Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Desert Luxe Kit: Releasing Today Sept 14 For Free!

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    edited September 2022
    Meh. LOL I saw in Origin that it was available and was surprised. Forgot it releases today. Not buying a single thing till they fix some of the existing bugs. Like the wants/fears refusing to stay off.

Also, this seems to be a very light in content kit. Also...also.....why can't they seem to make complete living room sets anymore? Why is it just a chair and loveseat or just a sofa and loveseat? I want all three items.
  • Options
    Not buying a single thing till they fix some of the existing bugs.

Totally understand. It'll be there when/if you ever decide to purchase. 🙂
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Redundant.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I've just redeemed this now too - for free. With this plus the base game going free in October, I'm getting worried. What is going on?
  • Options
    SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    edited September 2022
    Don't know if it's just a glitch or not, but after I redeemed it now all of my unowned kits are appearing like I own them in Origin, too. They say download instead of purchase but if I click download it does nothing. Same with trying to download this kit.

edit: game packs too....
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    The base game for free doesn't feel that strange... but giving away a new kit for free? That's surprising.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2022
    I tried clicking on the download button, but I get an error every time and origin can't download it, so it seems there's major issues with this right now.

Edit: so the kit isn't actually released yet, so that's why the download isn't working yet. I'm guessing the download will work when the kit is officially released.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Oh wow, free! That's nice. For that offering I'll buy the CAS that came out two weeks ago. wasn't going to, but was definitely going to buy the desert luxe kit. $5 is $5 for twice the content.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Mine hasn't downloaded yet either, but I assumed that was because it doesn't release in my part of the world for another hour and a half. But I also have game packs, stuff packs and kits that I haven't bought showing as ready to download, which is weird.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Mine hasn't downloaded yet either, but I assumed that was because it doesn't release in my part of the world for another hour and a half. But I also have game packs, stuff packs and kits that I haven't bought showing as ready to download, which is weird.

I saw that too, but then origin failed to download. In game, the links to those other packs are priced, at least in my game. There may be something wonky with the packs. I don't have all the CAS because I do not want the cloths in my game, but I'll definitely keep trying for the First Fits pack. Free is free (and as I mentioned I was already going to buy the desert luxe pack anyways)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member

same here. ironically found this because i was about to buy a kit and then was confused when the option wasn't there. in the game they say unowned (you can kinda see to the left on the screenshot) but then it says i own it if i try to buy it.

https://imgur.com/a/4L47Nif
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    As a small goodwill gesture I like it. Presumably this means the base game is becoming free around October 18th, so people who already paid for it get the kit for free but those who get the game for free will need to pay for the kit.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited September 2022
    Awesome thanks for the info LOL I thought you were going to post a giveaway so was trying to decide if I should enter. Seeing as I just won the kids one. So this is perfect.

Even better I have more use of my left hand and right fingers so can actually play today, maybe.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2022
    I saw on Instagram that this kit is given to us as a gift. And we are told to go the main menu in the game to claim it.
    But when I click on it, Origin pops up and the kit is listed as free. But when I click on it, I get the option to fill in my payment details. This is ridiculous. Why do I have to do that to claim this gift?.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    Mine's downloaded now.
  • Options
    rosepuckettrosepuckett Posts: 55 Member
    I downloaded the new kit was gonna buy anyway but Thank You So Much!!
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    Well I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, thanks for the freebie. I really like the curtains, the small square table is great for a small television and most of the furniture has pretty neutral swatches which is good.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2022
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    I saw on Instagram that this kit is given to us as a gift. And we are told to go the main menu in the game to claim it.
    But when I click on it, Origin pops up and the kit is listed as free. But when I click on it, I get the option to fill in my payment details. This is ridiculous. Why do I have to do that to claim this gift?.

It took me a few attempts and told it couldn't download. I started up the game and was told I owned the kit (under kits list) and told to download it. I saved and exited my game and tried again and it downloaded ok then.

Update: I've just opened my game again and the items are all there.

I'm wondering if it is something to do with Windows 10 messing about with the permissions it grants. It's got very complicated now. I don't understand the half of it!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited September 2022
    Nh6650 wrote: »

It doesn’t charge it, and there’s an option to not have your card saved to your account
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited September 2022
    I think it’s free only until Oct 17, so that why it’s asking for card info
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    Always nice to get free gift B) I love desert themed stuff anyway :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Can't download it just yet, since it's obviously not out yet much like when you treat it like a preorder.

I already have my payment information in paypal already set with this anyway so it shows up at 0.00.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Can't download it just yet, since it's obviously not out yet much like when you treat it like a preorder.

I already have my payment information in paypal already set with this anyway so it shows up at 0.00.

Mine downloaded and is in game maybe try restarting.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion