The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"The Sandbox"- A Helpful And Creative "Junkyard Thread"!-

Comments

• Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited December 2009

Popping in to say HI to wish you a Happy New Year and to check out whats new.

Lil
  • Options
    rstheifrstheif Posts: 14 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi, i was looking at the creative corner threads and i fell in love with this one instantley. I have two lots up on the exchange i was wondering if you could quiteqe (did i spell that right?) the modern ranch one. It has a horrible cover pic, but is the only house i have worked on extensivley. :mrgreen:
    thanks and best of wishes,
    alexander(rstheif)
  • Options
    rstheifrstheif Posts: 14 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi, i was looking at the creative corner threads and i fell in love with this one instantley. I have two lots up on the exchange i was wondering if you could quiteqe (did i spell that right?) the modern ranch one. It has a horrible cover pic, but is the only house i have worked on extensivley. :mrgreen:
    thanks and best of wishes,
    alexander(rstheif)
  • Options
    XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited December 2009

BleachBleed-

If you were going to emulate someone, I can't think of anyone more qualified than ruthless_kk. I have her Design 101 Tutorial listed in My Favorites on My Page.

I see that you are fitting right in at Builders' 101. You should do quite well there. They are very nice people.

Lil-

Thanks for stopping by, and the supportive Bump. I will try to stop in at your creations thread if I can this very hectic pre- New Year's Eve week.

rstheif-

I do not really do walkthroughs of people's homes. That's what they do at Builders' 101. May I suggest that you visit them?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/121128.page

I do plan on sponsoring a thread that features pictorial reviews of people's homes, but I just launched "The Fun Lots Showcase". I need to settle in on that thread before I embark on another thread. There is a great degree of planning that goes into my threads, and I do not launch a new one until the previous one has established itself.

I may be able to provide you with some help in areas that I have talent in. Like providing you with some good pictures of your builds, and suggesting that you learn how to make a Cover Pic Slideshow. I have a Tutorial at My Studio.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=136397

I could help you give a makeover to your "Modern House" pictures, and you could re-upload it. All of your builds may do better once you learn some easy, basic tricks in promoting your builds.

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Hey Sunny!-

You need to get your siggy up!

Try Copy/Pasting this in the signature box of your My Preferences page-

[*url=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/140223.page][*img]"Your Image Address Here"[/img*][/url*]

This already includes a link to "Sunny's Creations". Just replace "Your Image Address Here" with the address of you siggy image.

Then just delete the four stars in the image & url brackets to make it work.

It should work then, if not, post something here; so I can correct it for you.

If you want to use a second "Berry Sweet" siggy, we could work on that too. I have been wanting to include one myself. Our two siggys will still be smaller than some of the billboards some people are using.

Good luck on your recent tutorial!

• Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2009
    Wow, XOX1, they're beautiful! I love it. I'll be saving them now.

You are so lucky youa ren't having these problems. I can't even get my game launcher to work. Period. I haven't got CAW so it ahs to be the patch :cry: If I lsoe all my data, I loose a nearly completed tomb and french manor :cry: Oh well.

Thanks again for the awesome siggies!

Sincerely Sunny

If you launcher is glitched, you can play the game by using the shortcut found in C:/Program Files/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/ Game/ Bin/ TS3 [or if you have WA, it will be in C:/Program Files/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 World Advntures/ Game/ Bin/ TS3EP1]. That will start the game WITHOUT the launcher. You still won't be able to upload things to the Exchange, but at least you'll be able to play.

hope that helps
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Thanks for pitching in Schweighsr!

• Options
    JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited December 2009
    I haven't had time for much of anything with the sims lately, with the 4 rugrats home for Christmas break! I did manage to start a new story, though! It's kind of silly, but if you want to read, here it is:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=150910

Everyone have a Happy New Year!
  • Options
    WickedKnightWickedKnight Posts: 189 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Happy New Year!
  • Options
    SunsetValley01SunsetValley01 Posts: 1,193 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for link XOX1, I did get it working :) Hope you had a Merry Holiday season and enjoy the New Year!

I also finished my second tomb tutorial if anyone is interested:

http://ca.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=151923

Sincerely, Sunny
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Julia-

Read your story. It was very well done. I think Sunny will work out the best as the nanny, although Hattie does well.

I gave you a REC for it.

Did you see my post a few pages back about making you a more unique siggy?

Wicked-

Thanks for your warm wishes!

Sunny-

Yay! I am so happy that your linked siggy is up, and working! Did you see the 2 new ones I made for you, and posted a few pages back?

I will visit your page, and look at your tutorials, give RECs & DLs, shortly. I also plan to add your tutorials to My Favorites on My Page. As soon as the soreness of sponsoring six New Year's Eve parties wears off.

General Announcement-

I am going to have a few easy days coming to me shortly. The New Year's crossover period is kind of rough for an event planner. At least I have the parties behind me. All I have to do now is pick up the pieces from the chaos, and some end-of-the-year paperwork. I always give my P.A. the first two weeks off, paid vacation, in January, because she takes care of things when I am on the ranch in Texas over the holidays.

I plan on using that time ingame. I will have some exciting new lessons, and creations to share with all of you shortly.

• Options
    nam24601nam24601 Posts: 650
    edited January 2010
    Sounds exciting; I can't wait! :)

Sorry I have been MIA lately, been very busy over the holidays. Things should (hopefully) be calming down for about a week, and then school will be starting again...so hopefully I will find some gaming time. Anyway, looking forward to your new lessons! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Nam-

Love the giesha!

I see you are in need of some advice on Chinese building styles. I happen to be very well informed in Chinese culture. My sister even adopted my niece from China.

I could help you in regards to classic Chinese building plans, if you like.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    That would be awesome...I was actually going for Japanese, but I'm sure they are similar. I have pics posted on 101...I would love to hear any suggestions! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Nam-

I have seen it, and am very impressed with the detail you have put into it.

Japanese and Chinese styles are very different.

The house you are building now is very much like the kind of house that one would see in Hong Kong. The designs are Chinese, but the layout is very European. This kind of mixture is seen in parts of China where there was strong European influences.

Japan had a closed door policy between the 16th to 19th century, and in their isolation, enjoyed a unique culture far different from the rest of Asia.

Your house is an extraordinary build. I made the above post before seeing the pictures.

If at some time in the future, you want to do an indigenous Chinese design, let me know, and I will advise you about their special ways.

• Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited January 2010
    I think this would fit under helpful info.

Does nanyone know if there are any mods for movie making
    Are there any sims 3 movies making websites

Thanks
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Jason-

Google= "Sims 3 movie making"

Check out sites refering to the "Mash Up Tool".

It seems to be the favorite of Sims 3 Movie Makers.

Hope this Helps!

• Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited January 2010

Popping in to say hi and give a friend of mine a friendly bump :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bumpity Bump bump! :)
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    SunsetValley01SunsetValley01 Posts: 1,193 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hello my friend, hope all is well. And a little bump for your thread. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes, I would love a new siggy! Don't have many ideas for one, all I can tell you is my fave color is red! Whatever you want to come up with is welcome!

EDIT: I would love a pic of a sea turtle somewhere in it, because sea turtles are my fave animals. Maybe Crush from Finding Nemo with a "Dude!" quote or something.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Julia-

I did these siggys before I saw your edited post. I did not know about your fav being a sea turtle.

This is just three siggys I made during a graphics session. I could, and most likely will be making more for you.

Create a "JBJ Siggys" folder on your desktop, and just save them into it as I post them here.

They are my gift to you, use them any way that you please.

#1-

JBJ-Siggy-01.png

#2-

JBJ-Siggy-02.png

#3-

JBJ-Siggy-03.png

Number 2 is my fav, so far.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    They are awesome, thank you! Yes, I like #2 best so far, too! Sorry, I thought of the sea turtle later!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just stopping by to say hello. I've been pretty busy lately, but I haven't forgotten about you! :)

Have fun! :)