Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who are these strangers?! - Changes to Pub Owner and Grocery Shop Owner (Cottage Living)

I've started playing again, with some resignation on my part, and things seemed to have settled down. However, I found out that Sara Scott and Kim Goldbloom have been replaced by random townies. I saw Sara still owns her establishment (so to speak) - but simply deleting the new random sims isn't working right now.

Although, I could pretend they are enjoying a holiday and hired someone new - I hope they'll return again in the future.

If there's a work around to get them back, please let me know!

Comments

• Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I do not think you can have them back if they are already replaced. Theoretically you can equip special NPC roles with cheat "traits.equip_trait" if you know the proper traits namesand original sims are still in your world.
    Also there's a new fix from Simvasion for this issue - here, but it'll only work for the new save.
  • Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2022
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I do not think you can have them back if they are already replaced. Theoretically you can equip special NPC roles with cheat "traits.equip_trait" if you know the proper traits namesand original sims are still in your world.
    Also there's a new fix from Simvasion for this issue - here, but it'll only work for the new save.

Oh that's perfect! I have no issue using my back up - I'm only orienting atm, just to see what's what after the flurry of bugs. I think it'll work - if not, I'll have to wait and cross my fingers. Many thanks!

Edit: Nope! It's too late for me. ;_;
    And I have 2 roaming Agatha's as well.
    Post edited by Ciralinde on
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    The bug means that the game can't use the existing sims. The mod lets the game use them again. But you have to delete any impostors that may have generated before you started using the mod yourself. They should all be visible in Manage Households.
  • Options
    simvasion wrote: »
    The bug means that the game can't use the existing sims. The mod lets the game use them again. But you have to delete any impostors that may have generated before you started using the mod yourself. They should all be visible in Manage Households.

It appears this mod doesn't work for pre-existing saves, sadly. I booted up a save from a month ago, just to be certain.

On top of that, it also doesn't work for me on brand new saves. I only have one mod - the rocket building fix (by you! Thank you!) - I took that one out. Also removed cache files, even removed the entirety of the saves folder.

But to no avail.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited August 2022
    yeah its annoying mine been wrong sims for a while

I wish they'd give us tools to assign them back to their rightful roles
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    yeah its annoying mine been wrong sims for a while

I wish they'd give us tools to assign them back to their rightful roles

Yes please!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    I am assuming that you know if you play Sarah’s household that they will no longer be pub owners.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

@Ciralinde this happened to me after installing HSY, or was it the patch, not sure. I sent my sim to buy groceries from Kim, and it was a totally different sim. And their were 2 Agatha C's walking around. But after I reloaded the game the original owners was there. I hope it stays that way.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Ciralinde wrote: »

It appears this mod doesn't work for pre-existing saves, sadly. I booted up a save from a month ago, just to be certain.

On top of that, it also doesn't work for me on brand new saves. I only have one mod - the rocket building fix (by you! Thank you!) - I took that one out. Also removed cache files, even removed the entirety of the saves folder.

But to no avail.

If it doesn’t work for you in both old and new saves, then it sounds like you have mods disabled in the game options. They get auto- disabled during major game updates.

It definitely works in pre-existing saves, because I only play one save that I started in 2017 and haven’t created any others. Since the hot fix I’ve tested without the mod and the villagers were replaced. Then I reloaded with the mod and the originals were maintained.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Back before the patch this was happening to me in Moonwood Mill. Wolfgang was not the librarian, although he was still labeled as such when I ran into him in game, and, likewise, Celeste was not the bartender.

I finally just moved Wolfgang in with the Moonwood Collective since he was never in the library anyway. Still hoping Celeste shows up in the bar.
  • Options
    simvasion wrote: »

If it doesn’t work for you in both old and new saves, then it sounds like you have mods disabled in the game options. They get auto- disabled during major game updates.

It definitely works in pre-existing saves, because I only play one save that I started in 2017 and haven’t created any others. Since the hot fix I’ve tested without the mod and the villagers were replaced. Then I reloaded with the mod and the originals were maintained.

I am necro'ing this thread for a moment to say you are totally right! It does work and thank you so very much! Sorry that it took awhile, real life caught up with me and I didn't have the time to look into it.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    The sages have also changed
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    That bug... I hate it.

It replaces pre-made ones (and for me, custom ones) with random townies. Before, when I clicked on the board to learn about villagers, it was full of faces. Now, it will only contain a few.
    telemwill wrote: »
    Back before the patch this was happening to me in Moonwood Mill. Wolfgang was not the librarian, although he was still labeled as such when I ran into him in game, and, likewise, Celeste was not the bartender.

I finally just moved Wolfgang in with the Moonwood Collective since he was never in the library anyway. Still hoping Celeste shows up in the bar.

That I see as shift issue. The shift for one NPC ends and another NPC replaces them.
    I had this too. The only thing I had to do was to wait until the new bartender's shift was over and then Celene was back.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    The sages have also changed

Looked into my game also. They haven't for me fortunately.

I'm happy to report that I have found the bug report for this. I just hope it won't take a lot of time to fix it (at least be less than a year)...
  • Options
    GalisilGalisil Posts: 15 New Member
    So far in my game only HoB NPCs got replaced. I haven't been to the magic realm yet after THAT patch.
    When I looked into my unplayed households, those HoB NPC households are still there (i.e. they are not purged), but there is a duplicate of Agatha Crumplebottom.
    I am not sure if the Eco NPCs are affected. They default master crafter still shows up (along with some random ones because I finally built a maker's space), but I have not seen Knox Greenberg yet. He used to pop up in gyms quite often.

> @EgonVM said:
    > I just hope it won't take a lot of time to fix it (at least be less than a year)...

Even that seems rather long to me. Are we supposed to avoid these neighbourhoods for that long?
  • Options
    Gagea wrote: »

I see... So the game sees them as famous, even though they're not. Reminds me of the problem that was fixed with the last patch where all the sims were suddenly famous.

Get Famous system really need a fix. First sims in the neutral reputation have a bad reputation icon, then sims with neutral reputation get introduced to sims with negative reputation, and now the fame issue...