Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now how long have you been playing the Sims 3 for?

Comments

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    6-10 years
    How long do you have the Sims 3 game for? Answer is on the polls!

Registered on the sims 3 site on June 27 2011 but couldn't play until a few months later because my desktop at the time couldn't run it. Still have the laptop I bought for it :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited February 2023
    More then 12 years
    I switched over to the Sims 3 when ambitions was released, and ever since I've been hooked. I'm not actually playing the game anymore, just taking the pictures needed for my story. Owning the store, I have still not explored everything and everyplace!
    Post edited by jillbg on
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    1 - 4 months
    Wait a second, you own the Sims 3 store?
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    6-10 years
    I've been playing sense either 2015 or 2016, I had fallen down the rabbit hole of sims youtube somehow and was like 'what is this game I want it' but one friend had the sims 3 and one had the sims 4, and so I was like 'which one do I get' and I was still on the fence until I was at best buy one day getting a bday gift for my brother. And I saw a disc set of the sims 3 that included the base game, late night, and high end loft stuff for 19$. So I was like I guess my mind has been made. And I've been playing ever sense.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    More then 12 years
    I've been playing since it got released in 2009 I think. But for the whole time I started with the Sims1 back in 2000!
    :) Smile!

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    More then 12 years
    Same here, got it on the day of release. In actuality, I've been playing Sims in one form or another since 2001.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    More then 12 years
    Started when the it first came out, so been playing for nearly 13 years!

As for The Sims franchise as a whole, I got The Sims as a Christmas gift in 2000, so almost a year after it's release date. I've been hooked ever since, so been playing The Sims franchise for 21 years! Fun fact, The Sims 4 is the only game I didn't play for a significant amount of time. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Less then 1 month
    Never played to The Sims 3 and never will.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    More then 12 years

@ItsMeThatGuy "own the store" is an expression that means you have bought everything there is to buy, including expansions. So, yeah, I own the store B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    1 - 4 months
    jillbg wrote: »

@ItsMeThatGuy "own the store" is an expression that means you have bought everything there is to buy, including expansions. So, yeah, I own the store B)
    Oh ok.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    Agmolly210Agmolly210 Posts: 21 Member
    4-6 years
    I started playing The Sims 3 in 2015 I played a demo version and loved it and then asked my mom to buy it and I think I started playing with the Bunch family which is kind of funny cause my current sim married Ethan and currently have 8 kids thanks to mods two sets of triplets and two non multiples.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    6-10 years
    I didn't start playing until 2013 but have played pretty steadily since. It's my favorite out of all of the Sims games!
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    10-12 years
    It'll be 12 years for me in October, at least for Sims 3, and I'm still playing it. I played Sims 1 for a few years starting at the end of 2000, when I "borrowed" my brother's Christmas gift so I could try the game out for myself. I'm sad I missed out on Sims 2 (my computer couldn't run it) and not sad at all that I missed the first few years of Sims 4.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    More then 12 years
    I pre-ordered the game back in the day and haven't stopped playing since. I don't play every day, but I have been playing consistently since the very beginning. I've been a SIM fan since the Original Sims came out way back when. I've played every version except 4 only because I enjoy SIMS 3 very much and still haven't done everything with the game.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    4-6 years
    Since 2016.

Respect to all the veterans with 12 years+ :smile:
  • Options
    EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2022
    More then 12 years
    I bought the base game on the day of release in June 2009. Bought all of the EPs as they were released (except Showtime, which I must have bought one year later when it was on sale), as well as the first four SPs, and still haven't bought the latter four.

I've taken breaks here and there, especially during 2014-2018, when I hardly played due to having more pressing concerns.

I've almost certainly played over 2,000 hours of the game, though that's only an estimate, as I only played the retail disc version prior to 2017. Since then, I've payed ~420 hours. Nice.

In terms of The Sims in general, I've been a fan since 2003, when the Sims Bustin' Out was released on PS2. Played all of the mainline games in the series, as well as all console and handheld iterations, until the release of TS4. I haven't touched any of the newer products since, save for playing TS4 for a few hours in 2017 when I received the base game for free via Origin, grew bored of it and never looked back. I would be extremely hesitant to buy The Sims 5 when it inevitably releases in 2030. So I suppose you could call me a former Simmer.
    Post edited by Ethroptur on
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    6-10 years
    I don't really know. I know it's more than a few years since I have been playing the Sims 3 from when I was in middle school and I'm now finished with schooling in general. So around 8 years or so? Granted it was the Sims 3 Pets for console and I didn't get the PC until later but it still counts.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    10-12 years
    I have been playing sims since I was a little girl. I have been playing for 11 years
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    2-4 years
    I selected "2-4 years"; it's actually 2 years and a bit over 4 months, which technically falls into that category. I'd never played a Sims game till January 2020, when I saw it on sale on Steam and figured "what the heck, I'll try that." Then the pandemic happened and I became hopelessly addicted. I imagine my family and friends are probably planning to stage an intervention at this point.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2022
    10-12 years
    I got the main Sims 3 game in August 2013, not long before Into the Future came out. I remember being really excited for that pack as it came out a few days after my birthday and it was the first sims pack I got to experience when it was new, but before then I'd already been playing the Sims 3 on the 3DS for a while!
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    6-10 years
    Started in late 2014, when everyone else was buying Sims 4. But people said Sims 3 was better (and it was complete), so I bought that. People were right! :)

I do play Sims 4 occasionally, but it´s just so boring. Tried Sims, Sims 2 and Sims Medival, which were all fun, but Sims 3 is the game I always return to.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    RobbyCRobbyC Posts: 4 New Member
    4-6 years
    I started playing in January 2018 when I found a good deal on a starter pack of Sims 3 on Steam after first signing up for a Steam account and checking out some other simulation games.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited June 2022
    More then 12 years
    I bought it the day it was released in stores. My oldest daughter then was a year and a half old and now she's fourteen and going on fifteen.

I started playing the sims 1 after hot date was released. I was around 12 years old then and have been playing the sims ever since. The sims has carried me through my pre-teens, teens, and young adult years, and now I'm in my early 30's. It's crazy to think I have been playing the sims for this long.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    heavenlydivine81heavenlydivine81 Posts: 4 New Member
    More then 12 years
    I started playing the day the game came out and never stopped :) Tried the Sims 4 when it came out, hated it, and went right back to Sims 3 :)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    6-10 years
    Guys! I've been a sims 3 member for 11 years TODAY! LOL!!!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything