Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited October 2022
    Thing I learnt today: when tasked to go jogging, ghosts would float above the ground while makng eerie noises the whole time. Totally not creepy at early morning at all.
    Also, you know it's time to rotate households when you want to lock the kids into their room because you are tired of taking care of them.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,621 Member
    Simon's mom called, she wants another kid. Lucille, what you need is therapy. If the previous 13 kids failed to give you whatever you were missing, I doubt a 14th or 15th one succeeds either.

Nah, like Kayleigh's mother, it's closer to the Empty Nest Syndrome, they're fighting. Kayleigh has four sisters.

Kayleigh's mother is human, I assume? How does she get anything done without supernatural abilities? Even my witches who use magic to cook, clean and teleport are struggling on daily basis. Of course it won't help that they tend to produce litters 😅
    Empty Nest Syndrome feels kinda fitting, actually. Maybe once Lucille's most recent babies age up, I'll start loaning her various grandchildren, great-grandchilden, and soon-to-be-born great-great-grandchildren to spend time with. She prefers toddlers, luckily there are always some available.

Yes, the only Sim in my game who isn't fully Human is Spock. He's half Vulcan, half Human. The rest are all Human. I don't play Occults. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    "It's a Boy!" the doctor declared as he caught the little guy. Kayleigh had been in labor since the evening before. A few complications, but she and the baby are just fine. Erik got them back home about twenty-four hours later. When reminded, he got changed into a suit and beamed on over to the PBP Studios Lounge for the Show. He barely sat down when the winner of the Best Song was announced. Starlight Accolade number Eight!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Why does Siobhan keep running into neglected or otherwise troubled kids? This was not her post-divorce plan at all. Where is the life of a rich, glamorous lawyer? Instead she has found herself becoming a mom of an ever-growing family.
    First it was her niece Cheryl, then it was her little half-bro Simon whose mother was more interested in having new babies than parenting her existing ones, then it was Lucie the teenage ghost. Now it's the friends of her kids - twin girls - who keep showing up at her door in all hours, even in pouring rain, deeply miserable. Their supposedly family-oriented mother already lost the custody once because of starving the girls and they spent most of their toddlerhood with relatives. Said relative already has his house full, as does their maternal grandfather, who is already raising the seven kids of his eldest granddaughter (their grandmother would likely feed them to cowplant if forced to care for them. Adelise hates people in general, but especially kids).
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,671 Member
    edited October 2022
    @GalacticGal Big congrats to Erik!

Today I decided to rebuild some of Morgyn's relationships that were lost when I had to migrate my game to a new save this summer. When Morgyn was a young spellcaster, before he became a Sage, he lived in Mooncrest in a small cottage there.
    dsZ5vY3.png

Mooncrest is an eclectic modern city, full of magic, and is the largest city in The Myst. The government center is there, and Guidry lives there, but I haven't taken Morgyn back to his cottage since the rebuild. I figured it was time.

He visited Sages Park and just spent some quiet time, reminiscing.
    Wk01nL5.png

He had a visit with his old friend Jace Holder and the Mayor's wife, who seemed annoyed with him over something.
    cWOHWfk.png

He joined some locals in a picnic.
    cjRDajw.png

And engaged in a bit of street corner therapy with Harry Bigfoot, who is usually a bit down.
    ze4fxse.png

He's staying for a few days and it's going to be a good visit. After all, where else can you fish and practice your magic while Big Foot and Gomez Addams critique?
    uqH7HBr.png

• Options
    Thanks for the shout-out, @cyncie. Enjoyed your story. I had no idea Bigfoot came with that pack! LOL What fun!
  • Options
    Why does Siobhan keep running into neglected or otherwise troubled kids? This was not her post-divorce plan at all. Where is the life of a rich, glamorous lawyer? Instead she has found herself becoming a mom of an ever-growing family.
    First it was her niece Cheryl, then it was her little half-bro Simon whose mother was more interested in having new babies than parenting her existing ones, then it was Lucie the teenage ghost. Now it's the friends of her kids - twin girls - who keep showing up at her door in all hours, even in pouring rain, deeply miserable. Their supposedly family-oriented mother already lost the custody once because of starving the girls and they spent most of their toddlerhood with relatives. Said relative already has his house full, as does their maternal grandfather, who is already raising the seven kids of his eldest granddaughter (their grandmother would likely feed them to cowplant if forced to care for them. Adelise hates people in general, but especially kids).

She's decided to venture into a bit of philanthropy? Doing good can't be bad, right? She just needs to realize she's helping her community at large. These kids will likely steer clear of a life of crime. Let's hope so, anyway. Poor Siobhan.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Thanks for the shout-out, @cyncie. Enjoyed your story. I had no idea Bigfoot came with that pack! LOL What fun!

Well, Harry’s just a regular sim who’s always dressed in the Yeti costume that came with the free holiday stuff, but in my game, he’s actually Bigfoot. He has a little hut in Mooncrest and everything. It’s fun when he randomly shows up.
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »

Well, Harry’s just a regular sim who’s always dressed in the Yeti costume that came with the free holiday stuff, but in my game, he’s actually Bigfoot. He has a little hut in Mooncrest and everything. It’s fun when he randomly shows up.

He came in the holiday pack? I've got that one and he's never, ever made an appearance in my game. :'(
  • Options

He came in the holiday pack? I've got that one and he's never, ever made an appearance in my game. :'(

It’s one of the costumes. Dress a sim up in it, place him in your game, and you’ve got your own Bigfoot.
  • Options

It’s one of the costumes. Dress a sim up in it, place him in your game, and you’ve got your own Bigfoot.

Pity we have to do that one for ourselves, no?
  • Options

She's decided to venture into a bit of philanthropy? Doing good can't be bad, right? She just needs to realize she's helping her community at large. These kids will likely steer clear of a life of crime. Let's hope so, anyway. Poor Siobhan.

Who knows, maybe it's her guilt after murdering her husband and taking all of his money. She is generally happy with her chaotic life, her only wish is for the kids to stop walking in to her getting intimate with her lovers 😂 It's getting easier as the time goes by - Simon just aged up to teenager and can help with chores, while Lucie returned home to her father and twin brother (without learning to ressurrect rerself or deciding for sure if she even wants it. She figures that since none of her friends are gonna age up anytime soon, she'll have time to work on it). I'll spend one more in-game week with Siobhan and then it's time to rotate, because poor Beau has been ill with pregnancy for ages now and probably wants the babies out (triplets. God have mercy)
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I took my teenage not yet witches from Glimmerbrook to school for the first time and strangely it went so much better than when I actually was trying hard to play school.

They met the principal and got a good start. They couldn’t ask the teacher about the curriculum because for some reason she was really scared the whole day. Perhaps she sensed how powerful the girls will become.
    2-A3-D7-FFE-1-B69-49-D5-8-E66-A072162-C1891.jpg
    7-C8-B634-B-23-B5-4318-A3-B5-81-F37-F37-A1-FF.jpg

They all did fantastic on their test and while Autumn was getting food after school Winter and Summer wandered over to the cheerleading competition and accidentally won it while Autumn danced badly on the sidelines.

4-C8-D6-E32-08-A6-420-C-A1-B9-8-DD31-F06-D0-B1.jpg
    4305-ADE9-D695-4-CA9-A1-F0-0-C295-BB5-F194.jpg95307617-8-E25-42-AD-8-FC5-D5-D0-FDEC13-B6.jpg

Then they kinda won prom too, and ended the day with a pillow fight.
    0461-D381-A5-DC-44-DD-85-DA-65-F299-BB9263.jpg
    83-A6-BE31-AB13-463-E-BF7-B-CA4-D780-A176-D.jpg
    D33423-BF-D12-C-4648-925-E-EAB128-C4-F0-EC.jpg

Will they ever get serious and find the realm of magic? :)
    BC072-E35-C129-4-ACC-B983-C2-F24-B81-AA1-F.jpg

372-B6153-EF5-A-4094-B07-F-5-B69244-D1278.jpg

Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I made both Siobhan and Simon argue with Lucille about parenting, which finally made her to stop spamming them with daily baby-having-calls. She now has negative sentiments about both and is staying away from them. I used to like Lucille, but she has become really insufferable - sad thing to feel about my own sim.
  • Options
    LilNerdySimmersLilNerdySimmers Posts: 99 Member
    The Toussaint Family Photoshoot #2
    Photoshoot with Chloé and Étienne along with their daughter.
    8U7EicB.png2GOS1xs.pngXDo5k5H.pngf49mkE8.png
    Photoshoot with Léa and Chloé
    z9V4pqX.pngPoca2B9.pngwyIqq4a.pngqwv6E6I.png
  • Options
    Correction. She has now started to spam Siobhan's kids with these calls. Leave them alone, crazy lady.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    Spa day spoilers

The sisters were supposed to go to the realm of magic but instead Summer persuaded them to go to the spa with her. First they went to Oasis Springs and had some ice cream and threw some simoleons into the fountain for luck.
    2-C6965-CD-0889-451-C-BA66-12-F3-CB3-C3-F1-F.jpg
    4657-FBBC-DBB4-4-B17-B3-D4-12-D2-C7338-EA6.jpg
    885-D3336-A2-BA-48-F3-8-E7-C-F70-F813-AC994.jpg

They went inside the spa and Autumn and Winter ate some bread and olives while they waited for Summer to get changed. Then they had some drinks while they waited for the sauna.
    C3-F8-D729-0-C82-4-F51-814-E-BEA38-E73-EE06.jpg
    1-A447-DD2-58-C9-46-C6-BE65-08-D00-D0-F328-D.jpg
    1419-ACDC-9271-48-D1-8487-155702658-F12.jpg

They relaxed in the sauna for a bit and then got pampered until the evening.
    4-D216883-909-B-4-E32-9199-4125644-E5495.jpg
    8-A815981-B686-4-C5-C-AA8-A-59-CE415620-B4.jpg
    3-C7-B8048-7-F48-4-B1-D-8676-D410625-B2444.jpg

Finally they did a bit of yoga and bought some blue yellow and green yoga mats so they can do it at home. Then they relaxed in the hot tub until it was time to go back to Glimmerbrook.
    2957-C305-551-B-473-A-852-D-B295-E18-E1067.jpg
    C712-DC36-F9-A1-4-AE8-9829-93-B989-AC14-BF.jpg
    9985375-C-31-BA-410-B-ADDF-1376-C36-B75-D6.jpg

They had a lot of fun at the spa! Next time they will definitely go to the realm of magic :smile:
    D89-D5-DFD-B718-42-BC-A935-01-E5055633-A4.jpg
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Today my main sim in a new save has decided she cannot level the handiness skill no matter what task she performs...

So now I have the task of going through everything, mods, traits, etc... and trying to see if something has flagged her an not capable to learning handiness.

/sigh...
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    My sim, who is on hormonal BC and has condoms in her inventory, is pregnant. I had been under the impression the BC and condoms made that impossible, but I guess not. Thank God for MCCC. It said she was supposed to have triplets, so I was able to roll until it went down to one.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Siobhan made a hard choice to break off her engagement to Salim Benali, because she realized that she could not marry a man who does not want children. She is not actively trying to get pregnant at the moment, but in case her birth control should fail - there has already been several cases of condom breaking - it's better to have a father who is on the same page as she. Besides, Salim did not fit in with her friends, only wanting to woohoo and get high. Still, a pity, as she already had the wedding dress picked out.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited October 2022
    Jenny got nominated for her first (acting) award!! -squee-

UPDATE: Jenny didn't get an award at that first ceremony (but that's cool because she's still warming up in her career). It was exciting, in a way, to see the awards for the first time. Even if they couldn't get in at first and Regina had trouble coming in at all.
    Post edited by NRowe on
  • Options
    Had to evict my sim Beau's neighbour because she would not take "no" for an answer and would try to come hang out with him five times a day. Get a life, Claudia. Just because you do occasionally sleep together does not mean that he want to see you 24/7. There are 10 more people he sleeps with, including the boyfriend in whose appartment he is currently staying.
  • Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    The couch and dining table in my sims' apartment spontaneously combusted. I don't even know how? Maybe I have a rogue mod or something
    fomBD7N.jpeg
    She didn't die, thankfully. Though she lowkey would deserve it
  • Options
    Siobhan made a hard choice to break off her engagement to Salim Benali, because she realized that she could not marry a man who does not want children. She is not actively trying to get pregnant at the moment, but in case her birth control should fail - there has already been several cases of condom breaking - it's better to have a father who is on the same page as she. Besides, Salim did not fit in with her friends, only wanting to woohoo and get high. Still, a pity, as she already had the wedding dress picked out.

This is why they should date, a lot, have those deep discussions long before the Question if put before them. One of the first things as a couple get to know each other (and NOT in the Biblical sense) is about children. Do they like children? Do they want children? If the answers don't match say it was real and it was fun, but it wasn't real fun. C'ya.

Sorry for your Sims' troubles, but she did the right thing.
  • Options
    This, again, is a bit of catch-up. Erik Cantrell, Rock Star, recorded, packaged and released his eleventh album, Tangled Roots which is doing very well on the charts. Doing his best to spend more time with his little family, he decided to focus on the reason he chose to live in Henford-on-Bagley. He got a small-ish patch of land ready and started planting. He even decided to work on the oversized plants. He planted sage, basil, parsley, grapes. Of the oversized variety, he has a patch of pumpkins, mushrooms, lettuce and auberjines. Really, it was a fruit but many use it as a vegetable, called egg-plant. He wasn't terribly fond of it, but Kayleigh could make a vegetarian lasagna with it that was to die for.

Aaron, got a bonus and was promoted to Starter on his soccer team. Joey was promoted to Senior Resident, so that now he was paid for his work. Jamison was now a year old and walking. Which made both of his parents pine for the 'early' days when he was just a wee thing. They went out on Friday, their normal Date Night, which happened to be Night on the Town. Aaron and Joey watched Jamison for them, so they could enjoy a night out.

Brianna and Spock got married, quietly. Since their Mind Meld had already been witnessed by High Counselor, T'Pau, which was all the was necessary in Vulcan Culture, the wedding ceremony more for show, once Spock experienced the throes of Pon Farr the two 'eloped' and they moved in together. Very shortly afterward, the couple announced they were on the nest.

In fact, Kayleigh was busy taking a test of her own, when they got word Brianna was in active labor at the hospital. Kayleigh had just given Erik her Big News, when both of their phones went off. Brianna had safely given birth to twin boys. Spock sent a picture of Brianna, holding her twins, while snoozing on the cot in the delivery room.

Erik enjoyed the photo, but pitied the couple their twins, suggesting he was glad it was them, not he and Kayleigh.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top