Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the new kits?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Other
    I was interested in getting them when they were first announced, but after seeing what is in them, the low quality and not very interesting swatches, I kind of don't want them anymore. lol There are like 1 or 2 items I really like from both kits, but not sure if it is worth it. I'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    Both
    I am far from being exited about both kits but the Bathroom Clutter Kit is nice enough.
    I want the Simtimates only for the men's underwear because it makes good nightwear. I don't need the lingerie at all.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Other
    I'm probably going to buy them at some point.

I don't mind these kits - I like clothes and stuff. But I think we have so much clothes and stuff. We could use some more gameplay and building-focused kits.
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Both
    From what I've seen I like both them enough to buy them later on (right now I don't feel like adding more content to my game).
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited January 2023
    Other
    I sneezed again and accidentally bought the Undies kit. My sims seem to be delighted with their new knickers so if they’re happy, I’m happy! They look lovely in them.👀

I’m holding off on buying the toilet clutter kit however.

From what I’ve seen, I can’t say that I’m impressed with the extremely unnecessary low poly count of some of the items. As others mentioned, it looks a little too “debug” for me. If I’m paying, I expect the quality of meshes to be consistent with other clutter already available in the game and unless this kit gets an overhaul, there will be no extra towels and toilet paper for my sims.
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    edited January 2023
    Both
    I changed my mind. I already bought the Simtimates Kit but I won't buy the Bathroom Clutter Kit because I saw how poor the quality of the items is .
    Post edited by Liebeslottchen on
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    edited January 2023
    Both
    I got both yesterday! I really like them because they suit my gameplay - I love a cluttered home and I have to say that the bathroom stuff is really nice (lightswitches! eeeep!) Items are a bit low poly though, I have to admit but honestly I don't care that much. A lot of stuff in the game is so it just blends in with it all. I'm happy to have cluttered bathrooms, that's all.

I've always felt like we were sadly lacking in the underwear department, and have a few CC sets, but it's nice that I can have maxis match options now too. Everything is really nice, and I think I will use it all.
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited January 2023
    Both
    I generally ignore kits until the next game pack or expansion pack is announced.
    That way I am not buying because I am bored and my decision will be based more on need than boredom. :D

I will probably buy both along with the next GP or EP.

[Edit]
    I might hold off that bathroom kit.
    The items look so low resolution they will bring down the quality of my game.
    I might get it if someone modder makes a higher resolution CC version of the pack that requires the kit.

Or just look for CC alternatives.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    None
    I won't buy either kit.

Bathroom Clutter features many useless items with very poor textures. Several YouTube reviews have shown the sloppy work that went into several of the items. For example, how did a candle with no flame get approved? Probably like all of the candle lamps currently in the game that still can't be used off the grid. The proportions of some of the items are puzzling. Do they not test things in the game to see how they look?

The Underwear Kit features stuff that's intended to "inspire confidence in every Sim." Gamers know that Sims are almost always "Happy" or "Confident" regardless of their underwear because that's how they're programmed. But I know what EA/Maxis was getting at with this comment. The main reason I won't be getting this kit is that it comes with 13 items for females but only 9 items for males so that's an automatic "no buy" for me. I'll continue to use the cc underwear that I currently have in my game that has nicer color options and textures. I just hope that my male Sims will be able to maintain their confidence in spite of my decision. Actually, most of them are usually energized and focused too so I think they'll be fine.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Other
    I actually bought the courtyard oasis kit instead and I’m really happy, it’s much better than I thought it was. I wish I got it sooner.

I am tempted by the underwear kit, it’s got some good reviews and there’s definitely nice things, im just not sure exactly how much I’d use it and I do like my sims current sleepwear. I am tempted though and I might just buy it, it’s only £5. I don’t want the bathroom one at all.
    Monaveil wrote: »
    The main reason I won't be getting this kit is that it comes with 13 items for females but only 9 items for males so that's an automatic "no buy" for me.
    This is interesting because too many male sim items and not enough female sim items is my main reason for not buying the pack already.

I would have been happy if they skipped male sims altogether with this pack, or just a couple of boxers with different swatches. I guess this is part of the problem, different people want different things and it’s hard to please us all.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    None
    No bloody way! All these do is consume hard drive space and our money. How about something actually useful like: playable musical instruments we don't have yet, food processors and hot chocolate machines for the kitchen, and fitness items like cycling machine, liftable weights, and an exercise/dance bar?
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    None
    I will not be getting either.

Simtimates collection is really nice and the better kit of the two. It’s how often will they be wearing the outfits that holds me back. I would get this if kits were included in sales or part of a bundle deal.

Bathroom Clutter should be an add on with Everyday Clutter Kit. The items aren’t as well designed and more functional pieces would be great. Also there should be at least one toilet and sink. I love the challenge furnishing a house using kits and it would be nice to have all the items.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited January 2023
    None
    Neither kit adds anything to gameplay and CC is better quality. I am especially disappointed in the Bathroom Clutter kit's textures and low poly meshes. The other kit is fine, but I doubt I'd use it.

CC is top row, from Harlix.
    Fm2_2WBWAB4ky2Z?format=jpg&name=900x900
    Post edited by haneul on
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Both
    No bloody way! All these do is consume hard drive space and our money. How about something actually useful like: playable musical instruments we don't have yet, food processors and hot chocolate machines for the kitchen, and fitness items like cycling machine, liftable weights, and an exercise/dance bar?

I want those items as well, but they would be better in EPs or GPS. I think kits are more niche and are for people who won’t or can’t use CC.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    None
    only buy expansions an game packs. most these kits have stuff already in game except there a different color. sides inflation makes that decision.
  • Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2023
    None
    No, I won't get these. I don't understand the appeal of clutter kits tbh and my sims typically don't walk around in their pyjamas or underwear. So I don't think I would use these. I did like some of the previous kits, but it's a hit or miss for me. These are definitely misses.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Both
    I got both. Sintimates for the styles. Clutter for the toilet paper. And more items to block my sims from putting empty dishes on shelves.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    None
    I always buy EVERY bb kit, ep, gp, sp, but...the lazy way they've done the bathroom kits without things working is just...so sad. I went to buy the bathroom clutter kit and noticed there's nothing I really need that we don't already have for the bathroom. Do I really need dentures in a glass? (Do people even have dentures these days? Most people do implants.) Toothpaste strewn everywhere? We already have toothbrushes in a cup that are better made from earlier packs.

The decline in quality is honestly mind boggling.

I ADORED the Pastel Pop kit. Maybe because a YT creator was involved they decided to go over the top with the quality. I expect nothing less from other packs.

Next, I was thinking about buying the Simtimates kit. But when I looked that over, there were only two items I thought I'd use. Even the men's open shirt looks exactly like what we already have in game. They just recolored. I'm so sick of handing over money for recolored items. The last time they did this, Carnival Streetwear, I did NOT buy it and I'm so glad I didn't. I've never missed it. So, I'm not buying either one. I regret buying the menswear kit. My men never wear the items although I do believe that kit had amazing quality.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Both
    Yupp, always need clutter and the simtimates are perfect for one of my heartbreaker sims who loves to take "special" photographs of herself and gift them to her lovers :#
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    None
    Nope. The only kits I've bought are Bust the Dust and Little Campers. If they ever release any more gameplay kits I'll probably get those too. But I'm not putting the price of my Starbucks order into virtual panties or toothpaste.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2023
    None

I could definitely see the use of the items you mention, since they would be playable content. I don't need yet more clothing and random decor. I admit that I've thought about the first clutter kit but so far I have not succumbed. I have no interest in random bathroom items.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    None
    i originally wanted the bathroom clutter kit but after seeing the extremely poor quality of some of the items plus the complete lack of functional items it's gonna be a no from me.
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    I want to like the clutter kit, but what's the appeal if the items don't have an interaction? They're just there.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Both
    I want to like the clutter kit, but what's the appeal if the items don't have an interaction? They're just there.

Agree, they need to add interactions to more clutter stuff objects, like they did with the books.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited January 2023
    Both
    I've bought both, I love clutter makes my sims homes look lived in and as for the cas kit, my sims are needing more sleepwear options, I play on console so kits for me personally is a welcomed thing