Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why EA is not fixing the "plants reverting to dirt piles" issue?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes
    It's still a problem. Oh well. :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    What do you mean? They often revert to soil when Evolve is used, and always have. And that can even happen if a golden hen 'spells' them. If that's a bug it's never bothered me because they regrow when in season.

I think plants, except trees, are only supposed to grow when in season and are dormant otherwise?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2022
    No
    Everything does not have a conspiracy behind it,they just haven't found the problem yet. Simple as that. Better to be patient and wait rather than hope for others to loose something.
    And I know you have been waiting a long time but that's the beautiful thing about patience, it has no end to it 😌 and patience is never without reward.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    No
    I don't think they are purposely not fixing the bug, like another poster said, if it were that easy a modder would have found a fix by now, we have some very talented people modding the game.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    That's strange. That problem has never happened to me.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited September 2022
    I believe the gardening bug fix is part of Carl's mod:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/carls-sims-4-mod-58183239

Most of it seem to be issues that need a script mod, but there are other mods that lessen the problems as well such as the main file of my slowerecofootprintchange: https://bienchen.sems-own-world.de/de/eco-lifestyle/

The reason that it has gotten worse recently is probably due to the game being so buggy in general right now. I've personally hadn't had issues with reverting plants for quite a long time before the pre HSY patch, but I've noticed it in two households since then.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    edited September 2022
    Not sure how this is fixed or how 30,000 searches make a conspiracy theory, or how that many should know "the beautiful thing about patience".

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-In-Season-Plants-revert-to-dirt-piles-Patch-1-68/m-p/9726151/highlight/true#M161166 This was posted November of 2020 and had 13,057 views. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-Patch-1-76-81/m-p/10475991/highlight/true#M188190 was created in July of 2021 with 16,041 views. The last 10 pages of this thread were posted within the last month, with the last 2 on Tuesday, 9/27/2022.

I guess this bugs me (excuse the pun) because it's embedded into a lot of the game; vampires, get to work, realm of magic, cottage living. Maybe more. Those are just the ones I can think of quickly. They keep pushing content that contains an aspect of the game that is broken.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    This started happening to me today :( And this particular sim has a HUGE garden.
  • Options
    That is a bummer. I wanted to grow one perfect plant of every plant in the game and gave up. I think that would be a good challenge. I now grow dragonfruit for money, berries, tomatoes, apples, and a few herbs for canning and baking, and grow fruit for fertilizer. I am going to give up on the dragonfruit and find another way to make good money. I love the game and really like building. I also think the developers are very talented, but this one issue is bothersome for me as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @SandyLee149 I don’t know why you have made this poll as I don’t get that problem in my game. Also you have to remember that there is a lot of fixes they have to do. I’m thinking they are try to hit two birds with one stones

So many fixes that they can't get to this one after 2 years? I have posted the links to the EA Bug Reports twice in this thread. The first was created in November of 2021. The last 10 pages of the 2nd link were generated within the past 30 days.

You are trying to tell me this is a not an issue (just because you don't have it), when it clearly still is.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Closing this down, please use Answers HQ for further discussion on this topic in the linked threads above.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top