Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Reports from livestream-watching Simmers, part 1:

- Tunnels are a rabbithole
    - You can become a Werewolf in CAS, by being bitten, by being born as one (but it can skip a generation), or by catching Werebies
    - You get wolf form as a Teen, but there are unique actions for Werewolf Toddlers and Children
    - Moon phases are being patched in and affect Spellcasters, Vampires, and Aliens as well
    - The lunar cycle is customizable
    - One new Aspiration (Werewolf Initiate) unlocks 4 other Aspirations
    - One premade housed family
    - Joining a pack requires completing trials
    - You can be a friend to a pack without joining it
    - You can challenge an Alpha of a pack to take it over

World Map:

(@EgonVM I'll also grab extra info from you if you have things I miss! I'm catching up with what people say between bouts of work)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Reports from livestream-watching Simmers, part 2:

- You contract Werebies (pronounced Wair-bees) if you're bitten against your will, vs. requesting to be bitten. There are ways to counter it.
    - New foods include raw meats, but non-Werewolves will have effects from eating it
    - An underground hideout is accessible only to Werewolves; B/B includes a Werewolf-only door and a tunnel door
    - The bus shell is a build/buy object. Any bar can be slotted in it.
    - Body scars are separate from tattoos in CAS
    - You can woohoo with Greg
    - Some new text in books is readable only by Werewolves
    - Werewolves can smell other occults
    - The new beard is being patched in
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Reports from livestream-watching Simmers, part 3:

- Werewolves can sleep on the floor, including in non-wolf form
    - They can get more wolf-like actions when the fury meter is high, including the zoomies
    - Personality traits affect how a Sim responds after their first transformation. They also weight Werewolf Temperaments.
    - Werewolf Temperaments can be purchased (with points, like for Vampires) or unlocked by actions. A blue line connecting them shows a prerequisite.
    - CAS customization includes ears, teeth, cheek tufts, and noses. But shoes can't be used on the Werewolf form. Werewolf fur is paintable, like cats and dogs.
    - Fated Mates is a new feature in the GP but was deliberately not covered in the livestream
    - The main aesthetic for Build/Buy is reclaimed items
    - Two new terrain paints match the world terrain
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Being able to restrict Werewolves to the Moonwood is great!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2022
    Moon phases affect mermaids as well. So every permanent occults except Servos.

Werebies are the cases where sims are bitten unwillingly. They take longer and sims can do things to get rid of it like get a remedy from the bar. Getting bitten willingly doesn't allow your sim to get a remedy. Plus the infoboard in Moonwood Mills also has info on that.
    Sims may also get Werebies while exploring the underground tunnels. Plus new sentiments!

The temperaments are based on sim's personality. The dormant abilities are the abilities that are obtained through gameplay.

When the sim first transforms, they begin a rampage and will end up somewhere naked. Afterwards they are scared because of it.

The first werewolf rank is "Pup".

Werewolf CAS doesn't allow all the clothing (at least that's how I understand).

More:

The calendar shows the moon phase each day will have.

Like in The Sims 3, you can set it be in a certain phase only or have it rotate. You can set the full rotation to be from 2 days to 24 days. The default is 8 days.

Sims can get moodlets from the lunar phases, sims can moonbathe, and children and toddlers can ask about the moon. For werewolves, the moon phase panel will show what effect the current phase has on them.

The following four aspirations... We know that one sees the sim climb through the ranks in packs, one sees the sim be a lone wolf, and one has the sim become a normal sim again. One of the aspiration seen is named Wildfang Renegade.

It seems like the default is that werewolves don't have clothing.

So we finally know it! Greg is a werewolf who don't want to talk to many sims and fights other werewolves and vampires. He is seen as the menace. Though with right conditions, it is possible to talk to him. He can be found near the wolf warning signs or elsewhere, even outside Moonwood Mills.
    One thing is for sure: I don't want to be Greg.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited June 2022
    OMG I love the pack already! I saw GREG! I am so happy that he turns out to be a
    Werewolf
    I am also happy that there are multiple ways to become a werewolf. Like the accidental bite or against you will bite. That is the one I hope will happen to my Sim! As that is the story I had in mind for her. I can't wait to play this pack! It all looked amazing to me! Love GREG! <3
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    - Kristopher is the "adoptive father" of Rory and Jacob
    - There are "dormant abilities" which are earned in game rather than purchased
    - You can learn about the packs/residents and lore through talking to the premades
    - The Wildfangs (and presumably the Moonwood Collective) have certain pack values you need to uphold in order to remain/rank up in the pack
    - Avelina is part of the lore
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    -You can track moon phases via the calendar or by clicking on the statue in Moonwood Mill
    - Moonpetals only grow during the Full Moon
    - Wolfsbane is being brought over from Vampires
    - The bunker/werewolf hangout is customizable
    - Occults in particular like to hang out in Moonwood Mill
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Once again the Game Pack world is small, despite how much room there actually is in the world itself.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    - Werewolves will suffer from extreme hunger during the first transformation and will need to constantly eat
    - The scratches on the ground during transformation are in-game, at least during the first transformation
    - Lou's last name is "Howell"
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Ah! Rage affects how animalistic will they act on their own. With low rage, they act like normal sims usually would. But with high rage, they'll sleep on floors and mark their territory. The rage effect (the red surrounding the sim) can be turned off by clicking on a sim, just like the celebrity effect.

Raw steak is not good for normal sims. Leave that for werewolves.

Sims who explores the tunnels can navigate the world faster and can teach other sims to navigate the tunnels.
  • Options
    - Rory's last name is Oaklow
    - You can "share concerns about Greg" with other Moonwood Mill residents
    - The ability to "mark territory" is dependent on temperament, I believe?
    - Rampaging werewolves can scare other sims
    - One of the dormant abilities is earned by going through a rampage without scaring any sims actually
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    -
    And Kristopher's last name is Volkov, which is a very common Russian last name, derived from the word “volk” — a wolf.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Here are all the abilities I've catched through the livestream.

Abilities that are bought with ability points:
    Level 2 - Voracious Hunger - Devour objects to satisfy hunger.
    Level 2 - Hunter - Learn to hunt for food.
    Level 2 - The Will to Resist - Regain control while rampaging.
    Level 1 - Scavenger - Dig up lost treasures and artifacts.
    Level 1 - Personal Grooming - Lick away the dirt!
    Level 2 - Somber Howl - Learn a howl that reduces fury.
    Level 3 - Curse Bearer - Turn other Sims into Werewolves via a cursed bite.
    Level 4 - Primal Instincts - Tap into your instincts for a quick confidence boost.
    Level 4 - Tunneler - Quickly travel around the world by digging tunnels.
    Level 1 - Territory Marking - Leave a mark in the world and relieve bladder need.
    Level 1 - ??? Nap - An ability to nap anywhere. Full description unknown due to facecam.

Dormant Abilities:
    Transformation Mastery - Transform into beast mode at will. - Unlocked by preventing your werewolf from scaring any Sims during a Fury-induced rampage.
    Werewolf Mentorship - Teach other werewolves with skill and grace. - Unlocked by running Practice Howling, Share Werewolf Experiences, or Pack Mentor as a Veteran werewolf on a Good Friend werewolf.
    Lunar Epiphany - Read the ancient werewolf writings. - Unlocked by reading werewolf related literature.
    Werewolf Empathy - Help pacify other werewolves. - Unlocked by reaching Delta rank in a wolf pack.
    Werewolf Diplomacy - Use diplomacy to win over werewolf allies. - Successfully Ask for Werewolf Sympathy on a non-werewolf Sim.
    Last one unknown.

Temperaments:

Prideful - Fury comes from being embarrassed or uncomfortable and may also take things a little too personally.
    Frisky - Fury comes from being flirty.
    Wracked With Guilt - Fury comes from being sad and may also feel a sliver of remorse for their actions.

It also seems like every level 1 ability only requires 1 ability point. In addition, some abilities also require an ability from lower level to unlock. These are indicated with blue line to the left.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited June 2022
    somewhsome wrote: »
    -
    And Kristopher's last name is Volkov, which is a very common Russian last name, derived from the word “volk” — a wolf.

Volkov is the name of the premade house! I slowed down the livestream in order to see.

Really happy because Kristopher is my favorite premade.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'm a bit surprised that no one mentioned Kurt (the name of one of the sims in the stream) is a Turkish word for "wolf." Or if they did mention it, I missed it. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Ah! Looking through YouTube comments, I found one little infopiece.

As you saw, a rampaging werewolf will be in Enraged emotional state, which can cause death in sims. Someone in Twitch asked about this thing. and got an answer from a SimGuru there telling that they can't die by anger.
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2022
    Looks like we're getting outhouses.

Update
    It's an elevator I believe..

I thought it looked like an elevator too, but turns out it’s a door/entranceway to the tunnel system if you place it in Moonwood Mill. However, it can also be placed on lots in other worlds which will then give you direct access to the world of Moonwood Mill.

Other tidbits from the livestream:
    - Due to the lore of the world, other occults will be attracted to spawn there, so it sounded like you’ll see more occults in Moonwood Mill than you’d normally see in other worlds, though it was a bit unclear if it was in Moonwood Mill in general or restricted to the bar lot.

- They also showed the new werewolf to werewolf fight. Then one on the stream was the friendly spar, but there’s also an unfriendly one. And if you have Vampires there will also be the option for a “supernatural smack down”.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    edited June 2022
    Greyling wrote: »

Update

I thought it looked like an elevator too, but turns out it’s a door/entranceway to the tunnel system if you place it in Moonwood Mill. However, it can also be placed on lots in other worlds which will then give you direct access to the world of Moonwood Mill.

- Due to the lore of the world, other occults will be attracted to spawn there, so it sounded like you’ll see more occults in Moonwood Mill than you’d normally see in other worlds, though it was a bit unclear if it was in Moonwood Mill in general or restricted to the bar lot.

- They also showed the new werewolf to werewolf fight. Then one on the stream was the friendly spar, but there’s also an unfriendly one. And if you have Vampires there will also be the option for a “supernatural smack down”.

They showed an actual outhouse. Were getting outhouses too. I hope sims can woohoo in them.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,410 Member

Update

They showed an actual outhouse. Were getting outhouses too. I hope sims can woohoo in them.

I thought the outhouses were entrance doors to the tunnel system as well? They didn't mention anything about them actually being functional as outhouses.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    edited June 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »

Update

I thought the outhouses were entrance doors to the tunnel system as well? They didn't mention anything about them actually being functional as outhouses.

The outhouse was shown close to the end. It had a toilet and sink in it. The outhouse has a different door on it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top