Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-Made Makeovers

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited April 2022
    Wow your Judith Ward is beautiful! Would you be willing to share her/where you got the cc for her?
    Thanks. :3 She's on the Gallery right now. ID: ladykyn
    You'll have to toggle it to show being CC. Here's a show of some of her outfits.
    zZ9CMPv.png

Most of her dresses are from Sentate (1949 collection I think?) The hat from Rusty.

Eyelashes from MM from Pickypikachu
    Default skin is Madmono's Ultraviolet with the skin overlay from Luumia's of Ooh Smooth 2 skinblend.
    Lulz eyes by Simmandy
    Cleavage overlay by Pralaine Sims
    Necklace in 3rd pic is also from Sentate from fancy schamancy jewlwery collection.
    Aggy Hair by Curbs (There's some standalne recolorsby others along with someone that removed the clip as well)
    Shoes some by Sentate and some by Curbs (the heels that are like sling backs are curbs they have a weird numbering system of how they name their CC)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    @LadyKyn How do you get those shots side by side like that? I know you need PSP or Gimp. I have Gimp installed but I'm not sure, do you import the pic from the screenshot folder or from the picture host site, Imgur in my case? After you get the pic in and cropped, then I think it's save each pic as a layer and then merge them, then export as a png? It's been so long since I worked with photo editing software. I messed around in Gimp over the weekend and was lost.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    @DaniRose2143 aww she's darling, hmm makes me want to play with them I wonder what she's up to in one of my active saves.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited April 2022
    @DaniRose2143 aww she's darling, hmm makes me want to play with them I wonder what she's up to in one of my active saves.

I hadn't really messed around with her looks much in the past, but turns out she is a gorgeous little lump of clay that you mold in so many ways.
    @LadyKyn How do you get those shots side by side like that? I know you need PSP or Gimp. I have Gimp installed but I'm not sure, do you import the pic from the screenshot folder or from the picture host site, Imgur in my case? After you get the pic in and cropped, then I think it's save each pic as a layer and then merge them, then export as a png? It's been so long since I worked with photo editing software. I messed around in Gimp over the weekend and was lost.

Hii, oh I use PS. Use to use gimp often as it was similar to photoshop, but I'm so use to PS more than anything. Mostly editing by cropping part of the photo then shift clicking the photo and dragging it to the other window where I want and moving it rather than importing the iages I just oen them all up.
    5vJrxmT.png

Hii, oh I use PS. Use to use gimp often as it was similar to photoshop, but I'm so use to PS more than anything. Mostly editing by cropping part of the photo then shift clicking the photo and dragging it to the other window where I want and moving it rather than importing the iages I just oen them all up.

Thank you so much. I should have thought of that. That would be so much simpler. I did have another question. You can upload sims with cc to the gallery? I thought they had to be cc free? If I can that would be fantastic. I'd love to make the sims I work on or makeover available to everyone.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited April 2022
    Never mind
    edited April 2022

Thank you so much. I should have thought of that. That would be so much simpler. I did have another question. You can upload sims with cc to the gallery? I thought they had to be cc free? If I can that would be fantastic. I'd love to make the sims I work on or makeover available to everyone.

Yep. Though the CC isn't going to show in your game unless you already have it in your mods folder so it doesn't function like the old way of sharing sims that comes prepackaged with CC. If there was enough characters in gallery description I'd list everything on the sim. I dunno if it'll tell you in the sims tray when you download a sim from a gallery with CC that's not present to make it easier though never tried it.

Also to keep the thread on track here's a re-do of Alice from the Spencer-Kim resident along with others.
    mpGnlZv.png
    ZdG7EQh.png
    8VAus9Q.png
    ZmfPctx.png
    klJ8iIh.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited April 2022

you could also just open them up in paint and copy the area of picture you want and attach to the other picture until you have them all side by side

much simpler i think than in actual editing programs with their fancy tools and layers

then again if you want to erase background you do need editing program or then theres pixlr you can run without having to download program to hog space on your computer so i use that and the magic wand thingie

though if the background is way too detailed i delete most of it in paint first with select tool or eraser
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
    edited April 2022

Yep. Though the CC isn't going to show in your game unless you already have it in your mods folder so it doesn't function like the old way of sharing sims that comes prepackaged with CC. If there was enough characters in gallery description I'd list everything on the sim. I dunno if it'll tell you in the sims tray when you download a sim from a gallery with CC that's not present to make it easier though never tried it.

Also to keep the thread on track here's a re-do of Alice from the Spencer-Kim resident along with others.
    mpGnlZv.png
    ZdG7EQh.png
    8VAus9Q.png
    ZmfPctx.png
    klJ8iIh.png

Thank you. That changes everything with how I planned to do new sims and makeovers. I think I'll go and try to download a sim with CC just to see what happens. And I've putting off cleaning out my mods folder. I need to take everything that doesn't have a creator name or file name listed in the thumbnail. It's a pain trying hunt down the specific file, especially makeup. A dress or top is pretty easy to find.

Again, thank very much for your help! It is greatly appreciated!

ETA: You did a fantastic job with the Kim-Lewis'! Where did you get Eric's hair? I was looking for something similar for a Marcus Flex re-do. Sorry for being rude and only focused on your answer to me.

edited April 2022

you could also just open them up in paint and copy the area of picture you want and attach to the other picture until you have them all side by side

much simpler i think than in actual editing programs with their fancy tools and layers

then again if you want to erase background you do need editing program or then theres pixlr you can run without having to download program to hog space on your computer so i use that and the magic wand thingie

though if the background is way too detailed i delete most of it in paint first with select tool or eraser

Thank you too! That sounds even easier, I have to check though because I may have to download paint. I'm on a Mac and to be honest I've never looked to see if there is a program like it. I'm not real worried about the backgrounds, I'll probably do most right in CAS. Thank you so much for the ideas. You and LadyKyn have been very helpful!

• spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    This is actually not a pre-made but Myself, it was the first time I attempted to make My YOUNGER self in the Sims and I was really surprised how close it came to really looking accurate without using any CC. I know it is off topic however I will start posting some Pre-made makeovers in the near future. Most of mine have died off in my current save so I will have to see who is left.
    9wdfnuq.png?1
    I don't think Morgan from Windenburg ever rolled a pinkie look before so I decided to let her grow out of her goth look even though I normally don't and I've played her a ton. Wolfgang however...I saw an old makeover of him with white hair and hey I'm for it.
    MJqsWfU.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    I don't think Morgan from Windenburg ever rolled a pinkie look before so I decided to let her grow out of her goth look even though I normally don't and I've played her a ton. Wolfgang however...I saw an old makeover of him with white hair and hey I'm for it.
    MJqsWfU.png

I love that look on Morgan, it suits her beautifully! Wolfgang has never looked better.
    @DaniRose2143 Glad to hear it, I sometimes have a hard time stepping out of what fits a sim but since I've done it to the Goths it's not so impossible. I just love Wolfy I have done many things for him ha. Also not sure I have to keep tagging you since you seem as available as I am don't mean to be a bother it's just habit for me.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @DaniRose2143 Glad to hear it, I sometimes have a hard time stepping out of what fits a sim but since I've done it to the Goths it's not so impossible. I just love Wolfy I have done many things for him ha. Also not sure I have to keep tagging you since you seem as available as I am don't mean to be a bother it's just habit for me.

By all means tag away, you're not going to bother me.๐Ÿ˜ Pushing boundaries is when makeovers are the most fun, seeing where the line is. You might walk back from it before you finish but that's all part of creating fabulous looks! Everything on Morgan just works so well all the other elements. This would be the perfect spot for a chef's kiss emoji.

Thank you. That changes everything with how I planned to do new sims and makeovers. I think I'll go and try to download a sim with CC just to see what happens. And I've putting off cleaning out my mods folder. I need to take everything that doesn't have a creator name or file name listed in the thumbnail. It's a pain trying hunt down the specific file, especially makeup. A dress or top is pretty easy to find.

Again, thank very much for your help! It is greatly appreciated!

ETA: You did a fantastic job with the Kim-Lewis'! Where did you get Eric's hair? I was looking for something similar for a Marcus Flex re-do. Sorry for being rude and only focused on your answer to me.

Most welcome. I do like the above comment about paint, though thing is with that the resolution in paint ruins images if you decide you wanted to rescale if you wanted to do a bit more.

The hair is from the formerly known savvysweet now known as sheabuttyr.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    Here's my take on Bess. I decided to channel her inner Bad Gyal for a more sophisticated scammer look. (Please excuse the fact that her eyes are closed in the up close shot. I took like 10 of those & she insisted on blinking in every. single. one.)

IzNEm4N.png
    xEbZAhF.png
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I have a custom save that I've been working on for a couple of years now, I suppose it will always be a work in progress. I'm still working on redoing all the townies. Here are the Rasoyas, Geeta
    oKS4rB8.jpg

and Raj
    O8zXwoB.jpg
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
    edited April 2022
    I finally did a makeover of Liberty Lee that I liked. She has been the trickiest for me. Turns out all I needed to do was ditch the alpha skin overlays and such. In my mind she has two sides. The everyday Liberty, simple outfits, little or no makeup and jewelry.
    ote0hb7.png?1

But she also has a girly side that she lets out when it comes time to party or go to a formal event.
    MDyeq7a.png

I have to explore her looks in more detail later. I wanted to get quick makeovers done on her and Travis since they're going to be a part of my Under The Tartosan Sun story. How big their parts will be I still don't know, because bringing Summer into the story was a spur of the moment decision. And once Summer was in, they were in too. I was so happy with how she turned out I felt like sharing.

• sortalivingsortaliving Posts: 20 Member
    You guys are really good at this. What I like to do is go on the Maxis page on the gallery and populate the world with their trailer sims and such.
    edited April 2022
    @DaniRose2143 She is adorable.

Don't ask why..I don't know, I was going through old pics and found a few I just wanted to share one more time that haven't seen the light of day in a couple years now I think. Let's call it, ideas for makeovers.
    9epkNNk.png
    Katrina Caliente and her beau there didn't get too much but he's Supriya's husband...don't remember why.
    xsq9g6A.png
    I played him as his own son but this is pop winter...just hot.
    vYfwuk6.png
    Then the pancakes who I use way too often...Ah I remember in this save they were divorced but stayed close and Iggy called his stepdad I think to get her to come check on Bobby and I believe he was having a breakdown over the made over Don Lothario or he was lonely and this was just before they met.
    1mSeGQt.png
    pW1ZJi9.png
    Better look at Bob , Don, and Iggy as a teen if you want.
    lA2D557.png
    I thought about this picture for Morgan and Wolfgang after they got married I think I lost this save to an unknown bug which I could never figure out cause back then I had a lot of saves all with the same mods and cc but only ever had every other save break down on me. Anyways I thought of them looking at their current makeovers.
    c6kNP96.png
    And the new makeover I do still have the couple for...wait I think I uploaded the pancakes at different times mmhmm.
    Oh one more old cursed one.
    hMVE4O3.png
    These are THE vampires, I remember cause this makes me laugh but uh Caleb, Lilith and Vlad look good in Del Sol, I don't think I have the goths that also got this hard core treatment I'll just let you imagine that.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Guess it's quiet here but I got to dressing up the Fyres was playing with cc for Siobhan and her mother.
    YIdG2qT.png
    L6FA5BW.png
    794JoPl.png
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited April 2022
    Edited Babs and Ollie as I added them to Willow Creek
    Xd5GA7E.png
    9btwLb5.png'
    now they just need many many kids
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yesterday, I started the un-fun task of cleaning out, sorting, and deleting/purging CC I've accumulated over the last year. I made a folder to keep minimal (essential) CC in. That way if I decide to remove the majority of my CC, I can easily do that without leaving my townies bald and nakkie by just keeping my "essential CC" folder in my Mods folder.

Of course, this also meant I went on a D/L'ing spree to see what NEW "essential" things there were. And in and out of the game testing CC out until I was happy with what I kept.

Just to give you an idea ..... I literally had 508 eyebrows in my folder! Like seriously, how would you not get overwhelmed with that amount?

So while I was at it, I decided to work on creating a proper "base start-up save" to keep for whenever I want to start a new save and all of my make-overs and glow-ups will be in that save without me having to either re-do them or tediously "replace" the townies again, because I do suffer from re-startitis, bad!

So the first household I took to the salon was The Pancakes, because they are one of the few pre-mades that I actually like having in all of my games.

I did very minimal plastic surgery on them so they still resemble their old selves
    BOB
    • Lost some of his chubby cheeks
    • Got rid of the blue-tinted hair
    • Adjusted his eyes slightly to a more normal size and shape
    • Received CC eyebrows
    • Made his ears closer to his head
    • De-squared his chin a little
    • Got some nicely groomed facial hair
    • He also received a brand new wardrobe for being such a good sport during his transformation!

yq0gUG7.png

ELIZA

Got some fuller lips
    Got a new Haircut and Style
    Received some stylish new glasses
    Recieved some CC eyebrows
    Learned how to apply minimal and flattering makeup
    She too was rewarded with a shopping spree for not complaining too much during her glo-up!

PmepnCp.png

c7eo9Eg.png

MINIMAL CC USED:
    Default Skin Replacement
    Default Eye Replacement
    Eyebrows
    Facial Hair
    Eyelashes (Bob's are 3-D version, Eliza's is found in Make-up Eyeliner)

Make-Up, Hair, and Clothes by EA