Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems Since the Latest Patch

Comments

• Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    My problem is that I still can’t have prom and I updated everything.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    I noticed the whole "everyone" becomes a celebrity issue only started once my Sim hit their first fame star, so far every friend they've seen is also a one star celebrity suddenly, and a few unplayed Households have also fit that bill.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    cleo224 wrote: »
    I just wanted to add that I have never used CC or Mods, (because I don't know how to haha) so these are not related to mods/cc breaking from the patch. It seems that is always the go to response from EA each time bugs emerge but it just isn't the case.

Yeah, I'm a technician/system admin and there's sort of joke about telling people to "turn it off and on again" or "try another browser" amongst IT folks. The mod excuse is EA's version of that. While mods may cause problems, EA has a weird knee-jerk instinct to blame mods. I find it very telling that they decided this was going to the the week that they clamped down on mods. So, maybe they really truly believe that mods are the problem.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited August 2022
    I've been reading about all of the things that are going wrong since the last patch and I almost didn't buy this latest EP. I decided to throw caution to the wind and did purchase it and I was updated. So far, I have had zero issues with cc or mods. (And I have a ton of cc) Everything from the EP is working smoothly with zero glitches.

I hope that everyone who has issues gets them repaired soon. Good fortune to all <3
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Most of my CC beds disappear when I try to place them. I also am unable to have prom.
  • Options
    Sapphire769Sapphire769 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just a reminder to those using CC beds, they are all broken. Remove them from any of your saves or they will cause issues. I wasn't able to load one save until I removed the bed from my mods folder. Those were beds that disappeared when I tried to place them. Some will allow you to have them in your house and still load but still cause problems. My sim was unable to do homework, test for pregnancy and it screwed up my interior design renovation. So just beware and use Maxis beds until they get fixed.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    cleo224 wrote: »
    I just wanted to add that I have never used CC or Mods, (because I don't know how to haha) so these are not related to mods/cc breaking from the patch. It seems that is always the go to response from EA each time bugs emerge but it just isn't the case.

Yeah, I'm a technician/system admin and there's sort of joke about telling people to "turn it off and on again" or "try another browser" amongst IT folks. The mod excuse is EA's version of that. While mods may cause problems, EA has a weird knee-jerk instinct to blame mods. I find it very telling that they decided this was going to the the week that they clamped down on mods. So, maybe they really truly believe that mods are the problem.

Not knowing about how EA takes these things, but here in forun it is , sorry to say, very often when someone shows up and lets all out what is wrong in their games, then gets back to it (much later) and tells that "it was an old mod". meanwhile people here try to help as much they can. So I understand why its usually the first question at least in here, at forum :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    edited August 2022
    @SkipInkling @cleo224 Mods aren't THE problem, but they can cause problems.
    It makes sense that the first step in narrowing down the cause of a problem would be to find out if it's a mod problem or an EA problem.
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Just a reminder to those using CC beds, they are all broken. Remove them from any of your saves or they will cause issues. I wasn't able to load one save until I removed the bed from my mods folder. Those were beds that disappeared when I tried to place them. Some will allow you to have them in your house and still load but still cause problems. My sim was unable to do homework, test for pregnancy and it screwed up my interior design renovation. So just beware and use Maxis beds until they get fixed.

Thanks!
  • Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    @SkipInkling @cleo224 Mods aren't THE problem, but they can cause problems.

I believe that's what I said. However, that doesn't change the fact that the knee-jerk reaction to point at mods and blame them, is inadequate when it comes to fixing actual bugs (such as the ones we've had with this update/expansion).

• Options
    SimMin94SimMin94 Posts: 18 Member
    > @Taoron said:
    > Also now seeing that all of my Sims are Global Superstars. My Mailman is a Global Superstar. y Plumber is a Global Superstar. Even my dog is a Global Superstar. Dogs can't handle that kind of pressure.

I mean, Lassie managed just fine... How dare you call that a bug? It's the dog's time to shine :D

Seriously speaking, I have the same problem: suddenly everyone's a 4-star celebrity. Added to that, I can't get proms or pillow-fighting to show up. I'm not sure if I have any CC beds in my Mod folder, probably need to take out the whole folder and try again. For me, cooking together is also broken (sims stand there for a while and then the interaction cancels despite there being room to cook) but that could maybe be a Mod conflict. It's a mess, though!
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    SimMin94 wrote: »
    > @Taoron said:
    > Also now seeing that all of my Sims are Global Superstars. My Mailman is a Global Superstar. y Plumber is a Global Superstar. Even my dog is a Global Superstar. Dogs can't handle that kind of pressure.

I mean, Lassie managed just fine... How dare you call that a bug? It's the dog's time to shine :D

Seriously speaking, I have the same problem: suddenly everyone's a 4-star celebrity. Added to that, I can't get proms or pillow-fighting to show up. I'm not sure if I have any CC beds in my Mod folder, probably need to take out the whole folder and try again. For me, cooking together is also broken (sims stand there for a while and then the interaction cancels despite there being room to cook) but that could maybe be a Mod conflict. It's a mess, though!

LOL

Yet, there were 9 Lassies.

• Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Can someone confirm this for me... Travel to Henford on Bagley and see what NPCs are there.
    My all premade NPCs (Kim for example, pub owner, Michael Bell, mayor, grocery boy...) in their roles are just gone and replaced by random generated sims. Only Agnes and Agatha stayed the same.
    It is in all saves and a new save as well.
    This makes game unplayable...
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    The front doors (and back if applicable) are gone from all of the houses in all 7 saves. And it won't let me place new ones.

EDIT; no, ALL of the doors are gone in every house, including all interior ones. I can place a passageway, but not a door

What CC do you use? I had that problem but it went away when I updated a certain pharmaceutical mod from basemental.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I'm seeing extra Masters in Evergreen Harbour.
  • Options
    SimMin94SimMin94 Posts: 18 Member
    Taoron wrote: »
    SimMin94 wrote: »
    > @Taoron said:

LOL

Yet, there were 9 Lassies.
    Was it 9? I knew there was more than one but nine's a lot. I haven't opened my game today but now I hope the emergency patch fixed this; I would wish Global Superstardom on no dog if it takes nine to handle it :smiley:

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    So I finally broke down and updated after the "Emergency Patch" was released.

This is a brand new "The Sims 4" folder I had the game generate, so I had no mods installed at all.

Testing a new game and while creating a female sim, EVERY single one of them had body hair when I used the randomize button! Why would that even allowed, shouldn't that be an option that we choose to put on or not and not automatically done by the game?

So does this mean that any randomly generated townies will now be woolly beasts?
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    So does this mean that any randomly generated townies will now be woolly beasts?

Either that or it's another bug. This expansion pack needs a few more emergency patches from what I've read so far.
  • Options
    CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    Can someone confirm this for me... Travel to Henford on Bagley and see what NPCs are there.
    My all premade NPCs (Kim for example, pub owner, Michael Bell, mayor, grocery boy...) in their roles are just gone and replaced by random generated sims. Only Agnes and Agatha stayed the same.
    It is in all saves and a new save as well.
    This makes game unplayable...

OMG just happened to me! I played for days since the last update, everything was fine.
    Somehow in before today's patch, it happened!

• Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    My games keep reverting back to day one every time I play them. Even if I save several times. So far it only seems to affect my long lifespan saves.
  • Options
    So I finally broke down and updated after the "Emergency Patch" was released.

This is a brand new "The Sims 4" folder I had the game generate, so I had no mods installed at all.

Testing a new game and while creating a female sim, EVERY single one of them had body hair when I used the randomize button! Why would that even allowed, shouldn't that be an option that we choose to put on or not and not automatically done by the game?

Now I'm scared to update.
    I play on Mac, we
    My games keep reverting back to day one every time I play them. Even if I save several times. So far it only seems to affect my long lifespan saves.

You are not alone . It's a rare known bug, they are working on it.

Seems difficult to catch. It would be good to head to ]https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en[/url]

As usual, don't hate me please, no mods, clean install, blah, blah.

Hope it get fixed.

• Options
    David8_LyDavid8_Ly Posts: 41 Member
    Why is Copperdale missing from my long list of destination worlds? It should appear as locked, but it does not show up anywhere. Important to keep in mind that I have not purchased the high school expansion pack yet, but I am concerned about it not showing up even if I did buy the expansion pack. So far this question remains unanswered that I am still looking for. Last time I checked was today and Copperdale is still missing from the list of Destination Worlds!
  • Options
    David8_Ly wrote: »
    Why is Copperdale missing from my long list of destination worlds? It should appear as locked, but it does not show up anywhere. Important to keep in mind that I have not purchased the high school expansion pack yet, but I am concerned about it not showing up even if I did buy the expansion pack. So far this question remains unanswered that I am still looking for. Last time I checked was today and Copperdale is still missing from the list of Destination Worlds!

Hey, Copperdale is ONLY available if you BUY the XP "High School Years".

• Options
    > @CattyAuntBetsy said:
    > Hey, Copperdale is ONLY available if you BUY the XP "High School Years".

I have three locked worlds shown on display for destination worlds (Tartosa, Britechester, and Glimmerbrook),but Copperdale is currently not listed as one of them which is strange. Also, Britechester from University Life is an expansion pack.
  • Options
    All of the other worlds besides those three are "unlocked", but Copperdale I cannot find anywhere as of today.