Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Werewolff Negative thread

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    My one major gripe is that I can't manipulate the chest of my female werewolves in there werewolf form to give at least a convincing semblance of a bust. I mean, it doesn't have to be defined melons, just a bump up front that's larger than with the guys. It also kind of irks me that I have to unlink the two forms and push the figure sliders to their absolute limit to get a feminine body shape, but the bust thing...come on, guys!! They've been doing so well with gender expression so far, but they think having female werewolves be flat-chested with no way to morph it otherwise in werewolf form is O.K.?! It's NOT O.K.!! Chest curvature should be a choice, not an all-or-nothing censorship hammer brought down by the Prude Squad who think that boobs on female characters only exist for men!! Ever think that female players enjoy inhabiting sexy female characters as their own form of power fantasy?! Ever think that maybe not every woman on this earth think that breasts are superfluous and only exist for the male gaze, and in fact see breasts as a key part of their body image, gender identity, and gender expression??!!

And I know someone is going to go "oh, but they can go topless" or "oh, but female wolves don't have boobs like human women." To you, I give a very respectful, I really don't care. Male werewolves often have their muscles, a symbol of their physical masculinity, enhanced and enlarged in media. Why can't we get the option to retain and enhance the physical femininity of our female werewolves in this game? I mean, it makes sense, dang it! Instead, our girls get defeminized by default, and we have to fight with the sliders to even give them hip and waist definition!! Meanwhile, we can make a vampire chick's dark form as sexy and hyper-feminine as we want...Stupid vampires...

A female werewolf's breasts aren't in the "chest" area - they'd be closer to her groin. She'd need to wear like three bras, too.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    My one major gripe is that I can't manipulate the chest of my female werewolves in there werewolf form to give at least a convincing semblance of a bust. I mean, it doesn't have to be defined melons, just a bump up front that's larger than with the guys. It also kind of irks me that I have to unlink the two forms and push the figure sliders to their absolute limit to get a feminine body shape, but the bust thing...come on, guys!! They've been doing so well with gender expression so far, but they think having female werewolves be flat-chested with no way to morph it otherwise in werewolf form is O.K.?! It's NOT O.K.!! Chest curvature should be a choice, not an all-or-nothing censorship hammer brought down by the Prude Squad who think that boobs on female characters only exist for men!! Ever think that female players enjoy inhabiting sexy female characters as their own form of power fantasy?! Ever think that maybe not every woman on this earth think that breasts are superfluous and only exist for the male gaze, and in fact see breasts as a key part of their body image, gender identity, and gender expression??!!

And I know someone is going to go "oh, but they can go topless" or "oh, but female wolves don't have boobs like human women." To you, I give a very respectful, I really don't care. Male werewolves often have their muscles, a symbol of their physical masculinity, enhanced and enlarged in media. Why can't we get the option to retain and enhance the physical femininity of our female werewolves in this game? I mean, it makes sense, dang it! Instead, our girls get defeminized by default, and we have to fight with the sliders to even give them hip and waist definition!! Meanwhile, we can make a vampire chick's dark form as sexy and hyper-feminine as we want...Stupid vampires...

...Bruh
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2022
    Not much negative from me, I'm rather enjoying the pack. However the marking territory ability needs tuning, werewolf sims pee everywhere and it happens far to frequently. The glitching while running down stairs during a rampage is an eyesore and could definitely use some fixing/tweaking. Children from other worlds appearing in Moonwood Mill alone is also bothersome and very immersion breaking.

That's really the only things that bother me in this pack.
  • cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    Current major gripe with the pack right now: there is no way to tell how "Far" you are in the lore process. You can roughly estimate based on the tunnels you have unlocked, the collectibles you have, maybe the people you have spoken to/pack progress, but the books, in particular, you have no way of telling if you have "finished" all the information from a specific book and I believe the books are how you unlock
    the Werebies cure recipe, the grilled lunafish, the werewolf cure, and the moonflower drink. (Maybe the werebies cure is from talking to someone, I don't remember. I know you can get it from the bartender if you have werebies but you can also apparently craft it yourself.)
    I am beyond frustrated right now over how I cannot determine where to go or who to talk to because I don't even know what bits of lore I am "missing." Because once you clear your notifications (and you have to, they will get full eventually) it's gone forever.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Not much negative from me, I'm rather enjoying the pack. However the marking territory ability needs tuning, werewolf sims pee everywhere and it happens far to frequently. The glitching while running down stairs during a rampage is an eyesore and could definitely use some fixing/tweaking. Children from other worlds appearing in Moonwood Mill alone is also bothersome and very immersion breaking.

Are the children appearing in lots or the playground area? Are they at least occult children?
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

...Bruh

Idk if its satire i can only hope 😂😂😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Current major gripe with the pack right now: there is no way to tell how "Far" you are in the lore process. You can roughly estimate based on the tunnels you have unlocked, the collectibles you have, maybe the people you have spoken to/pack progress, but the books, in particular, you have no way of telling if you have "finished" all the information from a specific book and I believe the books are how you unlock
    the Werebies cure recipe, the grilled lunafish, the werewolf cure, and the moonflower drink. (Maybe the werebies cure is from talking to someone, I don't remember. I know you can get it from the bartender if you have werebies but you can also apparently craft it yourself.)
    I am beyond frustrated right now over how I cannot determine where to go or who to talk to because I don't even know what bits of lore I am "missing." Because once you clear your notifications (and you have to, they will get full eventually) it's gone forever.

I'm keeping track of all the lore by recording all my discoveries in my handy dandy notebook. A bit more time consuming but I think it's worth it.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2022
    Like a lot of things about this pack, but have a few minor gripes - the rate of fury gain seems too quick. I know it's tied to personality and maybe I haven't found everything to help with reducing it yet, but my sim was getting out of control fury almost every day, which makes it impossible to do anything else in the game. I thought it would be more linked to the lunar cycle with the danger times being at the full moon. I have it set to a monthly cycle.

If anyone has suggestions on managing fury I'd be grateful.
  • MoonwoodSimsMoonwoodSims Posts: 5 New Member
    I just hate the the occult worlds are always so ridiculously tiny.
  • moon_mothmoon_moth Posts: 28 Member
    > @Gordy said:
    > I'd love options.
    >
    > My ideal would be to make it a preference. Like you can decide an individual sim's feelings on each occult state (or lack of occult state.) That way, I can make a world where normies fear the occult, while some most occults support each other, and certain sims will be racist to certain occults.

this would be perfect honestly. like, i do not like the werewolf/vampire conflict to show up in the individual sims for whom it messes up the story i'm trying to tell, but that's not to say i want potential conflict to go away altogether! like, imagine if we could have inter-vampire conflict related to their respective opinions on werewolves!

like... the possibilities if only there were some gray area here. i'd love the opportunity for more complicated gameplay with regards to occult sims
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

Are the children appearing in lots or the playground area? Are they at least occult children?

I had my werewolf visit the library in Moonwood Mill to study his werewolf lore and it was full of children from other the worlds and also it was during school time as well.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member

Honestly, I agree. I was hoping that you could at least give them sligthly noticable breasts, or a least a bigger chest.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    I had my werewolf visit the library in Moonwood Mill to study his werewolf lore and it was full of children from other the worlds and also it was during school time as well.
    Naughty sim children! Back when I was at school (long ago lol) the authorities had a 'wag' man who would go around and find all the kids who were bunking off school and they'd get into trouble. Maybe the sims 4 should have one of those :D
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2022
    The howling. CAS howling. Oh GOD the howling! Every three seconds he interrupts the dressing to howl! In HUMAN form! Sim Creation is supposed to be a long and intimate process! I can't bear it!

For sure Vampires don't dance around like that!
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »

Honestly, I agree. I was hoping that you could at least give them sligthly noticable breasts, or a least a bigger chest.

And, you know, the crazy thing is that it wouldn't bug me nearly as much if the devs hadn't put so much work into things like making all clothes and hairs wearable for both genders, allowing us to choose a masculine or feminine frame for our sims, allowing us to choose who can get pregnant and who can get impregnated, and even customize our sim's pronouns! So many gender expression choices...but they stop short at female werewolves' chest shapes?! It's so arbitrary, and actually kind of sexist. I mean, probably not intentionally, but it is. Denying players the ability to customize a female character in a fully feminine way is just as sexist as denying players the ability to customize a female character in any way but fully feminine. It's not like players wouldn't be able to make them fully flat if they wanted to (you can certainly do that in CAS for female sims in every other instance), but give those of us who don't want flat-chested female werewolves the ability to customize our characters to our satisfaction as well.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022

I would have loved more customization options like this as well, yeah.

I would also have loved a tail and wolf-like feet, but I know there would be restrictions and resources issues with clipping, rigging and animation work, etc.

At least there is the possibility of CC.

My major beef is still the vamps vs weres aspect, and I’m not liking what I hear about the constant fury stuff.

No custom packs is also disappointing for me, but I am glad that we have Get Together clubs as a good alternative.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

If this animates as good as it looks, I will be modding my werewolves.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    idk, I think they look kinda weird with a tail...I do like the feet though.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    idk, I think they look kinda weird with a tail...I do like the feet though.

It wouldn't surprise me if they offer a variant without the tail.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

If this animates as good as it looks, I will be modding my werewolves.

Oh, I love this! This is kind of what I would want my werewolves to look like. I wanted tails and those kinds of feet.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    I think it looks great. My biggest critique is that the feet are too big, so it makes the wolf look like a Looney Tunes character. But it's a cool look overall.

Now that I've been playing wolves more, I feel like they're not as good as vampires. You need to unlock basic things, so the skill tree feels like it was artificially inflated by throwing in basic things, like peeing and digging a hole. It's not very exciting. So far my sim was able to level up really quickly by wolfing out during a full moon and spending a new hours snarling at Rory and digging holes. And it sucks how I have to wait until I'm higher-leveled to access my wolf form when I want. Basically they spend so much time being normal sims.

Maybe pack play will be more fun.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I think it looks great. My biggest critique is that the feet are too big, so it makes the wolf look like a Looney Tunes character. But it's a cool look overall.

Now that I've been playing wolves more, I feel like they're not as good as vampires. You need to unlock basic things, so the skill tree feels like it was artificially inflated by throwing in basic things, like peeing and digging a hole. It's not very exciting. So far my sim was able to level up really quickly by wolfing out during a full moon and spending a new hours snarling at Rory and digging holes. And it sucks how I have to wait until I'm higher-leveled to access my wolf form when I want. Basically they spend so much time being normal sims.

Maybe pack play will be more fun.

I was able to unlock the ability very early on, I just had to go one rampage without scaring anyone. I just made sure to have my sim run around and dig constantly on my home lot, since she didn't encounter anyone she didn't frighten anyone, right after that rampage ended she got the ability to transform at will.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I was able to unlock the ability very early on, I just had to go one rampage without scaring anyone. I just made sure to have my sim run around and dig constantly on my home lot, since she didn't encounter anyone she didn't frighten anyone, right after that rampage ended she got the ability to transform at will.
    I actually misremembered how long it took. I unlocked it right away because I just locked my sim in her room and let her stay there until she was done. Her boyfriend just watched TV the whole time.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

And, you know, the crazy thing is that it wouldn't bug me nearly as much if the devs hadn't put so much work into things like making all clothes and hairs wearable for both genders, allowing us to choose a masculine or feminine frame for our sims, allowing us to choose who can get pregnant and who can get impregnated, and even customize our sim's pronouns! So many gender expression choices...but they stop short at female werewolves' chest shapes?! It's so arbitrary, and actually kind of sexist. I mean, probably not intentionally, but it is. Denying players the ability to customize a female character in a fully feminine way is just as sexist as denying players the ability to customize a female character in any way but fully feminine. It's not like players wouldn't be able to make them fully flat if they wanted to (you can certainly do that in CAS for female sims in every other instance), but give those of us who don't want flat-chested female werewolves the ability to customize our characters to our satisfaction as well.

Yeah I cant help but agree a bit here. I totally understand those that will say "well she's a werewolf, she doesnt need to be sexy" and prefer a more gender neutral physique. For those that prefer that, more power to you! Im fine with having a more gender neutral physique for the sims that I choose to have that physique. However I have sims that present as wholly masculine and feminine and I shape them as such and I would like some noticeable sexual dimorphism to carry over to my werewolves. Earlier I was playing around with making a female werewolf and trying to give her a more feminine shape. I thought it was okay but all in all I wasnt impressed with the final result. And I really dont want to start looking for cc body mods and the like. So already I dont see myself making alot of female werewolves. Im not going to demand that they start adding more werewolf body shapes for feminine-bodied sims since I really dont care that much, but Im still going to playing around with sliders to make my fem-bodied werewolves more fem.
  • ShagawaMichelleShagawaMichelle Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm not going to be able to handle it if my non-wolfy Sims continue to eat the raw meat in the fridge, voluntarily, and then complain. That's where raw meat goes, even in the Sims, and it's weird -- Gordon Ramsay joke or not -- to have them get upset about it.