Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Is Now Available! (Update From The Sims 7/29)

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    i did not get any alert for a new patch so when was it ready?

The patch was 7/26.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Now there is a mod for removing the phone.

@LiELF
    Werewolves will no longer rampage and google at the same time.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/lazarusinashesmods/691129246640472064
    @SilentKitty Thank you so much for posting the link to this mod. I've been putting off playing because I dreaded the phone obsession so much. I hate those phones!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    Daravi wrote: »
    Reading all these gamebreaking bugs and more mobile phone addiction, I think I'll better leave origin untouched for a while, even if I need some distraction from the stress at rl work. I have auto updates on and the moment I open it, it will update the sims. The ingame mobiles phones already annoy me to the abyss, even when I muted them, the sims still get a ton of messages, and now they'll get even more? Really? Was this change really necessary, ugh. It's enough for me, please bring a toggle to shut down the mobile phone in game. If you need a reason, call it sim city energy saving crisis.

@Daravi Put your computer in airplane mode, turn off your wireless, or otherwise disconnect from the Internet. You should be able to open Origin and it won't be able to update because you literally won't be connected to the Internet. You can play the game that way, and reconnect as soon as The Sims is open.

Thank you, I'll try that :smile:
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    So I’m curious. Since we got a patch update does that mean all the mods are out of safe again?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    So I’m curious. Since we got a patch update does that mean all the mods are out of safe again?

Patches always break mods. Sometimes not many, sometimes a shed load, like this time. Check out luthienrising's thread here to see which ones are broken and which have been updated:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001789/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-26-22-sexual-orientation-high-school-etc-patch/p1
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    LittleMsSam has a new mod that seems to be good for those of us who try to avoid the phones.

Stop Change Phone Color Obsession
    This Mod stops Sims from changing their Phone Color each time they travel or a Household gets loaded unless they do indeed have the default Phone Color. I also removed the camera focus code.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/691130453403582465/new-random-bug-fix
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Hmm...

Regarding the phones as an occult player. It makes the occult sims act wildly out of character. They break patterns that they have had for years in some cases, like the possessed sims. The rampaging werewolves should be so out of control that they cannot stop themselves from breaking computers or other valuable possessions, and then they stop to google. My little geek-werewolf broke her computer the first time she turned. She is a geek student who is dirt-poor so that was so irritating and awesome. I was sitting there just looking at the screen like "You are a loner, geek, don't break your computer!! You will be miserable going to the library to get your gaming-fix". If I patch my game the next werewolf would break stuff and then in the middle of being out of control they would start typing on the phone.

I get the impression that this feature was not tested with occult sims and that is why occult players are reacting strongly. Possessed sims have some remarkable animations, they are excellent. And now they are gone, you might get a scrolling sim instead of a possessed sim.

I love my occult sims and I just want them to act like themselves. It feels to risky to leave this to a mod that might not be updated because this is so important to my immersion in the story. Other players might feel differently.

Hope that they will make the occult sims act like themselves when they are supposed to be out of control, either possessed or rampaging.
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I don't want to sound rude, but after seeing all the quirky autonomous actions this update added to the game, I'll wait a while before updating. My game is in a good place right now and I'd much rather play than pull out my hair in frustration.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    honestly they just need to stop pushing phones on every sim add phone addiction trait for sims that it suits and stop pushing this phone thing on all sims ever

also let me please disable phones when playing sims that want none to do with techy techy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Is it safe to update your game now? Have they fix the aging issue and other things? I would like to update and play my save but I'm scared of all the bugs that were reported. :#
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Oh ok. Good to hear!

Thank you for replying @simgirl1010 .
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options

Updated my husband’s computer and started a vanilla save. Initial take is that I like the new UI for the phone and that skills go up very quickly.

Will be interesting to explore the new patch.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Updated my husband’s computer and started a vanilla save. Initial take is that I like the new UI for the phone and that skills go up very quickly.

I spotted a new option for sims to video call on the new phone UI while playing yesterday.
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »

I spotted a new option for sims to video call on the new phone UI while playing yesterday.

Oh… I will check it out.