Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Werewolves ?

Comments

• Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I'll be recreating the original Howling movie in my new save. Need to adjust the create a sim features to be more terrifying. Cute and cuddle is not a werewolf look talked about in any folklore.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I did buy it, because werewolves is a thing I greatly appreciate. It may be a gamble how good they are in the game, but I was willing to take that chance, because... werewolves... The cover art didn't really inspire me though.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Undecided
    I'm interested in Werewolves, but I need more information. I never preorder anything or make buying decisions based solely on a single trailer. I need to see the actual pack gameplay in action. Finally, based on how buggy MWS was at release, I will also wait until some Game Changer & community pack reviews come out to make sure that the pack is not full of bugs & unplayable.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Undecided
    I'm interested in Werewolves, but I need more information. I never preorder anything or make buying decisions based solely on a single trailer. I need to see the actual pack gameplay in action. Finally, based on how buggy MWS was at release, I will also wait until some Game Changer & community pack reviews come out to make sure that the pack is not full of bugs & unplayable.

name me one EA release that isn't a buggy unfinished mess ;) every new pack always brings along a mess of gamebreaking bugs hence why i always wait for them to patch it before even considering, and i often also wait untill it is on sale since i find TS 4 packs way too overpriced for what they offer.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    TBH even if I had no interest in werewolves (which I def do!) Id probably still buy the pack.
    I love the CAS and build/buy items as they suit alot of my gameplay style. Also I love getting a new world to play in!
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Undecided
    I'm not an occult player, but I have purchased and played Vampires and RoM and enjoyed both quite a lot, so I'll likely pick this one up at some point.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I’m having second thoughts since it will depend on the extent of customization and behaviors of the werewolves. I’ll have to wait and see how much of the werewolf we can customize, in terms of face, body shape, and behaviors.

I’m also waiting to see how fury and packs work. I want to see how much control I would have over some behaviors.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    janwearsbracesjanwearsbraces Posts: 53 Member
    As of now, probably not. I find the werewolves' appearance uninspiring. I'll wait and see what people are able to do in CAS and if CC creators come up with something cool because, to me, they don't look scary at all. From what I've seen of the build/buy items they look too similar to what we already have in Outdoor Retreat and Eco Lifestyle.
    Spiral staircases please!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Pre-order done. Don't know when I will actually download it because that is a completely different thing. When the biggest bugs are squished and there are nice complementary werewolf-mods to download and all my current need to have mods have been cleared then it will be time to update my game.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I've been wanting Werewolves since 2016. I'm buying the game pack regardless if I'm excited or not.
  • Options
    MrCaptainPantsMrCaptainPants Posts: 9 New Member
    Undecided
    > @filipomel said:
    > I'm not an occult player, but I have purchased and played Vampires and RoM and enjoyed both quite a lot, so I'll likely pick this one up at some point.

I'm really curious; if you're not an occult player, how did you end up enjoying both Vampires and RoM? How did you did you play with them?

I personally *love* occults, so I dive right into them, but I've always been curious what non-occult players do with occult packs. 🤔
  • Options
    enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    Undecided
    I might, but not immediately when it releases. I'll probably wait so I can watch a few reviews on it and then make my decision. I'm not too keen on occult sims anyway, but I do love the idea of the pack (the same reason why I bought Realm of Magic)
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Undecided
    > @filipomel said:
    > I'm not an occult player, but I have purchased and played Vampires and RoM and enjoyed both quite a lot, so I'll likely pick this one up at some point.

I'm really curious; if you're not an occult player, how did you end up enjoying both Vampires and RoM? How did you did you play with them?

I personally *love* occults, so I dive right into them, but I've always been curious what non-occult players do with occult packs. 🤔

I play with occults very differently to how I normally play the game, in a way when I do play with occults it feels like I'm playing a completely different game with very different gameplay and goals.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Didn't see any bugs in livestream so it seems to have better fate than mws

looking forward to adding this pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    I'm edging slightly closer towards "Yes, in the sale" at this point.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Not immediately, but yeah, eventually I'll get to it. I'm not really crazy about the beast form aesthetic (of the ones shown in the trailer, anyway), but I think I can adapt to it... with time. :tongue: Hopefully some CC will come along pretty quickly to help me achieve something closer to the look I want. Love the pack's title, though. Simple and to the point is always a winner with me! :grin:

After seeing the stream I feel like I need to amend my original remarks. Most of the pack looks ok, but now I need spoilers (possibly many spoilers) to know if it'll be more than a "maybe" purchase for me. I'm not at all fond of the pack social structure (at least what they showed of it), and it seems more restrictive than I had thought it might be in terms of opportunities for variety in individual player-driven narratives. I knew it wouldn't be a whole free-form kind of thing, of course, but I don't know that I want to play someone else's story more than once. The world, BB, and CAS don't really get me very excited, either, so the game pack might not be worth a purchase at all for me. :disappointed: I'm not deciding against it just yet, but at this point I definitely need to know more details before any decision comes.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I ended up pre-ordering the pack on June 4th and after seeing the stream, I am soooo glad I did since there's no way I could possibly wait until after the 16th to get my paws on it. I can hardly wait until June 16th as it is.... I want the pack now. :joy:
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I ended up pre-ordering the pack on June 4th and after seeing the stream, I am soooo glad I did since there's no way I could possibly wait until after the 16th to get my paws on it. I can hardly wait until June 16th as it is.... I want the pack now. :joy:

Same! I couldn't wait and pre-ordered it days ago :D
    He/Him
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I pre-ordered on the 3rd and after today I'm sad I don't already have it. It looks phenomenal!
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Undecided
    Still no, but at least I've enough gameplay info to definitively say that.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Undecided
    Still undecided. I didn't see any obvious bugs pop up with the animated game play. But.. we didn't see much animated game play. A whole lot of reading pop ups and lore, cas and bb.
    Guess I'm going to have to watch some early access. Can someone recommend an honest GC who genuinely regularly plays with occults and enjoys them? I don't want to give views to the occult hater crowd.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Undecided
    Now that the livestream is over and evidence points to the pack being actually functional I have preordered it.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No
    cyncie wrote: »
    Kbobster wrote: »
    Before they make new packs, they need to fix CAS. It is so stupid that you can't save ANYTHING at all in CAS. I am so tired of making new sims or getting stuck with the ugly af sims the game generates. I am not buying another Sims Game until they fix that bug. And I say bug, because that is clearly a glitch. Surely, they don't charge $50+ for a life simulator with limited creator option.

I’m not having any problems saving sims in CAS. I just made some today and saved to my library. Maybe if you post in one of the help threads someone can help you figure out what’s wrong with your game.

Maybe I should visit that help thread. My game saves neither sims nor lots so Kbobster is not alone.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No
    > @filipomel said:

In this case, since I prefer period builds, use the BB until it cries for mercy. The CAS depends on story am doing but that is well used as well.

Caves and tunnels have been mentioned. It would be nice to get a tool for making one's own.