Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    dearangeldearangel Posts: 4 New Member
    When I was watching the HSY livestream people would not stop complaining about how the pier's rides are rabbit holes, but honestly I couldn't agree less. How would they even execute playable/non-rabbit hole rides in the first place! In my opinion it would just slow down the game even more, and I can't really imagine how it would look.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    dearangel wrote: »
    When I was watching the HSY livestream people would not stop complaining about how the pier's rides are rabbit holes, but honestly I couldn't agree less. How would they even execute playable/non-rabbit hole rides in the first place! In my opinion it would just slow down the game even more, and I can't really imagine how it would look.

@dearangel
    Maybe something similar to one in Sims 3.

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:71237
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I shouldn't need mods to fix or make a game enjoyable.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2022
    RionAgrias wrote: »

Mods are always needed, no matter how well done the game is. as one likes some feature what anotherone mods away.

There cannot be that many toggles or it is klick the toggle game.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Awww thanks for the trip down memory lane. I loved the store (unpopular opinion lol) and had forgotten all about that set. I loved making funfairs, there was a little carousel too, I guess from a different set, and a haunted house, face painting booth, whack-a-moles, spring rides (toddlers)... oh I'm so nostalgic now 😄😄😄
  • Options
    ItalStewItalStew Posts: 30 Member
    I didn't like the update that made sims eat faster.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member

Mods are always needed, no matter how well done the game is. as one likes some feature what anotherone mods away.

I'm as guilty as the next person of saying we need a toggle for this feature, or that. If we all got our wish, and we had a toggle switch for every feature we didn't want, we'd spend three days setting all of the toggle switches, and another four or five days here on the forums complaining about the amount of toggle switches we had to deal with. And all of that would happen before we ever saw a second in Live mode. It's a fact of life, we have to take the good with the bad, as much as we all demand that it should be the other guy who has to compromise.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    ItalStew wrote: »
    I didn't like the update that made sims eat faster.
    Neither did I, I'm very much annoyed by not being given a choice on that. They could have made quick meals faster eating and left normal meals as they were. That way, everyone wins and it's more realistic. I mean, a bowl of cereal is quicker to eat than a roast dinner... so if anyone is in a hurry they just grab a quick meal, but if they want to linger and chat with their family they can have a proper meal.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I wish Sims had the option to all sit at a table and have a family meal, or eat with a friend. Nevermind sitting by the Sim who's all alone to eat, he'll be done before you even get over there.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I don't like Greg or want my sims to have kids with him.
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member

But this game is already sims the clicker, did you see how much clicking wedding story had simply b.c sims don't do anything without the player telling them too. EA could have offered extensive control to players by making a system similar to MCCC except they could have stored it either in settings under a master control tab or placing it in their sims stories section. Both options hide all those options from people who don't have any interest in exercising full control on how they want the world to act around them.

More control isn't necessarily bad, its how you implement it honestly. If you make it intimidating with 500 toggles just to get started then yeah I agree with you that is not fun. But if you placed the 500 toggles in settings under a tab called master control and everything was neatly organized while not requiring the player to ever go in there unless they wanted to, then yes I'd love to have those toggle options.
  • Options
    FirewestgamerFirewestgamer Posts: 30 Member
    I think star wars journey to battuu is good
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I have a controversial one. I bought Cottage Living today and I hate it. The whole aesthetic feels fake and over the top to me. Its like a version of the UK but trapped in the 1940's. Apart from one house I just wanted to bulldoze every lot. Some of the CAS is pretty and about 10% of the B/B might be useful but I totally wish I hadn't bought this one.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @jade47 I thought the exact same thing.

Very cliche-y.

I haven't attempted to "modernize" it yet because quite frankly there's not much to do in that world except for tending to crops and animals.

But what about when you want some "fun time"?

Ohhh I know ..... let's go to yet another bar! Or we can visit the lame festival.

I was hoping for real festivals, like what we got with TS3 .... something with a "country" vibe to it, you know like bobbing for apples and pie eating contests, festival games like archery, barn dances, etc. Nope!

Ohhh wait! We click a building and window shop ..... weeeeeee! How fun!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Jade47 wrote: »
    I have a controversial one. I bought Cottage Living today and I hate it. The whole aesthetic feels fake and over the top to me. Its like a version of the UK but trapped in the 1940's. Apart from one house I just wanted to bulldoze every lot. Some of the CAS is pretty and about 10% of the B/B might be useful but I totally wish I hadn't bought this one.

I mean I kind of agree, but I think that's like the point of Cottage Living? It's meant to be an extremely rural out-of-touch English countryside town. Though that said, the townies feel too "diverse" for it to be extremely true to that kind of "isolated" rurual country town they were going for, also need to chase the trend of cottage core from like a year or so ago. lol.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    @Chicklet453681 I agree I think its a lot of work to alter the village. My biggest problem is it looks too much like a show village (for tourists) and nothing like a real village. I also heard the festival is lame. lol

@halloweenchild I live in a small English village, I was born in the countryside and have lived most of my life in it and this pack just feels "wrong" to me on several levels. I can't really explain why, in theory I should love it, but yes I think the cottagecore look is too OTT. I guess I'll just write this pack off as a loss, some of the stuff in it is marginally useful but if I make my sims live in this world it will just continue to annoy me. Not the first occasion since Eco Lifestyle was a pack that annoyed me so much I simply uninstalled it.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Jade47 wrote: »
    @Chicklet453681 I agree I think its a lot of work to alter the village. My biggest problem is it looks too much like a show village (for tourists) and nothing like a real village. I also heard the festival is lame. lol

@halloweenchild I live in a small English village, I was born in the countryside and have lived most of my life in it and this pack just feels "wrong" to me on several levels. I can't really explain why, in theory I should love it, but yes I think the cottagecore look is too OTT. I guess I'll just write this pack off as a loss, some of the stuff in it is marginally useful but if I make my sims live in this world it will just continue to annoy me. Not the first occasion since Eco Lifestyle was a pack that annoyed me so much I simply uninstalled it.

I can understand that, I do agree that the "cottage core" aspect does feel OTT to me as well. Like they were trying way too hard, just like with Eco Living.

Does the pack itself just not meet with your life expectations? Or does it feel too close to home for it to have any meaningful gameplay to your sims game? Or does it feel too much like a "theme park" version of your life?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    @halloweenchild I think my expectations of the pack were too high despite watching and reading reviews. But I think you are definitely right with the "theme park" point, not regarding my life but certainly my own familarity with English villages. The sad thing is I haven't tried the gameplay, I was just too put off by the looks and since I like farming games I should be playing it and enjoying it. I really wanted my witch sim to live there but every house I've looked at makes me feel I have to do some massive rebuilding and redecorating job. Not that the houses are badly made, they just don't suit my taste at all. I'll rethink it at a later date, the current bugs are annoying me more than anything else right now and I think its making me cranky.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    TheCreator wrote: »
    I don't want cars they are overrated. I would rather have something more fun like fairies :)

Me too!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I want cars. :D
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I think Island Living Needs a Refresh, Merfolk need an update, and I want underwater lots.

I love the Island Living gameplay, and I’ve spent enough time in Sulani to know that there is more to do on the Islands than just Clean Up Mua Pel’Am.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    TheCreator wrote: »
    I don't want cars they are overrated. I would rather have something more fun like fairies :)

I agree, but I know that some people like cars. Why can’t we have both?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top