Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Is Now Available! (Update From The Sims 7/29)

Comments

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Add me to those that just want the phones gone!
    They're the single most annoying thing for me in the game and got worse with the endless pop ups from random people wanting to know if they should date or have a baby .... and now apparently they've got even more intrusive.
    It's bad enough in real life, don't want my sims fixated on them too.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited July 2022
    I get that people spend way too much time on their phone nowadays but it's a bit obsessive now.

I want to join the 'take the phones away' club.

Add to the fact that after one interaction with a Sim, they somehow have your phone number and spam calls you all day.

The new icons are cute, the obsession with the phones is not. Also when and if they fix the phone issue in an update, hopeful they will also fix the amount of calls you get from Sims asking if they should date or asking your Sim to meet up, etc.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Cell phones....

It's like the movie Wall-E has become a documentary of what our future is going to be in a mere 10-20 years from now.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I get the walking with phone thing. A teacher in my high school actually got injured because she used her phone while using the stairs. There are videos on the internet of people literally walking into lamp posts because they use the phone too much.

I thought it was a teen-exclusive thing, but do not promote young risks. Especially after we now have the fear of death.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I get the walking with phone thing. A teacher in my high school actually got injured because she used her phone while using the stairs. There are videos on the internet of people literally walking into lamp posts because they use the phone too much.

I thought it was a teen-exclusive thing, but do not promote young risks. Especially after we now have the fear of death.

I often see adults doing it IRL and it's so irritating because they somehow just assume everyone else will step out of their way. It's inconsiderate and dangerous.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I see people crossing a busy street scotched to their phone not caring if the light is green for them or not.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I didn't even know we can use books as juice ingredients. Shame that it's gone, I would have loved to sell nasty book juice.

Excited for the curved walls. I want to build a diner and a curve would add so much character to it.
    No curved half-walls. :/ There goes my plan.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Speaking of phones, when you silence the phone for one member of the household, it auto silences the phone for the entire household. I just saw this feature. Now if they would just stay off the phone that would be excellent.

Just didn't know if anyone else noticed that.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @haisin @Kimmer A cat in my save became a Notable Newcomer a couple of months ago or so. My only guess is that her owner is famous (celebrity chef and author of a few cookbooks) and I think that friendly interactions and becoming friends with someone famous gains you fame.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Well at least they are addressing this problem. Hopefully the phone will be next

LC6S2fP.png

Also they put 'an concern' LOL
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Jadeysama wrote: »
    Does anyone have the mental health mod by zero? Im sure it broken but how do I fix it? :( Send help lol

@Jadeysama you can check the broken mods thread to see if it has been updated.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001789/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-26-22-sexual-orientation-high-school-etc-patch/p1
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I like it that all the "likes and dislikes" questions have been grouped in a conversation category. "Get to know" is in there, too, and has a shorter cooldown period. My Sim was able to get all 3 traits in a Sim evening.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    @haisin @Kimmer A cat in my save became a Notable Newcomer a couple of months ago or so. My only guess is that her owner is famous (celebrity chef and author of a few cookbooks) and I think that friendly interactions and becoming friends with someone famous gains you fame.
    Thanks for the info. :)
    It just doesn't seem to work on all of my saves because my biggest celebrity Sim (global celebrity) has a dog Maisie that he's had since I started playing his character, but Maisie has no fame. Poor little thing.
    Also my other bigger celebrity Sim has a dog who hasn't gained any fame. I guess it's all random. Randomness seems to be a Sims 4 thing. :smirk:
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Four months of gameplay: gone I just might quit playing until they decide to fix it.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Too much bugs I seen the pics people posted on twitter this might of been rushed to get people to buy it this is to sad :|
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm… I know that phones are a big part of our lives but I don’t find it amusing when it takes over my sims lives as well. I want to be doing things, not watching a sim watching a screen.

Why can’t we have phones as optional. I turn my phone off and put it in my backpack, wish my sims could do that too.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2022
    I am still on the pre-werewolves patch and reading this, it is looking like I might be staying with this setup for some time to come. I absolutely do not want to lose whims, which IMO, is about the only mechanic left that allows me to introduce some kind of randomness into the gameplay.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Where do i find the rounded walls tool? Until the aging thing is sorted i'm using this time to modify some builds.
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Where do i find the rounded walls tool? Until the aging thing is sorted i'm using this time to modify some builds.

It's a pre-set room template from empty rooms menu, just like rounded fences.
  • Options
    jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    Is this the patch that totally broke the game by aging all our sims... or is this the patch that fixed that patch????
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I am still on the pre-werewolves patch and reading this, it is looking like I might be staying with this setup for some time to come. I absolutely do not want to lose whims, which IMO, is about the only mechanic left that allows me to introduce some kind of randomness into the gameplay.

Same. My main computer is pre-werewolves and I hate that there are only base game wants. Whims were better. Unless something big changes, I don't foresee myself patching within the next couple months. The new HSY pack looks okay, but I want my current save to remain stable more than I want to play that pack.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Add me to those that just want the phones gone!
    They're the single most annoying thing for me in the game and got worse with the endless pop ups from random people wanting to know if they should date or have a baby .... and now apparently they've got even more intrusive.
    It's bad enough in real life, don't want my sims fixated on them too.

Seriously! I hate the phones, I hate them. I have wanted to turn them off since I started playing this game. And it's not just me. Many of us have been asking for years for a way to deactivate the phones. It's already a struggle to keep up with Sims who idle to playing stupid games on their phones. At least with computers I can set security preferences, lock them away in another room or delete them. But there's no escape whatsoever from this tedious, annoying, abominably fury-inducing phone use.

* If they wanted to have Sims walk with their phones, why didn't they make it an optional new walk style?

* If they wanted to offer new phone interactions and enthusiastic use that was invasive, why didn't they also offer an option to opt out?

* And for the love of sanity, why have they still, despite the begging and pleading for nearly 8 years, not built some kind of toggle or phone block to give an option for the many people who never liked it, never wanted it, or who don't play in modern eras in their games? It's not like retro-era gameplay is brand new to the Sims community. People have been doing that since Sims 1.

I'm just astounded sometimes by how cool (and optional) one thing can be, like Werewolves, in their own pack, and how utterly intrusive and extreme another thing can be, like this horrible phone mania, which maybe should have come in the HS pack so it could be avoided by those of us who can't stand it. I have to wonder if everyone in Batuu and Strangerville are on their phones as well?

I have not updated and will not, unless we ever get a toggle because I can't play the game like this, I get no enjoyment out of it, it gimps my play style and it just escalates my frustration. I was already hanging by a thread with the stupid phones. So now I have to find a way to turn off auto updates in Origin again or I can't play at all, which means I also can't get the new awesome things that I rallied for and was really looking forward to, and it's infuriating.

This feels like a surprise hijacking of the game and total betrayal of Occult and timeline players. For all the support and money and years I've put into this game, it's left me feeling hugely disappointed and a little sour. I might just go back to ttrpgs and my other games and focus elsewhere at this point.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Are you kidding me?

First I update my game and can't get past the logo. I repair my game.

Now I have installed this new expansion pack and when I load into a lot, the loading screen never ends. I'm repairing my game again.

Let me guess. The next update is going to blow my computer up or something.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    Okay now that I'm in the right thread. I think something got broken. My rampaging werewolf Sim was still able to go on her phone when she was supposed to be uncontrollable and not at all like herself.

FKEQCaV.png

And she pulling the phone out at random times even when she isn't rampaging.

This picture sent me 😂😂😂😂😂 i just had a flashback to before my sister got her own place.
    me and my sister ever since we were really little always made fun of game bugs and glitches. We would laugh for weeks maybe even months about them and then write stories about them and send them to eachother as secret letters. 🥺🥺
    They would later become inside jokes. I guess that's why I don't understand the concept of becoming angry or super upset over bugs. I couldn't get angry about it if I tried. A little annoyance is reasonable though.
    This one deserves a special place in my letter 😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seriously what is the point of picking your Sims sexual orientation when the game completely ignores it? I make every single Sim in my game straight no less than 10 seconds into playing one guy gets a crush on another do they put any thought into features at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"