Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Werewolves ?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    If it isn't broken and offers repeatable content then I'll buy it. If it doesn't then I'll be seeing it next year whenever it goes on sale.
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    The CAS is what sold the pack for me. The ripped clothes are perfect for my sims in a Rags to Riches playthrough, which can be played even without the werewolves aspect. ;)
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Undecided
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    I really hadn't planned on doing a Positive Thoughts Thread for WereWolves as the reception, both here and on social media, is overwhelmingly positive.
    @simgirl1010
    I've got a few thoughts on that.

Simmers tend to swarm opposing opinions when it comes to a new pack. Especially given the constant chase for "better" content in TS4 (since it's not going to end anytime soon), nostalgia for past content, the gaslighting no one seems to acknowledge, and the fact that the pack's theme was long awaited--it all leads to an oppressive air about dissention as a whole.

It's much like not having much in the way of masculine clothing, in that if one hasn't the resources to express oneself, one will be less likely to. I don't care what randoms think about me, but were I to head into one of the Reddit forums for TS (moreso the TS4 one, than the TS one) and state "yeah...still not feeling the weres" (even with a detailed argument) I'd be down-voted into oblivion and every comment would be either "You haven't played the pack yet", or "See? People are so ungrateful", or my person favourite, "I liked them, so 🤷🏾‍♂️" (effectively a waste of time). That's not even taking into account that there are going to be those who play and end up feeling a way about it ex-post facto.

There is an add on for some browsers which allows you to see how many people have hit dislike.

XWwnaCl.jpg

1/3 of people had a negative reaction.

Compare to My Buggy Weddings trailer which has 69k likes and 4.9k dislikes.
    Realm of magic 131k likes 3.3k dislikes
    Vampires 51k likes 1.1k dislikes

Lots of people do not like the look of the Furry pack. I do believe you are correct that those people feel pressured not to post about it.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Undecided
    Idk i don't really understand what the gameplay is. Just scanned the livestream and it's mostly more point and click gameplay and lots of boring rabbit holes? I'm confused lol
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    yeah, i already did. i am so excited. I have a Save where I made Forgotten Hollow and Glimmer world or whatever it's called look cooler. ANd I have made much drama between those sims. Both hoods have apartments so I can have several playable sims. I made Newcrest a more melting pot for all of them, with haunted and cursed houses. I had no idea the Gallery had a whole category of haunted houses! I downloaded the most Victorian looking ones of course. Now that werewolves are coming, that is going to add a whole new level to my game. I am pumped!
  • Options
    EmpurressMeowMeowsEmpurressMeowMeows Posts: 9 New Member
    maybe...still waiting for the return of playable fairies..
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have just about made up my mind. It's probably going to be a No. I'm waiting on the release and @Horrorgirl6 negative thread usually done to point out what is lacking, could have been better and or bugs etc. I don't buy anything without reading those anymore.

Sorry will make one .
  • Options
    cpinkz20cpinkz20 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I will definitely buy this pack! :D
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I just preordered it. At first I thought I'll wait until I've watched few early access videos, but I couldn't wait. :D
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Not immediately, but yeah, eventually I'll get to it. I'm not really crazy about the beast form aesthetic (of the ones shown in the trailer, anyway), but I think I can adapt to it... with time. :tongue: Hopefully some CC will come along pretty quickly to help me achieve something closer to the look I want. Love the pack's title, though. Simple and to the point is always a winner with me! :grin:

After seeing the stream I feel like I need to amend my original remarks. Most of the pack looks ok, but now I need spoilers (possibly many spoilers) to know if it'll be more than a "maybe" purchase for me. I'm not at all fond of the pack social structure (at least what they showed of it), and it seems more restrictive than I had thought it might be in terms of opportunities for variety in individual player-driven narratives. I knew it wouldn't be a whole free-form kind of thing, of course, but I don't know that I want to play someone else's story more than once. The world, BB, and CAS don't really get me very excited, either, so the game pack might not be worth a purchase at all for me. :disappointed: I'm not deciding against it just yet, but at this point I definitely need to know more details before any decision comes.

The pack structure is what I'm most unhappy about. It seems very restrictive and I really don't want to have to play through, fight and overthrow the existing pack everytime I want to have an alpha and my own pack. Then I'm stuck with whatever preset pack rules exist. I don't know if they will allow you to make any changes once you become pack leader.

Yes, exactly. I don't mean to throw shade on the team's hard work because I understand their intention in keeping just two werewolf packs in the gamepack itself. But their very valid reasons ultimately mean that they want us to play their story, not our own (unless ours happens to also coincide with theirs, of course). That's fine for people who wanted that. But that isn't my play style at all in this kind of game.

I could possibly use the club system in Get Together (which I do have, at least; if I didn't I'd be out of luck) to achieve some kind of alternative pack structure, something closer to what I wanted. But that means ignoring a lot of what the gamepack was apparently meant to be. Maybe too much, and it may not even be possible, at least not yet, not before we have mods to help with that and some other things. Just because I understand why it was done this way doesn't mean I'm not disappointed about that. Still, if I end up not getting Werewolves (which I've wanted for a long time, by the way), I do have other stories to make about other things, so I'll be fine. ;)

Welp, my other major non-starter has been confirmed to be in the gamepack, so it looks like I won't be buying it after all. :disappointed:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes. I mean it's werewolves, I had pre-order this one. Most of my sims are part of the occult (vampires, mermaids and spellcasters), now I can soon add another one.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I am a yes but may have to do a few more surveys to purchase. LOL I'm getting close.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I pre ordered so I can stay up all night waiting for midnight release. 🤡 No midnight release... My eyes tricked me into reading what I wanted to read. 😅 Guess I'll go to bed now.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Well......originally I voted yes, but I need to rescend that vote.

After seeing the gameplay trailer and learning more, I will wait for a sale.

Not loving the small world, not loving the fact we can't make our own packs with our rules. What ever happened to sims games letting you completely customize the majority of things the way YOU PERSONALLY want it, rather than forcing us to play in the devs vision of how we should play?

And I have plenty of ripped and torn CC clothing, the hairs were not exactly my style.

So yeah, I can wait.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: It's not everything I want from a werewolf pack, but it's closer than the werewolf mod that's out there. The CAS looks good (though I wish we had tails), and the B/B looks great. But I'm stopping by the forums because I saw Plumbella talk about a glitch where she couldn't see the werewolves, and I need to know that won't happen in my game before I buy.

• Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Undecided
    I want to, I really want to, but wanting to even play this game means dealing with the small text and small UI, when I'm already fairly close to my TV screen, because the console version still doesn't have UI Scaling even though it's a feature the game really needs and a feature PC has had for well over a couple of years.

I want to enjoy werewolves, it looks fun, and I suppose I will just have to suck it up and deal with the eye strain and headaches if I really do want to play.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I didn't want this at first. Werewolves were my least favorite occult in TS3, and I didn't feel a need for grungy clothing or furniture. I was happy for the people who wanted werewolves, but it wasn't for me. But then I thought of a Sim that would make an interesting werewolf, and... As soon as I'm ready for that story, I'm getting the pack.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Just did, now. :p
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Undecided
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 it I'm changing my answer to yes bc I'm in a bad mood, I usually love all occults in the sims and I need something to cheer me up. Skipped a few packs so I'm hoping this will have been worth the money :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    If I could change my vote, I would change it to Undecided (sale), or No.

I’m still not 100% sold on the werewolf looks, the fury attitude stuff, and the lack of custom pack-making (at least, it sounded like it?).

The werewolf vs vampire animosity is the major deal breaker for me, though.

Luckily, I am more into the other lighter occults/supernaturals like mermaids/merfolk, spellcasters/witches, and fairies (and sometimes domestic/nice vampires), so I still have other occults to play with—alongside the inclusion of the fairy mod—for my usual mixed occult-family gameplay. :smile: I also have Sims 3 for occult play as well.

(Will buy the rest of the realistic Sims 4 packs and kits I am missing from my Sims 4 collection instead of getting this pack. I will be using a fairy mod as I wait for a future Fairy pack.)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Undecided
    I'm still on the fence. So maybe I'll wait for a sale.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I own it. I've updated Moonwood Mill & some of the townies. I've also already made my 1st real Werewolf & she's saved in the Gallery now.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    sowww.....any of the pre order folks already regret paying 20 bucks for yet another shallow lackluster pack full of bugs and broken gameplay mechanics? (i wonder when EA will force "surprise mechanics" into the Sims games...).or did they actually deliver for once????? just curious ^_^
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    sowww.....any of the pre order folks already regret paying 20 bucks for yet another shallow lackluster pack full of bugs and broken gameplay mechanics? (i wonder when EA will force "surprise mechanics" into the Sims games...).or did they actually deliver for once????? just curious ^_^

I played for several hours last night and wasn't upset once. I've done nothing but think about getting off work today so I can play some more. I love it. But I also loved the Vampire pack, it is my favorite pack ever released so take that for my opinion on Werewolves. haha. I think they did Werewolves better though, much more in depth.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I'm not an occult player but I want to reward this more thoughtful, less buggy development so I absolutely will be buying it. My Wedding Stories, which should have been tailor made for me as a realistic player (even though I'm not super interested in weddings), was a mess. Not only was it buggy but the assets weren't interesting and the world looked completely unfinished. This looks like a true, complete game pack, and I'm looking forward to the world and all the assets a lot.

Really hope the next realistic game pack or expansion pack has this kind of cohesive, thoughtful, in depth gameplay.