Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2023 Roadmap Released! It's All Relative.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I suppose this makes sense if we look at the molar bear and the dentures they showed previously.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I don't care for generational gameplay, so this expansion is looking pretty bland right now. I just hope the new world makes up for it.

The kits actually interest me more. No idea what the toothpaste could be about, but I hope it's a bathroom kit. I can't really see how they'd make a dental hygiene kit fun but that's just me. The underwear has me thinking it could be a nightwear kit, which I really, really hope it is. I've been asking for more sleepwear for ages, so fingers crossed it's finally happening!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    kadoracsimskadoracsims Posts: 13 New Member
    > @AlanSims said:
    > I'm shocked this is pointing towards a Generations EP. Between Parenthood, High School Years, Kids Room, Toddlers pack, Wedding and Nifty Knitting I thought we were getting that content already so I'm excited to see what else they could do for family players.

me too. I'm not sure what else would be suitable for generations, but i didn't play sims 3, so can someone help me out? what is missing that was in generations that's not in the packs that @AlanSims mentioned
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    DIAPERS. That is all. #FreeTheBabies Here for this. Also toothpaste?? I guess .... bathroom kit??
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    San Sequoia? Can it be another Californian world? Sequoias grow only there.

Well with that bridge in the background I'd say San Francisco themed. :)

jcp011c2 wrote: »
    it's all relative...given that wording and all the drawings, sounds like it's almost all going to fit into family play. Of course, the babies will be the big update and I imagine will come with a few new items, but I think most of the additional items will be the theme of the kits or/and the EP.
    As you say, it's literally in the title, relative, as in relatives, hopefully they've added grandma and grandpa and uncles and aunts :) "The big reunion" like as big family reunion.

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I'm all aboard this hype train if it's for Generations, the wording of the new branding really sounds to me like they are going to expand the family tree and relationships between family members.
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Should we assume it'll be an end of Jan update or mid February as a play on the aftermath of valentines day (Get it, 9 months after valentines day...babies. am I the only one who would get this pun)
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I think it’s a family based pack, set in Boston Harbor inspired world with a dentist active career, and the tooth fairy.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    > @AlanSims said:
    > I'm shocked this is pointing towards a Generations EP. Between Parenthood, High School Years, Kids Room, Toddlers pack, Wedding and Nifty Knitting I thought we were getting that content already so I'm excited to see what else they could do for family players.

me too. I'm not sure what else would be suitable for generations, but i didn't play sims 3, so can someone help me out? what is missing that was in generations that's not in the packs that @AlanSims mentioned

Original generations had day care career, video camera/memories, imaginary friend, boarding school and little school, teens learn to drive, lifetime rewards, different parties and interactions for kids. Midlife crisis. Just lots of little additions across the generations.

We still kinda lack things for elders and kids, and they may be saving a bunch of infant gameplay for an expansion. I wouldn’t be surprised if base game infants is basic but the expansion has more - like toddlers and parenthood.

• Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I’m really happy that we got some news today & that it looks like a lot of family/generational play is coming! I also think this means that the infant update will be coming sooner rather than later!
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I’m speculating the infant update, a sleepwear kit, a bathroom kit, and some sort of family-themed expansion pack. Only time will tell, but I’m pretty excited for this next quarter! :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I would love it if our sims could have reunions added there are so many possibilites with this drop of information. Super excited I love family game play.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    It's a tree with a face!
    This can only mean
    PLANTSIM UPDATE

yes?
    anyone?
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited January 2023
    If anything this proves they’ll milk ANYTHING. Seriously? Teeth?
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited January 2023
    It's gonna be My First Tooth - watch.

And maybe memories will finally come back - seems to me like the kid is thinking about the reunion rather than being a part of one.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I am beyond excited!!! I’m a family player and I can’t wait for what’s coming up!! I’m hoping that they’ve added the ability for extended family recognition. I’m hoping for in law/step whatever recognition and adding grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles right in CAS.

Also hoping for expanded functionality of toddlers. And that hair!!! 😍😍

Time for a new save/storyline.
  • Options
    Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    I'm so excited for family content!! I really hope infants come at the end of jan for the live stream, or early feb right after. It seems like the EP will be generations-themed which is great!! I don't think a sims roadmap has ever excited me this much before XD
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    AlanSims wrote: »
    I'm shocked this is pointing towards a Generations EP. Between Parenthood, High School Years, Kids Room, Toddlers pack, Wedding and Nifty Knitting I thought we were getting that content already so I'm excited to see what else they could do for family players.

Kids are still very much lacking. Kids room stuff is cute, but it doesn't add a lot for kids to do. Kids can't ride bikes, can't pillow fight, can't really play with each other. All they can do is talk and use fifty identical activity tables.

Yes! They desperately need an upgrade and updated/new activities! I'd love to go to school or even after school stuff with them.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    A tooth related kit? Yuck, no thank you.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    yay for infants. I guess the kits are a swimwear/underwear kit and a bathroom clutter kit. Expansion pack has me stumped, no idea there bear/tooth or tooth/bear just weird LOL :D
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    It's a tree with a face!
    This can only mean
    PLANTSIM UPDATE

yes?
    anyone?

Now I am getting my hopes up for improved plantsims. I hope we can get them one day, though I don't think they will come together with infants.

I am beyond excited!!! I’m a family player and I can’t wait for what’s coming up!! I’m hoping that they’ve added the ability for extended family recognition. I’m hoping for in law/step whatever recognition and adding grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles right in CAS.

Also hoping for expanded functionality of toddlers. And that hair!!! 😍😍

Time for a new save/storyline.

I am hoping that the relationship panel can get a tab for family relations, just like we can have a tab for romantic relationship, household members... . Every time I have a pick sims for a club or a social event I miss being able to filter out relatives.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited January 2023
    One thing that I do hope makes a return is the bio for each sim.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I’m very excited to see this! Some news at last, after what feels like such a long wait. And family play is my favourite, so this looks like it’ll be right up my street.