Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on Werewolf Appearances?

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    They're a bit more cartoony than I'd prefer, but that's much the case with Sims 4. I do think they fit in well with the Sims 4 artstyle.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Speaking of Werewolf Appearance; has anyone noticed in the new Werewolf CAS that there's a
    werewolf male boy bit. It was quite shocking because the sims has always been Ken & Barbie.
    I just hope the female werewolves don't accidently get a boy bit.
    I think Sims 4 just turned R rated. Very shocking. My games have always been only PG rated. :#:o

I did not notice…however, I did see an image of… suspiciously ordinary looking logs…

I also got several ideas about what these werebits (if they’re indeed a thing) could be called …however, I decided against sharing because honestly I don’t know if I’d get in trouble or not. It’s quite likely that the werebits aren’t werebits at all, but …a mere trick of ..the moonlight?
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »
    Thetford wrote: »
    I do find it a bit amusing that people are talking about werewolves as if there is only one true depiction and not something from folklore and mythology of many different cultures with further depictions in modern film and fiction.

This is what I thought too. It seems so odd that people are focused on specific things when there have been so many variants over many generations. Like I never even expected tails. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had had them, or not. Or had they just turned into a full wolf form, I have seen that lore, so I wouldn't have been surprised or put off.

I mean, I think it's more about the fact that if they're making werewolves, one expects they at least look like wolves?
    Idk man, they do look weird a f, I'm not saying it's good or bad tho 😂 😂

Mmm, I expected them to look wolfish (e.g a mix of canine and human). And I think they do. I don't see a cat. I think the blurry leaked picture looked a bit like a cat. But once I saw them clear, and in motion, they looked canine.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Speaking of Werewolf Appearance; has anyone noticed in the new Werewolf CAS that there's a
    werewolf male boy bit. It was quite shocking because the sims has always been Ken & Barbie.
    I just hope the female werewolves don't accidently get a boy bit.
    I think Sims 4 just turned R rated. Very shocking. My games have always been only PG rated. :#:o

I did not notice…however, I did see an image of… suspiciously ordinary looking logs…

I also got several ideas about what these werebits (if they’re indeed a thing) could be called …however, I decided against sharing because honestly I don’t know if I’d get in trouble or not. It’s quite likely that the werebits aren’t werebits at all, but …a mere trick of ..the moonlight?

Wait. How are you seeing them in cas?

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    MrCaptainPantsMrCaptainPants Posts: 9 New Member
    I realize this will likely be an unpopular opinion, but I actually LIKE the way werewolves look in The Sims 4.

Making the bodies too animal-like would require a LOT of needless work to make sure that they were able to interact with everything in the world properly, and without clipping. For example, some people don't like the "human" legs, but if they changed the shape of the legs, it seems as though their pants would no longer fit. Should they then spend the money and resources to re-create every pair of pants in the game to make sure that they fit the newly-shaped werewolf legs?

I mean, sure, there might have been ways to tweak their body shape that would have looked cooler, but I think it would have created more problems than it was worth.

I'm quite happy with our werewolves!
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I would've liked them to be a bit creepier and maybe have a tail (I'll just download CC for this), but I'm not too upset about it. They do look better than in past games, so I'm pretty happy.
    He/Him
  • Options
    Joy2070Joy2070 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @happyopi said:
    > Love them, hate the human feet.

I am feeling that. Although I am not a big werewolf fan, I always thought werewolves had wolf looking feet but could still be on 2 feet. I saw the new clock for the game pack and was wishing they made the werewolf's back legs just like that. It looks so much more realistic.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I realize this will likely be an unpopular opinion, but I actually LIKE the way werewolves look in The Sims 4.

Making the bodies too animal-like would require a LOT of needless work to make sure that they were able to interact with everything in the world properly, and without clipping. For example, some people don't like the "human" legs, but if they changed the shape of the legs, it seems as though their pants would no longer fit. Should they then spend the money and resources to re-create every pair of pants in the game to make sure that they fit the newly-shaped werewolf legs?

I mean, sure, there might have been ways to tweak their body shape that would have looked cooler, but I think it would have created more problems than it was worth.

I'm quite happy with our werewolves!

I agree. The requirements for making them less human looking would have resulted in too much clipping. The Gurus said as much. Clipping into clothes, clipping into furniture, clipping in animations and into pretty much anything in the game. That includes bushy tails and digitigrade legs.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    my opinion as a player is that the game need toggles to turn them off in game because as a player werewolves are not my cup of tea or limit them to the new world and not spread to other wlords in the sims4 but thats my opinion as a plyer of the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Joy2070Joy2070 Posts: 6 New Member
    I am not a werewolf fan but this game pack is making me want to get it. I guess it's mainly because they're not scary and can be customized. I like how they look. I guess I understand why the feet are not looking like a wolf or animal feet, and the tail would get in the way and maybe wind up going through objects.

The only thing I would've changed is the thickness in the neck. It makes the head look smaller but I guess that's how some werewolves look in movies.
  • Options
    AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    I prefer their appearance to previous Sims games because they have wolf/canine heads instead of just a slightly hairy and fanged human head. I would have preferred if they turned completely into a wolf (like using the dog animations on a slightly bigger wolf model) and I'm hoping that that will be a high-level werewolf power like Vampires and mist form.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Hmm I'm excited that we're getting werewolves, and I did expect them to be cartoony looking but some of the wolves look like human sims in fursuits. But as always, nothing a little CC can't fix.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I like them and I'm relieved they don't look anything like Sims 3 werewolves.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited June 2022
    Aside from the lack of tails and digitigrade feet, I think they look really good! They're definitely the best looking werewolves in the series so far. TS2's werewolves were kind of generic, TS3's werewolves looked like hairy orcs, but TS4's werewolves finally look like actual manbeasts! I just hope they didn't decide to lock werewolves all into the same androgynous body shape regardless of gender, because I hate when they do female werewolves dirty like that. I'm also crossing my fingers that they'll let us put normal head hair on them like we can with aliens, because my werewolf OC's always retain their normal hairstyles in manbeast form (they only lose it in full wolf form), so I'd really prefer that option.

Still, the default look of them...I can't be mad at that. Definitely better to me than the werewolf form the mod creator went with. (I'm sorry, it looks scraggly and mangy and wrong to me. No shade on the mod creator or the people who prefer that look, it just doesn't fit my werewolves at all.)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Hmm I'm excited that we're getting werewolves, and I did expect them to be cartoony looking but some of the wolves look like human sims in fursuits. But as always, nothing a little CC can't fix.

Yeah, I'll definitely be using CC. Some of them do look like they are wearing fursuits, lol. Still excited though!
    He/Him
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    About what I'd expected from TS4. Undeniably better than previous iterations while still being mildly disappointing. Digitrade legs with bigger heads and a more stooped posture would have done wonders. The cutesy vibe is probably unavoidable at this stage.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I like them, they’re cute. I hope there’s also a scarier version in CAS though, or that modders make some, because it’s fun to have freaky and cute options.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    I think the new werewolves are more like The Sims 1 werewolf concept, but with TS4 graphics.
    y4mRrNmb3yfBueSxBpPo_4DWw1z54lOjfbEgcCF09ekpvDDNO_MQa7trQIGKYmS5aVnQtYA3u5BkG2RU_7_uLRbNjgKCzxBLpk9HDnz1xby8gtBg5EjQ5HZX5f8UZ7GvMl0DwKH_xiqL1HatckBs0dGu-m43Pn2a6luoLqwFJ4QKd86CoTg2BS8YNtQJ7vxM8Oy?width=300&height=345&cropmode=none

I think you have a point. The concept of a wolf head on a human body seems to be present in both sims 1 and 4.

Looking at this picture, I kind of feel sorry for the female werewolves in sims 4. Their bodies look rather male in my opinion. I know some people argue that there is little difference in male and female appearance for real wolves, which is definitely a point. But these werewolves have upright bodies and are able to wear clothing, so it would have been nice if there was an option for a body frame that is a bit more feminine. I hope female werewolves can wear a dress that doesn't like a ridiculous dress up. Otherwise I will remove all clothing from all werewolves.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    lanlyn wrote: »
    I think the new werewolves are more like The Sims 1 werewolf concept, but with TS4 graphics.
    y4mRrNmb3yfBueSxBpPo_4DWw1z54lOjfbEgcCF09ekpvDDNO_MQa7trQIGKYmS5aVnQtYA3u5BkG2RU_7_uLRbNjgKCzxBLpk9HDnz1xby8gtBg5EjQ5HZX5f8UZ7GvMl0DwKH_xiqL1HatckBs0dGu-m43Pn2a6luoLqwFJ4QKd86CoTg2BS8YNtQJ7vxM8Oy?width=300&height=345&cropmode=none

I think you have a point. The concept of a wolf head on a human body seems to be present in both sims 1 and 4.

Looking at this picture, I kind of feel sorry for the female werewolves in sims 4. Their bodies look rather male in my opinion. I know some people argue that there is little difference in male and female appearance for real wolves, which is definitely a point. But these werewolves have upright bodies and are able to wear clothing, so it would have been nice if there was an option for a body frame that is a bit more feminine. I hope female werewolves can wear a dress that doesn't like a ridiculous dress up. Otherwise I will remove all clothing from all werewolves.

For a time I was in that mindset that the male and female wolf bodies should be similar. But I'm coming around to this line of thinking. I love these werewolves and I very happy with them, but they're not realistic, they are cartoonish. That's why my opinion on body shapes is coming around to this line of thought. I still want their wolf form to be slightly taller and broader, with a little bit more muscle mass. Not a lot but enough to make it clear this sim is much stronger than when they're in their human form.

But with that cartoonish style letting the female wolves retain a bit of their feminine human form would be good. I don't want the female wolf body to just be their human form with fur, but give it a hint of curves and breasts. It doesn't have be overt, subtle will do. A subtly feminine wolf would be great. My original thinking on body shapes was still being influenced by the way I had hoped they would look. So I was wanting the form we have to be as close to a real wolf as possible so that I could pretend these wolves were closer to what I had wanted before the reveal. I am fully behind the werewolves they gave us, I started to love them once I saw that clearer second picture of the cover and my love for them has only gotten stronger since.

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm on team Androgynous Wolf Form, and I'm not budging.

It's lost to the mists of the internet and about 4 computer upgrades/crashes, but a long time ago I wrote an article for a webzine on TTRPG werewolves and human secondary sex characteristics, and why I didn't think they were a good idea. With regard to female framed werewolves, it comes down to a combination of wolf mammaries aren't human mammaries, and breasts would get in the way of all that running and fighting. There's a reason why sports bras exist.

It wound up being one of our most popular articles, probably because the title had "sex" and "werewolf" in it.

But I do understand the appeal of having a more feminine frame. It's similar to the preference that "female" armor includes boobplate, even though most experts believe 1) it's not really necessary as regular armor can accommodate them just fine, and 2) it's actively dangerous for the wearer, both in terms of potential redirect of the blade and damage to the breastbone if the wearer faceplants.
    And my article was written in reaction to art that had the werewolves mostly unclothed.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I was really happy to see that the wolves have little or no difference between the biological sexes in the trailer. I do hope there is tweaking available in CAS for those that want to differentiate but I'm personally very pleased.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm on team Androgynous Wolf Form, and I'm not budging.

It's lost to the mists of the internet and about 4 computer upgrades/crashes, but a long time ago I wrote an article for a webzine on TTRPG werewolves and human secondary sex characteristics, and why I didn't think they were a good idea. With regard to female framed werewolves, it comes down to a combination of wolf mammaries aren't human mammaries, and breasts would get in the way of all that running and fighting. There's a reason why sports bras exist.

It wound up being one of our most popular articles, probably because the title had "sex" and "werewolf" in it.

But I do understand the appeal of having a more feminine frame. It's similar to the preference that "female" armor includes boobplate, even though most experts believe 1) it's not really necessary as regular armor can accommodate them just fine, and 2) it's actively dangerous for the wearer, both in terms of potential redirect of the blade and damage to the breastbone if the wearer faceplants.
    And my article was written in reaction to art that had the werewolves mostly unclothed.

I personally consider boobplates in armour as a different thing. It is something people wear, not the body itself. If a woman takes off the armour, she is still a woman underneath and they can wear something else that accentuates their feminine frame if they want. For werewolves it is their actual body. In the sims 4 this body is a very humanoid form, being able to stand upright on human feet. In that context I think it does make sense for werewolves to keep their gender. It does not have to be the same shape as humans, just a bit more leaning towards a feminine shape.

I was planning a story of a female werewolf who was struggling to accept her nature. But she will have a lot of a harder time. From what we have seen in the trailer, it does not look like she can even wear a dress and look good in it.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited June 2022
    This dialogue made me think of beast people in Skyrim. I always wonder about Argonian females with breasts. Reptiles are not mammals in RL, but the game lore is murky on this point. 🤷‍♀️ 🤔
    y4mnXPrQPwp1M9io6cpZQh8fcWq3yj5mXILC8ih_1WC3Gtv6xLW-DSmnXbXP0QAwfG-gc2_dL8CdrfOIrXtcv5KEQCjih3FU8JQKr_IS2WOf8uM19iGyYehIaamtMkDz-FZxVFQS-psotQtOF_jm_tS5WnmlvNkyOa00kpmGwGWmDPKqWNyvRJYed77v3CXYWU3?width=222&height=400&cropmode=none
    As far as TS4 werewolves go, the female body looks good being wolfish. I would have preferred a little more feminine shape, but I understand the idea of an androgenous look.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I love that they're androgynous, it really means a lot to me. Also I like that both sexes can be unclothed, which I don't think would be case if there were breasts included.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Hopefully there will be customization options for those of us who would like a more slender or feminine shapes for some of our weres. I do like there is some androgyny for the variety.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)