Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is "My Wedding Stories" worth buying?

Ok so, I'm really dubious abt this pack. The three updates seem to have made it 80% bug free, the world is nice, I like the CAS, and love the cake making and the functional tea set; however I hate the fact that you can't throw base game weddings if you have that pack and that it also removes the "leave at the altar" interaction. So should I invest my €20 in this pack, or leave it and never buy it? And how do you handle this pack? Does it work? Are you happy with it?

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    How much you enjoy this pack all depends on how much you like weddings. If you play a lot of generations or just get sims married a lot this is a really fun addition. I don't get much use out of it because I play with the same sims. They can only get married so many times😅
    The two weddings I did have were fun. I enjoy micromanagement, the wedding planning, the pre parties, setting everything, trying on wedding dresses in my bridal shop etc.
    If you are the kind that just wants to get married quick and get it over with you might not enjoy it that much because it's about the complete wedding experience.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I haven't bought it yet. I'm mainly interested in the world and will probably get it, but I won't pay full price for a pack that I'm only partially interested in.

If you are so hesitant, you might want to consider waiting a few months till it goes on sale.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I very much like the area that came with the pack, but as for weddings I couldn't care less lol. I wouldn't say I got my money's worth in that regard, but I got something I wanted from the pack, albeit not what the pack was intended for I guess.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2022
    There are a lot of these threads about MWS, so I would suggest digging through the forums. Anyone could leave something out that may be important to you.

Long story short, it depends. Some people think it is fixed/great, some don't. I'm not super into weddings, so even if this was the most bombproof and elaborate pack to date I would not have used it to its full potential, but I do think it makes weddings better. I also like the tea sets and all the cakes, etc. I like the small details and that is why I am content enough with MWS (but the launch state was ridiculous).

Tartosa is a nice enough world, but I do think it is somewhat overrated. Pretty, but cramped to me. Still nice to have, though. The CAS is okay, but it left some things to be desired in my opinion. All that is stuff you can check.

As for the gameplay... It really is going to depend on what you want out of your weddings. If you are looking for a tight, choreographed ceremony then you are going to have to take up a full time position as a Sim wrangler. This is pretty par for the course, though. If you just wanted more things to do at and more personal or interesting weddings, you may well be good.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Well, even if it is mostly fixed, the pack doesn't add a lot of gameplay, even for the weddings themselves. Based on gameplay alone I wouldn't get it myself.

However the true selling point for the pack is the world, cause that's where it looks like the team put most of their resources into, so if you feel like the world of Tartosa is worth the price tag of the pack, go for it.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I bought it but TBH if I was picking and choosing I wouldnt pick this one. Its a very niche pack. If your sims have alot of weddings or formal occasions (so you got some use out of the CAS/BB items) then its probably worth it. It just doesnt have alot of generic uses though.
    I really dont use Tartosa much either....its just the world I send my elder sims to so they can retire in the sun!LOL
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I enjoy the world, the fancy clothing and most of all the tea set. I also like the cakes for my bakery. But the wedding feature itself is meh. I would probably still use the base game option if it were still available. So I like everything except the main feature? 🙄

I regret not waiting for a sale. I have learned my lesson for any future packs though. For any future packs I will wait for a sale unless it is really really what I want.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I'd class MWS in the same category as Batuu, Strangerville, Dream Home Decorator and Jungle Adventure, they add new gameplay but after you've done it once expect the same thing over and over again (unless you fall into a niche and love weddings and throw them all the time).

It's worth it on sale but only if you want some more CAS and B/B assets for weddings. The gameplay for me leaves a lot to be desired. Weddings are still buggy sometimes and the tea and cake decorating animations aren't the best, but if you like micro-managing you may enjoy it. I do enjoy the world and the slow dancing however.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Depends how much you like weddings, they were ambitious with that pack when it came to organizing weddings, unfortunately it's difficult to get it to work well. My last attempt ended in disaster, I couldn't tell if it was because it was buggy or if it was just difficult to get it to work.

Not great, not terrible. Buy it if you want more content. Don't play it with sims who are engaged though because you will get loads of dialogue choices to ask sims to attend their wedding.

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Short answer, no. I was gifted this after they supposedly fixed it. No guests arrived for the wedding. I spent nothing and I still feel I wasted money.
  • Options
    enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    I'd say it's not worth it. At least yet, unless you're super into the CAS and build items. For me the weddings still don't work at all, even though they were supposedly fixed a little - this might have to do with the fact that I play on console. The world is obviously super pretty and the wedding dresses are gorgeous, which is why I got the pack, knowing it wouldn't work properly. I still regret it a little.

All in all it's super buggy and my other bride peed her pants because she refused to go through with the seremony, and just stood there for hours. 0/10
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I have played through some weddings and I still don't feel like I need the new wedding system. I enjoyed old wedding just as much if not more, because they were more relaxed. The new ones are buggy even after the fixes and overall just alright. But I do need the gorgeus world, drawing in sand/snow and slow dance! I also like the tea set and the CAS. I bought it full price for the world and yes, I think I should have probably waited. I would have still bought it at the sale though.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    Well, I'm a family oriented player so I bought it first day, now we have it ''fixed'' I really enjoy it, I thought micromanagement would not be my cup of tea, but in this case I'm pleased, sure it's all on you, but weddings are not a every day thing so when I have one, organising it carefully makes me happy. I think it should be more autonomous, you have to manage everything and it can be a bit stressful, besides it still has some annoying bugs, but it's playable for me. Tartosa looks really good but lifeless, CAS is nice and Build mode too (I'm not into building).
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I really enjoy this pack but as a rotational generation player I go through a lot of weddings. The world that game with the pack is beautiful and nicely sized.
    I see your concern about not having the option to jilt someone, I never used that so I can't speak to its loss but if that is important to you then you need to compare that loss to what you gain.
    As far as wedding gameplay goes, the only feature I still struggle with is the flower toss, getting the wedding party to hold the flowers etc. Flower stuff
    The pack includes a buffet table which can be helpful for things beyond weddings. I added a tea room to the van haunt estate in winderburg which brought new life to that lot. The ability to have a vow renewal service is nice.
    I would say it's worth it but if you aren't sure wait for a sale.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Ok so, I'm really dubious abt this pack. The three updates seem to have made it 80% bug free, the world is nice, I like the CAS, and love the cake making and the functional tea set; however I hate the fact that you can't throw base game weddings if you have that pack and that it also removes the "leave at the altar" interaction. So should I invest my €20 in this pack, or leave it and never buy it? And how do you handle this pack? Does it work? Are you happy with it?

I'd maybe wait and see if they ever get around to a pack refresh for this one. Of course, older packs like Dine Out really need it first, but considering how bad this one is it has to get one at some point. Perhaps they'll adjust it later so you can leave sims at the altar again and have a choice between base game weddings or the pack weddings. That's what I'm hoping for at least.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    So, @Chris_McSims, what's the verdict? 🙂
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Nope I bought it ugh
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

One Simple Word

Yes
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    If you don't want the gameplay, then the world and cas is more than worth it by themselves <3
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    as gameplays and youtubers I saw, it worth.... but no insist to have an official, just use the 2 spouses at arch
  • Options
    EnyuEnyu Posts: 17 Member
    I'm waiting for a new expansion pack to come out, will wait for little bit longer until I can do the bundle!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It's one of the weakest game packs for sure. The gameplay and items included should have been just a stuff pack. Tartosa could have been improved to be more interesting in its open areas as part of another game or expansion pack.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    That depends. When it first came out I would of said to wait; but not really having issues now.

I like it. I am always having weddings in my game, the CAS, world and build items were amazing. I wished they included a bit more like a reaction when asking a sims relative permission to marry or allowing pets to be ring bearers; but it's one of my favorite game packs. Regular weddings just didn't feel as fancy to me.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I'm considering getting it when it goes on sale. For those of you who have it and have been playing with the wedding features, did the recent patch really fix most of the problems? In particular, does the officiant do their officiating job properly now? That's one of the main things I want in the more detailed wedding gameplay. Most of my other reasons for wanting the pack are CAS, BB, and world related.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2022

I bought this pack for the world 🌎🌞. I love the Tuscany vibe a lot. I think there’s 10-11 lots? So many Sims live there. The build and buy is great. I love the Marcovich family a lot and the Sotos. For me it was worth £20.

I’ve not arranged any weddings due to the bugs in the beginning. I’ve read the patches fix most but I just never get round to actually arranging them.
    Recently in Marcovich house I took out most of the wedding stuff to place Little Campers kit in the backyard.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞