready to tackle the homework, they were each called on their respective cell phones. Each were offered the opportunity to graduate early for their high performance. Of course, they all said yes. (I have a brief written account on the WHIYG page 1110) for those interested in a less dry account.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Another discovery from cas: I wanted to play around with settings to see if Philippe's female form resembles his sisters, but was unable to, since turns out he is pregnant. Last I saw him was few days ago at fitness club meeting - excuse me, sir, that's not what gym is for!
    It was either that or when his husband called about whether or not to have a baby. I said no, because he already has 6 kids under 6 and barely any money left after purchasing a mansion, but sure, what would I (aka the one responsible for actually running this madhouse and keeping watch that no one dies of stupid) know?
    I really feel like a failure when it comes to parenting my sims: as I am only able to keep an eye on 1 or 2, max 3 at the time, everyone else (100+ sims) keeps running around doing whatever they can think up, and they are very creative. Thank god I've never aspired to try my hand in raising human children.

Preggars, eh? Now, there's an interesting twist.
  • Options
    jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    Spoiler for those who haven't seen my legacy topic.
    My founder (Bea)'s partner passed away in a tragic BBQ fire!TS4_x64_2023-02-23_20-49-11.png
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    @jadetchi oh nooo. They were so cute together. The way they looked at each other was adorable. I’m so sorry. I was hoping they lived a long happy life together.
  • Options
    jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    @UniqueKhaos I know right! Unpredictable, but makes for an interesting story.
    The twins aged up to teens today :)
    TS4_x64_2023-02-24_19-52-40.png
    TS4_x64_2023-02-24_14-41-47.png
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    @jadetchi they look so much like their parents! I can’t wait to see where your story goes
  • Options
    SimlingtonSimlington Posts: 26 Member
    > @Simlington said:
    >One thing I've never done is come up with a backstory for a sim, and I hope I've come up with a decent one that will help me stick to this playthrough.

Well, that didn't work. The real world day after Austin and Abigail have a baby I started a new game, back to playing a Sim with my name and traits more like me.

Trying out Discover University, and have placed three Star Trek actors into the world.
  • Options
    Simlington wrote: »
    > @Simlington said:
    >One thing I've never done is come up with a backstory for a sim, and I hope I've come up with a decent one that will help me stick to this playthrough.

Well, that didn't work. The real world day after Austin and Abigail have a baby I started a new game, back to playing a Sim with my name and traits more like me.

Trying out Discover University, and have placed three Star Trek actors into the world.

Actors or characters, and if you don't mind, which ones? I have Leonard Nimoy's Spock, for instance, his father Sarek and his mother, Amanda Grayson.

• Options
    Erik and Kayleigh went out on two dates in the same day. Erik is totally smitten, and apparently so is she, as she asked at the end of their evening together, if they could take things to the next level. She asked him to be her boyfriend, and although Erik was trying to takes things slowly, he said yes. Young love, there you have it.
  • Options
    DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    It looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on.
    I had to restart my teddy trashbag save on my daughter's laptop after Grim refused my pleas for the pc I've been frakenstining for the last 6 years.
    This version of Teddy is still obsessed with trash fruit, He had a dream about being married to Summer in a past life but his attempts to charm her in this one failed miserably. He was pretty cut up over the rejection until he met L. Faba after a whirlwind romance they eloped. Since then it's been a pretty rocky relationship one second they can't get enough of each other the next they detest each other.

Teddy just found out L is pregnant so decided it's time to step up the trash fruit business by opening the Grift n Grill a one-stop shop for Junk, suspicious fizz, and dumpster delicacies.
  • Options
    Simlington wrote: »
    > @Simlington said:

Welcome to the forums,
    don't put pressure on yourself to make a back story.
    Most of the time I play sims without one, but sometimes a backstory comes to me after i've played a sim for a while. then there's the rare occasion when I get a silly idea and run with it.
  • Options
    SimlingtonSimlington Posts: 26 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > Actors or characters, and if you don't mind, which ones? I have Leonard Nimoy's Spock, for instance, his father Sarek and his mother, Amanda Grayson.

This is probably going to reveal too much about myself; Terry Farrell, Jeri Ryan, Jolene Blalock. All downloaded from the gallery by TheSimEmporium. I've also downloaded some ST CC to dress them in. After reading another thread I might change their names back to their characters' names. (Altering to Seven Borg and T'Pol Vulcan.)

> @Divapixie said:
    > Welcome to the forums,
    > don't put pressure on yourself to make a back story.
    > Most of the time I play sims without one, but sometimes a backstory comes to me after i've played a sim for a while. then there's the rare occasion when I get a silly idea and run with it.

Thanks.
    Playing how you personally want to rather than what you see others doing is a surprising difficult lesson to learn. I do love the variety and imagination displayed on these forums, though. Maybe by Rene I'll have some idea of what I'm doing. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    now that the new PC has been ordered it's time to move teddy and the family out of the squat and into the junkyard. at the moment they have a container house shell on some train carts which needs a bit of work. But first, they have to make some money from all the suspicious fizz they've been brewing.
    Teddy doesn't have the best people skills so it'll be fun to see how he gets on charming the customers into buying his overpriced goods.
    *edit to update
    The trash bags are now a family of four.
    Plastic takes after her dad and loves chatting with the trash plants.
    b6223df4a4ebdaec9d4d820739fe46ff.png
    Biodegradable is super clingy so pulls this face a lot. cuddles from daddy usually put a smile back on her face.
    685b20759cbe565a1ceb1a39b5ebd402.png

The store isn't doing so well so far teddy has a habit of upsetting the customers, while L gets stressed out by so many people being about so will head back to the squat to calm down.
    Teddy did manage to make his first sale though.
    019dae9745ef941cf4738ece7badf197.png

Post edited by Divapixie on
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    My first thunderstorm in many years ( I am terrified of thunder irl, so I had it turned off for a long, long time). The lightning almost hit the chicken coop and did hit the NAP inspector. Kieran's sister Mia visited, picked a fight with him and slipped in mud on her way out.
  • Options
    Kieran aged up to a young adult, he will be attending university to become a detective. Both Mia and Freddie are older than he, but as he is the one who has his life together more than they do (4 positive parenthood traits, several scholarships, dragon fruit farm), I decided that he is ready for the next step.
    My next rotation will be Rose, Kieran's twin, who does not have it together at all
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @AngeliqueAdelaide The Poor Nap inspector, (wtg confronting a real-life fear btw) sounds like Rose's rotation will be fun.

Judith Ward turned up at the Grift 'n' Grill. Teddy was thrilled to have a global superstar buying his suspicious fizz. Although the paparazzi and crowd she brought with her Played havoc with his paranoia.
    87a3f36cf709d37ce02f3b99349ca493.png
  • Options
    I realized I have neglected this thread once I went back to writing up what happened in my game. As a quick catch-up, Erik won his second Best Song Accolade, only this time he went to the Event by himself. The kids have plans to go to Britechester-U, come Friday of that same week. Thursday was Thanksgiving and Friday was Adrian's birthday. Erik tried to roast a turkey (budding chef as he is) but got too fancy and accidentally dropped the glass container of spices onto the open oven door. Glass shot everywhere, as you can imagine, but unfortunately, it also landed on the turkey. He began to get things all cleaned up when he had to jet off to his concert and photoshoot. Joey took over the clean-up, and Brianna ordered anew turkey to roast. She left to get her own laundry done before the 'morrow so their mother finished roasting the bir. The last day of fall was hot with high warm winds swirling the fallen leaves about, so they dined on the back deck.

The next day, Erik redeemed himself by baking a hamburger cake for his Baby Brother. Adrian blew out the candles and that quickly, he was a Child. Goodbyes were given, tears were spent and the kids piled into their father's new Hovercraft. They stopped and picked up Kayleigh and then they reached Britechester-U. The kids settled in, much to the chagrin of some of their older dorm mates, got their preliminary work done, presentation boards and all. Term papers submitted. Then they went to their first Prom together. Kayleigh was crowned Prom Royalty and Aaron, the Jester. Erik earned another nomination, so he has the Starlight Accolades to attend on Sunday after church.

And that's all for now. :)
  • Options
    sorokonozhkasorokonozhka Posts: 20 Member
    I micromanage. I will be completely open about it; I micromanage my entire sims world. From my bird's eye view I see a lot of interesting things. Through many, many new games, I noticed that Marcus Flex ALWAYS autonomously romances Judith Ward. They're from different packs so I don't think it's some kind of grand programming designs leading them fatefully together, but I really think there's something independent of pack content in each sim that makes them "click" uniquely among all of the townies.
    Ordinarily I let Marcus move to Judith's house (she never moves into the Partihaus for some reason), but today I decided to restore Marcus to his original position as head of Partihaus. I don't know why I did it, I guess I was concerned about there being no responsible adult in their house but now I feel REALLY guilty. Who am I to keep soulmates apart because their choices don't align with my intense micromanagement?
    Maybe I should move the entire Partihaus into Judith's mansion so that she can be with her true love Marcus, and they can worry about the other 3 guidos together.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    can the university students have thier kids live them at the dorm?
  • Options
    bandit5 wrote: »
    can the university students have thier kids live them at the dorm?

That is a good question. I would suggest, no. Simply for the fact that it is possible for the parents to school from home. Also, I do know babies aren't allowed. If a Sim gets pregnant, she can't sign-up for the next term, but must leave the university. I know, I tried for my storyline. I wanted to see how my young couple could juggle their classes plus care for their baby. When that didn't work, I tried again, only this time I used MCCC mod to 'pause' the pregnancy. That was a no-go, as well. Ho-hum. If you find the definitive answer, please let me know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top