This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Problems Since the Latest Patch

TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
It seems to never end, the problems since the patch.

Cell Phone Use: I think that's been discussed ad nauseum. My Teen is being held hostage in her room until this is either fixed, or she starves to death. Yes, this is a ransom letter.

Aging: Again, we all know.

Needs: Dropping Faster than I ever remember seeing them drop. Having to Cheat every Sim in the household, just so that they can function.

For the past few days now, any time anyone uses a stove; any stove, they catch on fire. Master Chef...catching on fire. Traits in the Home are Chef's Kitchen, Homey and Gnomes. No 'Let Everyone Die Challenge', as I am using Live In Services. Yet, my kitchen is now a Crematorium.

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,931 Member
    edited July 2022
    Chest and stomach hair on newly made Teenage Sims. Yuk. No low tops, no crop tops (of which we have too many) can be used.
    We MUST be able to turn the option off.
  • Options
    Pagan2062Pagan2062 Posts: 1 New Member
    The last update left my sims with red/white skin tones with question marks on their faces. Now they look like creepy harlequin clowns. Will this be fixed in a patch?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,438 Member
    Pagan2062 wrote: »
    The last update left my sims with red/white skin tones with question marks on their faces. Now they look like creepy harlequin clowns. Will this be fixed in a patch?

Do you use CC by any chance? Like a default skin replacement? Normally that odd texture with the question mark is caused by bad CC.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,832 Member
    Funny how none of this made the Friday Highlights.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,168 Member
    edited July 2022
    The front doors (and back if applicable) are gone from all of the houses in all 7 saves. And it won't let me place new ones.

EDIT; no, ALL of the doors are gone in every house, including all interior ones. I can place a passageway, but not a door
    Post edited by Nate_Whiplash1 on
  • Options
    mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    I canceled the update in my game before it could finalize... and yet I can no longer build walls/rooms/platforms of any kind. Only half-walls are available to me.
    This can be reproduced in any save file. New save files are not even possible, because when I load into Create-a-Sim, I only get a blue outline of a character, and can do nothing with them.

I didn't want the update, and my game is still unplayable.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,931 Member
    Further to my comment above...... I found that I had got the chest and body hair by using the Genetic option to make a Teen and then chose to make the Teen a girl after a boy appeared.
    The way round was to make an ordinary Teen girl and then choose to make the two adults her mum and dad. The grandparents therefore became grandparents automatically too. No body hair. :smile:
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    I can't even open the cheat window to use the cheat bb.moveobjects on
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    okay I seem to of fixed this but don't know how as I couldn't do it for a day and half and now I can open the cheat window...... after reinstalling the whole of my games of the Sims 4 (46) as I don't have all the kits but not sure what is causing this issue for me...... I have an old keyboard and this didn't open the window either.
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    Lucretia3Lucretia3 Posts: 2 New Member
    Has anyone else had issues with fears negatively affecting relationships? My married sims with 100% romance have a random fear of being cheated on now and every time one of them even looks at someone else their relationship plummets to the point of being in the negative. I rebuilt their relationship twice before I gave up and disabled fears and wants. They're about to have a baby and are supposed to be madly in love, but they hate each other now. It seems like a cool feature but if it's going to keep ruining my games I don't want to use it.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,168 Member
    So, I just discovered a couple of more bugs. School will not start in any of my saves. The kids and staff show up, the school clock is running, but everyone is just standing around. Clicking the white board to attend class is not given as an option.

And Mei Prescott (the principal) is unemployed.

This is in all 7 of my saves, btw. This new patch is the most bug-ridden one I've ever seen.
  • Options
    TSimkins2834TSimkins2834 Posts: 3 New Member
    Bust the Dust was broken by the update on Tuesday. I had removed my building mods on Monday night (I only use TOOL and Better Build/Buy by Twisted Mexi) and repaired my game just to be safe. The house never gets dusty so I don't get a dust bunny to get gifts from. I haven't seen anyone else mention this.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I just finished redoing my sims' house, and suddenly 2 of the 3 sims keep finding the rooms to be poorly decorated, despite the fact that there's flooring and wall coverings, about the same amount of decor as before (in some places even more), and while it's not really affecting anything gameplay-wise, it's still annoying because I spent so long on this interior decor!
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I've just got my sim to marry again and despite inviting her partner to move in, he vanishes shortly afterwards and gets teleported back to his original lot. Her house also keeps undoing any new changes I've made, texture painting has reverted, furniture I added a few minutes earlier is suddenly gone. This particular game keeps going back to the Rebate Day event and undoing everything that occured after it.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,211 Member
    Don't buy broken stuff
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,407 Member
    edited July 2022
    When my teen Sim is at school her mom calls her several times a day asking if she and dad should have a new baby. I counted she called 4 times one day even if I answered NO every time. :s
    I understand that she wants another baby because she's family oriented, but harassing her teenage daughter about it many times every day is not okay.

Random Sims walk into my Sims' home without knocking and keep eating their food and acting like it's their own home.

Constant calls from Sims asking my Sim to be their best friend and there's only two options, either answer yes or be rude and say "no way" which makes their relationship go down.
    Same happens with them asking my Sim to go to prom with them. I just answer YES to all of them. :trollface:
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    When any of my toddlers age up they aren't receiving their reward traits anymore despite qualifying for them.
  • Options
    aryia74aryia74 Posts: 9 New Member
    my sim disappeared from her family and when i use the cheat to re-add her it didn't do anything. I had to go to the world and re-enter and she appeared. This patch is the worst!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,333 Member
    edited July 2022
    mauvejinjo wrote: »
    I canceled the update in my game before it could finalize... and yet I can no longer build walls/rooms/platforms of any kind. Only half-walls are available to me.
    This can be reproduced in any save file. New save files are not even possible, because when I load into Create-a-Sim, I only get a blue outline of a character, and can do nothing with them.

I didn't want the update, and my game is still unplayable.

back up your save and try reinstalling the game and clearing cache thingies cancelling in the middle may have been the issue
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    The front doors (and back if applicable) are gone from all of the houses in all 7 saves. And it won't let me place new ones.

EDIT; no, ALL of the doors are gone in every house, including all interior ones. I can place a passageway, but not a door

which lots/ worlds are you playing?

there has been lots of lot related issues since DHD haven't had the issue in windenburg or forgotten hollow though

did you use curved walls or moo on those doors by any chance?
    did you go to manage worlds and back?
    *is starting to sound like tech support telling you to turn it off and on again*

I'm just worried for my own lots cause boy that sounds annoying :lol: didn't run into it in windenburg and forgotten hollow at least yet thank watcher
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,918 Member
    edited July 2022
    Here I had a lot of bugs as well.

- My sims can’t have pillow fights, it doesn’t work ;(
    - Molly invited my sim’s DAD to prom.
    - My sims can do their homework at school but not at home.
    - Sometimes they won’t eat food they cook.
    - My adult sims post about prom on Social Bunny.
    - I had many female sims randomly generated in CAS with chest and back hair (EW!)
    - Surprisingly my sims can use CC beds, even though it’s buggy.
    Tbc
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I feel bad for finding this absolutely hilarious :lol: maybe he looked young for his age :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,918 Member

The worst part is, when he got the pop-up, she was actually in his home, visiting his daughter. He was shaving his beard and she was right outside the bathroom door like a stalker :lol:

He does look younger than his age, and she asked him to go to prom as friends, which he declined of course. I don’t if it’s sad, cringe or funny.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I feel bad for finding this absolutely hilarious :lol: maybe he looked young for his age :sweat_smile:

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Besides all the above mentioned, in my well functioning werewolf couple - you now being destiny meant for each other and all - the male suddenly wanted to part with his girlfriend. Both are very sad. And I am missing the option to turn off wants and fears like we could before.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited July 2022
    I have fame turned off but all of my sims are gaining fame. I can get the perks. When I check it says "step into the spotlight" like they aren't celebrities at all. But yet, here they are, one and two star celebs. Ugh...

Edit to say I fixed some of my issues. I deleted s4 folders and restarted vanilla, repaired the game, and now things are better. That was a lot to go through.
    Post edited by SikoahGrace on