Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did EA nix the fire department??

When the stupid incense set the radio on fire, not only was my sim unable to put out the fire but there was no fire department listed on her phone. What!?

When did this happen?
In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    The fire department still shows up on my lot. As long as there's a fire alarm installed anyway.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    edited September 2022
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    The fire department still shows up on my lot. As long as there's a fire alarm installed anyway.

They showed up on my lot, too. As for who did the calling, I never directed one of my Sims to do so … But, I also have the fire alarm installed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited September 2022
    They usually show up when there is alarm on the lot. I'd also install a sprinkler system on the lot too as long as the house on the lot has a roof. Your sims should be able to run to the shower to put out the flames as long as it's close by.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member

Mine too and if I have the sprinkler system it activates automatically. Also in Sulani your neighbours will come put out your fires too lmao.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Omg, that's what I forgot to do...doh! :D

I always put 3 things in a house, smoke detector, sprinkler system and a thermostat. I've been so wrapped up in my mods folder drama, I must have forgot to put those things in.

Odd thing though, even though the incense burner and radio were outside on the back porch, I clicked for her to extinguish, but all she did was wave her arms with the pathing thing, when the stuff on fire was right in front of her. :s

Thanks for all the responses guys! <3 User error, lol. :*
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 912 Member
    They still show up on my lots, and I still have the option to call them.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    The only mods I had in the mods folder was MCC and UI and both of those have been updated, and yet I couldn't do anything with her except have her run into the street while her house burned...that's why I quit without saving. She had a pathing issue when the fire was right in front of her and call the fire dept wasn't even listed on her phone.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    You must have the fire alarm on your lot. There is no longer "call the FD" on the sims phone.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,973 Member
    I just had a fire in my game and my Sim could call the fire department. It was a stove fire rather than an incense one but I don’t know if that makes any difference.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I don't use the alarms, just the sprinkler system from the base game, because I tend to play when my family is already asleep(and my 3 year old niece stays overnight most weekends) so I don't want to wake anyone up with the sound of the alarm going off.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    aujineh wrote: »

Mine too and if I have the sprinkler system it activates automatically. Also in Sulani your neighbours will come put out your fires too lmao.

I was JUST going to post this :D I had a fire in my house right now, one guest was lighting a campfire and most of the chairs went up in flames. I had 2 Sulani neighbours show up, but they couldn't do anything because something was "in the way". Probably the dummy who started the fire in the first place.

I didn't have time to check where in the world the Fire department was on my sims phone, not used to the new layout yet. No need, though, the teen in the house rushed in and extinguished the flames. Brave girl :)
  • Options
    Awesome! In one of my saves in Sulani, my sim caught on fire and Mele K. rushed in and extinguished my sim...besties forever.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I just had a fire today and I had the call fire dept option, but the sprinkler system went off and put it out before they got there.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    aujineh wrote: »

I didn’t know about the Sulani thing! That’s really cool B)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Omg, that's what I forgot to do...doh! :D

I always put 3 things in a house, smoke detector, sprinkler system and a thermostat. I've been so wrapped up in my mods folder drama, I must have forgot to put those things in.

Odd thing though, even though the incense burner and radio were outside on the back porch, I clicked for her to extinguish, but all she did was wave her arms with the pathing thing, when the stuff on fire was right in front of her. :s

Thanks for all the responses guys! <3 User error, lol. :*

But you don't need any of those things to call the fire department. The option should appear on your phone regardless. If it doesn't, it's probably a mod issue. Even if your mods are updated, they can cause issues.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    You must have the fire alarm on your lot. There is no longer "call the FD" on the sims phone.

Was this a recent change? I don't have fire alarms or smoke detectors and can still call the fire department. In fact, it wouldn't make sense for the option to only appear with fire alarms because the alarm triggers firemen automatically.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I don't use the alarms, just the sprinkler system from the base game, because I tend to play when my family is already asleep(and my 3 year old niece stays overnight most weekends) so I don't want to wake anyone up with the sound of the alarm going off.

Solution: Turn off sound; or where a headset.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    This week I had a fire on a lot which I could call the fire department and two came. I also had a fire drill at high school.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2022
    HillyBeth wrote: »

Solution: Turn off sound; or where a headset.

1: I like to hear what's going on in my game
    2: My pc originally didn't come with speakers and the ones I found cost $50 so I'd rather use them. Plus I hate the sound of the alarm anyways. I don't even use them in sims 3 anymore.
    3: I hate headsets. They actually hurt my ears, and occasionally my mom will need me for something and if I can't hear her she gets 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything