Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now how long have you been playing the Sims 3 for?

How long do you have the Sims 3 game for? Answer is on the polls!
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Now how long have you been playing the Sims 3 for? 150 votes

Less then 1 month
1%
SkyrryxPhilSims 2 votes
1 - 4 months
0%
ItsMeThatGuy 1 vote
4-7 months
0%
7 months to 1 year
0%
Baronwyn 1 vote
1-2 years
2%
SimDestroyerElisetomFirewestgamer 3 votes
2-4 years
4%
LatinaBunnyBerryCharmingStrawberryYogurtTurjanNitroglycoloctotigerskip 7 votes
4-6 years
10%
peterskywalkerley65BreazonaKevinL5275SunnyyesjamsAvataritNikkei_SimmerBrandontaylorAgmolly210SeashoreLiviaheauxfinitySleepstarSprottenhamRobbyCSimexpert123SimmingWithDanae 16 votes
6-10 years
13%
spankenstein89IreneSwiftStephStebwendyyi1ZeeGeethuggishsplicerlunaoddityMantleJackalbudewarminHillyBethtexanskyTinySpaceFoxWaterdragonpolrbearLilian1234Vailspaladinx333Lamaaaaynightmare_fuelltawt 20 votes
10-12 years
18%
yesme88misty4mlisasc360BlackSandgc6164ddsims3worldbecomingjennFreddyFox1234benson2006bekkasanviola-illyriapandabear1836BlueSpaarkleOnverserAstroxxnearlyperfectxKelvinLenny_OggPlainevilJordan061102 28 votes
More then 12 years
48%
auroraael14EvalenJoBass24uspisceschick75Kamb64Emily4331Piazzagirl1015carlystur03LaBlue0314Rflong7jaletu2005Jessa_DakkarSikoahGraceZhakiraPbklienhartPlayerSinger2010suetoopblaq797MamaSimTeePuddinroy 72 votes

Comments

• ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    1 - 4 months
    I started in December-November and still playing now.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    10-12 years
    I started playing back in 2012! I started late in the series, but that just meant I could buy all the expansion packs at once!
    edited April 2022
    1 - 4 months
    I started playing back in 2012! I started late in the series, but that just meant I could buy all the expansion packs at once!

Wow. That's cool! I've started playing Sims around that time as well. But not the Sims 3.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    10-12 years

And ... Still Haven't Discovered Everything Yet ... <3
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited April 2022
    10-12 years
    I started playing in 2011. So 10-12 year, since my vote didn't go through.
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    6-10 years

I started playing in 2015. I answered 6-10 years because that's how long since I started playing. However, I did take a few years off, so it's about 3-4 years of straight playing if you removed my hiatus.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited May 2022
    6-10 years
    I started playing in July 2012, after watching my granddaughter play Sims 3 on her mother's iPad while they were visiting from out of state. It's not quite the same game, but it quickly became my favorite computer game ever.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    More then 12 years
    I pre-ordered Sims 3 and have been playing since it was released.
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited May 2022
    6-10 years
    I started playing Sims 3 on PC in 2013. Before that I was playing the DS3 console version, which is a quite different experience.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    4-6 years
    I started in 2017 right after the Cats and Dogs expansion was announced for the sims 4. I was really disappointed that pets wouldn’t be playable in ts4 and heard that they were playable in ts3. There was a steam sale at the time so I bought the game and a bunch of expansion packs.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    More then 12 years
    Still playing it and loving it.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited May 2022
    4-6 years
    I never played a single Sims game until 2017 (and was told by a family friend to start with Sims 3) because of boredom resulting from recuperation from a near-fatal bout with near-total blockage 85-90% of my lungs (severe pneumonia).

I was driving my wife @Featherbelle, crazy with my constant whining of “I’m bored, there’s nothing to do”. Yes we men get like that.

She tossed me the Sims 3 disc, told me to install it on my computer and get out of her hair so she could play Mass Effect in peace and quiet. 🤣. Yes, I love my wife.

…and here I am in 2022, addicted to Sims 3.

Playing Sims 3…and writing long-winded stories.
    5A2F1A4C-A434-48BD-B9E6-5FCEAFA426E3.jpeg
    …having to do with River McIrish. 😝 who essentially has the same familial backstory as my RL wife (which is the reason, I use her for my legacy spouse).
    😁
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    1 - 4 months
    I never played a single Sims game until 2017 (and was told by a family friend to start with Sims 3) because of boredom resulting from recuperation from a near-fatal bout with near-total blockage 85-90% of my lungs (severe pneumonia).

I was driving my wife @Featherbelle, crazy with my constant whining of “I’m bored, there’s nothing to do”. Yes we men get like that.

She tossed me the Sims 3 disc, told me to install it on my computer and get out of her hair so she could play Mass Effect in peace and quiet. 🤣. Yes, I love my wife.

…and here I am in 2022, addicted to Sims 3.

Playing Sims 3…and writing long-winded stories.
    5A2F1A4C-A434-48BD-B9E6-5FCEAFA426E3.jpeg
    …having to do with River McIrish. 😝

I'm sorry about what happend! I hope you feel better soon! And keep simming!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited May 2022
    4-6 years

It’s been nearly six years and I’ve gotten about 65% of my lung capacity back - it won’t ever be 100% but, I can live with 65%

Computer died, but hope to get a replacement in around 9 months to an year.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    1 - 4 months

It’s been nearly six years and I’ve gotten about 65% of my lung capacity back - it won’t ever be 100% but, I can live with 65%

Oh. I'm so sorry! Really feel better soon! And still be happy with life when things are low!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    More then 12 years
    I actually pre-ordered Sims 3 so I have had it the entire lifespan of the game. As far as actually playing the game, it's been off and on over the lifespan. Due to system specs of this current laptop, I am not able to play it right now but I will make sure I get to play it on my next laptop.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    More then 12 years
    I pre-ordered and got the game just before the official release date. Played it a little but went back to Sims 2, and returned to Sims 3 about a year later and haven't looked back.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    More then 12 years
    I feel old
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    10-12 years
    Originally, back in 2011 & restarted playing it again in 2018 off & on.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    2-4 years
    Looks as if my vote is the only one in the 2-4 years category. Technically, that's the time when I started playing the game seriously. Orginally, I had bought a bundle of lots of different EA games for less than $5 altogether in 2013. Regarding the Sims 3, it contained the base game, Late Night, the High End Loft Stuff pack and the Date Night store pack. This was my "base game" then. I had a short test run with it sometime in 2013. I pressed the randomizer a few times and had a cook with commitment issues as a result. This didn't work out well at that time, and I left the game alone until 2019, which is what I consider my "real" start into the game. I'm playing that original save from 2013 though at this moment.
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    More then 12 years
    I played it when it was first out. Took a break, started again, took a break, well, you get the idea
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    6-10 years
    Hey, everyone!
    I must admit I was quite skeptical when I got the base game. My inicial goal was to check out the 3D models because I was learning 3D modeling at that time. I felt in love with it and, luckily, because of Sims 4, most of my disks were a real bargain. It must have taken me 3 years to purchase everything (except for Katy Pery's).

Nowadays, I give the game a break once in a while, but it's my favorite one. Also, as weird as it may sound, I haven't played with all the expansions nor the store content in a while.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    4-6 years
    I started playing in August 2017, when I received a laptop for my birthday. One laptop replacement later and I'm still playing The Sims 3, though I do take breaks from playing and focus on something else. My most recent break was nearly two months long
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    More then 12 years
    I think it released in 2009, and I picked it up on the first day it was in stores. Wasn't always the smoothest ride, but it's been in a great place for the last several years now.
  • paladinx333paladinx333 Posts: 11 New Member
    6-10 years
    Eight years according to steam. I had no idea it had been so long!