Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Moonwood Mill

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
I am yet again bamboozled what I want to build for my simmies

what does everyone have in their Moonwood Mill?
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
Post edited by Simmingal on

Comments

• Options
    Hmn? No ones done anything in Moonwood Mill? :lol:
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    edited August 2022
    In my rotaional save it's a world that my sims visit, not live in. The younger weres are still at college and the owners of Moonwood Mill don't live there either.
    - I turned the library into a generic lot to give it the feeling of an abandoned archive rather than an active library.
    - On the empty lot next to it I put an abandoned mine:

28.08.22_16-24-21w4fc0.png
    28.08.22_16-25-11qwc0y.png

Werewolf Cave by KateEmerald

- On the larger lot next to the Moonwood Commune I put an abandoned sawmill:
    28.08.22_16-27-491pdn6.png

Abandoned Sawmill by alien_ellie

- On the smaller lot I put a copy of my StrangerVille campground (still need to weed the cacti):
    28.08.22_16-17-10w1f0t.png
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Here's mine.

E9xCTxL.png
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2022
    I havent done much building in my Moonwood Mill, but these are the lots Ive got. Ive built these lots along the idea that a century ago Moonwood was a company town where most of their employees and their families lived on location. When the company fell, the town quickly deteriorated. The workers that could afford to leave left, leaving behind those that were basically stuck, and the land had not been bought up by anyone with real estate ventures for development. To this day, the area is still incredibly poor and dilapidated with basically only squatters taking up residence.

XRov44r.png

IAMMaFj.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Oooh cool ideas

totally forgot about the cave thing I might try that

I'm just kind of struggling to pick building theme for this world cause I want each world to have its own distinct theme

and I'm just not sure what that theme is for werewolves

like if my werewolves move to moonwood they're not going there for the suburbancore

but also tbh idk what kind of houses werewolves would live in

sure they could live in gothic houses but thats more of forgotten hollow and vampires thing

sure they could live in salem style witch houses but ofcourse thats more of a witch/spellcaster thing and im kinda keeping it for copperdale

sure they could live in medieval/castle/ tudor houses but why wouldn't they just be in windenburg then

sure they could live in industrial builds like warehouse werehouse but those can be anywhere + theres evergreen harbor n such and idk it just doesn't teally spell cozy family home because i kinda want to add wolffs or something in moonwood too

and sure they could also camp but you can camp anywhere tho

ofcourse log cabins is option but then its just kinda like granite falls 2 tho

and tree houses... are more for fairies

and farm mills n such theme... there is already brindleton bay and henford for that :sweat_smile: even though i might add saw mill cause ones above look cool

guess they could live in caves or something but also why would normal sims ever go to moonwood and run into greg if theres no houses n stuff you know

kinda like InuMiroLovers idea of simple workers housing though

could probably work since i did want to avoid using too many stairs

but then idk if it really aligns with the whole moonwood collective hippie vibes
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Oooh cool ideas

I'm just kind of struggling to pick building theme for this world cause I want each world to have its own distinct theme

like if my werewolves move to moonwood they're not going there for the suburbancore

You could try give them hobbit type houses and say they live in dens.

live-here-rn-2-31530-1449162852-7_dblbig.jpg?resize=1200:*

hobbit-house.jpeg

motherwolf.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,881 Member
    I haven't done any builds of my own, but I did put a home on Prowler's Patch. This is from the gallery by MarmeladArt, called Werewolf's Family House. It's Lou and Lux's place now that I decided shake things up in this save.
    7g2kpRs.png

It has it's own private bus bar and entrance to the werewolf tunnels.
    0NmPy63.png
    wbAcBne.png

It's still standing in spite of Lou's best efforts to burn it to the ground. I have never seen a sim with the ability to start fires like that guy. In my save he's like a live in version of that flaming chef scenario, or whatever the name of it is. I swear he could fire to a glass of water just getting it out of the tap.🤣 He's a total babe, but holy cow he's dangerous.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    Haha, that was my first impression of Lou, too!

I'm torn what to do wo with Moonwood Mill. The save I posted from is my old, semi-retired rotational save, so most likely I won't do anything with it anytime soon. But in case I do develop it, my plan was to reactivate the site. The owners now want to farm magical ores and plants and have already worked out things with the weres, who are descendants of the former guard dogs and now all own shares of McGavin Mining. Theoretically I could go wild here. My Magic HQ already is a mix of arcane and modern technology, and I'd like to use the same style here. Any suggestions/inspirations from the gallery?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,881 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt I don't have any specific suggestions. When I went back today to find the name of the creator for the lot I'm using that was the first time since the week after the pack dropped that I've looked at Moonwood builds. Most of what caught my eye then and today was rustic cabins, cottages, and abandoned mills and industrial buildings. I find my eye drawn to the renovated industrial buildings most of all.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    I feel like what's important about building for werewolves in particular is, they break stuff all the time. Or damage it. Or just straight-up eat it. Kinda lends itself to the "we can't have nice things" approach to decorating. Though that's not the only way.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    After I wrote hippies and I saw the hobbit house reminding me of adventures, travelers....
    I suddenly realized exactly what I could do about theme of this world :sunglasses:
    gp3qNpb.png
    4XWP4h5.png
    NrdxtPw.png
    kx5Ikqb.png
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    After I wrote hippies and I saw the hobbit house reminding me of adventures, travelers....
    I suddenly realized exactly what I could do about theme of this world :sunglasses:
    gp3qNpb.png
    4XWP4h5.png
    NrdxtPw.png
    kx5Ikqb.png

I love the look of that caravan, @Simmingal! Is it on the Gallery?

Now I've got the chorus for that old song running thru my head..."Gypsies, tramps and thieves..."
  • Options
    Isharell wrote: »
    gp3qNpb.png
    4XWP4h5.png
    NrdxtPw.png
    kx5Ikqb.png

I love the look of that caravan, @Simmingal! Is it on the Gallery?

Now I've got the chorus for that old song running thru my head..."Gypsies, tramps and thieves..."

I'll put it up soon tm and link it here when I do :blush:
    just need to test the routing n all
    had to exit quick to backup before patch drops :lol:
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    Cool caravan @Simmingal :)
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Oooh cool ideas

I'm just kind of struggling to pick a building theme for this world cause I want each world to have its own distinct theme

You could try to give them hobbit-type houses and say they live in dens.

hobbit-house.jpeg

motherwolf.png
    I saw one in the gallery I think Katie emerald did this.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    00.jpg
    New Moon Wagon
    Is on gallery now :blush:
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    + made small edits to the bar lot
    HHR6MUE.png
    was fine as it is but I just felt like I wanted it to be little bit easier to navigate and there was so much empty space around the stuff on that lot

also I'm transforming the house (and additional house) to be more of lodging thing for non locals

can't decide what I want to do about the empty big lot
    like on one hand I kinda want to readd library right
    cause I plan to turn library lot into residential warehouse werehouse lot for wildfangs
    but also kinda like do i really need library tho could be something more exciting

then again I could just keep library where it is and build the werehouse on that empty lot hmm
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    00.jpg
    New Moon Wagon
    Is on gallery now :blush:

Oh thank you, @Simmingal I am insanely excited about this little wagon, it is too cute. I'll be downloading it as soon as I get a chance. Don't even know who will live in it, I just must have this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon.

edit: I didn't realize that word would be an issue. Anyway, this is a cute little traveler's wagon. Now I want to make some of my own to go with this one and have a little camp, each one a different color.
    Post edited by Isharell on
  • Options
    @Isharell saw the comment before edited
    think its considered slur when used for roma people and thats why its censored

think its best to just not use word although idk if wagon is gonna be particularily offended
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    edited September 2022
    I can't stand Moonwood Mills. All that trash and litter everywhere. BOOOO!

However, I had to jump in here and tell you that I love your build. It's so tiny and cute. It reminds me of something from TS3.

• Options
    I wasn't aware that word is considered a slur, thanks for explaining, @Simmingal . They let the word go by in plural form earlier in the thread when I quoted that old Cher song so it never occurred to me it was a problem.

I'm gonna download that sweet little caravan tomorrow after saving and patching (and repairing, sigh, I am constantly repairing) my game. I plan to squeal loudly when I drop it in my game. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Isharell wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that word is considered a slur, thanks for explaining, @Simmingal . They let the word go by in plural form earlier in the thread when I quoted that old Cher song so it never occurred to me it was a problem.

I'm gonna download that sweet little caravan tomorrow after saving and patching (and repairing, sigh, I am constantly repairing) my game. I plan to squeal loudly when I drop it in my game. :)

no worries :smile:
    words be tricky sometimes

I hope the build lives up to the excitemement :lol:
    would love to see what you do with it too :smile:
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Oooh cool ideas

I'm just kind of struggling to pick a building theme for this world cause I want each world to have its own distinct theme

You could try to give them hobbit-type houses and say they live in dens.

hobbit-house.jpeg

motherwolf.png
    I saw one in the gallery I think Katie emerald did this.

Do you have a link to the one in the gallery?