Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is Agnes still alive?

I've been playing a few saves long enough that most original sims in the save have died and so have their children. Why are some still here? I get why Vlad is, but why do I still see Agnes, Agatha, and Baby Ariel? Is there a list of these Sims that just simply wont die? Thanks for helping.

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    They are immortal and have a special hidden trait that prevents them from dying.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Alex Moyer is another sim with the immortal trait. I always stick her and Baby Ariel in the hidden sim bin, with the aid of MCCC.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Oh... When Baby Ariel was introduced, I immediately changed her in CAS, and she was transferred into my Suzi Stench, with artist name "Suzi Sushi". Although I never knew of Baby Ariel, I did not want RL references in my game. Now I realize that my Suzi Sushi might be immortal...? :open_mouth:

Is there no way to remove that hidden no-die trait? She is still just YA, and if birthdays roll on as normal, I'm in no stress, just don't want a 150 years old superstar in my future game...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    They’re all secretly gods :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Oh... When Baby Ariel was introduced, I immediately changed her in CAS, and she was transferred into my Suzi Stench, with artist name "Suzi Sushi". Although I never knew of Baby Ariel, I did not want RL references in my game. Now I realize that my Suzi Sushi might be immortal...? :open_mouth:

Is there no way to remove that hidden no-die trait? She is still just YA, and if birthdays roll on as normal, I'm in no stress, just don't want a 150 years old superstar in my future game...

And to think my Rock Star, Erik Cantrell worried about being too old for his job at the tender age of 23. LOL 150, that's not merely old that Ancient.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Also there is a sim in city living, the gold statue street performer. I’m not sure if we all get the same girl or if the game randomises a townie. But that sim has a trait that makes it so they cannot age.

Was disappointed because I wanted my sim to marry her before I realised her trait.. 😂
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Ha @GalacticGal :) Thee is a minor gap between 23 and 150 :)

Is there any way I can recreate my Suzi Sushi - keeping her looks but getting rid of the no-age trait? Luckily she has no family tree yet.

PS: Realized this thread is about Agnes, but the case is relevant...
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I think it may be possible to take her into cas.fulleditmode and make a clone of her. Make sure you write down her traits beforehand (I can never trust my memory) and I don't believe she'll be Immortal. I don't normally mess with the NPCs, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    They are immortal and have a special hidden trait that prevents them from dying.

Secret Society. :*
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2022
    I get why Vlad is, but why do I still see Agnes, Agatha, and Baby Ariel?

They are probably siblings of Grim Reaper (Endless family :p )

nlqgafor8q6u.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Unfortunately there's no way to get rid of Agnes Crumblebottom.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    There are witches in the Crumplebottom family : Crumplebottom sisters in TS3 EP07 Supernatural

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    The acid in her veins keeps her alive
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member

If you want to pretend that Agnes died, there is a way. You will have to keep her name, but you can make her a different sim.

All you have to do is access cheats (Ctrl+Shift+c to open dialog window, then type testingcheats true) and then open the cheat panel again and type in cas.fulleditmode and then after that shift-click on Agnes in the game, and choose Modify in CAS to open CAS. Then click on the light bulb in the upper right corner to open the gallery. Choose My Library or or the Gallery and click on any sim you want to replace the old Agnes. Click Add Household. Change the sims name to Agnes Crumplebottom. Then delete the old Agnes by clicking on the old sim you no longer want and then click on the red X. You can then choose another sim to replace Agatha in the same way, also changing the name to Agatha Crumplebottom. Then click Play to return to the game. Choose your sim's household from the map and rejoin your sim in town. The stand in town will be closed. Wait a minute or two and either the new Agnes or the new Agatha will run over and open the stand.

The new sims will still do the same thing the old sims would have done. Your new Agnes will still get angry a lot and be mean to other sims, and so forth. But they will be a different sim and you can pretend the old ones died.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I always stick her and Baby Ariel in the hidden sim bin, with the aid of MCCC.
    How do you go about doing this?
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I checked, I have two copies of Agnes Crumplebottom now. And Elder and a Ghost. Maybe she "respawns"?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »

First, you will need the MCCC mod. After you have it, click on a mailbox > MC Cheats > Sims/NPC Household Cheats > Hide Households
    After that you will see every single household in your game, just click on the ones you want to hide.

• Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »

First, you will need the MCCC mod. After you have it, click on a mailbox > MC Cheats > Sims/NPC Household Cheats > Hide Households
    After that you will see every single household in your game, just click on the ones you want to hide.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I got Agnes on release day, but I have not yet seen her swinging her handbag... Maybe I should take the hint that I probably don't play enough romances... :open_mouth:
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    With the help of MCCC's mailbox options, I deleted all the Sims in the world prior to starting my last two saves, and she's still there. Strange, as all the other supposedly immortal townies/NPCs didn't.
  • Options
    VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
    Bella Goth was abducted by aliens but somehow she got out and somehow she got immortal when the aliens was testing their voodoo magic on her and then the grim reaper signed a contract with them and then she lived her life being a immortal sim with rest of her family.
    0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
    The fate is always on your hands.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Oh I know, it's because Agnes is secretly a creepy immortal Zombie who just loves to wallop people with her black purse. Run to the hills.