Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I The Only One?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I don't really mess around too much. I do fill up NewCrest for concert venues, eateries and such when I'm playing my Main Save. I will delete or move Sims who occupy a lot I need and build on the lot, but that's only when I need the size lot. I tried to create a Template save, so I wouldn't have to waste so much time getting the 'world' ready to play my game. But I managed to overwrite it. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yeah that’s what I do with newcrest fill it with movie therefore bowling arcade restaurant etc. i hardly ever actually live there
    I don't really mess around too much. I do fill up NewCrest for concert venues, eateries and such when I'm playing my Main Save. I will delete or move Sims who occupy a lot I need and build on the lot, but that's only when I need the size lot. I tried to create a Template save, so I wouldn't have to waste so much time getting the 'world' ready to play my game. But I managed to overwrite it. :open_mouth:

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Yeah that’s what I do with newcrest fill it with movie therefore bowling arcade restaurant etc. i hardly ever actually live there

The Newcrest idea makes sense. I'll have to try that. I need a bowling alley, movie theater (although there aren't theater seats, are there?), and some other venues.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I rebuild every lot. It started as a personal challenge to see if I could fill an entire world with just my builds. That turned into making an entire save file with my sims and builds.

I keep meaning to do that but I get bored and frustrated easily.

It's definitely a process but it really helped my building skills. It took around a year, maybe longer, to complete but I didn't solely focus on building or working on that save. When I would get bored of gameplay, I would build.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I rebuild every lot. It started as a personal challenge to see if I could fill an entire world with just my builds. That turned into making an entire save file with my sims and builds.

I keep meaning to do that but I get bored and frustrated easily.

It's definitely a process but it really helped my building skills. It took around a year, maybe longer, to complete but I didn't solely focus on building or working on that save. When I would get bored of gameplay, I would build.

I definitely need to think about it. Do you use particular themes for each "world?" I think I'd probably do that if I go down that route. The trouble is, I would first need to decide which theme(s) I want to play. I have a bunch of saves I haven't played in a while that I don't want to delete yet, plus an idea for a sitcom themed world, but I think I would leave the world mostly as it is for the sitcom world, because when I build I either go random and freeform or historical. I don't enjoy building modern houses.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I don’t remake them myself, but I use completely renovated save files made by other builders. I like my worlds to have consistency in design. The standard base lots have been getting better, but I love having community lots that pull from multiple packs so that there’s more for sims to do on any lot. For example, a restaurant with a bowling alley, or movie theater with a nightclub. Right now I’m working on making over all the townies to put together my own starter save, full of my favorite lots and favorite sims.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Seeing all these threads with all these beautiful redoes of the worlds makes me wonder am I the only one who doesn't change worlds up? I actually never thought of doing it just because most of the time I don't stay with the same save. I am right now since I'm doing a legacy challenge. But just curious do some people just keep the towns the same as they were?

Same. I honestly don't care about building or redecorating so I just leave them be. I'm more into gameplay and planning their outfits and such lol.

But of course with Newcrest, I just download buildings from the gallery and put some restaurants there or whatever.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

The Newcrest idea makes sense. I'll have to try that. I need a bowling alley, movie theater (although there aren't theater seats, are there?), and some other venues.

I put my movie theater down on Magnolia Promenade. And the werewolves pack has theater seats. The old fashioned one just looks old and a little worn, while the more modern one with the cup holder is beat up, but we do now have them.
  • Options
    I definitely need to think about it. Do you use particular themes for each "world?" I think I'd probably do that if I go down that route. The trouble is, I would first need to decide which theme(s) I want to play. I have a bunch of saves I haven't played in a while that I don't want to delete yet, plus an idea for a sitcom themed world, but I think I would leave the world mostly as it is for the sitcom world, because when I build I either go random and freeform or historical. I don't enjoy building modern houses.

I try to stick to the original architectural design of each world but I sometimes deviate from that. For example my Willow Creek, at one point, was almost all Edwardian-inspired houses. I've since kind of redesigned a couple of the neighborhoods but Pendula View (Goth neighborhood) is still mostly Edwardian-inspired.

With Windenburg, I have mostly tudor-style except for Crumbling Isle, which are more modern-ish beach houses.

Modern houses are definitely a weakness for me. I've built a few over the years but I'm not really great with that style. They always turn out too boxy for my taste. I'm in awe of those that can do them, and do them well.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member

I try to stick to the original architectural design of each world but I sometimes deviate from that. For example my Willow Creek, at one point, was almost all Edwardian-inspired houses. I've since kind of redesigned a couple of the neighborhoods but Pendula View (Goth neighborhood) is still mostly Edwardian-inspired.

With Windenburg, I have mostly tudor-style except for Crumbling Isle, which are more modern-ish beach houses.

Modern houses are definitely a weakness for me. I've built a few over the years but I'm not really great with that style. They always turn out too boxy for my taste. I'm in awe of those that can do them, and do them well.

I have to admit that in terms of aesthetics, I prefer the look of older houses anyway,

Do you start with one neighbourhood and focus solely upon that before expanding, or would you make a plan for everything first?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    My Sim usually dies within the day I make them, so no.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    My Sim usually dies within the day I make them, so no.

Wow, what? What are you doing to these poor simmies????
  • Options
    I have to admit that in terms of aesthetics, I prefer the look of older houses anyway,

Do you start with one neighbourhood and focus solely upon that before expanding, or would you make a plan for everything first?

I started with one world at a time. I may bounce around from lot to lot, neighborhood to neighborhood but I stayed within the world. Sometimes I struggle with floorplanning and/or decorating so when I'm unsure of what I want to do, I'll move onto another lot until I decide.

If you'd like some inspiration, my save file thread is linked in my signature. There are pictures of all the worlds in the second post, on the first page.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm going to endorse @SweetieWright_84 's save file. I found it last fall, and since then, I've exclusively played in her Simworld.

I'll occasionally substitute a few houses I really like; in one save, I wanted to fill the world with Young Adults and watch them build their lives and relationships, so I replaced large, family houses with cute starter homes. I still found myself sticking largely with @SweetieWright_84 's aesthetic.

I have a serious weakness for Craftsman houses, so I tend to pick a few starter homes in that style. I'd also enjoy filling a street with Victorian houses, but they're often (realistically) "cluttered." This creates all kind of difficulties for Sims, who stumble into dead ends and spend all their time waving their hands in the air.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    I'm going to endorse @SweetieWright_84 's save file. I found it last fall, and since then, I've exclusively played in her Simworld.

I'll occasionally substitute a few houses I really like; in one save, I wanted to fill the world with Young Adults and watch them build their lives and relationships, so I replaced large, family houses with cute starter homes. I still found myself sticking largely with @SweetieWright_84 's aesthetic.

I have a serious weakness for Craftsman houses, so I tend to pick a few starter homes in that style. I'd also enjoy filling a street with Victorian houses, but they're often (realistically) "cluttered." This creates all kind of difficulties for Sims, who stumble into dead ends and spend all their time waving their hands in the air.

Thank you, @MoonlightGraham. I also like a good craftsman house but have yet to find a world where it completely fits.
  • Options
    zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    I'm still filling up Newcrest rn so I haven't started redoing other worlds, but I don't think I would redo Oasis Springs entirely cause some of the premade lots genuinely look good so I don't wanna bulldoze them. I'm not interested in Willow Creek so I probably will leave that one be. Now Copperdale tho? Definitely a candidate for total makeover
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• Options
    PlutohasaheartPlutohasaheart Posts: 25 Member
    I don't remake them. I may do a little bit of tweaking here and there, but generally I just leave my towns as is and concentrate on the gameplay, and I tend to stick with the same save and rotate through all the families in that save, and try to play through each pack depending on my mood that day. Mostly, if I'm changing anything up substantially, it's gonna be a residential lot that I don't like the way it's laid out or decorated or I'm trying to make it fit the sim family that I've moved into it a little better. With public lots, I generally just leave them as is and I rarely change them.