Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-Made Makeovers

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,904 Member
    @Chicklet453681 They turned out great, both of them responded well to just a few tweaks. Where did you get the default skin replacement? I'm still looking for options other than alpha skins.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Chicklet453681 They turned out great, both of them responded well to just a few tweaks. Where did you get the default skin replacement? I'm still looking for options other than alpha skins.

Thanks!

Trust me I know the struggle! I have been searching for a long time too, because the screenshots of the creators pics always look good, but typically they are also all dolled up with other things (such as skin detail shines, highlights, blush, contour, etc) and when I would get them in the game they would look nothing like I was expecting.

OR .........

They were so defined that every single sim looked like they were related because they all had the same nose and mouth.

I wanted a default skin that enhanced each and every unique sim I created/played without making them look like I had a town of clones.

So yesterday I tested many, many default skins (and I wanted it to be default so I didn't have to keep trying to figure out which skin overlay I liked, I don't enjoy CAS that much to go through 50 overlays only to forget which one I DID like after testing them all.

This creator has several default skins on her site, which I tested all of them and did a print screen from CAS for each skin I tested so I could compare them all.

SIDE-BY-SIDE COMPARISON
    zUpexf4.png

***NOTE: The only CC this sim has on are some default eyebrow replacements (which I personally am not digging, so I'll be on the hunt for some different ones), and her eyelashes. All other differences is from the default skin itself.

What I liked about this one, was it is subtle, it allows the sim you create to retain the look you gave it without making it look like a entirely different sim like some overlays do. It just softens out EA's oddly dark shadows on the face, brightens the over all face and gives a more realistic and less pointed and blocky look to the lips. Plus it has a very slight nose shine and has mouth corners already included on the skin plus it softens the nostril holes.

This skin is by Llumi and can be found here:
    https://llumisims.tumblr.com/post/673646091747655680/freesia-default-non-default-skin-default

It also has nice tummy and bum-bum definitions and remains smooth without looking overly realistic and keeping with the MM style. And, another plus in my books was the fact that the skin also has a slight skin-toned nail texture which is perfect for kids, toddlers, and males that you don't want to give actual nails to.

The only thing it did not have was actual breast cleavage for well-endowed ladies, which is perfectly fine for me since I don't want all my females to rock eye-popping hooters! So I found a very nice universal MM cleavage overlay that works with any skin and comes in 4 different extremes, which I tested on lots of skin tones (and sim ages, such as adult and elderly sims) to see how it would look. Which btw, Judith Ward, looked smashing with her age-induced gravity sagging ta-ta's while rocking the cleavage overlay.

• Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the information!

The job that you did with Eliza is amazing, Bob too, that's the kind of look that I'm still trying to master, less is more. A lot of that has been my reluctance to let go of the last bits of alpha cc I have left, makeup. I have everything Izzie McFire and Zenx have released at TSR in my mods folder. I go back to them constantly out of habit. Zenx is so heavy on the reds and glossy textures, Izzie is more toned down, mauves, but still big on shiny, super glossy textures, obviously they don't lend themselves to understatement. I'm really wanting more nudes and mattes which I'm finding in MM. But since I have all that alpha still in my mods folder it's hard to find the MM stuff that's in there somewhere when I get into CAS. I will say Izzie has some good understated eyeshadows, blushes, and contours, but so does Crypticsim.

Crypticsim is the one I go looking for now when it's time to do makeup. His stuff covers the whole spectrum from mild to wild. Ladysimmer is another that I've gotten into from the MM side, but her stuff, especially blushes and contours can be a bit too bold. She does have a nice cleavage overlay that I like. Anonimux_simmer has some good stuff too that I have adding to the folder lately.

I still have to do the unthinkable and pull all of that pretty alpha makeup out and get rid of it. I'm making myself a promise, when I'm done with this post, I am going to say goodbye to the alpha makeup. With that said, don't be shocked if this post turns into War & Peace. It also means I have to take my main character Danielle from Tartosan Sun into the salon and fix her look because she's going to lose a few elements here and there. Thankfully makeup is more fun and less difficult to fix than bald and naked sims.

One of the big problems I run into with both alpha and MM skins are so many of them looked incredibly washed out. They look like the palest Maxis vampire skin that's been left to fade in the sun. And some of the MM skins look like 5lbs. of foundation applied with a garden trowel, the definition of the features has been covered up. That skin you linked to looks perfect. While I have Danielle in the chair doing the makeup I want to try it on her. After I switched her hair to an MM style I forgot to double check the skin. I pulled all of my alpha skins one night only to realize to my horror how much different she looks without it. (S-Club Bassis 6.0 if anyone wants to know) Since I had already started a story thread with that look I decided to keep that one skin until I find one that is close. Thanks to you, I may have found it.

I know what you mean about the attack of the clones with alpha skins. I made the same observation to someone in another thread, that all my female sims were starting to look eerily alike. Ok, here I go.....I'm going to hit post comment then go clean out the alpha makeup....I can do this...here I go...Did I tell you the joke about....

• Options
    @DaniRose2143 You don't have to pull the plug 100%, you can do like I did.

I pulled my alpha CC out and saved it in a folder on my desktop to put back in if I ever played a save (which I also marked as "alpha" so I would know it was a save that needed my other CC in it or I'd have bald and naked sims running around) and put those saves inside of my Alpha CC gameplay folder for safe keeping. That way if I ever really needed an alpha fix I could just put it back in my mods folder.
    The other thing that really helped me switch to 95% MM was looking at and searching MM CC SITES ONLY! That way I would not be tempted to D/L and hoard all the amazing new alpha CC I came across. I don't even look at TSR anymore to download new stuff because I would be pulled into that whirlpool of grabbing every single thing! And, the weird thing is, I'm actually a Build/Buy CC creator for them! LOL I started out creating 100% of my CC as alpha, not chunky and clunky at all and only using realistic textures. One of my good friends (Ravasheen) tried for years to get me to convert to MM and even though I've made some MM stuff, it wasn't something I really enjoyed at that time. But, now because I have been actually playing the game with only MM stuff, my style of creating CC objects is gravitating more to the MM side of CC (although using Simlish fonts on my CC is still something I struggle with because in my mind I'm like "How are they even going to know what it's saying?")

I do still use a smidge of alpha CC and will probably never, ever give that up! Because these are absolute "Must Haves" for me
    • Eyelashes
    • Shoes
    • Eyebrows
    • Facial Hair for Men
    • Body Hair

But all of my hairs, clothing, makeup and build buy objects are 100% MM.

• Options
    @Chicklet453681 I do the same, I have a folder labeled Alpha Backup for 99% of what I remove. You and I are one the same page with not doing away with everything. I keep shoes, brows, and beards too. I don't have any lashes or body hair though. Brows are the one item from Zenx that stayed in, I do need to put Seleng's brows back in. I pulled them in the previous round of alpha purges a week ago, but I miss them. They were my faves, and got pulled by accident when I pulled all her other items. For shoes I still have Madlen's stuff, but it's been bypassed by Dallas Girl. Dallas Girls shoes and Pipco's clothes are interesting. Some of their creations are definitely MM, but some blur the line between the two styles. Beards are nothing but Zenx and Seleng.

I may go on a body hair and eyelash hunt shortly. I used to have lashes from Kujiko but lost them when I switched computers last year and I never bothered to go get them again. I was going to back in the game and check out those skins from Llumni. Not only am I curious how they'll look on my pic sim, but I want to see what they do for my makeovers of Liberty and Summer.

I do have a lot of your BB items, and I might even have all of it or close to it. I am a serial rampage downloader of CC so it wouldn't surprise me if I do.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited April 2022
    @naeshelle which sim is that, she looks amazing?
    @DaniRose2143 your Liberty Lee looks amazing.
    @sortaliving I do the same thing when populating worlds.
    I love seeing what everyone has done with their precmades.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Pardon the rush job, I wanted to knock these out really quick so they aren't as nice as I can make them but they highlight the difference the Llumni skin makes. Both Liberty and Summer have already had makeovers with no cc skin added, this is just adding that skin.
    BeforeNNKLnlH.png?1
    After51qh48N.png?1
    Before55BNkNK.png?1
    AftermntG7N3.png?1

The difference shows up more in the game than it does here.
  • Options
    Pardon the rush job, I wanted to knock these out really quick so they aren't as nice as I can make them but they highlight the difference the Llumni skin makes. Both Liberty and Summer have already had makeovers with no cc skin added, this is just adding that skin.
    BeforeNNKLnlH.png?1
    After51qh48N.png?1
    Before55BNkNK.png?1
    AftermntG7N3.png?1

The difference shows up more in the game than it does here.

I can see the difference! They look ah-mazing! Their faces are softer and their lips are shaped nice and rounded.

But the question is, how are YOU feeling about them? I know it's a big adjustment from alpha cc to MM cc, especitally a subtle skin that just highlights their features but doesn't really change them.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Thank you!

I love that skin, and it shows up more on Liberty. She has that shine across her cheeks and nose which distracts from her look. That is gone and the skin tone is more even which shows off her beauty even more. Liberty for the longest time was the hardest premade for me to find a look that I was satisfied with. All it took was to ditch the alpha cc and she shined. That skin on Summer finishes off an already beautiful look, the cherry on top if you will. They really do show off better in the game than in the screenshots. I was in such a hurry I didn't get the best shots.

On my sim Danielle, the look isn't as flattering, but she has a top shelf alpha skin. She will look better once I find the right combination of blush and contour. The contour is blended into the skin she has now so with it the difference is more drastic in the other direction because of the loss of facial shaping. Without the alpha skin her jaw has a bit wider, rounder look, and she loses some color and definition. It's a gap that can be mostly corrected with just the right selection of blush and contour, and maybe go up a shade or two on skin tone. It will be fun to dive in and play around with her look.
  • Options
    @JestTru Thank you! She has so much hidden potential that was buried under that quirky original look.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Since Danielle is made from the Maxis-made sim Kat Jenkins I will fall back on that fact to say she is a premede and bring her in to show the difference more drastically.
    Alpha: S-Club Bassis 6.0
    PqAXpaU.png?1

Maxis Match: Llumni Freesia
    rtROZrf.png?1

That's the power of alpha. No changes except the skins. Taking off the alpha she loses some of the golden tone, the jawline rounds out a bit just behind the chin, and there is a major change around the bridge of her nose and the inner corners of her eye sockets.
  • Options
    Since Danielle is made from the Maxis-made sim Kat Jenkins I will fall back on that fact to say she is a premede and bring her in to show the difference more drastically.

That's the power of alpha on full display. No changes except the skins. Taking off the alpha she loses some of the golden tone, the jawline rounds out a bit just behind the chin, and there is a major change around the bridge of her nose and the inner corners of her eye sockets.

Yeah I can see the difference, the MM skin gives her a much younger, more cartoony look. But to me (because I don't see her everyday) it's not overly drastic.

Like honestly if you had not said anything, I would have never known that was an alpha skin. When I think of alpha skins, I think of the ones that are super realistic.
  • Options

That's the power of alpha on full display. No changes except the skins. Taking off the alpha she loses some of the golden tone, the jawline rounds out a bit just behind the chin, and there is a major change around the bridge of her nose and the inner corners of her eye sockets.

Yeah I can see the difference, the MM skin gives her a much younger, more cartoony look. But to me (because I don't see her everyday) it's not overly drastic.

Like honestly if you had not said anything, I would have never known that was an alpha skin. When I think of alpha skins, I think of the ones that are super realistic.

It blows my mind that there are skins even more realistic then that. I take back what I said about that being a top shelf alpha skin.😁 I have been using variations of her for a while now so like you say the difference is more stark to my eyes. That maxis skin is still beautiful on her and just needs the right complimentary makeup.

• Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    @naeshelle which sim is that, she looks amazing?

Sorry for responding so late, that's Bess Sterling! I adjusted her face a tad & gave her straight hair so she may be a little unrecognizable but that's her!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,974 Member
    edited June 2022
    Kalamainu'u Iona got mini makeover today
    was sad that theres still no nails for mermaid form it seems
    hCqN2ri.png
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi, I'm back, been a while, but I gave Temperance from the paranormal pack a bit of a makeover recently (as per my style, only changed clothes, makeup, and haircut, no edits to body face, or hair/skin/eye color), and I quite like how it turn out!

J96W6d0.pngrYgoIuC.png

I also changed her aspiration to the villainous valentine one, as that seemed thematic! But I wanted to try and make her look a little more from a by-gone era (was shooting for an upper class 1920s-ish vibe, to match Guidry, since I think they were meant to be alive and die around the same time??), and I think in terms of that goal, I managed pretty well, considering I don't really use cc these days lol :D

For comparison, this was her original look, which is fine, but just didn't make sense to me in terms of what her story is supposed to be

dhP9sQQ.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,924 Member
    @FanPhoria Cool makeover! I think you nailed the time period. Is there something unique about Temperance's skin coloration and/or transparency? That face/arm color plus the ghosty fading-away of her clothes and legs is so unique. (I don't have Paranormal so can't peek myself)
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2022
    @FanPhoria Cool makeover! I think you nailed the time period. Is there something unique about Temperance's skin coloration and/or transparency? That face/arm color plus the ghosty fading-away of her clothes and legs is so unique. (I don't have Paranormal so can't peek myself)

The coloring only appears that way in CAS, which I accessed for this household using the MCCC mod. She appears more transparent in game, and it's the same with Guidry (regular ghost transparency in game, semi-colored in CAS). I've never seen it with any other ghosts either, so i don't know if it's unique to the paranormal pack, unique to just these 2 sims, or if they started doing ghosts differently at some point. I agree, it looks really cool, and certainly makes dressing and styling ghosts in CAS much easier, lol.
  • Options
    IellonisIellonis Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Simmingal said:
    > Edited Laurent/Thebe household today since CAS is only non laggy thing in my game at the moment
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I guess I just kinda wanted to make them look bit more... rich :lol:
    > and in my mind Greta is gonna be grandmas favourite :blush: so I tried to make her look bit more like ''rich pirate heiress''
    > yeah, no excuse for the random gloves they just vibed I guess she uses them to do gardening :lol:
    >
    > unsure what I want to do with Hilary and Hector tbh
    > but Hilary had been punched in the face with makeup so I really wanted to make her look somewhat more subtle :sweat_smile:
    >
    > idk about Jace I liked his shirt but it just kept throwing off my tries to add blue to his outfit to go with his likes so I just made him posh kid and its sort of reminding me of alexander goth now *sighs* oh well. maybe he will grow up better
    >
    > oh and I dyed grandmas hair a little cause i felt like it needed to be freshened up just a little

Sorry to bump a post from back in March! These are some nice edits for the Laurent household! I just wanted to ask if you'd ever considered adding them to your Gallery! Thanks!
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2022
    I know for sure that there has been topics like this before, but I didn't want to go back and dig around for one (I did check the first ten pages of this discussion and didn't find anything recent), so I figured I'd start a new one :)

Anyway, for the longest time, I didn't have base game pre-mades in my game since I deleted them all when I first got the game and then I just kept playing different variations of the same save for ages. Well, at the beginning of the new year, I finally started a brand new save and decided to keep all the pre-mades, and I've been having fun slowly giving them all makeovers. I like to try to keep them as similar to their original looks as possible while still giving them a fresh look. Here are my favorites so far, and I'd love to see yours (they don't have to be just base game sims either!

I redeemed the updated Alexander Goth. <3
    Child
    52250529241_ef0ce97acd_h.jpg

Teen
    52250529171_3d65e4c453_h.jpg

ETA: He's still a child in my game, so his teen pic is a sneak peek.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,974 Member
    edited July 2022
    Iellonis wrote: »
    Sorry to bump a post from back in March! These are some nice edits for the Laurent household! I just wanted to ask if you'd ever considered adding them to your Gallery! Thanks!
    00.jpg
    Laurents
    are now in gallery :blush: although warning I apparently used many many packs for no reason whatsoever :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    IellonisIellonis Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Simmingal said:
    > Laurents
    > are now in gallery :blush: although warning I apparently used many many packs for no reason whatsoever :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much!! They look very classy.