Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Oh I found all pets already annoying in Sims 2, never got them in 3 or 4.

I'd never have pets in real life either though.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    I've seen some people ask for preteens but I don't really see the use in having em. But I do agree the sudden jump from child to teen is jarring.

An actual "teen" seems lacking in the game. The teens now, especially with the latest expansion - are actually adults. What with having BOTH romantic and sex preferences. As well as a new interaction that runs the WooHoo animation - the only difference between a teen and a young adult seems to be one comes with a built in career and one less trait.

Actual 'teens' would have only had a romantic preference and their 'mess around' animation would have been something clearly juvenile not needing censoring and not the WooHoo animation.

The new High School expansion had the opportunity to make a 'teen' living experience that was clearly not 'child' and also de-aged from 'adult' concepts like a sex-preference. But it went the other way around - which leaves them as a lifestage that seems lacking in distinction.

I would have preferred they look clearly a bit younger, and as noted, ONLY have a romance preference and NOT use the WooHoo animation. My 'High School' should not be full of sims that are clearly 18.

They tried to follow a teen "trend" rather than stopping to consider what a teenager actually is. This is why the gameplay feels somewhat hollow and more grown-adult-oriented because while they tried desperately to appeal to a new audience, they ended up making teens feel more YA than Teen.

Like seriously, I complained about it earlier, but I think HSY's would have benefitted from being a stereotypical American Teen movie, rather than this weird trend chasing hybrid thing that we got.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @Jyotai The "mess around" interaction for teens that resembles woohoo is not new, it's been in the game at least since I started playing in 2020.
  • Options
    VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    Most people wouldn't really agree, but I hate the body hair at the moment.
    I was creating mostly female Sims, and they ended up with chest hair, or back hair. So, I went in to get rid of it.
    I prefer no body hair, especially with females, so when it pops up on its own, it can get a bit annoying.

agree
    I don't like having female sims look like hairy monkeys. They should of just made it a male thing, but made it possible to choose male tag if you want to use it.
  • Options
    Vik wrote: »
    I was creating mostly female Sims, and they ended up with chest hair, or back hair. So, I went in to get rid of it.
    I prefer no body hair, especially with females, so when it pops up on its own, it can get a bit annoying.

agree
    I don't like having female sims look like hairy monkeys. They should of just made it a male thing, but made it possible to choose male tag if you want to use it.

I tried pointing this out on a thread on Reddit, and I got roasted and downvoted to oblivion, because I said it made no sense for females to have chest and back hair.
    Turns out that I triggered a bunch of women with PCOS...despite myself being diagnosed with PCOS and not having any of the "typical" symptoms and abnormalities. But hey, I guess my lived experience only matters if it falls into the norm of PCOS. :shrug:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I would like to see at least 2-4 unit small to medium apartments in most towns
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Body hair and hair growth needs to be disabled by default. I didn't ask for it. I don't want to deal with it either in CAS or live mode.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    I don't like having +100 skin tones, it's way too much and no needed. I would be pleased just with a good range of 5-6 with sliders, in fact I think Sims 2 four skin tones are enough, maybe a couple more.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2022
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    I don't like having +100 skin tones, it's way too much and no needed. I would be pleased just with a good range of 5-6 with sliders, in fact I think Sims 2 four skin tones are enough, maybe a couple more.

I feel like the skin tones was more of a headlines thing rather than anything else. They wanted the headlines of "The Sims cares so much about representation they added HUNDREDS of new skin tones!". Realistically they only needed about 10, and 3/4 of the skin tones they did add are just plain bad and really should've been cut. So many of the skin tones have these heavy red undertones which just looks plain bizarre, or they're so ashy that sims are walking around looking like corpses...
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited August 2022
    Get rid of vacation worlds. The Sims 4 has progressed past the "need" for vacation worlds, and they should not have been a thing in the first place. We have vacation lot types now, it's good enough. Free the vacation worlds. Yes, even Granite Falls, but especially Selvadorada.

Just thinking about this because I saw someone on twitter mention how Selvadorada should definitely be livable. Because people live there. People live in very similar-looking places in real life. So WHY is it only a tourist destination in this game?? Why can't sims live there permanently?
    This same type of othering occurred with Sims 3 World Adventures too. It's not good.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    edited August 2022

agree

I tried pointing this out on a thread on Reddit, and I got roasted and downvoted to oblivion, because I said it made no sense for females to have chest and back hair.
    Turns out that I triggered a bunch of women with PCOS...despite myself being diagnosed with PCOS and not having any of the "typical" symptoms and abnormalities. But hey, I guess my lived experience only matters if it falls into the norm of PCOS. :shrug:
    I have PCOS without some of the typical symptoms. The excess hair is usually in the face, and some other areas, but the chest and back hair are inaccurate. I have never heard of anyone getting excess back hair, or chest hair. There may be fly away hair on the chest, but the way the Sims 4 represents it is inaccurate.
    Post edited by Umbreon12 on
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I also don't like normal gameplay packs, and wish we focused more on occult packs.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2022

I still don't like the skin tone update. All we needed were a few more options, especially for the darker tones. They went overboard on it and now there are far to many options and to make matters worse they added sliders to it as well. Ever since that update random townies have looked worse than ever, with all kinds of weird coloured skin tones appearing in my game.
  • Options
    BlackGirl73BlackGirl73 Posts: 66 Member
    I don't like babies and toddlers ingame. Mostly I skipped them, starting with the child phase.
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I hate most of the shirts for men. Tuck the blasted shirt in your pants like a normal person! (Okay, I'm a much older player than most, but give me a break with the tails of the shirts hanging out.)
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    The Klepto trait does not belong as a playable trait. It should be only available for a very few number of hidden townies.
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I have some more. Too many crop tops. Not enough pencil skirts, not enough animal print. Not enough heels, too many sandals and strappy shoes, so I have to download CC from modders like Malden for my sim footwear needs, I can't afford real Laboutin's so I'll settle for the virtual kind. Also why no handbags (that's purses to my American cousins).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Maybe they are testing skin tones in the sims 4 for the sims 5……
  • Options
    edited August 2022

agree

I have PCOS without some of the typical symptoms. The excess hair is usually in the face, and some other areas, but the chest and back hair are inaccurate. I have never heard of anyone getting excess back hair, or chest hair. There may be fly away hair on the chest, but the way the Sims 4 represents it is inaccurate.

Thinking back on the comment I made on the Reddit thread, I think I may have triggered/upset some MtF trans women or non-binary people as well. Like no offence if you are trans or NB, but most biological women don't have back or chest hair. Like ok, some of it can be genetic or a hormone imbalance due to medical issues but that's more of a glitch than the norm. Heck, thick arm, armpit, private area or leg hair is more common than hair on the back or chest. But I digress.

Anyway, when I was diagnosed with PCOS I did research and it didn't mention any excess hair growth on the back or the chest but did mention, like you said, hair growth on the face, especially the chin and sometimes along the jaw. Like it doesn't take much to google this information, but in this day and age, it's just easier to be offended than actually fact-check.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »

I still don't like the skin tone update. All we needed were a few more options, especially for the darker tones. They went overboard on it and now there are far to many options and to make matters worse they added sliders to it as well. Ever since that update random townies have looked worse than ever, with all kinds of weird coloured skin tones appearing in my game.

ISTG, IMHO a lot of the darker skin tones just look worse than better. Heck, even the lighter tones look awful as well. Just an overall bad update that just exasperated a pre-existing issue.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I so, so, so agree with you unpopular opinon @jade47. And if you will permit me I would add to many jeans with holes in them, to many short skirts and dresses.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I hate most of the shirts for men. Tuck the blasted shirt in your pants like a normal person! (Okay, I'm a much older player than most, but give me a break with the tails of the shirts hanging out.)

The overall fit of men's clothing is terrible. Why can't pants go to the ankle? Why do sweaters and coats look 200% too big and bulky... annoying
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    @wahini2024 That too!
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Since we’re on the topic of clothing, we have enough crop tops.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top