Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic relationship…

wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
Do you guys make a romantic partner for your sim or do you have them wait until they find someone they like? I have wonderful whims so it is pretty helpful and then it just alerts me when they find someone attractive. But I normally don’t go by townies. I make them
Or get them off the gallery. What do you guys do? My next gen found a townie attractive today when I was playing so I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go with it or just wait cause she is a teen so she has time to find someone else but yeah. I like to plan ahead.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Do you guys make a romantic partner for your sim or do you have them wait until they find someone they like? I have wonderful whims so it is pretty helpful and then it just alerts me when they find someone attractive. But I normally don’t go by townies. I make them
    Or get them off the gallery. What do you guys do? My next gen found a townie attractive today when I was playing so I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go with it or just wait cause she is a teen so she has time to find someone else but yeah. I like to plan ahead.

Normally I make a sim for another but now I'm waiting for a non playable sim to call my sim and ask them to be their boy/girlfriend and it isn't happening with adult sims just teens.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I always let it happen "naturally" and it's always townies (or premades if early enough in the game).
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    Currently I try to find someone. Specifically instead of just adding them to the household I want to make them into a roommate to keep their autonomy.

But finding someone who
    - Is around the same age
    - Looks good
    - Has a at least passable fashion sense
    - Is willing to become a roommate
    - Is currently single
    - Is romantically and whooho interested with their sexual orientation

is very hard.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    There is some kind of attraction-system in the game, I like to find a sim that suits the one that I am playing. That they have good chemistry.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited August 2022
    For my Not So Berry yellow generation, I really wanted my matriarch to marry an alien. I downloaded a number of aliens from the gallery. I was using Wonderful Whims at the time too and I set her preference to aliens.

Sometimes I have used random townies, like for my scientist in the active career. She met someone at work she got on with well.

I tend to play premades mostly, so I have them fall in love and marry other premades. For example, Maikke Haas and Gunther Munch got married and had triplets.

I am not currently using Wonderful Whims, but when I did I used it only as one factor. I wanted some level of physical attraction to begin the relationship, but other things are more important. I would love it if only the attraction portion of the mod were available, but other parts of the mod annoyed me. I tried turning them off, but sometimes they persisted when I rotated to another Sim. I have been using the First Impressions mod now to get an idea of how Sims react to each other on first meeting.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Like @telemwill WonderfulWhims played a role in my game, but not as much as before sexual orientation was added. That's the main reason I used WW, to make sexual orientation fixed so that my sims stayed true to the orientation I had in mind. I take each sim individually and decide how I want to handle their love life. Some of the premades I will pick their partners. I used to do the same for my sims, but now I let them choose. If I see a sim I think is a good match I may steer my sim to spend more time around that particular sim and see if they will hook up on their own.

When we had whims I would watch and see if they got a whim to flirt with that sim. If they did, I'd clear it, and wait to see if it popped up again the next time they met. If it did, I'd watch to see if either one would start the flirting. If after a couple of meetings they didn't flirt on their own I'd queue my sim to flirt one time and then let them take it from there.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I usually make one but sometimes when I play single sims I'll go by sims I like that they spend a lot of time with, now with the npc autonomy they have going I have had a teen and young adult ask out their ladies so I may just have my sims be more friendly and flirty and see what happens.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    It depends. Most of the time I make a partner for my sims. But sometimes, if my sim (and me) really like a townie they meet, then they can end up with a townie as well.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I guess it depends on the story I have planned for my sim. I’ve started downloading a bunch of random townies to my game so I’ve been letting it happen more naturally and don’t have to worry about ugly, weird npcs. Haha
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Most premades in my game have had a makeover and townies are pulled from my library using MCCC settings. 99% of the time I start with a single sim and see what happens naturally. I've had a few sims totally flop at finding a mate even without an attraction system. My werewolf sim could not get a townie from my library to like him at all. It had nothing to do with traits. I found it hilarious and decided he would be asexual. Sims don't always need a mate. You can create kids for them via CAS or adopt. In my opinion it's always more fun to let the game decide how a sims story will play out.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Seems that way in real life too 🤣 anyways yeah I agree. I have mccc so I can sort of cheat and see who’s married and not but the finding someone who doesn’t already have a kid is hard. Some of my challenges u can only have one kid so that’s why I look at that. And if it is a townie I just update their look.
    Darren wrote: »
    Currently I try to find someone. Specifically instead of just adding them to the household I want to make them into a roommate to keep their autonomy.

But finding someone who
    - Is around the same age
    - Looks good
    - Has a at least passable fashion sense
    - Is willing to become a roommate
    - Is currently single
    - Is romantically and whooho interested with their sexual orientation

is very hard.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I also use Wonderful Whims. I randomize their preferences with the strength being heavy. I only allow my sims to date ones they find attractive or higher, and only allow them to marry those they find extremely attractive. I pretty much let my sim lead the way. Since doing it this way, I've had some pretty decent pairings. It makes the connections feel less forced and more real.

My current teen sim had a crush on someone but she didn't feel the same about him. She friend zoned him in the cuddle carts. His twin sister was successful with her crush.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    I like to find randoms