Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Werewolff Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    My disappointment with this pack is we can't make our already made sims in CAS into a werewolf. We have to cheat in gameplay mode to make them a werewolf. I guess you can change the color in cas afterwards of the werewolf.

The option to turn a sim into an occult in CAS is something I want as an option for a long time. Not just with werewolves but also sometimes with other occults. It wouldn't be the first time that I start creating a sim and half way through think that sim would be a good spellcaster/vampire/mermaid and now werewolf. It is possible to do this in game and then return to cas but it is annoying to always have to go to live mode in between.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Earlier I was playing around with making a female werewolf and trying to give her a more feminine shape. I thought it was okay but all in all I wasnt impressed with the final result.

I think you can do alot with just picking the right features and body sliders though. I just make my female wolves more slender, which is generally how wolves work with the males being bigger then the females. I think boobs on a wolf would disturb me and feel uncomfortably close to furry territory!
    It does bug me that this game has no height slider, or even a choice of short/medium/tall for sims though.

• Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2022
    My one major gripe is that I can't manipulate the chest of my female werewolves in there werewolf form to give at least a convincing semblance of a bust. I mean, it doesn't have to be defined melons, just a bump up front that's larger than with the guys. It also kind of irks me that I have to unlink the two forms and push the figure sliders to their absolute limit to get a feminine body shape, but the bust thing...come on, guys!! They've been doing so well with gender expression so far, but they think having female werewolves be flat-chested with no way to morph it otherwise in werewolf form is O.K.?! It's NOT O.K.!! Chest curvature should be a choice, not an all-or-nothing censorship hammer brought down by the Prude Squad who think that boobs on female characters only exist for men!! Ever think that female players enjoy inhabiting sexy female characters as their own form of power fantasy?! Ever think that maybe not every woman on this earth think that breasts are superfluous and only exist for the male gaze, and in fact see breasts as a key part of their body image, gender identity, and gender expression??!!

And I know someone is going to go "oh, but they can go topless" or "oh, but female wolves don't have boobs like human women." To you, I give a very respectful, I really don't care. Male werewolves often have their muscles, a symbol of their physical masculinity, enhanced and enlarged in media. Why can't we get the option to retain and enhance the physical femininity of our female werewolves in this game? I mean, it makes sense, dang it! Instead, our girls get defeminized by default, and we have to fight with the sliders to even give them hip and waist definition!! Meanwhile, we can make a vampire chick's dark form as sexy and hyper-feminine as we want...Stupid vampires...

Heh... you know, originally I waved you off as I didn't really care about the lack of breasts, but I decided to sit and consider what you were saying and honestly, after doing that, I see where you're coming from. I still don't completely agree on principle, but I understand it, although I think it could've been written a little better, hehe.
    My one major gripe is that I can't manipulate the chest of my female werewolves in there werewolf form to give at least a convincing semblance of a bust. I mean, it doesn't have to be defined melons, just a bump up front that's larger than with the guys. It also kind of irks me that I have to unlink the two forms and push the figure sliders to their absolute limit to get a feminine body shape, but the bust thing...come on, guys!! They've been doing so well with gender expression so far, but they think having female werewolves be flat-chested with no way to morph it otherwise in werewolf form is O.K.?! It's NOT O.K.!! Chest curvature should be a choice, not an all-or-nothing censorship hammer brought down by the Prude Squad who think that boobs on female characters only exist for men!! Ever think that female players enjoy inhabiting sexy female characters as their own form of power fantasy?! Ever think that maybe not every woman on this earth think that breasts are superfluous and only exist for the male gaze, and in fact see breasts as a key part of their body image, gender identity, and gender expression??!!

And I know someone is going to go "oh, but they can go topless" or "oh, but female wolves don't have boobs like human women." To you, I give a very respectful, I really don't care. Male werewolves often have their muscles, a symbol of their physical masculinity, enhanced and enlarged in media. Why can't we get the option to retain and enhance the physical femininity of our female werewolves in this game? I mean, it makes sense, dang it! Instead, our girls get defeminized by default, and we have to fight with the sliders to even give them hip and waist definition!! Meanwhile, we can make a vampire chick's dark form as sexy and hyper-feminine as we want...Stupid vampires...

A female werewolf's breasts aren't in the "chest" area - they'd be closer to her groin. She'd need to wear like three bras, too.

Some of the responses to her comment seemed like a knee-jerk and the thought that came to mind to those responding feel like they thought she was asking for some kind of heavily sexualized feminine beast form and that's not what I got at all. In fairness to their comment, and I personally do not mind the lack of breasts in their form, but you cannot definitively say, one way or another, where a fictional creature's breasts would be. Your example is a dog. Werewolves aren't dogs, for the primary reason that they don't exist. You cannot use rationale based on something that exists for something that doesn't. The lack of breasts is an interpretation, not a fact, just as your assertion is an interpretation and not a fact. You can't prove that's where a fictional creature based on being a humanoid's breasts would be. That's like arguing vampires couldn't be attractive based on the fact that they're undead or can turn into bats. They don't exist. Who cares?

I will also add, in response to some other folks here, in fairness, that adding breasts to a female Werewolf does not have to be an attempt to make it "sexy". How is this:
    daumpc1-a8e212c8-812b-4c56-beaa-d5269998a014.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzllMzZiMjBkLWYxOGQtNGUzMC05NTI1LTQxMWZkYzk1YWVmMlwvZGF1bXBjMS1hOGUyMTJjOC04MTJiLTRjNTYtYmVhYS1kNTI2OTk5OGEwMTQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.KDOg2LbgxIf4ZIYYlyOs1mZUge3NPQRcsfRikVCCwM8

"Sexy"? Look, she has breasts. But there's no way I'd ever want to buy her dinner, dear lord. Imagine the bill!

So in actuality, the stance that Werewolves should not (or should) have breasts is an opinion and not rooted in anything objective because Werewolves themselves aren't objective. What Maxis has done to them is an interpretation, nothing more, and it's not more or less valid than any other take on Werewolves. So while she's not "correct", neither is anyone, including me, for disagreeing.

Anyway, again, I personally really don't care they don't have breasts, but it seemed like her comment just got unfairly brushed off (like I did myself initially) instead of anybody taking the time to consider what she was saying.
    Post edited by LJK on
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I'm fairly certain this ^ is a Skyrim mod, and the actual model in-game, despite the game M rating, did not even attempt to get away with werewolf boobs.

Regardless of objective factors.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The howling. CAS howling. Oh GOD the howling! Every three seconds he interrupts the dressing to howl! In HUMAN form! Sim Creation is supposed to be a long and intimate process! I can't bear it!

For sure Vampires don't dance around like that!

Oh, gosh, that is too funny! 😄 Sounds obnoxious, too. If I ever buy the pack (still undecided), I would have to mute the game if I ever create or dress up a werewolf, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2022
    LJK wrote: »

Heh... you know, originally I waved you off as I didn't really care about the lack of breasts, but I decided to sit and consider what you were saying and honestly, after doing that, I see where you're coming from. I still don't completely agree on principle, but I understand it, although I think it could've been written a little better, hehe.

A female werewolf's breasts aren't in the "chest" area - they'd be closer to her groin. She'd need to wear like three bras, too.

Some of the responses to her comment seemed like a knee-jerk and the thought that came to mind to those responding feel like they thought she was asking for some kind of heavily sexualized feminine beast form and that's not what I got at all. In fairness to their comment, and I personally do not mind the lack of breasts in their form, but you cannot definitively say, one way or another, where a fictional creature's breasts would be. Your example is a dog. Werewolves aren't dogs, for the primary reason that they don't exist. You cannot use rationale based on something that exists for something that doesn't. The lack of breasts is an interpretation, not a fact, just as your assertion is an interpretation and not a fact. You can't prove that's where a fictional creature based on being a humanoid's breasts would be. That's like arguing vampires couldn't be attractive based on the fact that they're undead or can turn into bats. They don't exist. Who cares?

I will also add, in response to some other folks here, in fairness, that adding breasts to a female Werewolf does not have to be an attempt to make it "sexy". How is this:
    daumpc1-a8e212c8-812b-4c56-beaa-d5269998a014.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzllMzZiMjBkLWYxOGQtNGUzMC05NTI1LTQxMWZkYzk1YWVmMlwvZGF1bXBjMS1hOGUyMTJjOC04MTJiLTRjNTYtYmVhYS1kNTI2OTk5OGEwMTQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.KDOg2LbgxIf4ZIYYlyOs1mZUge3NPQRcsfRikVCCwM8

"Sexy"? Look, she has breasts. But there's no way I'd ever want to buy her dinner, dear lord. Imagine the bill!

So in actuality, the stance that Werewolves should not (or should) have breasts is an opinion and not rooted in anything objective because Werewolves themselves aren't objective. What Maxis has done to them is an interpretation, nothing more, and it's not more or less valid than any other take on Werewolves. So while she's not "correct", neither is anyone, including me, for disagreeing.

Anyway, again, I personally really don't care they don't have breasts, but it seemed like her comment just got unfairly brushed off (like I did myself initially) instead of anybody taking the time to consider what she was saying.

I was cracking up, as mean as she look you might be on the menu when the meat is gone, Man that is one mean unattractive Werewolf. :D
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2022
    Thrior wrote: »
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Heads up to anyone who doesn't like the vamp/werewolf relationship thing. If you do manage to get them to be friends like I eventually did here, do not try the "ask for werewolf sympathy" interaction. Not only will it not work but it'll tank the heck out of your relationship. Straight up killed the friendship and I had build it back up lol

The more I think about it, that's kind of a wasted opportunity. If you can manage to convince a vampire to have sympathy for werewolves, that'd be a cool way to circumvent the automatic hatred. Like...they made friends with a werewolf and now they know not to judge all of the ones that they meet going forward.
    unknown.png?width=1124&height=586

From my experience this is false. Or at least there's way more conditions attached to it instead of a simple "don't do this".

I tested it out 3 times with sims who were friends, werewolf and a vampire. Every single time the vampire was cool with it. He was confident 3/3 so that very well might affect it (though I doubt it since the sim in that above picture seems to be confient as well, I'd say your relationship score is way more meaningful). But, I don't see what's the big deal if it's tied to emotion. That's basically how all the interaction works in this game.
    rgVRsmW.jpg
    iXbs5mF.jpg
    HCg1gT0.jpg

BONUS. When Harper went into his house to test stuff out he actually proceeded to immediately flatter her lol.
    07oVsLT.jpg

So it’s randomized or based on traits, then?

My questions crossposted from the other thread:

So there is tension and lowering of the bar, even if the two occults were friends/lovers/etc? Is it the same for family relatives as well?

Also: Does this stay the same if you rotate away from them and then return to that household?

I’m nervous that it will somehow glitch and lower/rubberband the relationship back down (like if the game suddenly remembered the concrete lore of the forced animosity and re-initiate it again).

@LatinaBunny I'd think it has more to do with the relationship score, perhaps emotion. The vampire is Evil, Cheerful and Music Lover so I don't know how traits would work with him. (Werewolf has traits of Mean, Slob and Hates children.)
    These two sims had no relationship hit at all when they met up. It stayed right where it was before. Though I don't know whether her being in human form has any effect on it. Then again, this particular vampire is kinda weird for he actually had an immediate neutral relationship with 2 werewolves he said "Hello" to in the new world. One was in human form, other was in wolf form. I'd guess it was because of reputation, charisma, or something (or maybe my game derped out). Meanwhile Vlad was just hating everyone lol.

When she does werewolf things though, like grooming herself or scratching stuff, the relationship did take a very small hit.
    I think I'll keep testing a bit more. Like how bad it gets if she starts rampaging. Though that would be completely logical since she's, well, rampaging. I doubt even friends or family would enjoy that haha.
    Harper has a kid daughter who also takes relationship hits when she does wolfy things but loves it when she starts rampaging and gets a playful moodlet about it. That seems to be a child specific thing so I wonder how she'd react if she was older. When Harper is just hanging around in her wolf-form (not rampaging), her daughter does get the tense moodlet. Their relationship has always been atrocious though so dunno if that has any effect (probably not.)
    Werewolf diplomacy should help with the moodlets and negative reactions though, if you are successful with it, and you certainly can even with vampires.
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2022
    happyopi wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain this ^ is a Skyrim mod, and the actual model in-game, despite the game M rating, did not even attempt to get away with werewolf boobs.

Regardless of objective factors.

This has little relevance. The point is that something can be feminine and still be tasteful or get the general point across. If something has to be a mod to be considered less "worthy" or valid, then I suppose MCCC is inferior to anything in TS4. Or the More Columns mod. If I used a different picture, one that wasn't a mod, would you say the same? Would it matter if I used an artist's image instead? The point stands, breasts don't have to always mean an attempt to sexualize a creature. I could link creatures in other media that have them that are way uglier, but a mod will probably take issue with them. XD

And that same game, mind you, has breasts or a bust type appearance, on other female creatures. Flame Atronachs, Spriggans, Wispmothers, etc. The first is literally made of fire and the second is made of wood. So it's not like Skyrim is somehow exempt. EDIT: this just hit me, I don't know how I forgot about these lol, but also see female Khajiit and Argonians. Female lizards and cats don't have boobs, but clearly, the developers and lore-writers did not care. As neither exist as it's their universe and game.

You can disagree and I'm not here to convince you that the Werewolves in TS4 should have breasts as again, meh nor can I say they absolutely should, but the reasoning against it is certainly quite flawed. Folks that disagree don't want them because they don't like it and that is it. There's no logic to that stance, just as there is none for wanting them. Personally, if I saw that image running full-speed at me, my feet are going to look something like this:
    sonic-sonic-the-hedgehog.gif

And I'll be thinking: "OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD" and not: "wow, that thing's kinda hot tho..."
    Post edited by LJK on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Heads up to anyone who doesn't like the vamp/werewolf relationship thing. If you do manage to get them to be friends like I eventually did here, do not try the "ask for werewolf sympathy" interaction. Not only will it not work but it'll tank the heck out of your relationship. Straight up killed the friendship and I had build it back up lol

The more I think about it, that's kind of a wasted opportunity. If you can manage to convince a vampire to have sympathy for werewolves, that'd be a cool way to circumvent the automatic hatred. Like...they made friends with a werewolf and now they know not to judge all of the ones that they meet going forward.
    unknown.png?width=1124&height=586

From my experience this is false. Or at least there's way more conditions attached to it instead of a simple "don't do this".

I tested it out 3 times with sims who were friends, werewolf and a vampire. Every single time the vampire was cool with it. He was confident 3/3 so that very well might affect it (though I doubt it since the sim in that above picture seems to be confient as well, I'd say your relationship score is way more meaningful). But, I don't see what's the big deal if it's tied to emotion. That's basically how all the interaction works in this game.
    rgVRsmW.jpg
    iXbs5mF.jpg
    HCg1gT0.jpg

BONUS. When Harper went into his house to test stuff out he actually proceeded to immediately flatter her lol.
    07oVsLT.jpg

So it’s randomized or based on traits, then?

My questions crossposted from the other thread:

So there is tension and lowering of the bar, even if the two occults were friends/lovers/etc? Is it the same for family relatives as well?

Also: Does this stay the same if you rotate away from them and then return to that household?

I’m nervous that it will somehow glitch and lower/rubberband the relationship back down (like if the game suddenly remembered the concrete lore of the forced animosity and re-initiate it again).

@LatinaBunny I'd think it has more to do with the relationship score, perhaps emotion. The vampire is Evil, Cheerful and Music Lover so I don't know how traits would work with him. (Werewolf has traits of Mean, Slob and Hates children.)
    These two sims had no relationship hit at all when they met up. It stayed right where it was before. Though I don't know whether her being in human form has any effect on it. Then again, this particular vampire is kinda weird for he actually had an immediate neutral relationship with 2 werewolves he said "Hello" to in the new world. One was in human form, other was in wolf form. I'd guess it was because of reputation, charisma, or something (or maybe my game derped out). Meanwhile Vlad was just hating everyone lol.

When she does werewolf things though, like grooming herself or scratching stuff, the relationship did take a very small hit.
    I think I'll keep testing a bit more. Like how bad it gets if she starts rampaging. Though that would be completely logical since she's, well, rampaging. I doubt even friends or family would enjoy that haha.
    Harper has a kid daughter who also takes relationship hits when she does wolfy things but loves it when she starts rampaging and gets a playful moodlet about it. That seems to be a child specific thing so I wonder how she'd react if she was older. When Harper is just hanging around in her wolf-form (not rampaging), her daughter does get the tense moodlet. Their relationship has always been atrocious though so dunno if that has any effect (probably not.)
    Werewolf diplomacy should help with the moodlets and negative reactions though, if you are successful with it, and you certainly can even with vampires.

Thanks for the insights, @Thrior ! :grin: And let us know how further testing goes!

I am glad that the children get Playful moods during the rampages.

Besides the vamps vs weres aspect (the deal breaker for me), the fury/rampage system was another thing I was hugely worried about.

I’m kind of nervous that weres are always going to be making their non-were family tense/anxious and sad most of the time, and that wouldn’t be a fun simming experience for me (who loves playing mixed sim families, most with young kids) to go through.

Hopefully I can cheat some of that stuff out or lower the % of that kind of angry/tense stuff.

I saw a cheat where you can give sims the Werewolf Diplomat trait, so that will be helpful for the lowering the vamps vs weres animosity aspect—hopefully…
    (She/her)
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I am finding this game pack a lot more trouble than it should be. One of my wolves has a rage bar that fills up almost instantly again after coming down from a rage. It takes so much to get that rage bar down again. My guy always has to go to the library to destroy everything, and it's really annoying that he can't always calm himself down. Another complaint I have is the werewolf temperaments. This same Sim of mine has the one where if he sleeps at night, his rage bar goes up all the way again. Is there a way to change temperaments? If not, it should be an option. Or just an option to turn off the rage altogether would be nice.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    edited June 2022
    I am finding this game pack a lot more trouble than it should be. One of my wolves has a rage bar that fills up almost instantly again after coming down from a rage. It takes so much to get that rage bar down again. My guy always has to go to the library to destroy everything, and it's really annoying that he can't always calm himself down. Another complaint I have is the werewolf temperaments. This same Sim of mine has the one where if he sleeps at night, his rage bar goes up all the way again. Is there a way to change temperaments? If not, it should be an option. Or just an option to turn off the rage altogether would be nice.

There is a way. When they level up to Apex, that unlocks the Lunar Howl perk which will reset their temperaments. I found that getting Somber Howl and Will To Resist have worked well for stopping my Night Wolf from raging all over the place. As she got up to prime, and especially veteran, Will To Resist works great at stopping her sleep fueled rampages after they've started.
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member

There is a way. When they level up to Apex, that unlocks the Lunar Howl perk which will reset their temperaments. I found that getting Somber Howl and Will To Resist have worked well for stopping my Night Wolf from raging all over the place. As she got up to prime, and especially veteran, Will To Resist works great at stopping her sleep fueled rampages after they've started.

I did not know that, thanks so much for sharing!
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    @summertaffy68 You're welcome. My werewolf just leveled up to Apex and I was looking at that perk because I'm like you I want to be rid of that Night Wolf temperament.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Oof! The fury/rage/rampage thing worries me.

I’ll have to watch gameplay videos and also get some opinions from posters on this forum to see if this is something that happens way too often, and to find out some solutions to lower that frequency.

I know a lot of werewolf fans love the chaos and destruction (and the occults’ animosity), but some of that sound really annoying to me so far and is what is turning me off of this pack. :( This may be the first occult pack (or occult-containing pack/DLC) that I have ever skipped so far.

And I loved collecting as much of the DLC since Sims 1.

What’s sadder is that I do love werewolves in other video games and books and manga/anime/light novels and such.…

There are lots of great stuff about the pack, from what I’ve been reading, though. I’m just disappointed that we don’t have options/choices over some of the werewolves’ tendencies and he animosity.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member

I’ll have to watch gameplay videos and also get some opinions from posters on this forum to see if this is something that happens way too often, and to find out some solutions to lower that frequency.

I know a lot of werewolf fans love the chaos and destruction (and the occults’ animosity), but some of that sound really annoying to me so far and is what is turning me off of this pack. :( This may be the first occult pack (or occult-containing pack/DLC) that I have ever skipped so far.

What’s sadder is that I do love werewolves in other video games and books and manga/anime/light novels and such.…

There are lots of great stuff about the pack, from what I’ve been reading, though. I’m just disappointed that we don’t have options/choices over some of the werewolves’ tendencies and he animosity.

Somber Howl and Will to Resist? Fury isn't hard to manage.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I find the fury and temperaments to be a hassle. I had the temperaments really mess one Sim up so bad I just deleted the save. I am trying again after 3 tries already. I wanted weres to be fun, but I have not experience that yet.
  • Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »

Will to Resist is the best. Granted, you have to let a rampage start, but it doesn't hand your werewolf a sad moonlet like Somber Howl. Once they level up to prime it's pretty much guaranteed to stop rampages.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Oh, that sounds reassuring! Are those some abilities or powers to unlock? Is it easy to level up to unlock them, if so?

Will to Resist is the best. Granted, you have to let a rampage start, but it doesn't hand your werewolf a sad moonlet like Somber Howl. Once they level up to prime it's pretty much guaranteed to stop rampages.
    Oh, this sounds good! I’m glad that there is an eventual stage point where the rampages stop or get less frequent.

Are these abilities/powers to unlock? Is it hard or easy to level up? Is it similar to vampires? Like, are there skill books to level up, or is it doing certain types of activities repeatedly for some XP, etc?

It sounds like fury can be eventually managed, which would help ease some of my unease about it. :smile:

Btw:

Does rampage or fury scare babies and toddlers?
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @LatinaBunny Both of those are perks that unlock at level 2(Runt). The perk system works like vampires, but every perk here costs just one point unlike vampires. I think it's fairly easy to level up, but not too easy. I really played the hell out of the game and my Ava just made it to the Apex level. You can build werewolf xp by reading books and you can learn the werewolf lore too. The best way to gain xp that I found was to try and gain membership in either one of the packs. Ava joined Wildfangs. She had to work a little to befriend Rory and become a friend of the pack first, then she had to do two or three trials to get membership. That process to get in and doing pack related activities with your pack mates builds up xp fairly fast. Hunting if you take the Hunter perk builds it too. Exploring the tunnel system is another good one.

When you first get the Will to Resist perk, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. As your xp builds and you get closer to level three(Prime) it works more of the time. I found that by the time Ava got to Prime she could use that to stop rampages in their tracks. Somber Howl gives a 4 hour +1 sad moodlet, and it has a long cooldown, 12+ hours if I remember correctly. It will lower your fury meter before you start rampaging. Once it starts I think Somber Howl no longer does any good.

Since Ava got to the Prime level she hasn't had another rampage. For every temperament there is a perk or perks that will work to counter it, Plus you'll learn what actions are likely to build fury and learn how to navigate around it. Like I said Ava hasn't gone on a rampage for quite a while now.

ETA: I missed the part about toddlers and babies. That I don't know, but I will soon. Ava is due to give birth anytime now. I don't think it would really bother a werewolf baby or toddler, but that's just a guess.
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    I'm kind of disappointed there aren't any personality traits, household traits, or really any skills for the werewolves. There's more to a vampire, werewolf, and mermaid lore.
  • Options
    cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    You can also lower rage with likes and
    drinking moonpetal punch
  • Options
    SpaghettiArtist7SpaghettiArtist7 Posts: 2 New Member
    To be honest I'm pretty much disappointed in the lack of customization with werewolves and wished they had hind legs instead of hairy feet. Also, THEY HAVE NO TAILS but a little nub where one would be. (btw if you know a good tail mod that works with werewolves please send recommendation or link ;v;) also I kinda wished the werewolves had an options to not be so masculine.

Another thing I wished they could of done was make the whole deciphering werewolf stuff an actual skill and have the lore information they obtain accessible in their notebook/phone, because I was confused for a while trying to see the information my sim learned from studying and I wasn't sure if I was making some sort of progress. don't get me wrong I like the lore from this dlc pack but I just wished I knew the progress I'm making.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @LatinaBunny all the post I have seen about werewolves with babies and toddlers indicate that the werewolves do not frighten them and that interaction with toddlers can actually help calm the rampage. I doubt babies even react at all being as they’re objects.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @LatinaBunny Both of those are perks that unlock at level 2(Runt). The perk system works like vampires, but every perk here costs just one point unlike vampires. I think it's fairly easy to level up, but not too easy. I really played the hell out of the game and my Ava just made it to the Apex level. You can build werewolf xp by reading books and you can learn the werewolf lore too. The best way to gain xp that I found was to try and gain membership in either one of the packs. Ava joined Wildfangs. She had to work a little to befriend Rory and become a friend of the pack first, then she had to do two or three trials to get membership. That process to get in and doing pack related activities with your pack mates builds up xp fairly fast. Hunting if you take the Hunter perk builds it too. Exploring the tunnel system is another good one.

When you first get the Will to Resist perk, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. As your xp builds and you get closer to level three(Prime) it works more of the time. I found that by the time Ava got to Prime she could use that to stop rampages in their tracks. Somber Howl gives a 4 hour +1 sad moodlet, and it has a long cooldown, 12+ hours if I remember correctly. It will lower your fury meter before you start rampaging. Once it starts I think Somber Howl no longer does any good.

Since Ava got to the Prime level she hasn't had another rampage. For every temperament there is a perk or perks that will work to counter it, Plus you'll learn what actions are likely to build fury and learn how to navigate around it. Like I said Ava hasn't gone on a rampage for quite a while now.

ETA: I missed the part about toddlers and babies. That I don't know, but I will soon. Ava is due to give birth anytime now. I don't think it would really bother a werewolf baby or toddler, but that's just a guess.

That’s good! That is much more reassuring. I feel better about the pack. Thanks for sharing your experiences and info, @DaniRose2143 ! 🤗👍
    @LatinaBunny all the post I have seen about werewolves with babies and toddlers indicate that the werewolves do not frighten them and that interaction with toddlers can actually help calm the rampage. I doubt babies even react at all being as they’re objects.

Awww! 😍 That’s cute! Oh, this info makes me feel sooooo much better about the occults in this pack. I was worried that my entire families with the younger ones would be constantly tense. Good to know that the younger ones are not as affected! :smile:

So it sounds like there are ways to sort of mitigate or help lower the fury and vamps vs weres animosity aspects.

I feel better about the pack now to the point of thinking of buying it sometime in the future. Thank you for your insights and experiment info, @Pamtastic72 ! 🤗👍
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2022
    Honestly? I think this complain can apply for every pack, but I definitely feel like the content we get it's so little, that it makes the game feel so incomplete in my opinion, but somehow people are used to it, and they end up clinging on the smallest things possible, like another swatch for a mailbox or a new bassinet.

There are always so many missed opportunities in every pack, it's overwhelming.

There's a huge lack of integration between packs and their gameplay.
    I only played with werewolves for a couple of sims days, I have installed seasons, and parenthood, those are the main packs I play with, and they've got practically no integration.

There's no new holiday's icons or traditions for occults, which I think would make a good addition, since, obviously I played with a family of werewolves and it gets boring to have them complete the holidays in the regular-sim, kind of way over and over. I wish we got new traditions to complete related to the kind of sim we're playing with, if that makes sense. Werewolves could get to have a new holiday meal 🥩, or have them to go hunting for food as a possible special tradition, I don't know.

The CAS for toddlers and kids is lame. I understand they can't get a second form, but what about giving us fur ears, face-paint make up, and costumes to be able to at least pretend?
    I honestly think nobody would care about the fact toddlers and kids don't have a second form or powers, as long as we could customise them to match their occult self.

They could do the same thing with vampires and spellcasters, give us 🧛‍♂️ teeth for kids, witches hats, etc.
    They should totally give us basic fangs, hats, wands, furry ears, and costumes as free base game content in CAS, so we could sightly customise our occults kids without renovating every pack if they don't want to do that.

Why not face make up or face paint for the human form? What if you want to customise a werewolf's human form as well? We got nothing to do so.

The new animations are really cool, but they're like three different new animations in total?!
    Let's count: They run, they howl, they shake, they lie in a tree, they transform of course, and they sleep... Oh and they... let's say they mark territory, that's great. There are six, seven basic animations, but let be honest, that don't really cover much. I honestly wish werewolves had a different swimming style for example, that's something I noticed playing, maybe something more messy, or wilder, something less civilised and more 🐶-like.
    They can sleep in the floor which I think it's cool, but they can't sleep together or cuddle together which is disappointing. It could be cute if toddlers, kids, and couples could "sleep under the moon" cuddling with their parents, siblings, SO. Why isn't there a cuddle under the moon interaction? Some moonlight cute little romance cuddling interaction?
    Werewolves could fish without a fishing 🎣, directly using their claws, but no.
    The "new interactions" in game are mostly text. "Make wolf eyes to" doesn't really do anything but higher the relationship bar, "take a wild shower" it's just taking a regular shower, and a long etc. It gets boring quickly.

I feel like we could at least get a new swatch of everything basic to match the aesthetic of the game, like a new fireplace, new kitchen swatches, new fridge, new toilet, but somehow there's always something basic missing, and of course, there are rarely, mostly never, new gameplay objects or new activities, nothing that ain't recycled. They gave us a new telescope, great, something that should have been in the base game a long time ago...

For example, we should definitely have gotten a wooden, rustic swatch of children's playground, a rustic, tree swing and some monkey bars, and definitely a new rustic park seat, instead of having base game monkey bars and an ugly seat in the park area in the woods. I didn't check if there was any rustic, log picnic table but they're giving us a world in the middle of the woods, why wouldn't they stick to it instead of filling it with base game objects? Come on.

There's a small group of aspirations, but there's only one aspiration path involving the pack's participation which I find annoying since I don't want every werewolf to become the alpha leader. What if I just want to have a big wolf family as aspiration 👪🐺, but I don't get that option like we have in vampires. Why? 🤷‍♀️💁‍♀️

They had the audacity to give Kristopher the "successful family" aspiration, which includes I think, things like having their children to get an A report card, getting their children into college, etc. Something completely unrelated to the pack's theme. And this is the main character. So are you trying to sell me that a werewolf aspiration in life is having their children got an A in school? 🐺🎓

The lore is actually interesting, Kristopher's actual aspiration is to get Jacob become the next leader, so why can't we actually have that in game? Why isn't there any family aspiration that includes to pass on leadership? Wouldn't that make sense if it's in the lore? Why isn't an aspiration path to find your fated mate, and form a family? To teach your toddler how to howl? I think my question is why aren't these features properly integrated to the actual gameplay, but instead it feels like they're half done, like they're not properly developed into the gameplay?

There's no new careers or jobs, anything related to the pack's theme or aesthetics which is super disappointing. No lumberjack career, no werewolf hunter, etc.

We got a new world, a new occult, a couple of aspiration and object swatches, new clothes. That's it for a game pack. Most of the pack it's just text, lore and concepts ("the moon phases", "the underground"), but when you're actually playing the game it gets boring very quickly. 🤷‍♀️💁‍♀️

The first day I played with werewolves, Rory showed up and started talking with his father autonomously, completely oblivious of the fact they have a bad relationship with each other, so their relationship bar is almost green now, again, autonomously. Why did she even show up at my home if the game is trying to sell me that there's a huge rivalry between these packs? No coherence or cohesion whatsoever.

I'm really sorry for the criticism, I don't doubt that the developers do their job with lot of love and dedication, but there are a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration, the pack's content feels very plain, in my opinion, very lacking... But still better than previous, disastrous packs we've gotten before.
    Post edited by Elisdream on