Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which living do you prefer?

JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
Of these I’ve only really explored city living. Which one of these packs did you like to live in best? Including Snowy Escape because that’s a living pack too really.

Which living do you prefer? 144 votes

City Living
25%
alexspoom13AlexaiimhappyMonaSolstraaleSimpatsyannyesme88SnuffyBucketBoergeAarg61mildredaliengoodcakebaker62mitchiebanjoSimplyJenSALTPASTILLENbixtersEmmaVaneSheriSim57DaniRose2143ThriorHopeyStarrhappyopi 37 votes
Island Living
14%
bshag4lvColorist40TheSpotted_COceanbornAngel13FlashMarkerjimbbqkeene61Aavinaashnataliljanes_stutlerlunaoddityLinzzDrakosSmellincoffeeSimChiKimmerKerriganNightwalkerArkanisHavenRoseGilshandros 21 votes
Cottage Living
53%
BluegayleCK213GoldmoldarGalacticGalIcewolfLaBlue0314SimmervilleOolonglongCabelle1863MartinvrudolphaJueJueoveronCamkatitsjustdawnamjoieStrangerthanshellbemeelanorbretonmaggiemae8135 77 votes
Snowy Escape
6%
g01denswanemerepandie00comicsforlifeAtreya33Coconut27ReaganboganSapphire769Umbreon12 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Cottage Living
    1. Henford
    2. Mt. Komorebi
    3. Sulani
    4. Windenburg
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Island Living
    Got to be Sulani!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Cottage Living
    My favourite worlds, all 4 :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Out of these snowy escape is my favourite. I enjoy walking in nature and find standing on top of a mountain one of the most wonderful things I ever experienced (walking up, not climbing ;)) Even with seasons it is nice to have an always snowy environment. When the seasons in my game don't match the real one, I like to send my sims there at Christmas to have a white Christmas.

Island living and cottage living are tied for second place. Sulani is also really beautiful and I like to immerse myself into that world from time to time. I enjoy the rustic feeling of Henford on Bagley and think it is perfect for my spellcasters and werewolves.

City living is nice to have but I can do without. I rarely visit festivals and prefer scale of the apartments in evergreen harbour.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2022
    Cottage Living is home,
    City Living is exciting night out,
    Island Living is thrilling vacation,
    Snowy Escape is peaceful retreat mid all this chaos

how am I to choose?
    mood be changing.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    Cottage Living
    Cottage Living is why I finally started playing Sims 4. I could not resist the bunnies. Now, if we only had horses ....
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Cottage Living
    amjoie wrote: »
    Cottage Living is why I finally started playing Sims 4. I could not resist the bunnies. Now, if we only had horses ....

Agree! 🐎
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    City Living
    I'm a city girl so I can really relate to that pack. All four of those packs are good and so are the worlds, but it's City Living and San Myshuno for me.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Cottage Living
    I so agree about the Horses needing to be in Sims 4. I miss them so much that I actually restarted playing them in my Appaloosa Plains World.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Cottage Living
    Cottage is my favorite, followed by Island Living - the others are meh to me. I take part in the City Living festivals, but for the most part, I hardly use the worlds.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Island Living
    Sulani is my first choice for "living" but I love all of them. Cottage Living is so cute and I have been trying to win ribbons at the fair, very hard. City Living I definitely love and with the exception of the Romance festival, my sims go to all of them. Snowy Escape is fantastic because of the outdoors, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing...great vacation or day trip. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Cottage Living
    Cottage Living for sure. It is such a good pack with plenty of gameplay and a beautiful world.

I might have picked Island living if it didn't fall a bit flat on gameplay.
  • Options
    MotherHjonkerMotherHjonker Posts: 8 New Member
    City Living
    City living! I love the big city both in the Sims and IRL, and I love the apartments aspect of the pack. Although, I wish there were more apartments and more freedom to decorate.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Cottage Living
    I like all of them but Snowy Escape which I do not own. But I chose Cottage Living because that pack added so much to families living just anywhere. The animals, farming produce and the option of simple living with cooking only from what you actually have etc. It makes a pretty great base no matter what kind of household I play.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Cottage Living
    I love Cottage Living for the farm/rural life style and it pairs well with Eco Living. I would have to say City Living is my second pick and use it for resturants, clubs, and festivals. I also love Island Living and Snowy Escape they are great for vacations and just the place to go if your sim is stressed from work, or using them for story telling romance/affairs etc. I like all the packs but do not own the werewolf or star wars those are on my list.
  • Options
    OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
    Island Living
    In The Sims 2 I absolutely loved Twiki Island, the tropical vacation site, so of course when I played Sims 4 I had to get Island Living. So I chose that as my favorite.
    You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Cottage Living
    I'm not fond of city life in general. Always lived in one, wish things would change for me. But, I do like the Festivals. Great entertainment for Teens, and for dates of a sort. I also send couples on a Honeymoon to either Sulani or Mt. Komorebi. Currently, my Main save is set in HoB.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I have so many memories playing City Living so maybe that one, just wish they were more populated. It never felt like the "Metropolis" pack they teased. I stopped playing The Sims 4 after 2018 and only gave new packs a try after that so haven't really had the time to enjoy the others. And such a shame because it feels like recent EPs have been some of the best ones.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Cottage Living
    Shouldn't Eco Lifestyle have been included in this poll as well?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    City Living

Maybe! I guess it’s a way of life but I was thinking more about location and culture, living in an island, the countryside, the city or the mountain/Asia. I think Eco Lifestyle can be done anywhere really.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    City Living
    Out of the options City Living because it's the most fitting for the majority of my sims... It has nothing to do with the fact that I've been building in San Myshuno non stop all month. :sweat_smile: I actually really liked Cottage Living but it's not a world I would pick often for my sims (even garden focused sims).
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Cottage Living
    Cottage > Island > City

Don't have snowy.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

At this point I couldn’t imagine “living” in Sims 4 without Eco Lifestyle and I was certainly surprised to find it missing from the poll. I do understand what OP is saying regarding location and culture, but for me personally it doesn’t really work that way.

My play style contains roughly 75% of off- the grid lifestyle elements. This means my builds are full of generators and dew collectors and windmills. This in combination with lot traits such as simple living (Cottage Living) and off - the - grid, makes for a quite challenging way of living.

From this poll the city is my least favorite. Since more “nature focused” packs have become available over time, my sims rarely spend their days in the city or built up areas. When they do they usually “choose” to live in a dingy apartment. I prefer natural environments and most of the packs that you mentioned have these!
    Many of my sims actually live in Selvadorada, which, in my game, is right around the corner from Sulani. I love Island Living for its tropical islands and I love Cottage Living for its quaintness and animals and I love Snowy Escape for its hiking and rock climbing, with living at the top of the mountain in a hut being my favorite part of this EP. But I feel very similar about other packs.

Sorry I can’t choose. Life’s too short. All of the packs that you mentioned are equally important to me. I can no longer live without them. 😅

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    City Living
    I picked city living because in my main save I have more rotationally played Sims in San Myshuno than anywhere else. I also love the festivals and all the new recipe’s. I was hoping that the 3 jobs that came with it would also have a work place, well at least the media and political career. I also like the Indian clothing and buy stuff in the pack. Apartment living is great for smaller families.

I also love Cottage living as well, it’s a great place for larger families to live that have animals. And ithe hilly part is a great place to have a witch ( spellcaster ) live too! And of course the Farm animals for my farmers.

I also love Island Living, but I don’t have many sims living there. It is a place my sims go for vacations and one day trips to the beach too. I love the ocean swimming added, the odd jobs, the sports and fishing gear, the beach combing and sand castle building, and part time jobs and odd jobs. The lots and the Ovean are beautiful!

But, I will say my very favorite town is still Windenburg ( Get Together ). And my 2 top expansions are Get Together and Get to work ( I love the 3 active careers, and being able to own, and use stores.
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    Cottage Living
    Cottage Living is objectively the best of the four. Then it's City Living, then Snowy Escape, then Island Living. Funnily enough, I like Snowy Escape more than City Living, but I'm not blind, I know City Living has superior gameplay & diversity in living spaces. Island Living is a snoozefest, definitely one of my least favorite packs.